Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Love And The People - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love And The People (1972 Views)

GIRLS: Why My Exes Still Love And Respect Me And What To Learn From It [PICTURE] / Inspired By True Life Story: Love And Fail BY STEPSGUIDE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love And The People by mareeam802(f): 6:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
#Writers note:
Hey great fans of the Nitty Wall. Love and the people is a new and exciting segment that is being launched on the Nitty page. It grooms you on what love really means, how you can tell when you're in love and what it really feels like to be in love. Love these days is being compared to infatuation. It is therefore our duty to understand the simple, yet might word.
Love and the people centers on all aspects of love. Your views are deeply needed on this segment. Since this is the first post, the next topic will be given at the end of the writing and you are meant to send your view on that topic to abdulwahabmaryam11@yahoo.com. Its promised to be interactive and entertaining. Have fun and happy reading!
“I'm done. I don't need anything more out of life. I have you, and that's enough.”
― Alessandra Torre

What is Love?
(Characters in this segment are Rose and John).
Narrator: Rose sat on the chair of the eatery and stared at the man in front of her. He was the love of her life...but does he love her as much as she does?
Rose: John! (She calls but he is absent-mindedly busy with his phone) John! (she calls again).
John: Oh dear! (he drifts back to consciousness almost falling from his chair) You called me.
Rose: Yeah! This is meant to be a date. You're meant to be busy with me, not your phone! (She yells as her eye brow furrows).
John: I'm really sorry love. I just needed to reply a message. (he places his hands over his face).
Rose: We need to gain our grounds. Why are we engaged? Do you really love me?
John: Of course I do. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
Rose: Seriously? I don't think you know what love is. Tell me, what is love?
John: (sighs) Ah...Rose. I can't explain love. I can't explain how I feel but I know I do love you.
Rose: If you love me as you say, you should be able to explain how you feel about me.
John: I love you so much...even if I can't explain how I feel (he whimpers).
Rose: I've had enough of today. Call me when you know how you feel.(she carries and starts to leave).
John: Rose, please wait...(he says but she is already at the door of the eatery. She leaves there without turning back and he let out a painful breath).
...to be continued.
Most people don't know the meaning of love. It's quite more than what people think it to be.
Why do you think that a man will choose one woman out of the thousands of women and decide to spend the rest of his life with her?
Well, just like I've promised that this is going to be an interactive section, it's our first post and so we're taking comments from individuals who decided to share their view about love.
Reagan Colbert: Depends on what kind of love you're referencing. Love is being willing to lay down your life for someone. Love is the one feeling that can never be truly described in writing.
There's actually a song by my favourite artist, Tobymac, called "Love Feels Like". That I believe really describes the perfect kind of love.
Tayo: Love is a beautiful feeling that is mystical.
I'll end this lovely segment with a wonderful poem by Charles Wiles (courtesy of poemhunter.com).
...You Ask How Much I Love You

You ask how much I love you
And then you ask once more
And so my love I'll tell you now
As I did once before.

I love you more than the flowers love
The rising of the sun
I love you more than horses love
The plains on which they run.

I love you more than eagles love
The currents way up high
I love you more than the rainbows love
The droplets in the sky.

I love you more than fishes love
The sea in which they swim
I love you more than sea birds love
The waves on which they skim.

I love you more than the moonbeams love
The planets as they turn
I love you more than starships love
The gases that they burn.

I love you more than Paris loved
Fair Helen when in Troy
I love you more than any girl
Has ever loved a boy.

I love you more than Shakespeare loved
The muses in his verse
I love you more than rich old men
Love money in their purse.

I love you more than lollipops
I love you more than cheese
I even love you somewhat more than
Than honey made by bees!

I love you more than yesterday,
And every day before,
But I think that when tomorrow comes
I'll love you even more.

I love you quite a lot you see
But this I must impress
I love you more than any words
Could ever help express.
(April, 2013)
Charles Wiles.

Join us next week. Since today's the introduction, it makes it a bit draggy. Don't you worry great fans of the Nitty Wall. It's promised to be better than this next time. The next topic will centre on "Is love materialism?". Please, send in your view on this topic to abdulwahabmaryamm11@yahoo.com to have your name published in the next segment.
Don't forget to follow me on wattpad (mareeam802) and enjoy other sizzling segments only on maryamnittywall..com.
Have a great day!
Re: Love And The People by mareeam802(f): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2016
LOVE AND THE PEOPLE
“To fall in love with someone's thoughts - the most intimate, splendid romance.”
― Sanober Khan

Is Love Materialistic?
(Characters in this segment are Rose and John)
Narrator: John knocks at Rose's house. She opens the door to see him carrying a bouquet of flowers in one hand and a red parcel in another).

