Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Why Do The Northerners Have More Disabled People?? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do The Northerners Have More Disabled People?? (1000 Views)

Letter To The Northerners II / Letter To The Northerners (part I) / Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do The Northerners Have More Disabled People?? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
OK guys, this is an honest question.. sometimes I wonder if I am the only person that has thought and worried about this a lot of the time..

We all agree that while there are beggars from every tribe, the Hausa's are leading with a great margin.. but that's not my worry now.. my concern is that about 70% of them are disabled.. some with unbelievable deformities.

a large number of them are crippled in the legs or have deformed hands..

how?

is it a genetic thing for them? were they born that way? or they became crippled after birth? what could be the cause? I can't stop wondering..

every morning on the way to work I can hardly ignore the number of crippled Hausa beggars along the busstop.

what spurred this post was what I saw last Friday on the road beside the Ikeja city mall. I saw two young kids (boys). I swear they can't be more than 5years of age. one was crippled and sat on a kind of small flat wood with tiny tyres beneath as a means of moving about. the other was not crippled but then his right fingers were missing (from the wrist) with no visible wound or even an healed one.

they were looking totally content with begging, no parent or anybody I could see around them. below 5years! left alone to fend for themselves!!

just how do they get these deformities? why just the Hausa folks alone? how? why?

matured comments please... and let's not be tribalistic too..
Re: Why Do The Northerners Have More Disabled People?? by INTROVERT(f): 3:17pm On Nov 03, 2016
The have boko haram... Fear of western education and everything that comes with it. They don't believe in immunization that why the north is bathed in polio. They don't go for ante natal so birth defects cannot be detected early and treated and they are dirty. Their food also is highly in nutritious that why you Harley see a chubby Hausa parson
Re: Why Do The Northerners Have More Disabled People?? by kinkie(f): 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
Polio
Re: Why Do The Northerners Have More Disabled People?? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2016
I think its leprosy that causes everything
Re: Why Do The Northerners Have More Disabled People?? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2016
They've been refusing polio vaccinations. I saw a documentary with people with weathered limbs over there blaming vaccines.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Northerners Have More Disabled People?? by dmz1: 10:56am On Nov 04, 2016
one of the causes is close sibling marriage IE marrying or having children with cousins and other close relations. google it
Re: Why Do The Northerners Have More Disabled People?? by Rivertemz: 11:29am On Nov 04, 2016
Depends on what disability.
Mostly from marrying close relatives. Which should be illegal, even in an Islamic region, Nigeria should impliment laws against marrying siblings or 1st & 2nd cousins
Re: Why Do The Northerners Have More Disabled People?? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
dmz1:
one of the causes is close sibling marriage IE marrying or having children with cousins and other close relations. google it
Rivertemz:
Depends on what disability.
Mostly from marrying close relatives. Which should be illegal, even in an Islamic region, Nigeria should impliment laws against marrying siblings or 1st & 2nd cousins

What is wrong with some people? Small fries, the issue of such diabilities or mental disabilities occurring might be more frequent yet its by a very small margin. I mean why cant you say the same about this in the middle east where such marriages are prevalent?

Small fries, refer to the person right above you. These occur mainly due to medical negligence and a non chalant attitude towards vaccinations.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Resident In Ijebu Ode, Ogun State.?...... / ENUGU STATE —crisis Is Brewing In Enugu Community / The Name "LAGOS" As In Lagos State Is PORTUGUESE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.