Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah (10747 Views)

Why Women Are Kept Closer To The Ka'abah (Photos) / Let's Go To Allah Before We Will Return To Allah. / I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2016
Demmzy15:
Hmmmn, I've always been praying and fulfilling my duties as Muslim but I didn't do them at the appointed time, especially my Salaah.

I was going through the Qur'an one day, I came across a chapter I read almost everyday, but I didn't know it's through meaning. This is why it's necessary for us as Muslims to learn the Arabic language, so as we can understand the Qur'an. The translation is as follows:

Have you seen the one who denies the Recompense? For that is the one who drives away the orphan. And does not encourage the feeding of the poor. So woe to those who pray, [But] who are heedless of their prayer and it's stated times- Those who make show [of their deeds]. And withhold [simple] assistance. Qur'an 107

WAllahi when I read this chapter, I pondered and I concluded that it refers to me.

#I was super stingy in Junior Secondary to the extent they called me "St" aka "Saint Steve" (weird right?!)

#I didn't pray at the appointed time.

It was this one chapter that changed me, Alhamdullahi!

You no stingy again ba?

Oya I need 10k o! wink
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Demmzy15(m): 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2016
lexiconkabir:

You no stingy again ba?

Oya I need 10k o! wink
Hehehehe, no fear if that package I told you about work out wink
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
Demmzy15:

grin grin issoryt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2016
Demmzy15:

Guy I feel like looking for the trouble of the rawaafid here grin
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Demmzy15(m): 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Guy I feel like looking for the trouble of the rawaafid here grin
ShiaMuslim bah? grin grin
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
Demmzy15:
ShiaMus.lim bah? grin grin

I don already open thread sha.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
Demmzy15:
Hmmmn, I've always been praying and fulfilling my duties as Muslim but I didn't do them at the appointed time, especially my Salaah.

I was going through the Qur'an one day, I came across a chapter I read almost everyday, but I didn't know it's through meaning. This is why it's necessary for us as Muslims to learn the Arabic language, so as we can understand the Qur'an. The translation is as follows:

Have you seen the one who denies the Recompense? For that is the one who drives away the orphan. And does not encourage the feeding of the poor. So woe to those who pray, [But] who are heedless of their prayer and it's stated times- Those who make show [of their deeds]. And withhold [simple] assistance. Qur'an 107

WAllahi when I read this chapter, I pondered and I concluded that it refers to me.

#I was super stingy in Junior Secondary to the extent they called me "St" aka "Saint Steve" (weird right?!)

#I didn't pray at the appointed time.

It was this one chapter that changed me, Alhamdullahi!

Maa shaaa Allaah!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nafizzey(m): 6:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
For me, many tins Allah did for me, like providing me with a good competitive job when I had none and needed it soooo badly. Notwithstanding the odds against me, such as; not being the most qualified for the job. Other applicants had MSC and even PHD. Only had Bsc.
Soooooo many tins Allah did for me. And it brings me to tears whenever I rmb how greatly I ve been favoured by Allah irrespective of my vast sins.
Congratulations Sir, meanwhile I'm in a situation similar to yours right now with other challenging life problems.. I pray Almighty Allah wipe away my tears soon and all Muslims Ummah with Good desires..

Ameen!
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:23pm On Nov 05, 2016
Nafizzey:
Congratulations Sir, meanwhile I'm in a situation similar to yours right now with other challenging life problems.. I pray Almighty Allah wipe away my tears soon and all Muslims Ummah with Good desires..

Ameen!
Ameen. May Allah look in ur heart, see ur pains and remove them frm u.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Antina(f): 11:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
When I see those with disabilities struggling and striving to meet up at the time of prayer. I first of all look at it this way and ask myself, am I better than them in any way, why did God create them this way? Yet you see them at the mosque to pray at the appropriate time, what will become of me if I die this way as complete as I am yet lagging behind those with disabilities in the cause of Allah.

Secondly, seeing those crawling on the road begging for alms, I always feel deep pain inside my heart, I put myself in their shoes. I always pray inside of me to God to ease their affairs and wonder why God created them that way and not me.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by hahn(m): 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
Antina:
When I see those with disabilities struggling and striving to meet up at the time of prayer. I first of all look at it this way and ask myself, am I better than them in any way, why did God create them this way? Yet you see them at the mosque to pray at the appropriate time, what will become of me if I die this way as complete as I am yet lagging behind those with disabilities in the cause of Allah.

Secondly, seeing those crawling on the road begging for alms, I always feel deep pain inside my heart, I put myself in their shoes. I always pray inside of me to God to ease their affairs and wonder why God created them that way and not me.

The question should be why would Allah create that way at all?

It is either it just enjoys watching people suffer or it doesn't exist.
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
Will modify in sha Allah
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 10, 2017
The very first experience that brought me closer to Allah was somewhat unexpected. It was when I started praying my five daily prayers.

I was thirteen at that time,a few moths away from my fourteenth birthday. Generally I was lazy with my prayer and barely offered them at all. I always struggled with pray and it was mainly laziness.
So in my class we use to have a few groups of brothers (ie my classmates) who were knowledgeable and practiced the deen. These brothers would fast on Mondays and Thursdays and would openly talk about the deen. I used to admire them from afar and I always felt that they were very good people and I am just not like that.

