Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (81068 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 7:21am On Nov 14, 2009
Man down, man down.

The news just turned from bad to worse for the hornets. Paul down with an ankle sprain.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by lailai2(m): 11:19am On Nov 14, 2009
chic2pimp:

Respect ke? undecided It's meant to be the other way around
The dude is second best shooting guard in the league.
Give this guy a half decent team, he'll win multiple rings.

I mean reskect for a man who has a family, he went through him like knfe through butter grin grin grin grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2009
I disagree with Lebron even though that number was a special one. I think wearing it is more of a honor to M.J because that player would forever be in his shadows since we know there would never be another M.J. Bill Russell has already been honored by the way cos the NBA Finals MVP award has been named after him
As for who is greater? Just ask the number of Hall of Famers & Candidates that M.J ensured they never won a title in their careers

Roll call
Reggie Miller
Pat Ewing
Charles Barkley
Karl Malone
John Stockton
Shawn Kemp

If they where in another era they might have won multiple championships even Olajuwon and co. are lucky M.J temporarily retired

Haa with CP3 injured they should just apply for D-League and as if thats not bad Josh Howard injured his ankle and is out indefinitely! Thank God his contract would soon end ko maa ko oshi e lo. Dude stays injured so how is he going to help us challenge in the West
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 12:43am On Nov 15, 2009
lai-lai:

I mean reskect for a man who has a family, he went through him like knfe through butter grin grin grin grin
Oh I see grin grin cheesy

A-40:

I disagree with Lebron even though that number was a special one. I think wearing it is more of a honor to M.J because that player would forever be in his shadows since we know there would never be another M.J. Bill Russell has already been honored by the way cos the NBA Finals MVP award has been named after him
As for who is greater? Just ask the number of Hall of Famers & Candidates that M.J ensured they never won a title in their careers

Roll call
Reggie Miller
Pat Ewing
Charles Barkley
Karl Malone
John Stockton
Shawn Kemp

If they where in another era they might have won multiple championships even Olajuwon and co. are lucky M.J temporarily retired

Haa with CP3 injured they should just apply for D-League and as if thats not bad Josh Howard injured his ankle and is out indefinitely! Thank God his contract would soon end ko maa ko oshi e lo. Dude stays injured so how is he going to help us challenge in the West
Ofcourse M.J is the greatest ever. I have doubt no doubt in my mind

Hakeem is also the greatest & the most complete center I saw. That dude was amazing
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 12:57am On Nov 15, 2009
C2H5OH:

Man down, man down.

The news just turned from bad to worse for the hornets. Paul down with an ankle sprain.

well james posey can make up for the scoring cheesy
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Fhemmmy: 4:03am On Nov 15, 2009
Celtics has lost the last 2 games, can someone tell me what is happening
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 9:12am On Nov 15, 2009
bawomolo:

well james posey can make up for the scoring cheesy
Jokrt.

Brandoing Jennings is turning heads and opening mouths.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by lailai2(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2009
C2H5OH:

Brandoing Jennings is turning heads and opening mouths.

I haven't watched the dude, is he really tight

things are movin quick man, injuries still much, btw, hawks are growing on me day by day, at least they've had the exerience of our tough it could get

nobody even commented on our we were embarassed, 8 points only in a quarter. . . . I could not believe my eyes
well, denver were really up for it

d. Wade was at it again, I just imagine how good Miami Could be if he had solid help
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by r231(m): 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2009
lai-lai:

things are movin quick man, injuries still much, btw, hawks are growing on me day by day, at least they've had the exerience of our tough it could get

nobody even commented on our we were embarassed, 8 points only in a quarter. . . . I could not believe my eyes

d. Wade was at it again, I just imagine how good Miami Could be if he had solid help

we had a lot of tired legs out there dats why come on now a night after phoenix kinda expect dat to happen cus nugget will always come @ LA with their A game
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 11:47pm On Nov 15, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Celtics has lost the last 2 games, can someone tell me what is happening

I dunno oo. tsk.

ATL hawks has always been a good team but being at home, I thought my homeboys would step it up. They had it for a while but not enough to catch up.
And the pacers? I guess the loss to the hawks wore off. Why make them play 2 days in a row sef? obviously, they're gonna be jet-lagged.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2009
Even if the Celtics lose 10 in a row, I shall not be bothered. My singular care is that they remain healthy. They will get into the playoffs with the 1-3 seed for sure, the only issue is they must stay healthy and not push hard every night and try to win every regular season game. Save the fire and knees for the postseason.
lai-lai:
I didn't know you wanted us to gloat and rub it in  cool you shoulda mentioned it earlier hehe. But seriously, every team has nights where they just dont "show up" and get blown out.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2009
lai-lai:

Dude might be legit. He's super quick and light on his feet. If he really puts it together he has the potential to be a Kevin Johnson type of point guard who can both score and dish. I think his work ethic will determine how well he will succceed in the league.

