Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh (1824 Views)

Advanced Excel Training / Advanced Data / Business Analysis Using Microsoft Excel Training In Lagos. / Free GIS Training On Nairaland To Mark The Forth Coming GIS Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by JimloveTM(m): 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
I have decided to extend the MS Excel Training to Nairaland after the lots of SMS registration I received totaling over 150 persons and the several requests to be added on the initial post i made here https://www.nairaland.com/3412528/learn-microsoft-excel-8-weeks. The Whatsapp Training is currently on going as well as on Facebook and on Twitter, and I am extending it here...

FOR THE NEXT 8 WEEKS, FROM November 5th to December 31st, I will be training Nairalanders here on Microsoft Excel. All I need from you is to hit the subscribe button so you do not miss out.

A LITTLE INTRODUCTION:

My name is Jimoh Okoh, Founder of TeenkLearn. (The Vision and Mission is to build a community of online learners.) and i am also your trainer here for 8 weeks.

WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME:
I have been using MS Excel since 2005 (11+ years of experience), and i have done lots of personal and professional jobs using MS Excel including a Transcript generator for a University Department, a Soccer outcome Intelligent Predictor, a Result Management Solution for Polytechnics, and a Personal Finance Handler Sheet. I can boast confidently anywhere and take on any MS Excel challenge. I must say you are privilege to be here am glad to take you through 8 weeks of serious learning. Finally, aside being a pro in MS Excel, I am a business consultant, a writer, a software developer, a 2D Animator as well as a first class graduate from Uniben. I can consult for you or for your organization if you need me to..

HOW TO ADDRESS ME:
I am an easy person, and I have fallen in love with the name (Coach Jim), my Web development students gave me in October. You may devise your names or call me coach as well. Once again, I say a big welcome in here. We will get to be friends over 8 weeks

TRAINING THREAD RULES:
=====================
Dear TeenkLearners,
I will appreciate we treat this thread as a class.
1. Only training, taking notes, asking questions, learning is permitted here.
2. No chats unrelated to MS Excel here. This is a professional class and i will love we all keep it so.
3. No posting of links, texts, images whatsoever related or unrelated to MS Excel. There is only 1 trainer here (MYSELF), and i am convinced i will be able to meet all your needs and answer all your questions.
4. During a training session, you can ask questions, and if you understand a concept better than the next learner, you can quote his/her reply and help out. Please no posting of external links
5. If you notice i make a mistake at any point, politely point it out to me, and i will listen to you.
6. There will be a lot of practicals & Assignments to be done, I will do my best to explain every concept so i will expect you to get ready your writing materials (pen, paper) and working tools (computer or smartphone). See below for Training materials and workbooks.

TRAINING STRUCTURE:
==================================
Registration is free and will be free for the next 8 weeks.

TRAINING & LEARNING:
Training and learning on this thread is free and will be free for the next 8 weeks. Training will be every Tuesday, Thursdays & Saturdays for 1 hour in the evenings, I want you to look forward to these days. There are lots of positive feedbacks from the October Web development Whatsapp batch and the current November Excel Whatsapp Class, so am confident you will enjoy yourself here.

TRAINING MATERIALS
The 24 Training PDFs & 21 Practice Workbooks cost N2,200 and i strongly recommend you get it. I will give it out for N1,600 for the first 30 persons to order it. You can reach me on 08136009594 or hello@teenklearn.com to place your order. Additionally, by buying the material, you will get 15 points, and a FREE excel workbook to manage your personal income, expenses and tithe . Training materials & Practice workbooks screenshot is attached below

EXAM:
There will be 2 examinations. Each one after every 4 weeks. Exam is free for everyone. At the end of every month, I will provide you with the links to take the exam..

CERTIFICATE:
TeenkLearn is registered under Teenky Media & Technologies which is a registered IT Org in Nigeria & we issue valid certificates. Here is the cost for obtaining a TeenkLearn certificate in Excel after 8 weeks of Training here.
If you score:
85 - 100 points --- FREE CERTIFICATE
70 - 84 points ---- PAY N3,500 for CERTIFICATE
50 - 69 points ---- PAY N6,000 for CERTIFICATE
00 - 40 points ---- RE TAKE EXAM.

See sample Certificate below:

SCORING:

Here is how you will be scored all through the 8 weeks.
Class participation: 10 points
Compliance with class rules: 5 points
Training Material: 15 points
Assignment & Workbook Practice: 10 points
Exam 1: 30 Points Max
Exam 2: 30 Points Max

Total
===========
100 points
===========

QUESTIONS: Class is going to be very interactive. A-lot of practical going on. So at any point, ask and i will gladly be of help. I am always available to give my best.