Rose: What are you doing here? (She asks as he let him in).

John: I brought these for you. (he stretches his hands to give her what he is holding but she declines).

Rose: Thanks...but I'm not interested in any of these. (She folds her arms and walk away from him).

John: (sighs as he drops the load on the table and follows her) I took my time to get you these and all you can say is you're not interested?

Rose: John. You can buy me with all these. I don't need all these goodies. I need your love and affection.
John: I'm a busy man and I try my best to satisfy you. I have anything you need, be it money or asset. I can take to any place you want to be. That should be enough for you.
Rose: Love is not materialistic. I'm not interested in your assets. All I want is your love.

John: (looking frustrated) You want so much from me. I can't satisfy all you want.

Rose: Then how'd I get married to someone who can't satisfy what I want. please go John, I need some rest.

John: (frowns as he rakes his hair) Alright. We'll talk later then. (he set to leave but Rose throws the flower and parcel to him). And along with these too.

John: What?! (he ask in shock but she had slammed the door on him).
...to be continued

Some people see love as being materialistic. When they fall in love with someone, it's probably because of their good looks, physique, money, educational qualification, accent... and so on. This is why when someone people get married and things about one of the couple start to change; like the woman increases in size or the man becomes poorer, you see that the love has reduced.
A true love is meant to be everlasting and eternal. It is meant to remain in the heart of the person no matter what happens. Love is true. Love is real. Love is eternal. Love is everlasting. Love surpasses material qualities. Love is from the heart.
I read a post on a lovely group on face book. It says: "Love at first sight or love at last sight". Love at last sight means the love that will remain real till old age. Till death do each other apart...and that is the kind of love that is true and real.
I've coupled some views about this topic by people. However, three comments will be posted here.
James Notch: For me, love is not materialistic. Love comes deep from the heart and not from what people admire.
Joanne Pearl: Love is from inside and not outside. Love is not materialistic.
Susanne: In my own view, it is kind of. Like who would fall in love with an ugly or poor man? I mean, love can be from the heart but it also deals with physical qualities.
To back today's topic up, here's a lovely poem by Sandra Oguike. It is titled: My Love.
My Love
Every moment I inhale,
I breathe you.
You are like the air
That fills up my lung
With life,
And no matter how much
I strive
To build the smallest of walls
Around...to resist the urge,
To fight this delicious sensation
I feel in your presence,
You remain a distraction,
A sweet temptation
Magically smoldering.
And every minute you stare
I am caught in a snare.
Helpless, I sigh.
Your eyes are a spark,
They light up a fire
Burning red hot in my heart.

My love
When it rains, it pours
But you, you quell the storms.
You are my Mars
My seventh heaven.
When you blurt out words
And I hear your voice,
I am disarmed,
My limbs get wobbly,
I am held spellbound
in the hypnosis of you.

I love you, no doubt
But those words are partial
For they do not in the least
Spell out the very least,
Bits nor pieces
Of this whirlpool,
This maelstrom,
This amount of emotions,
The deepest of affections
That I feel for you.

My love,
In the deepest part
Of the chambers of my heart,
There you lie,
Dwelling, swirling in pleasure
For there in my heart
You have found your home
And in yours, mine.
And when our hands touch,
And our fingers entwine,
Your face, lips no further from mine,
Chills run all over my spine.
Oh my love,
Give me more and more of you
For I can hardly get enough of you
You are to me,
The wings in the birds,
The wand to the wizard,
The oasis to the desert,
The waters to the river...
My breath, my world
My heart, my love.
-Sandra Oguike.

Join us next week. We're sorry for the delay, but it's promised to be back this week again with another lovely topic. The next topic will centre on "How does love feel?". Please, send in your view on this topic to abdulwahabmaryamm11@yahoo.com to have your name published in the next segment.
It's not over yet. Follow this conversation by liking and commenting.
Like my fb page: Maryam's Nitty Wall
Don't forget to follow me on wattpad (mareeam802)
Join me on nairaland:mareeam802;
and enjoy other sizzling segments only on maryamnittywall..com.
Have a great day!

1 Share

Re: Love And The People by mareeam802(f): 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2016
LOVE AND THE PEOPLE
“My heart made its choice, and it chose you.”
― Colleen Hoover.
How Does Love Feel?
Narrator: (Characters in this segment are Rose and John).

Rose: I don't know. It just feel different now that I'm in love.

John: (teases her) With who?