Rumors are already beginning to surface that the Bucks should do away with a Michael Redd and tag him as their franchise player.

@ My Lakers losing to inferior teams. They have quickly forgotten that they are NBA champions and teams are gonna want to stick it to them every single night. Fisher is a disaster out there. CAn't keep up qith quick guards. If he plays against JEnnings he's in big trouble.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 12:05am On Nov 17, 2009
fAllen "the canswer" whineverson and the grizzlies have mutually agreed to part ways, as if we didn't see that news coming. Lol

Thank goodness that useless cancer stephen jackson is finally gone from the warriors.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 1:22am On Nov 17, 2009
LeBron James was asked if John Starks' dunk against the Bulls in the 1993 playoffs would make his top 10 dunks of all time.

"No, it wasn't because it was a dunk-by not a dunk-on. Starks didn't dunk on Michael, he dunked by him," said James. "Go watch the tape again. Starks comes off the pick and drives baseline and Michael and Horace Grant come to help and he dunks by them. I mean that happens every night in the league. It was a great dunk but it wasn't the best all-time. I mean, that is what happened to me with that kid over the summer, he dunked by me and you all made a big deal about it."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62820/20091116/lebron_says_starks_playoff_dunk_against_bulls_not_in_top_10
Hey, lol @ this take by Le-confiscate-the-tape. If that's the case why so he so anxious to sweep the tape under the rug.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by davidif: 8:48am On Nov 17, 2009
C2H5OH:

Hey, lol @ this take by Le-confiscate-the-tape. If that's the case why so he so anxious to sweep the tape under the rug.

I think it was his sponsors that didn't want the tape to see the light of day.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by davidif: 8:53am On Nov 17, 2009
C2H5OH:

This week on posterized
Dwyane Wade sperms on Varejao

[flash=400,360]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uRN7iJ5CqQ&feature=player_embedded#at=23[/flash]

ooooooooooooh, that was nasty.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by davidif: 8:56am On Nov 17, 2009
C2H5OH:

Dude might be legit. He's super quick and light on his feet. If he really puts it together he has the potential to be a Kevin Johnson type of point guard who can both score and dish. I think his work ethic will determine how well he will succceed in the league.

Rumors are already beginning to surface that the Bucks should do away with a Michael Redd and tag him as their franchise player.

@ My Lakers losing to inferior teams. They have quickly forgotten that they are NBA champions and teams are gonna want to stick it to them every single night. Fisher is a disaster out there. CAn't keep up qith quick guards. If he plays against JEnnings he's in big trouble.

I thought this kid was going to be a flop, now he looks like the next coming of MJ (this is what MJ did in his very first games in the NBA).

Unfortunately, his success might now encourage more kids to go play professionally in Europe instead of going to college.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2009
C2H5OH:

fAllen "the canswer" whineverson and the grizzlies have mutually agreed to part ways, as if we didn't see that news coming. Lol

Thank goodness that useless cancer stephen jackson is finally gone from the warriors.
Which team in their right mind will hire Iverson now? Along with Starbury? What a waste of talent.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2009
the knicks are interested in the canswer. that says a lot.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 1:35am On Nov 18, 2009
@C2H5OH
Hahaha Le-confiscate-the-tape if i had a quarter for every pet name you gave Lebron i'd be sitting on Carlos Slim money. I have a feeling y'all go way back and one of y'all Pachang'd on the other
But seriously why do you think Nike would want peeps to see their poster child posterized? The Lakers need a PG like Keira Knightley needs food. How much more can they cope with 0pts 0asts & 0rebs in 34mins?

A.I is not serious about winning nada! I think he wants to make a few more pesos its either that or he simply does not know how much his stock has fallen. This is 09 not 01 A.I! You've gone from answer to question mark heck he is like em Lehman Bros

The Knicks have been running a circus @ MSG since Ewing & Sprewell left! Having another clown like A.I to join the act won't hurt

Captain Jack goes to the Bobcats for Bell & Radmanovic. That franchise do not seem to ever want to make the playoffs. Smh

Marion & Howard injured for the Mavs!! Wahala dey oh this might force Carlisle to play small ball more than necessary with Kidd,Beaubois and Barea or Terry
Drew Gooden and Kris Humphries have been impressive but Quinton Ross has been a no show
Dirk has just been Dirk! shooting em lights out like the buzzer beater against the Bucks his team mates need to help him more often
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 10:24am On Nov 19, 2009
Lol A-40 na so we see am o.

