Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,554 members, 7,809,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia (578 Views)

Two Kidnappers Nabbed In Ajah, Lagos, While Escaping With Their Victim / Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos / NDLEA Arrests 4 Persons Attempting To Smuggle Drugs To China, Indonesia, Qatar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by sarrki(m): 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency have arrested four suspected drug traffickers smuggling narcotics weighing a total of 8.745 kilogrammes to China, Indonesia, and Qatar.

In a statement on Friday, the agency said the suspects were arrested at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, with the drugs comprising cannabis 5.200kg, cocaine 1.415kg, and methamphetamine 2.130kg.

Two of the suspects were going to China, one to Indonesia and another to Qatar, destinations where drug trafficking is punishable by death, the NDLEA said.

Peter Aniebue, who sells clothes at Aswani market in Lagos, allegedly inserted eleven wraps of cocaine weighing 460 grammes into his anus while Sokpe Zubbye, 37, a freight forwarder from Anambra State, allegedly ingested 955 grammes of cocaine. Both suspects were going to China.

Hyacinth Ugwuezumba, 38, who deals in musical instrument at Alaba market, Lagos, was also caught with 2.130kg of methamphetamine. Mr. Ugwuezumba allegedly ingested 36 wraps weighing 570 grammes and packed 1.560kg in his luggage on his way to Indonesia.

The other suspect, James Obinna, 30, an Aluminium fabricator in Umuahia whose destination is Doha, Qatar, was found in possession of 5.2kg of cannabis.

“All four suspects are under investigation and would be charged to court soon,” said Ahmadu Garba, NDLEA Commander at the Lagos airport.

The NDLEA quoted Mr. Zubbye, who was caught with a Ghanaian passport and whose real name is Nzube Chukwudi, as saying he was promised N1 million to smuggle the drugs.

“I work in China as a freight forwarder and I am married with two children,” Mr. Zubbye said.

“Due to the recession, I am having difficulty in settling my bills and I was lured into drug trafficking while seeking for assistance.

“Since I live in China, I felt it will be easy for me to go through security checks but unfortunately I was caught.”

Mr. Aniebue, 50, blamed his involvement on financial predicament, according to the NDLEA.

“I was afraid of swallowing the drug so I inserted eleven wraps of cocaine weighing 460 grammes into my anus,” he said.

“I sell clothes at Aswani market but poor patronage and family problems have turned me into a pauper. I regret everything.”

Mr. Ugwuezumba said he collected the drugs along Badagry expressway “according to the plan.”

“I ingested 570 grammes while 1.560kg was packed in a luggage. They promised me $3,000 and I agreed to smuggle the drug to Indonesia because I have no money.

“I am very sad because I married only few months ago.”

Mr. Obinna told investigators he made a mistake getting involved in drug trafficking.

“My friend gave me a bag to deliver at Doha but in the process of search, NDLEA discovered cannabis inside it,” he said.

“I made a mistake and I find it difficult to forgive myself because my wife is pregnant.”

Muhammad Abdallah, the NDLEA Chairman, described the action of the suspects as unfortunate and shameful, adding that drug trafficking is a criminal offence that had sent many to early graves.

“Drug couriers must see beyond the transient monetary gains of narcotic trafficking and appreciate the fact that they are actually endorsing their death warrant,” Mr. Abdallah, a retired colonel, said.

“It is sad that the execution of those caught with drugs in these countries has not deterred them.

“Many have died prematurely while others are daily counting down to their execution. This development has left their family members and friends in pains.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/214547-four-drugs-suspects-arrested-lagos-traveling-china-indonesia.html
Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by kulbethrand(m): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2016
Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by checkolatunji: 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2016
FTC grin

Oya name calling war done start

Ghen Ghen!!!!

1 Like

Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by checkolatunji: 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
kulbethrand:

Guy I first you come na

1 Like

Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by Masquerade7: 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2016
I'm here to check names. grin

1 Like

Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by gulfer: 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2016
Good job NDLEA, I did not check names like others grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by SUPERPACK: 11:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
Peter Aniebue, Hyacinth Ugwuezumba, James Obinna, Nzube Chukwudi,

1 Like

Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by nextprince: 11:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
Dem no disappoint sha

1 Like

Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by mrking3(m): 11:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
Even with all the Death sentence pictures placed in Indonesian Airport yet, doesn't deter these guys from hussling there. Shakes my head!!!
Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by SUPERPACK: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by ableguy(m): 11:28pm On Nov 04, 2016
grin
NCAN Members on their way grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by mikeweezy(m): 12:11am On Nov 05, 2016
proudly name cheeker

1 Like

Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by odogwu190(m): 12:59am On Nov 05, 2016
D will spend there xmas in south africa!!!

1 Like

Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by bamirotola: 12:59am On Nov 05, 2016
National secretary NCAN right on desk, taking note!

Weldone my flat head brodas... d lord is ur muscle!!!

Signed secratary NCAN

3 Likes

Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by danie09(m): 5:18am On Nov 05, 2016
Lol
Re: Four Drugs Suspects Arrested In Lagos While Traveling To China, Indonesia by ableguy(m): 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2016
Masquerade7:
I'm here to check names. grin
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

8 People Arreasted In India For Fraud Including Four Nigerians / How I Stole N5.675m From Diamond Bank – Cleaner / ya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.