Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand (13318 Views)

What Business Can I Start With A Hundred Thousand (100,000)ngn, Advice Pleas / Skills That Kill Idleness And Poverty! Attend June Marathon Classes / Pls Help Me Out, Idleness Is Killing Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by kings09(m): 7:29am On Nov 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by bosswina(m): 7:33am On Nov 04, 2016
It is a welcome development o jare. All of una wey dey form I can't do it,owu neva blow u wey be Sey ur eye ball dry and u no see food chop. Abeg if u no get work beta drop pride n go apply.

3 Likes

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 04, 2016
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by oglalasioux(m): 7:36am On Nov 04, 2016
The definition of unemployment in Nigeria is when you don't have a job in a government establishment, not in a position where you can enjoy kickbacks, not in an office where you can sign your name on a Monday morning and disappear for the rest of the week...

Most money making ventures are not jobs in the Nigerian sense. Everyone wants to sit behind a desk.

I commend Lagos state government for this.

4 Likes

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 04, 2016
Anyway if Graduates took the job , they should remind Ambode about Obasanjo vs Fashola.
Case Title: BRT BUS vs OBJ Poultry Farms. ;DAnyway is Graduates take the job , they should remind Ambode about Obasanjo vs Fashola.
Case Title: BRT BUS vs OBJ Poultry Farms.
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 7:53am On Nov 04, 2016
thankgodeboh:

WE ARE OUR PROBLEMS, Nigerian Youths.

This is very nice and meaningful write-up, OP.

However, I wouldn't totally agree that we Nigerian Youths are our own "PROBLEM" (especially not in capital letter) There are lots of youths out there striving hard to make it- trying to set up something for themselves, there are youths out there with really creative and innovative ideas (that can move this country forward) but the situation in the country makes it terribly difficult for them, a conducive platform just isn't there. The problem is in the system- the leadership.

What I think the Nigerian youths need to do is STAND UP (not only when it's time for voting or snatching boxes or beating up a couple of people during elections). The youths have to stand up and have a place and a say in government.

3 Likes

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by Payper(m): 8:07am On Nov 04, 2016
In my opinion this is arrant nonsense, is this the plan our leaders have for the graduate Nigerian youths? To end up as bus conductors after graduating from school?
I think this is an insult to a Nigerian graduate, Gov. Ambode can take his conductor job and shove it down his arse.
There are thousands of ways to empower the Nigerian graduate, we are a smart people intellectually and otherwise. Gov. Ambode and other Nigerian governors at that really have the best in heart for the Nigerian youths should look at what Tony Elemelu is doing and borrow a leaf from that.

1 Like

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by eezeribe(m): 8:11am On Nov 04, 2016
You are right op...

The average Nigerian youth has been programmed to be in the left side of the quadrant, that is E and S..

3 Likes

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:12am On Nov 04, 2016
thankgodeboh:
Ambode is offerring 50,000 NGN salaries to Graduates who would work as bus conductors.

LUCID.

1 Like

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by eezeribe(m): 8:15am On Nov 04, 2016
Payper:
In my opinion this is arrant nonsense, is this the plan our leaders have for the graduate Nigerian youths? To end up as bus conductors after graduating from school?
I think this is an insult to a Nigerian graduate, Gov. Ambode can take his conductor job and shove it down his arse.
There are thousands of ways to empower the Nigerian graduate, we are a smart people intellectually and otherwise. Gov. Ambode and other Nigerian governors at that really have the best in heart for the Nigerian youths should look at what Tony Elemelu is doing and borrow a leaf from that.

Tony Elumelu's programme is not for the majority of "clueless" graduates, it is for those who are programmed to be on the right side of the quadrant.. That is B and I

2 Likes

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by Bigcake: 8:22am On Nov 04, 2016
RiffRaff:
Nope, We are not the problem.... The Nigerian governments is the problem. If they provide an enabling environment & funding, graduate can do so much with their lives.

Even if i were unemployed, i would never take up the job of a bus conductor.

It is so annoying that when politicians talk about providing jobs for youth they think bus conducting, keke maruwa driving, okada & all form of nonsensical offer. They jejely do backdoor recruitment for their offspring to be at CBN & other posh parastatal.

To think that a graduate is supporting this daft idea is an indictment of the Nigerian educational system.

Why do you need a university education of 4 to 8 years in some cases, to conduct buses?

Do you know how much fumes from buses you will be breathing in everyday?
Have you thought of dealing with zoo people who are rash & doesn't know what it means to queue.
This kind of job will destroy u as a human, you will shout yourself hoarse everyday & soon u'd be agressive.

