Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins - Wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins - Wole Soyinka (539 Views)

El-rufai’s Religious Policies Will Tear Nigeria Apart – Shi’ites / Will Wole Soyinka Tear His Green Card As Vowed? / Reminder: I Will Tear Up My Green Card If Trump Wins (wole Soyinka) (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins - Wole Soyinka by ceomike(m): 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2016
igerian author and Nobel Prize laureate Wole Soyinka has said he will destroy his green card, a permanent residence permit for the US, if Republican Party’s candidate in the November 8 US presidential election, Donald Trump, is elected.

“The moment they announce his [Trump’s] victory, I will cut my green card myself and start packing up,” said Soyinka in a video of a conversation with students at Oxford University in the UK.

Soyinka said he feared Donald Trump would ask all green-card holders to reapply to come back into the US.
Trump’s rival Hillary Clinton also painted a grim picture of a Trump presidency on Thursday, warning undecided voters as the ever tighter White House race entered its final five-day stretch.

“Imagine it is January 20, 2017, and imagine that it is Donald Trump standing in front of the Capitol,” Clinton told a 15,000-strong crowd in Tempe, triggering a chorus of boos for her Republican opponent.

“Imagine that he is taking the oath of office and then imagine that he is in the Oval Office making the decisions that affect your lives and your future,” she said.

Source - http://guardian.ng/news/i-will-tear-my-green-card-if-donald-trump-wins-soyinka-says/
Re: I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins - Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
ceomike:
igerian author and Nobel Prize laureate Wole Soyinka has said he will destroy his green card, a permanent residence permit for the US, if Republican Party’s candidate in the November 8 US presidential election, Donald Trump, is elected.

“The moment they announce his [Trump’s] victory, I will cut my green card myself and start packing up,” said Soyinka in a video of a conversation with students at Oxford University in the UK.

Soyinka said he feared Donald Trump would ask all green-card holders to reapply to come back into the US.
Trump’s rival Hillary Clinton also painted a grim picture of a Trump presidency on Thursday, warning undecided voters as the ever tighter White House race entered its final five-day stretch.

“Imagine it is January 20, 2017, and imagine that it is Donald Trump standing in front of the Capitol,” Clinton told a 15,000-strong crowd in Tempe, triggering a chorus of boos for her Republican opponent.

“Imagine that he is taking the oath of office and then imagine that he is in the Oval Office making the decisions that affect your lives and your future,” she said.

Source - http://guardian.ng/news/i-will-tear-my-green-card-if-donald-trump-wins-soyinka-says/

You have taken your selfish interest to America leaving us in the Nigeria you help some zombie to create. Hope you return fast fast to taste what we have been eating.

Trump to white house.

Return to your country ogbeni. Na all of una our President dey talk about.
Re: I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins - Wole Soyinka by Mynd44: 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2016

(1)

Ayo Fayose Pays N200m Compensation To Property Owners In Ado-ekiti (photos) / Flash:Obaseki Makes 2 New Appointments, Ex-Chief Whip As Deputy Chief Of Staff / Boko Haram Suspects Protected Me In Prison – Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.