Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

I Need Free Or Very Cheap Hosting And Domain For My First Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Free Or Very Cheap Hosting And Domain For My First Site (880 Views)

I Need Free Wordpress Theme / Cheap Hosting With Free Plan / Rate And Review : A Nairalander Created His First Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Free Or Very Cheap Hosting And Domain For My First Site by Sibrah: 2:02am On Nov 03, 2016
Hello house, I Need a (possible)Free or Very Cheap Hosting and Domain for my first and personal website.

I have been learning web design for some time now and have finally decided to build and host a first site. I have read about Nigerian based web-host on this board (NL) and domain registration but seem lost the more I read.

I call on the you guys to show the cost-effeective and reliable way out.

danielthegeek
larisoft
losprince
franklampard
jidez007
53cur3m0d3
spikesc
babatope88
badthinds
teampregar
logicalhumour
directonpc
weezyval
fulaman198
lekropasky
silento
echatbook
sircomeference
kvnqprezo
guru01
emmach10
fincoapps
kazukiito
kingofthejungle
thirdwrist
antonineutron
javanian
fayimora
lordzouga
pcguru1
halmat
noordean
guente02
Re: I Need Free Or Very Cheap Hosting And Domain For My First Site by cooljoe13: 2:33am On Nov 03, 2016
What can of website are you planning to host? lets start from there
Re: I Need Free Or Very Cheap Hosting And Domain For My First Site by Sibrah: 3:24am On Nov 03, 2016
cooljoe13:
What can of website are you planning to host? lets start from there
A personnel site displaying:

My brief profile
Some sample web design for prospective clients as picture link().
Few blog posts (static).

My estimate of its size is less than 1GB for ftp files, average of 250kb of page size and about 100 pages for the site. few resource files as i plan on using CDNs
Re: I Need Free Or Very Cheap Hosting And Domain For My First Site by cooljoe13: 4:11am On Nov 03, 2016
Sibrah:

A personnel site displaying:

My brief profile
Some sample web design for prospective clients as picture link().
Few blog posts (static).

My estimate of its size is less than 1GB for ftp files, average of 250kb of page size and about 100 pages for the site. few resource files as i plan on using CDNs

Hmm. Why not checkout www.mifihost.com cos they are cheaper and reliable. The only help i can also render is. Buy a domain only from mifihost, send a mail to their support center telling them you want a free hosting account and what you want to use it for (support@mifihost.com). I can promise you, you will get a positive answer. This was also what i did and a friend taught me this. Now am on their paid server. Aside from that, you cant get a reliable free host anywhere

1 Like

Re: I Need Free Or Very Cheap Hosting And Domain For My First Site by Sibrah: 9:30am On Nov 03, 2016
@cooljoe13, if I get your explanation well, me buying my domain with them will likely boost my chances of being granted a free hosting plan if I send them a mail afterwards stating my purpose of the site.

From internet research here 'n there, I heard most web-host seek higher prices for service much later when the web or domain is being migrated to another host. If you happen to know them well, please I hope mifihost isn't too harsh in that regard?
Re: I Need Free Or Very Cheap Hosting And Domain For My First Site by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 1:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
U Said It's ur portfolio site.

so i will advice u use 0fees.us, it is free, i have an account with them for practice.

i would have adviced bytehost but they'll deactivate ur account if it is not getting regular visits within two weeks.

u can also use infinityfree if ur browser can view google captcha
Re: I Need Free Or Very Cheap Hosting And Domain For My First Site by Temolad: 1:58pm On Nov 03, 2016
cooljoe13:

Hmm. Why not checkout www.mifihost.com cos they are cheaper and reliable. The only help i can also render is. Buy a domain only from mifihost, send a mail to their support center telling them you want a free hosting account and what you want to use it for (support@mifihost.com). I can promise you, you will get a positive answer. This was also what i did and a friend taught me this. Now am on their paid server. Aside from that, you cant get a reliable free host anywhere
nice one.
Re: I Need Free Or Very Cheap Hosting And Domain For My First Site by Emmach10(m): 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hy Sibrah.
For a personal site, no need of spending some bucks on hosting since it won't be generating much traffic so I recommend free web hostess though you won't be able to enjoy full services like php sendmail/mailer etc... but it saves you a few bucks.

But I did advise you to buy your domain name separately. Because when you use free domain name accompanied by a hosting plan, the domain name is registered by your web hosters and they are the owner not you. They just gave it out to you with the condition that you remain their customer but once you want to migrate/change your web hosters, then you will hear Nwiii as the would charge you high.

So in summary, buy a domain name separately and use a free web host for a personal site that won't generate much traffic and doesn't need much web features
Re: I Need Free Or Very Cheap Hosting And Domain For My First Site by cooljoe13: 4:05am On Nov 10, 2016
Sibrah:
@cooljoe13, if I get your explanation well, me buying my domain with them will likely boost my chances of being granted a free hosting plan if I send them a mail afterwards stating my purpose of the site.

From internet research here 'n there, I heard most web-host seek higher prices for service much later when the web or domain is being migrated to another host. If you happen to know them well, please I hope mifihost isn't too harsh in that regard?

Well i can bet you they are not. You just pay the domain fee and when you intend moving your website you are free. but i dont think you will want to move your website by the time you experience the services and support those guys offer.
Re: I Need Free Or Very Cheap Hosting And Domain For My First Site by silento(m): 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2016
Sibrah:
Hello house, I Need a (possible)Free or Very Cheap Hosting and Domain for my first and personal website.

I have been learning web design for some time now and have finally decided to build and host a first site. I have read about Nigerian based web-host on this board (NL) and domain registration but seem lost the more I read.

I call on the you guys to show the cost-effeective and reliable way out.

gigalayer.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Use One Gmail Email To Create Multiple Accounts On Any Website / This Blog Is For Sale With Adsense Approve / 3months Old Unverified USA Google Adsense For Sale WITH $373

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.