As a graduate, please do anything else but be a bus conductor. I respect the job cuz obviously somebody has to do it, not necessarily a graduate.
You have every right to keep quiet. When the desired is not available the available becomes the desired. This nomenclature called "graduate" is nothing but a compound name. Everybody now knows how to read and write, by extension can propell their reasoning and ideals to greater advantage. so whether "graduate or not", you must feed and pay bills. Every household now produces atleast two graduates. Therefore being a graduate that is selective of jobs is no longer fashionable.

1 Like

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by since1914(m): 8:24am On Nov 04, 2016
The Governor goofed on this one, it's an obvious own-goal. Though, I greatly admire Ambode for what he has achieved in Lagos within the short time he has spent in office, I have my reservations about this job offer. As much as I concede that the motive behind the offer is noble, I still can't ignore the glaring issues it throws up.

For instance, how does a graduate bus conductor relate with his barely educated bus driver? Their orientations are different and they clearly belong to two different social classes, hence will always be at loggerheads, considering the mutual prejudice each already holds against the other. Secondly, am also wondering what the career progression for a graduate bus conductor is; will he ever get promoted, or will he remain a professional bus conductor for the rest of his life?

I understand that things are very difficult at the moment, but Nigerian graduates must learn to value themselves more. Asking a graduate to become a bus conductor in a place like Nigeria, no matter how good intentioned the motive is; is a mockery of our educational system. I advice the Governor to use that money to create another kind of job for graduates, one that does not belabour the dignity of those he is trying to 'help'.
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 04, 2016
Mehn..... I don't want to believe Nigeria is is failed state already. That some graduates think being a bus conductor is better than idling away These miscreants called politicians and leaders put shits to the face of Nigerian youths because they know these youths cannot think outside the box themselves. When other countries talk about innovations, inventions an investment in the dalies, what we read is how a politician is eithe looting or spending the money stolen. Youths think think think. Will Ambode and likes allow their children or family members be Bus conductors??
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:33am On Nov 04, 2016
I'm sure this is a means where ambode want to use to create. work for graduates, he can easily hired a normal person for this job but he knows the rate of graduated at the expenses of limited company (job offer) even if he hire over a millions graduate, we still people graduating this every year but one thing I am certain is the job is my choice and you can't be a conductor forever, you can take the job till you get a better job and the pay is fair enough, hunger can make one become a criminal, owu na bastard.

1 Like

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by armadeo(m): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2016
ngoben:
If he is serious wif his 50k ...ma dear even as a lady I will take up d offer

This here is a real woman.

3 Likes

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by Payper(m): 8:38am On Nov 04, 2016
eezeribe:

Tony Elumelu's programme is not for the majority of "clueless" graduates, it is for those who are programmed to be on the right side of the quadrant.. That is B and I
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by Payper(m): 8:39am On Nov 04, 2016
eezeribe:

Oga Tony Elumelu's programme is for everyone, he never said its for a select few. You never know what you are really capable of until you are given an enabling environment.
Albeit Ambode's conductor job scheme is an insult to the great minds of the educated Nigerian youths.
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by africandollar: 8:50am On Nov 04, 2016
The pilot one got me...well done grin

1 Like

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by alakrity(m): 9:00am On Nov 04, 2016
Now some graduates are forming to take up this job , very soon ND and SSCE student will take it and after few months ,u will see graduates begging and making connection with agents and uncles to help them to secure it but by then , it wld have bn too Late . Similar experience was the CIVIL DEFENCE job . Graduate are forming to take up the job they call it guguru defence . But now NSCDC is a lucrative and well paying job now graduatez and the rich kids pay millions just to get recruited to just a lower Cadre alas they get duped and things are far beyond there reach . " Oko Noah till gbera "

A stitch in time saves nine .

1 Like

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by lynx200(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2016
The low level of education by Nigerians is so apparent to see on this news write up. The info that Lagos State will be employing tertiary graduates for bus conductor jobs is wrong. Rather, it said that it will train conductors at the Lagos state drivers institute and the graduates of the training will be paid N50000 as salaries. They are not employing university graduates as conductors. Check here and read properly.

https://www.nairaland.com/3435994/lasdri-graduates-not-university-grad#50610523

Its such a shame people here can't comprehend and analyze write ups properly. And this are the so called "graduates" who want to be employed in corporate offices and earn fat salaries? shocked If you guys can't comprehend and understand a simple write up, how can you make any headway in life? These are one of the things companies look out for when employing people but its such a shame that many "graduates" cannot do such.
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by EbukaLive(m): 9:06am On Nov 04, 2016
Why is everyone on this thread so dumb? Why is this even a thread? How can you be a graduate and you are still on this matter? Are you a LASDRI Graduate? Why then are we talking about bus conductor work in Lagos ní to rí Ólórun
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by EbukaLive(m): 9:08am On Nov 04, 2016
lynx200:
The low level of education by Nigerians is so apparent to see on this news write up. The info that Lagos State will be employing tertiary graduates for bus conductor jobs is wrong. Rather, it said that it will train conductors at the Lagos state drivers institute and the graduates of the training will be paid N50000 as salaries. They are not employing university graduates as conductors. Check here and read properly.

