Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,180 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:16 AM

Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria (966 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by safarigirl(f): 7:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
Injury has ruled out Nigeria goalkeeper Carl Ikeme from an all-important World Cup qualifier at home against Algeria later this month, officials said..Ikeme, 30, was forced out of the English Championship game at Blackburn Rovers at the weekend due to a hip injury.
“Yes, he’s out of the Algeria match due to injury,”
said spokesman of the Nigeria Football Federation
(NFF), Ademola Olajire. The player contacted the NFF to inform them of the severity of his injury. The official said they are now waiting on coach Gernot Rohr to name a replacement for the Wolverhampton Wanderers shot stopper. Likely replacement would be Olympic team
goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel or South Africa-based Daniel Akpeyi, who also deputised for him when he was unavailable for an AFCON clash in Egypt in March due to a stomach problem. This is a major blow for Nigeria as Ikeme has established himself as the country’s No.1
goalkeeper since his brilliant debut in a 2017 AFCON qualifier in Tanzania in September 2015. He was the man of the match after he made several big saves for Nigeria to beat hosts Zambia 2-1 in Ndola last month in an opening World Cup qualifier.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/660832/OFFICIAL-Carl-Ikeme-out-of-Algeria-World-Cup-qualifier
Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by Chigold101(m): 7:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
Please call vincent enyama for us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by CoolFreeday(m): 7:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
That's not good at all, bring back Enyeama pls. this is not a time for experimentation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by drgica74: 7:57pm On Nov 02, 2016
pls beg enyeamaoo, i dont trust these other ones

1 Like

Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by acenazt: 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ahhh Vincent Enyeama Come to Our Rescue. Oliseh is no longer the coach. Abeg Rohr pls call enyeama and emenike back

1 Like

Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by Rajosh(m): 8:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
acenazt:
Ahhh Vincent Enyeama Come to Our Rescue. Oliseh is no longer the coach. Abeg Rohr pls call enyeama and emenike back
we don't need Emenike. We certainly do need Enyeama

2 Likes

Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by safarigirl(f): 8:21am On Nov 03, 2016
Rajosh:
we don't need Emenike. We certainly do need Enyeama
we don't even need Enyeama, before he'll come and play rubbish and spoil our chances.

His heart is not in the team, we don't need him

1 Like

Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:29am On Nov 03, 2016
It's true Enyeama is the god of African goalies in this era and has been Africa's best for the past couple of years.... BUTTTT......

....... His heart and soul is no more with the team. Time after time he's always said, "No, I'm not coming back"

Let Enyeama be..... And if at all, he's enjoying "this show" then he should go to hell!!!!!

We gotta make do with Ezenwa or Akpeyi. I prefer Ezenwa to Akpeyi. Alampasu is talented but inexperienced (but if it comes down to him, then so be it!!!).

So plsss.... Enough of enyeama-mania....
Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by LordOfNaira: 2:17pm On Nov 03, 2016
We need a loyal goalkeeper like Enyeama. I suspect Ikeme always feigns injuries when it suits him. Is he afraid of big countries? That was how he avoided the match against Egypt in Cairo.
Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by Rajosh(m): 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2016
safarigirl:
we don't even need Enyeama, before he'll come and play rubbish and spoil our chances.

His heart is not in the team, we don't need him
That's exactly what I thought initially when Enyeama resigned. But with the way the Algerians are talking, I'm a bit scared

1 Like

Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by safarigirl(f): 6:17pm On Nov 03, 2016
Rajosh:
That's exactly what I thought initially when Enyeama resigned. But with the way the Algerians are talking, I'm a bit scared
people talk a lot of smack before the games, it's part of mind games. The idea is to scare your opponents enough to think you're actually a threat
Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by Rajosh(m): 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2016
safarigirl:
people talk a lot of smack before the games, it's part of mind games. The idea is to scare your opponents enough to think you're actually a threat
you're actually right. So who do think is the ideal understudy for Ikeme
Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by Nobody: 5:09am On Nov 04, 2016
Daniel Akpeyi had a decent game against the Egyptians.

If he doesn't start against the Algerians, we should pass the baton to Dele Alampasu.
Dele Alampasu is a rookie so was Vincent Enyeama against the almighty stars of England at the 2002 world Cup.
If Vincent Enyeama who was a rookie started in a world Cup, why shouldn't a rookie start a world cup qualifier game?.

No matter how good a goal keeper is, if the defenders fail to carry out their primary duties, he will be made a mincemeat by the opponent strikers.

I actually feel we should give the young lad a chance.
Ezenwa is match rusty, we all saw how Akpeyi fared at the last Olympics game.

1 Like

Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by khattab02: 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2016
LordofNairaland:
We need a loyal goalkeeper like Enyeama. I suspect Ikeme always feigns injuries when it suits him. Is he afraid of big countries? That was how he avoided the match against Egypt in Cairo.
I don't think so!!! Because he is not playing for Wolves at the moment and he also needed a surgery to correct a hip problem.

So he is definitely injured and not feigning it.
Re: Carl Ikeme Out Of Nigeria's World Cup Qualifier Against Algeria by enomakos(m): 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
LordofNairaland:
ikeme is not like victor moses

(1) (Reply)

We Win Daily / The Miracle Of Dammam / 2017/18 Premier League Fixtures: Chelsea Host Burnley, Arsenal Welcome Leicester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.