Rose: (roll her eyes) With you of course.

John: Better. So...tell me (he folds his arms), how does it feel like to be in love?

Rose: (deep in thought) I can't explain it. It's...It's just beyond explanation.

John: (sprays pop corn on her as he laughs hysterically) Whatever!

Rose: Whoa! That's what I'm saying about love. Like falling in love with someone like you. (She said as she also sprayed him pop corn, laughing).
John: And I love you...

...to be continued
How does love feel? Whoa! I also can't answer that. This topic is really meant to be an interactive one where people will express their view on these because truthfully, two people might not have a similar answer to this. Unfortunately, we have no other view on this topic. I didn't publicize this week's topic which made people unable to send their views to my mailbox. I'm really sorry for this and I hope to see millions of messages for next week's topic.
Okay, to me, love feeling is unimaginable. When you're in love, it's like you're a completely different person and you feel like the most special person on earth. You feel satisfied and confident in yourself because out of the billion people on earth, you're able to find one who is just all you want. You feel like spending the rest of your life with that person and you feel incomplete without the person. To me, that's what love feels like.
There's a lovely poem by Megan A. Smith to spice up this week's edition It's titled 'I Love You'. I hope you enjoy it.

I Love You
I know you're there
but my world is so bare.
Nothing is standing in your way,
I'm hoping you can make it one more day.
Our relationship has grown so strong,
where could we have went so wrong.
You where there when I needed you,
Now I'm here for you to need me too.
My love for you will stay the same,
never will I forget your name.
By my side, you will always stay,
I'll think of you day by day.
Megan A. Smith (February, 2006).

Join us next week. The next topic will centre on "The Paradox of love?". Please, send in your view on this topic to abdulwahabmaryamm11@yahoo.com to have your name published in the next segment.
Also, if you want your love peoms to be posted on this segment, send your best of poems to the same mail box for viewers to appreciate you.
Have a great day!

1 Share

Re: Love And The People by RoyalBlak007: 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2016
Cherlene ..
smiley wink
Re: Love And The People by Cherlene(f): 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

Cherlene ..
smiley wink

Good day dear

How are you?
-CONGRATS on your new LOVE.

Cherlene
Re: Love And The People by makydebbie(f): 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
Where have you been? embarassed
Cherlene:

Good day dear

How are you?

Cherlene
Re: Love And The People by RoyalBlak007: 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
Cherlene:

Good day dear

How are you?

Cherlene

lol...am always cool..
..its.an old thread....check the date out grin

How ve yo been? wink
Re: Love And The People by Cherlene(f): 12:30pm On Nov 24, 2016
makydebbie:
Where have you been? embarassed

Hey love,

I am here dear.
How are you?

Cherlene
Re: Love And The People by Cherlene(f): 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

lol...am always cool..
..its.an old thread....check the date out grin

How ve yo been? wink

Oh, I have been MISSING OUT. shocked

- Update me.

Cherlene
Re: Love And The People by makydebbie(f): 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2016
I'm good. Haven't seen you for ages!

Glad you're here smiley
Cherlene:

Hey love,

I am here dear.
How are you?

Cherlene
Re: Love And The People by RoyalBlak007: 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2016
Cherlene:

Oh, I have been MISSING OUT. shocked

- Update me.

Cherlene

I'll chat will yo on whatsapp ..
... tonight...then you'll hear it all cool #How's the Pretty Princess

1 Like

Re: Love And The People by Cherlene(f): 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2016
makydebbie:
I'm good. Haven't seen you for ages!

Glad you're here smiley

Yes, I have been a bit SCARCE.

Aww, I am delighted to hear.

Cherlene
Re: Love And The People by Cherlene(f): 12:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

I'll chat will yo on whatsapp ..
... tonight...then you'll hear it all cool #How's the Pretty Princess

I am waiting, TONIGHT. cheesy

-my beautiful daughters are very well, thank God.

Cherlene
Re: Love And The People by RoyalBlak007: 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
cool smiley smiley
Cherlene:

I am waiting, TONIGHT. cheesy

-my beautiful daughters are very well, thank God.

Cherlene

.Good...
... wink wink

1 Like

Re: Love And The People by makydebbie(f): 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2016
Good to have you back kiss
Cherlene:

Yes, I have been a bit SCARCE.

Aww, I am delighted to hear.