Its such a shame people here can't comprehend and analyze write ups properly. And this are the so called "graduates" who want to be employed in corporate offices and earn fat salaries? shocked If you guys can't comprehend and understand a simple write up, how can you make any headway in life? These are one of the things companies look out for when employing people but its such a shame that many "graduates" cannot do such.

Thank you very much. I'm really angry about this thread and I am sick to my stomach...
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by afroLAD: 10:02am On Nov 04, 2016
lynx200:

Who is this olodo spewing nonsense?

You pasted a thread that quoted Vanguard as the source but in your eagerness to show off you failed to read where Vanguard had written "would employ 1000 graduates from different Universities as Bus Conductors."

These university graduates will now be trained at LASDRI. And upon graduation from LASDRI, they will become bus conductors.

If we're to go by what Vanguard had written - it is true that university graduates are to be employed as bus conductors.

Your low level of education is so apparent for us to see now. It's a shame you can't comprehend and analyse write up properly. I wonder how you can make a headway in life if you can't comprehend something as simple as this.

4 Likes

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by Ivoryd1: 10:48am On Nov 04, 2016
Well I don't support diz move by lag govt.
Instead dey can build more schools and employ more graduates dere...by d@ dere can be job progression n brain development....
Graduates as bus conductors will in d long run cause massive brain drain which will even triple underdevelopment in d country....
If d govt. is sincere about creating jobs for graduates, dey can give out loans
4 business @ low interest n cheap collateral...and many other noble avenues....not bus conducting...
Its a slap on our education system...I'll rather stay on 30000 teaching job dan where I know there is career development even in other areas....
It seems many of u supporting diz idea have a myopic thinking of d long run effect on yourself n d society...
Dere is no career development in bus conducting cuz after some years on d job n u decide to apply 4 a white collar job, do u tink ur brain can pass any CBT test dey give to u....capital NO....
I know dere is hardship n unemployment, but den what is bad is bad....bus conductors cannot drive any technological development in d country...but take d job if u can...evry1 is entitled to his or her choice....MAKE D RIGHT CHOICE
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by amicable09(f): 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
karleone:
Wonderful piece. Swift response from SuperMod.

Hope the salary will increase over time?
Or will it be based on contract?

I cannor come and let this opportunity pass me by!
Amicable09, what sayeth thou??
Lolz.
Give it a shot Karl!
Give it a shot! grin

But!
Not without getting those questions answered first!

I expect that after sometime, a graduate bus conductor should progress to a graduate driver (Engineering graduates especially), from there to gaining ownership of the bus and becoming self sufficient.

If it's that way, then the development is sustainable and I will throw my weight in full hearted support. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by EbukaLive(m): 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2016
afroLAD:

Who is this olodo spewing nonsense?

You pasted a thread that quoted Vanguard as the source but in your eagerness to show off you failed to read where Vanguard had written "would employ 1000 graduates from different Universities as Bus Conductors."

These university graduates will now be trained at LASDRI. And upon graduation from LASDRI, they will become bus conductors.

If we're to go by what Vanguard had written - it is true that university graduates are to be employed as bus conductors.

Your low level of education is so apparent for us to see now. It's a shame you can't comprehend and analyse write up properly. I wonder how you can make a headway in life if you can't comprehend something as simple as this.

Is everything okay with you?

1 Like

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by BizBayo: 3:05pm On Nov 04, 2016
unclezuma:
grin
Are there other career prospects asides fighting with NURTW collectors everyday?

I really don't want to end up a boxer.

Bro, what if 'its in you' just like peak milk. Looool
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by slick1(m): 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2016
Nigerians like packaged jobs where u have to wear suits under scorching sun for just like 30k per month.....
My advice is if u r currently idle take the job and rack up enough capital to pursue your dreams.
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by MsFaith: 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2016
I almost gave it a thought, then I remembered I am a lady
Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
BizBayo:

Bro, what if 'its in you' just like peak milk. Looool

For this recession? where the peak milk?

grin grin grin grin

Re: Of Ambode's 50,000 Ngn, Idleness And One Night Stand by jashar(f): 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
Let their children who are graduates take the job.

Nansense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider / Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice / Maersk Shipping Firm Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.