Fortunately for me, one day during an Islamic lesson we sat in a group and I had a chance to talk to these brothers about the religion and eman and a lot of other things. One of them told me a hadith about the grave life and that was it.

I went home that day, entered Islam like a non Muslim would and I began praying all my five daily prayers. That period and that year was pretty much the most peaceful and happiest period in my life. I felt a huge sense of relief, a sense of peace and contentment in my heart that lasted for well over a year.
Now for me, what really amazed me was that when I was really young around 8-10, my uncle and family friends came visiting one day. When it was time to pray they invited me to pray with them and I, being a child, felt lazy and didn't join them even though I wanted to. I preferred to play and eat. I remember after that I felt sad and I made a dua. Basically I said Ya Allah I don't pray now because I am a child but when I am big, like 14 years old, make me pray.
To me I don't think it was a coincidence that I started praying a few months to my fourteenth birthday. Prior to that I knew I couldn't consider myself a Muslim because I didn't pray. I knew about grave life and afterlife but it still wan't sufficient to make me overcome my laziness.

Sometimes I think, what made that day different?

Alhamdulliah for hidayah.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Fundamentalist: 4:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
I have always questioned my life and it got me to level of thinking like an atheist. though born a nominal muslim i found it very BORING to participate in religious rituals , My life changed the day i started to read books on topics of Aqeedah by bilal philips, my life changed 360 degrees and today its history.

i wondered if i had died before then, what would have been my faith before Allah

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mofpearl: 4:59pm On Mar 04, 2017
One of the experiences that brought me closer to Allah was when I was tested. I didn't think things would be the same again, but I made a dua to Allah and in what seem like a movie, it got accepted. I was surprised by the outcome.
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 04, 2017
Mofpearl:

was your other account banned?
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mofpearl: 5:11pm On May 05, 2017
I enjoyed reading this again.
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mofpearl: 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2017
@Abdelkabir

Still not sure why it wouldn't concern anyone. People are being prevented from visiting the holy mosque in Mecca.

This isn't right.

I understood that statement to mean, it only concerns those getting affected *which also doesn't feel right either.*
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2017
Here is what preceded that:

Is it permissible for a Muslim to speak against the Muslim ruler of a different country?
-
Shaykh Al-Fawzan: "NO"
-

This includes the Ameer of Qatar.

Simply don't speak ill about a Muslim ruler as its not a matter that concern you....
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mofpearl: 8:55pm On Jun 11, 2017
Speaking ill is what is condemned? So speaking ill about a leader is not anyone's business. But we can speak generally about actions of leaders without speaking ill of them?

Modified*- This is what u wrote

"Please refrain yourselves from speaking on matters that do not concern you."

Were those your words?* I thought they were yours*
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mofpearl:
Speaking ill is what is condemned? So speaking ill about a leader is not anyone's business. Buy we can speak generally about actions of leaders without speaking ill of them?

Modified*- This is what u wrote

"Please refrain yourselves from speaking on matters that do not concern you."

Were those your words?* I thought they were yours*

I do not know what you intend gaining from this, but I've explained what I meant, and I mean it should be clear considering what came before the statement......

And yes, its not your business to speak ill of the leader of Muslims, if you must make amendments you advice him privately....
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mofpearl: 9:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
AbdelKabir:

I do not know what you intend gaining from this, but I've explained what I meant, and I mean it should be clear considering what came before the statement......

I intend to understand. I asked you if those were your words or that of Sheikh Fawzan because that changes the context and means it was part of the answer. And no you didn't explain what you mean. You just restated it which was why I asked if they were your words or part of the answer. So are they your words or was it part of the answer? When you say refrain from speaking about what doesn't concern you (ie leaders action) it means we should be quiet even as long as we aren't affected but isn't the ummah one body? Are we allowed to speak about inappropriate actions by leaders without speaking ill of them?

And yes, its not your business to speak ill of the leader of Muslims, if you must make amendments you advice him privately....

Okay. Thanks for clarifying that part.
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mofpearl:

I asked you if those were your words or that of Sheikh Fawzan because that changes the context and means it was part of the answer.
No you didn't explain what you mean. You just restated it which was why I asked if they were your words or part of the answer. So are they your words or was it part of the answer? When you say refrain from speaking about what doesn't concern you (ie leaders action) it means we should be quiet even as long as we aren't affected but isn't the ummah one body? Are we allowed to speak about inapopraite actions by leaders without speaking ill of them?

Obviously my words, from "That includes the ameer of Qatar....." I kept using "I" "I" and "I".....

Secondly the underlined, especially the bold is quite funny and its amazing how words so clear as that can be used to mean that, that's all I will say....
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Mofpearl: 9:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Obviously my words, from "That includes the ameer of Qatar....." I kept using "I" "I" and "I".....

No you never included "I".

Secondly the underlined, especially the bold is quite funny and its amazing how words so clear as that can be used to mean that, that's all I will say....

As you like.
If you don't want people to question or ask about your statements then you shouldn't make them publicly. I asked a legitimate question which could have been simply explained. A simple "No I don't mean you can't talk about ......or yes I meant you shouldn't talk about...." would have been sufficient.
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Concept Of Faith In Islam? / What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? / Secrets Of Quran 18,Surah Al-Kahf (The Cave)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.