Cherlene
Re: Love And The People by Cherlene(f): 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2016
makydebbie:
Good to have you back kiss

Thank you hun. kiss

Cherlene

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love And The People by mareeam802(f): 9:54am On Nov 28, 2016
Hey great fans of Love and The People,
This week's another edition of the sizzling and exciting. Last week's topic was on How Love Feels, but it's promised to be different this week.
This week's topic will be on 'The Paradox of Love'. Send a personal mail to abdulwahabmaryamm11@yahoo.com to send your views and comments. Also send your best love poems of be part of the segment.
Bye!
Re: Love And The People by mareeam802(f): 11:30am On Dec 03, 2016
LOVE AND THE PEOPLE
I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
-Mother Teresa.

(Characters in this segment are Rose and John).
Narrator: Rose and John visits John's family house. Rose speaks with his elder sister, Anne.
Anne: I think I like you a lot and the fact that my brother loves you too.
Rose: (blushes) Thanks.
Anne: Does he make you happy always?
Rose: You see Anne, love is not perfect. It's a paradox. There are times when it hurts, but it really teaches one how to get over any other pain.
Anne: Hmm. True talk Rose.
Rose: Yeah (She says as John enters).
John: What am I missing?
Rose: Nothing dear. It's nothing. Just girls talk.
John: (sits beside her) I'm interested.
Rose: (hits him playfully) Oh get off nosy.
John: That's why I love you.
Rose: Oh, whatever!

Who says love is all about being happy always? Do you think married couples are forever happy in their lives? No!
Love is not all about being happy. Love hurts. It's crushes. It pains. However, one amazing thing about love is that it teaches one the real essence of love and how to learn from that pain.
That's the paradox of love. That a flaw cannot alter the love that you feel for that person you love. This is the main key to success in marriage; to take matters lightly, to not dwell on a partner's attitude or flaws and to apologize even when not at fault.

Next week's episode will be on "Learning to apologize when in love". Send your views and comments to abdulwahabmaryam11@yahoo.com. Also, you can send your best love poem to the same mail address.
I wish you a great Saturday!

I wish you a great Saturday!

1 Share

Re: Love And The People by Olasco93: 12:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
Weldone Poster. We're ready to add to our seeminly, already existing knowledge of Love. Teach us... Teach us

1 Like

Re: Love And The People by mareeam802(f): 11:27am On Dec 15, 2016
LOVE AND THE PEOPLE
Learning to Apologize When In Love: Part 1
"You fell in love with a storm. Did you really think you would get out unscathed?"
-Nikita Gill.
Narrator: Characters in this segment are Rose and John.
Rose and John has a planned dinner date and John picks her very late.
Rose: (enters his car with full flare) What kept you so long John? I've been waiting in the cold for hours (she screamed as she at him in anger).
John: I called you several times to tell you that I was held up in a traffic but you didn't pick your call (he replies in an angry tone).
Rose: Well, that's because I forgot my phone at home.
John: Why the hell would you forget your phone at home.
Rose: And why did you pick me late. You cannot imagine how long I've been standing there, waiting for you.
John: If you have brought your phone along, all these wouldn't have happened. (he clenched his fists to the steering wheel in anger).
Rose: Really? So now I'm at fault. Can't you just apologize?
John: Why would I? You caused all these yourself.
Rose: What a horrible dinner date!
John: Just apologize, you're at fault.
Rose: You're the one at fault.
John: (thinks to himself that if he doesn't make the first move, his stubborn fiancée will not do so) I'm very sorry Rose. I'm sorry for picking you up late and for keeping you out alone in the cold. I'm sorry for screaming at you.
Rose: I'm sorry for yelling at you John.
John: I love you.
Rose: I love you too.
Narrator: Starts the engine as he drove to the fanciest restaurant for their dinner date.
Wow! How much did you enjoy the conversation of Rose and John? You see, Rose and John are so much in love but as always, friction will always arise in relationships.
How do you feel about apologizing to your partner? You both stand to your point and no one wants to take the blame. That's the point of apologizing even when not at fault because no one will ever want to accept of being at fault.
Apologizing handles all weird situations and brings closeness between partners. So, if you're still having dispute with the person you love just because he/she refuses to apologize, stoop low, be humble and apologize first.
Saying "I'm sorry" does nothing to you. It only ease situations.

I'M SORRY
Sometimes I wonder what my world would be like
If I didn't have someone like you in my life.

I came back to reality only to see
That I wouldn't be myself without you and me.
I'm looking forward to the future, hoping you'll be with me,
Growing old together and being as happy as can be.

I want to spend the rest of my life making it up to you.
I want to know all of the hell I've been putting you through.
I am so sorry and I can't say that enough.
But I hope that's the last time it will ever be rough.

I love you completely, with all of my heart,
I will love you forever, 'til death do us part.
Rebecca H (February, 2015).