In recent news, even Jordan agrees with me that his jersey shouldn't be retired.
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2009/11/18/20091118_ahmad_jordan.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt1
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2009
Well the knicks have nuthin to lose by getting Iverson for the rest of the year . . . he will score and sell tickets cos Lord knows they gon need the money next summer.

A-40:
Marion & Howard injured for the Mavs!! Wahala dey oh this might force Carlisle to play small ball more than necessary with Kidd,Beaubois and Barea or Terry
Drew Gooden and Kris Humphries have been impressive but Quinton Ross has been a no show
Dirk has just been Dirk! shooting em lights out like the buzzer beater against the Bucks his team mates need to help him more often
  Those fellas could provide some needed grit off the bench . . . and that Humpries na fine boy  kiss . But at the end of the day does Dallas pose any more of a second rd/3rd rd at best threat? same thing they've been in recent memory? I don't think they are.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 4:00am On Nov 20, 2009
@Jesoul
Three of our starters are even injured right now sef. See the reason we are a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder is simple! Dirk does not get enough consistent help in crunch time situations especially in the post season. The only time we did get consistent help we got to the Finals and that help is Josh Howard when he is in All star form we are at par with the Lakers in the West but he's decided to be injured and inconsistent at the same time. The good part is with a younger back court of Barea and Beaubois there is depth in the back court the front court is a bit older but i am liking that Humphries dude sha he's been productive with his lean minutes and Gooden has been an excellent addition so far i can only hope Marion gets back soon and even Dampier lol even though i still think he sucks. Bottom line is till we get that other consistent go-to guy we would always contend but fall short Kobe needed Gasol, K.G needed Pierce and Allen, Duncan had Parker and Ginobili it just may change for us this season who knows? I'm only scared of the Lakers and maybe the Nuggets thankfully the Hornets are not playoff candidates
I'd advice ma Mavs to trade Howard by season end if he doesn't shape up he turns 30 anyway and go for Rudy Gay who's wasting with the Grizz

There's been a whole lotta injuries this season

When would the Nets get their first win? 0-12. Jay-Z must be pissed!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
A-40:

@Jesoul
Three of our starters are even injured right now sef. See the reason we are a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder is simple! Dirk does not get enough consistent help in crunch time situations especially in the post season. The only time we did get consistent help we got to the Finals and that help is Josh Howard when he is in All star form we are at par with the Lakers in the West but he's decided to be injured and inconsistent at the same time. The good part is with a younger back court of Barea and Beaubois there is depth in the back court the front court is a bit older but i am liking that Humphries dude sha he's been productive with his lean minutes and Gooden has been an excellent addition so far i can only hope Marion gets back soon and even Dampier lol even though i still think he sucks. Bottom line is till we get that other consistent go-to guy we would always contend but fall short Kobe needed Gasol, K.G needed Pierce and Allen, Duncan had Parker and Ginobili it just may change for us this season who knows? I'm only scared of the Lakers and maybe the Nuggets thankfully the Hornets are not playoff candidates
I'd advice ma Mavs to trade Howard by season end if he doesn't shape up he turns 30 anyway and go for Rudy Gay who's wasting with the Grizz
  He is wasting for real. I'm not so sure all Dirk needs is a better supporting cast . . . I think he needs a co-star.

When would the Nets get their first win? 0-12. Jay-Z must be pissed!
lol . . . this is not a good way to woo LeBron over.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 1:51am On Nov 21, 2009
@Jesoul
You may be right on the Dirk tip which is why i'd rue 06 till the Mavs do win a ring i'd like Gay with the Mavs though i think the Window is closing on Josh i hope he proves me wrong

As for Lebron unless another Bostonesque coup is planned by the Nets or the Knicks i doubt he would go there i dunno wassup with the Heat but i won't be suprised if he ends up there
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by lailai2(m): 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2009
This Jennings boy showing some real consistencey

I'll also like to shout out the rockets. They've totally moved on without their always injured stars, They losses are usually tight n they grnd out wins as a team other nights. I wonder wat happens wen tmac n Yao comes back.