Join us next week. The next topic will centre on "Apologizing in love (Part 2)?". Please, send in your view on this topic to abdulwahabmaryamm11@yahoo.com to have your name published in the next segment.
Also, if you want your love poems to be posted on this segment, send your best of poems to the same mail box for viewers to appreciate you.
Facebook page: Maryam's Nitty Wall.
Have a great day!

1 Share

Re: Love And The People by mareeam802(f): 11:35am On Dec 15, 2016
Hey lovely readers. If you're enjoying 'Love and The People', then like and comment. Constructive criticism will also be welcomed. To enjoy more of this, join me on Facebook page (Maryam's Nitty Wall).
The Nitty Wall is planning a new segment on it's page (Cups of Coffee With Four).
It will be one whereby four individuals from different walks of life share their view based on different issues. Three people are needed and any one can be a member.
To be among the three, send a personal mail to abdulwahabmaryam11@yahoo.com or better still, send a simple message "I want to be a member" to 08147693307 so that your number can be added to Cups of Coffee group chat.
Have a lovely day and the Nitty Wall loves you all!
maryamnittywall..com
Re: Love And The People by mareeam802(f): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2016
LOVE AND THE PEOPLE
Learning to Apologize When In Love: Part 2
“To me, you were more than just a person. You were a place where I finally felt at home.”
― Denice Envall

Rose and John

(Rose and John are getting ready for their introduction. He is supposed to visit Rose's family along with some gift items. He arrives there only to notice that he forgot some clothing materials).
Rose: Why would you forget this huh? It is highly needed for the introduction.
John: Yes, but I told you to remind me of what to bring. You know I forget things easily.
Rose: But I did remind you.
John: The materials was not in the list Rose.
Rose: So? I forgot just the way you did.
John: (sighs in frustration) You should have remembered.
Rose: You too should have.
John: Here you are again, putting all the blames on me.
Rose: (scowls at him)You're also doing the same.
Narrator: (Becky, Rose's Aunty walks towards them to intervene)
Becky: You've not gotten married and you're already having this quarrel. You should learn to apologize tom yourselves even when you both believe that you're not at fault.
Rose: You heard John. Apologize now.
John: No! Ladies first.
Rose: Really? Never!
Becky: Please John, just make the first move. You know, women can be stubborn at times. (She chuckles).
John: Okay. I'm very sorry lovely Rose. Please forgive me.
Rose: (Smiles at him) I'm also sorry.
Becky: (Grin at them) That settles everything. John, why don't you call someone at home to bring the clothing material here.
John: I'll do so now Aunty. I'll call my younger brother. (Takes out his phone).
...to be continued.

Hi everyone! Like you all know, this is the continuation of last week's topic (Apologizing when not at fault).
Who would claim of being at all. Why do quarrels between friends and lovers refuse to end? This is because both claim that they are not at fault.
I'll tell you, it takes a wise and string person to take the blame in a quarrel and apologize. People often see the person as being weak or foolish but the reverse is the case, The person knows that the rift would still continue if sooner or later, no one refuse to take the blame and apologize.
Always learn to apologize even when you think that you're not at fault.
Here's a nice poem titled "I'm Sorry". Hope you're gonna enjoy it.

I'M SORRY
I'm saying sorry first.
I'm saying sorry last.
I'm saying sorry for the future,
but mainly for the past.

I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you,
and I'm sorry for not listening
when you needed it the most.
You were right and you have the right to be mad.

I'm sorry that you felt the need to apologize,
and I'm sorry that you were hurt.

I'm sorry that I can only see the good
and always try to avoid the bad.

I'm saying sorry for all my mistakes.
I'm saying sorry for being blinded,
blinded by the perfect thought of you and me,
when really we don't have the chance.

I'm the stupid one.
I let you down, and I feel it deep within me.
We both said some errors and said something wrong, but that's how life is.

Nobody's perfect,
not even me and you
so I'm sorry for that took
and I'm sorry for everything but...

Please forgive me.
We can change things back to normal.
I'm sorry if this is not what you want,
But it's the only thing I can think of.
Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/nobodys-perfect
Join us next week. The next topic will centre on "How Do You Tell When In Love?". Please, send in your view on this topic to abdulwahabmaryamm11@yahoo.com to have your name published in the next segment.
Also, if you want your love poems to be posted on this segment, send your best of poems to the same mail box for viewers to appreciate you.
Have a great day!

1 Share

Re: Love And The People by mareeam802(f): 1:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
LOVE AND THE PEOPLE
How Do You Tell When In Love?
“For some people, “the point of no return” begins at the very moment their souls become aware of each others’ existence.”
― C. JoyBell C.

Rose and John
(John and Rose prepare effortlessly for their wedding. He brings home her wedding gown and Rose smiles, thinking of her future with him).

John: (startles her) What are you thinking of?

Rose: (drifts back into consciousness) It's my love for you John. Now I know what it feels to be in love.

John: Me too. How do you tell you're in love with me?

Rose: (grins as she thinks of how they met) When we collided into each other at the fashion gallery, it was love at first sight. It was something I've never experienced before and I was sure it's love.

John: Me too. I couldn't take my mind off you. I had to run after you and make me mine. Falling in love is like eating butter and ice cream every day of one's life. It's like feeling fulfilled and being the happiest person in love. When one feels that way, one is truly in love.

Rose: I love you so much John.

John: I love you too Rose and I can't wait to make you my wife!

Hey guys! Welcome back to another edition of Love and the People. This week's topic is rather an interesting one. How do you tell when in love?
Most people compare love with infatuation. We do not know how to tell when in love and lust. Love and lust are two identical things that are difficult to distinguish. One may think he is in love but lust may be the apparent feature.
The difference between infatuation and love is that infatuation is a short-lived passion for someone whereas love is a deep affection for someone that lasts the test of time. The problem is that infatuation is a powerful feeling that can make you think you are in love. Still not sure if it is infatuation or love?
Next week's topic will on The Signs of Infatuation. This will tell you if you're actually in love with that person and what you think is love is nothing but lust. ?". Please, send in your view on this topic to abdulwahabmaryamm11@yahoo.com to have your name published in the next segment.
Have a great day!
Re: Love And The People by mareeam802(f): 11:22am On Jan 12, 2017
LOVE AND THE PEOPLE
The Signs of Infatuation (1)
“To me, you were more than just a person. You were a place where I finally felt at home.”

― Denice Envall.

Rose and John
(Rose and John visits a love coach. Their marriage is in a few weeks and they wants everything to be perfect).
John: (talks to the love coach)We love ourselves very much. I can't imagine myself living without her. (He smiles at Rose as she blushes).
Love coach: (Smirks) How do you that you love yourself? Are you sure it is love you feel?
John: I love her right from the first day I set my eyes on her and my feelings for her have felt stronger every day. When I dream of her future, it is always with her and my life is incomplete without her.
Love coach: (Points at Rose) You?
Rose: I love him. I love him with all of my heart and I want to be with him for the rest of my life.
Love coach: Do you both know that you are clearly imperfect?
John: Yes we do know, I'm imperfect and hse is too. We've agreed to accept our flaws and manage it.
Love coach: If things turn around, will you always be by yourself?
Jon and Rose: Always.
Love coach: (grins) You do love yourself!

SIGNS OF INFATUATION
Hey lovers of Love and The People. I welcome you to another edition of Love and The People.
Infatuation and love are two concepts that are very similar, yet very different and confusing.
Mercury has evaluated several signs that would when a person is in love or being infatuated. The signs are:-
1. You've known each other for only a short time.
There are people that when the meet themselves, they fall in love with each and after some weeks or months, they see that what they claim as love wasn't.
Love takes time to develop. Love is about being familiar with someone, where a bond has been developed. You may feel attached to them, but if you have not taken the time to develop an intimate connection, then that attachment is coming from being infatuated, not real love.
2. You Are Focused On What You Want Out Of Them And The Relationship.
When people are focused on their future with this person from their point of view, not the other person’s point of view. If you see your relationship solely from your point of view, then it is infatuation, not love.
Love is about knowing what the other person wants in life and working on compromising. It’s not about satisfying your needs and expectations solely.
3. They Seem High Above You.
We see their strengths, their perfections, their positive attributes, but we are blind to their weaknesses, imperfections, and negative attributes, while we can clearly see ours.
If all you can see is perfection in them, then it’s infatuation, not love.
4. You Feel Like You Just Won The Lottery.
Being infatuated is a lot like feeling like you just won the lottery. You can’t believe it, and all you can focus on is the fact that you won the lottery. If need be, you’d be willing to skip work, boycott friends, cut out family members, and do anything else you have to do to pick up that money. Those things are all just distractions when it comes to that one thing that you can’t keep your mind off.