I also wonder whether the hip peeps in Atlanta have started going gaga abt their team, they gat some serious depth at least this season and their stars have matured
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by davidif: 6:28am On Nov 23, 2009
lai-lai:

This Jennings boy showing some real consistencey

I'll also like to shout out the rockets. They've totally moved on without their always injured stars, They losses are usually tight n they grnd out wins as a team other nights. I wonder wat happens wen tmac n Yao comes back.

I also wonder whether the hip peeps in Atlanta have started going gaga abt their team, they gat some serious depth at least this season and their stars have matured

Yeah, its amazing that Atlanta has now matured.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2009
Are people falling for the Atlanta smokescreen? smiley they cannot and will not keep this pace up. It's one thing to be an early regular season gunner, its another to maintain it come march/april and quite another to carry it over into the playoffs.

See these Celtics allowing the NY Sucks to take them to OT. Garnett may have had the game-winner but he still has no lift and pop back in his knee yet . . . it may take all season before he gets anywhere close to his usual self.

. . . and Tracy McGrady's days are numbered in Houston. He could help a contender if he's willing to come off the bench as a supersub.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 12:06am On Nov 24, 2009
Na, McGrady takes up too much cap space to be a bench player. It's easy to differentiate noisemakers from real contenders. Who in their right mind seriously thinks the Boston Celtics or Cleveland Cavaliers or Orlando Magic would pee their pants if they're matched up against the Atlanta Hawks? Even the expert analysts aren't buying into the Hawks' hype. It's a puff of smoke like you said. Can carry on throughout the duration of the season, but as soon as the real fierceness of O'Brien's trophy competition a.k.a the playoffs begins, I expect them to play their usual role. Same with the Suns. Though a Suns-Mavericks matchup would be fun to watch. I hope Denver matches up with Dallas so both teams can beat up on themselves. I don't see the Spurs coming out of the West this year at all. If they match up with Denver, their experience might put them over the top, but the Lakers are too long and skilled to be overmatched by the Spurs. Their trio of Gino, Park, and Dunco are still as dangerous as dangerous gets so I hope we don't have to face them in the first round.

Blah blah I can ramble on and on but I'll stop here for now. Chai see as I'm bleeding on myself. I just took my damn tooth and this surge of blood makes me feel like a lady on her period.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2009
Atlanta are still the 4th best team in the East and if these crop of players are well managed they may take over when Boston disintegrate and if Lebron leaves Cleveland i still don't think they can do it this season but only a blind man would deny that team is making steady progress whether they can keep it together is another thing but they have youth on their side

The Spurs are shyte jare!! Their window don close. My Mavs do not even need homecourt advantage to whoop their ass. The only worry is the Lakers but all it takes is for Bynum and Gasol to blow their knees and its anybody's conference in the West

Who cares about T-Mac? One of the most over-rated players in the history of the game tongue tongue. The Rockets do not need him at all
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by lailai2(m): 10:55am On Nov 25, 2009
Chei, na wa for u atlanta haters o. . . . Nobody here ever said they would beat orlando or cavs or celtics. We used words like 'matured' and 'progress'. Any team in the NBA can make progress at any time. Clets could only beat them with home advantage last playoff so I'm sure that'll be one of their aims this season no matter how tough it will be. Like A-40 said, they are a young team who might be primed to take over from those 'very old men' somewhere in Boston so they can still afford to f up for this season assuming they don't break up

pls, can somebody borrow the nets a win, I believe that any 5 of us here would have gotten a win by now that's is if y'all got hoops sha grin grin grin at least I know chiogo's gat

@a-40, has stackhouse retired
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 7:55pm On Nov 25, 2009
lai-lai:

pls, can somebody borrow the nets a win, I believe that any 5 of us here would have gotten a win by now that's is if y'all got hoops sha grin grin grin at least I know chiogo's gat
Lol . . . I am willing to lend them one of the Celtics wins  smiley

NBA NEWS: Has anyone heard about the allegation that it is now confirmed 13 referees were involved in the betting scandal and not only Donaghy? a huge development for the NBA. I heard it on the local Fox station last night BUT I have been all over ESPN and NBA.com today trying to find the story but it is nowhere . . .

In other not so national news, anyone watching the Celtics/Sixers game tonight . . . look for me in my black Pierce #34 jersey, 4 rows back off the floor, somewhere underneath basket Close to the Celtics bench  cool I landed some sweet tickets yesterday!  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply)

947 Stadium In Qatar Dismantled. Check Before And After photo. / See How Ladies Welcomed Atletico Madrid Players After Landing In Uyo. Photos / Meet Faiq Bolkiah, World's Richest Footballer, Richer Than Ronaldo, Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.