Real love isn’t like that. Love is what it feels like after you have the money and can do great things in your life. Love makes you want to create a better life for yourself in all areas. You become a better friend, a more loving person, more dedicated to your career, and more willing to make your life a success.
5. You Feel Like You Know Everything About Them (And Actually Know Nothing).
When you are in a state where you feel like you know everything about them (but you actually don’t), you are in a state of infatuation. If you think you know what makes them tick, what kind of person they are, and what they want out of their life, but you haven’t actually sat down and talked to them about all of those things or really had experience with them that taught you those things, then you are infatuated, not in love.

Next week's topic will on The Signs of Infatuation(2). This will tell you if you're actually in love with that person and what you think is love is nothing but lust. ?". Please, send in your view on this topic to mareeam802@gmail.com to have your name published in the next segment.
Have a great day!
Re: Love And The People by mareeam802(f): 9:55am On Feb 23, 2017
LOVE AND THE PEOPLE
The Signs of Infatuation (2)
“The truth is I do love you. Admitting that means opening myself up to all that pain when you leave. After you realize this wasn’t love, but gratitude.”
― Kelly Moran, The Drake House

Rose and John

Rose is on her way home from work but her car breaks down on the way. She sees no one else to call except John, who she knows is in a business meeting.
Rose: (talks to him on the phone)...You don't have to worry John. I'll just find the fastest cab home.
John: You can't just leave your car in the middle of a busy and dangerous road. It's quite risky.
Rose: I'm very tired and famished. What I need now is a good rest after busy day. I'm not need for calling a mechanic or towing one car.
John: Okay, I'll be there in few minutes.
Rose: (frowns) What do you mean? You're having a business meeting which will promote the company you work. You can't just leave.
John: My first priority is protecting you and that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I'll be there with a towing van so that it would be taken to the nearest mechanic workshop. See you when I get there. (He hangs up before Rose can say another protesting word).

Hello fans of Love and The People and welcome to another edition of the lovely segment. The last publication talked about the signs of infatuation Part. 1. This week's publication will be the continuation of Signs of Infatuation. Happy Reading!

SIGN 6 You get really, really jealous
If someone talks to the person you are with, you become instantly jealous. You want to show everyone, including them, that they are yours. That jealousy is a sign of infatuation not love.
Love is not about being upset with the person because they are attractive, friendly, or popular. It is about feeling connected with them in a way that doesn’t make you feel like you are in a state of losing them to someone else. It is a confident feeling that you are bound to them in a special way and that they are so fond of you that they view you differently than other people.
SIGN 7 You Want To Take The Next Step
If someone talks to the person you are with, you become instantly jealous. You want to show everyone, including them, that they are yours. That jealousy is a sign of infatuation vs love.
Love is not about being upset with the person because they are attractive, friendly, or popular. It is about feeling connected with them in a way that doesn’t make you feel like you are in a state of losing them to someone else. It is a confident feeling that you are bound to them in a special way and that they are so fond of you that they view you differently than other people.
SIGN 8 You Are In Love With Superficial Things
I hear a lot of people say that they love the way someone looks or walks or talks or laughs, and claim that they fell in love with someone just by watching them. That’s impossible! You don’t connect to the superficial things in a person, you connect to the internal things, such as how they feel, what they believe, what their hopes and dreams are, and how they treat other people. If you love the way they sing or look, then that’s infatuation. If you know them on a deep and personal level, and appreciate those things, then that is love.
SIGN 9 You Obsess Over Them Leaving You
If they forget to call, you wonder if you did something wrong and if it will affect your relationship negatively. If they are not feeling good and don’t look at you the way they normally do, you question if they are going to leave you forever. These intense feelings can make you think you love them so much you don’t want to lose them, but really you are just being insecure. You are not confident in how they feel about you.
Love is confident. You feel secure in your relationship and understand that they have ups and downs and forget to do things once in a while. You don’t panic at the first sign of a frown or forgotten phone call, because you know that you have a bond that isn’t going to break so easily.
SIGN 10 You Expect Perfection
When you are infatuated with someone, you create unrealistic expectations about how they should act and how the relationship should go.
When you are in love, you accept that things can go wrong and you work on making them better. The down times are how you learn to interact with each other in a compromising way. The down times teach you that you are human, and so is your partner, and that you are capable of working together to a happier and healthier relationship.
Next week's topic will on The Signs of Infatuation Part 3. Please, send in your view on this topic to abdulwahabmaryamm11@yahoo.com to have your name published in the next segment.
Have a great day!
To Be Continued...

Re: Love And The People by mareeam802(f): 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2017
LOVE AND THE PEOPLE
The Signs Of Infatuation (3)

“And I fear that my place gets taken by some other one, very lucky and not too shy, who flirts with your eyes while I’m the one who’s crazy about them.”
― Nizar Qabbani

Rose and John
(Rose and John visits John's closest friend, Frank. They eat lunch together).
Frank: John has never been himself since he he met you Rose. I'll tell you that John is madly in love with you.
Rose: (smiles and blushes) Thank you Frank.
Frank: Yes Rose. You made the fall of a strong man. I remember when Joh was still trying to win your heart. He would come home crying and I'd stand and wonder if I was seeing the real John. (He laughed mockingly).
John: (frowns) That's enough Frank. You don't have to beat about the bush. The fact remains that Rose is my woman and I love her so much.
Rose: (Whispered silently) I love you too John.

The Signs of Infatuation Continued
SIGN 11 You Are Creating A Ton Of Drama In Your Relationship
If your relationships feels dramatic instead of loving, then you are probably projecting a lot of intense feelings towards your partner and your relationship, or holding a lot of high expectations over their head or yours. That’s a sign of infatuation not love.
Drama happens when there is a lack of love in the relationship. Love is tender and sweet, not dramatic. You don’t blow up at someone you love and make them feel horrible about themselves. You don’t treat someone you love poorly because you feel they’ve hurt you. You don’t talk about someone you love behind their back negatively and then treat them amazingly in person. But, if you are infatuated, and have a ton of intense (and insecure) feelings towards them, then drama is sure to be present in your relationship.
SIGN 12 You’ve Lost Interest Suddenly
If you’ve lost interest after feeling a bunch of passionate feelings for someone, it can be hard to figure out what is going on. But, there’s a really simple explanation. The infatuation you felt for them is gone and has been replaced by a loss of interest. Remember, infatuation is a powerful feeling that is short-lived, whereas love is a deep connection that stands the test of time. If you don’t feel that connection anymore, then you were not in love and you have also fallen out of infatuation.
SIGN 13 You Feel Tired All The Time

Being infatuated with someone is draining! You are constantly worried about what they think. You are obsessed over what they are doing and whether or not they are as obsessed as you are. You think about them, dream about them, worry about them, cry over them, and stress out when you think things are not going well.
Love doesn’t drain your energy like that. It actually gives you energy. That’s because you are in a higher energy state, where love, gratitude, and joy are, and they are not draining to your energy, they make you feel great. Negative states, such as jealousy, worry, or fear, take a lot of energy to manifest and go through, and that’s why they drain you.

SIGN 14 You Feel Disconnected And Alone
Infatuation is about wanting to be connected to someone. But, when tough times come up, you quickly become aware of how disconnected you really are from them, and you crave their attention or concern.
When you are in love, they are there for you. You have a connection. You are a team. You work through issues, both in your relationships and in your individual lives, together. You never feel alone because you know the person who loves you will always be there for you.
We've come to the end of Signs of Infatuation Series. I'm sure y'all know the difference between love and infatuation. You'll see that what most of us perceive as love is actually not what it seems to be. I hope you gained one or two from the lovely series.
Please, send in your view on this topic to abdulwahabmaryamm11@yahoo.com to have your name published in the next segment.
Re: Love And The People by mareeam802(f): 5:57pm On Mar 10, 2017
LOVE AND THE PEOPLE
The Difference Between Love and Infatuation
“The absence of a message sometimes is a presence of one.”
― Hasse Jerner.

1. Infatuation happens instantly. Love is a slow process.
2. Infatuation craves physical affection. Love craves a deeper connection.
3. Infatuation makes you act irrationally or ‘crazy.’ Love calms you down.
4. Infatuation is intense but short-lived. Love is comfortable but lasts longer.
5. Infatuation is reckless with our emotions. Love is more considerate.
6. Infatuation has ulterior motives. Love has genuine intentions.
7. Infatuation brings out obsession and jealousy. Love brings out understanding and trust.
8. Infatuation is shallow. Love is deep.
9. Infatuation is selfish and draining. Love is kind and energizing.
10. Infatuation makes a big deal out of small things. Love lets them go.
11. Infatuation is being in love with the idea of someone. Love is being in love with who the person really is.
12. Infatuation is possessive. Love is generous.
13. Infatuation holds grudges. Love forgives.
14. Infatuation keeps you guessing. Love answers your questions.
15. Infatuation thrives on playing games. Love thrives on meaningful connections.
...to be continued.
Send your views and comments to mareeam802@gmail.com. Also, you can send your best love poem to the same mail address.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Having A Reservation Why Some Men Go For Younger Or Underage / Video: Wife Catches Her Bestfriend Red Handed Making Love To Her Husband / I Really Wonder Whats In Between A Woman's Legs! Wow!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.