If at any point you need to contact me privately, am available here -> Twitter: @JimloveTM @TeenkLearn Phone: 08136009594 Email: hello@teenklearn.com

Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by JimloveTM(m): 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2016
Course Content

Kindly take out time to see what we shall be learning on this thread in no particular order...

a. How Excel handles different data types & Number Formats
b. Data validation
c. Sorting
i. Cascaded sorting
ii. Sorting across rows
iii. Sorting and Conditional Formatting to identify trends

e. Filtering

f. Data cleaning
i. Removing duplicates
ii. Text-to-column
iii. Grouping
iv. Data Validation
v. Conditional Formatting

g. Data formatting
i. Basic formatting
ii. Using Tables (and when to convert to tables)
iii. Formatting for printing

2) Charts
a. Chart types
i. Line chart and when to use it
ii. Column chart and when to use it
iii. Bar chart and when to use it
iv. Pie chart

3) Pivot Table, Pivot Chart and PowerPivot
a. Pivot Table
i. Default Pivot Table
ii. Tabular Pivot Table
iii. Pivot Table Filtering
iv. Making a very dynamic regular table from Pivot Table
v. Calculations and Formula use with Pivot Table
vi. Advanced Pivot Table tricks
b. Pivot Chart
i. Pivot Chart and its limitations

4) Business Data Analysis
a. Linking sheets
b. Duplicating sheets (better than copy and paste)
c. Inserting sheets, labeling and coloring the professional
way
d. Freezing Panes and splitting windows
e. Conditional formatting
i. To identify patterns
ii. Using formulae
iii. To make extremely intelligent reports
f. Lookup functions
i. Vlookup
ii. Hlookup
iii. Looking up the last data or pattern in a particular row or
column
iv. Overcoming the limitations of Vlookup and Hlookup
using index and match functions
g. Power Functions
i. IF, IFERROR, AND, OR, ISBLANK, and others in the same
family
ii. TEXT manipulative functions to make a completely
automated Dashboard
iii. COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, AVERAGEIFS and others, to make
dynamic summary tables
iv. MATCH and INDEX to do the impossible
h. Other Functions
i. Math Functions
ii. Text Functions
iii. Logical
iv. Others
i. Formula Auditing
j. Goal Seek, Scenario Manager and Solver
k. Excel Web Query
l. Most useful Excel keyboard shortcuts

5) Excel to PowerPoint and Word
a. Linking PowerPoint/Word Charts to Excel
b. Embedding Excel sheets in PowerPoint/Word
c. Making a Powerful PowerPoint Presentation

If you can successfully master these concepts, you are a pro and you wont have problem with excel anymore

I will be doing my best to teach you these concepts over 8 weeks with images and or videos where necessary. Same is available in the training material as well.

1 Like

Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by JimloveTM(m): 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2016
A short welcome Note. All Trainings are going to be in Pictures

Lesson 2: What is Microsoft Excel: Here is my brief introduction to the course.

Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by JimloveTM(m): 11:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
The whole essence of it being called a spreadsheet is that it can be used for virtually everything tabulated. You name it, Results, Sales Projections, Customers, Money, etc. I have done some really cool amazing job with this Microsoft baby called E.X.C.E.L. They seems to have dominated the market in terms of spreadsheet application though. Google has it's own version called Google Spreadsheet. If i was to have mine, am gonna name it TeenkSheet. Sounds cool isn't it? grin grin

If you are wondering how cool Google own would be, I will say this https://www.google.com/sheets/about/, but I would rather stick with MS Excel. Won't you? The next weeks of learning will be fun!
Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by JimloveTM(m): 11:36pm On Nov 04, 2016
Lesson 3: Microsoft E.X.C.E.L Analogy

For Beginners, I will want to describe MS Excel with a School Attendance Register. Do you remember how it looks like? It has spots for marking present or absent against your name. That spot is similar to a cell in E.X.C.E.L. Aside a School attendance register, can anyone name what else you have seen that resembles the sheets of an Excel workbook?

Drop your comments

Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by Nobody: 1:45am On Nov 05, 2016
I N T E R E S T E D.

1 Like

Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by isybabe(f): 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
I'm interested

1 Like

Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by JimloveTM(m): 12:18am On Nov 06, 2016
Lesson 4: Definition of Microsoft EXCEL

There are 3 Key things to note in my definition. It is a spreadsheet application, you can store, organize, analyze and retrieve back your information anytime the way you put it in or in a more processed manner. For beginners, a Spread Sheet is a bunch of rows & columns arranged intelligently for you to interact with.

I have 2 Questions for you. Define Microsoft EXCEL in the way you understand it, and before now what did you think spreadsheet meant?
I will be eager to hear your responses.

Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by JimloveTM(m): 12:38am On Nov 06, 2016
Lesson 5: Where is Microsoft EXCEL from?

You might be a novice, an amateur or a pro in this subject but alot of folks don't know Microsoft owns Excel. Some be like: Microsoft is the product, and Excel is the company. I have taken my time to explain below where this "E.X.C.E.L dude" came from and his other brothers and sisters.

In as much as i can claim i am very good with using MS Excel, I am kinda in love with One Note. My favourite office app ever!.
Which of the Office apps from the image below are you very proficient at using and which are you in love with. Share your app crush with me.

Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by JimloveTM(m): 12:49am On Nov 06, 2016
Lesson 6: Creative Uses of EXCEL? #TkLExcel

Here is a short list of what you can use Excel for. I have done these and more. Check out the list below and add the ones you think i left out obviously and i will tell you if you can do them with MS E.X.C.E.L or not!

Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by JimloveTM(m): 12:59am On Nov 06, 2016
Lesson 7: Some other Creative Excel Uses. For F.O.O.T.B.A.L.L Lovers!

I designed this spreadsheet app as i call it some few months ago when i needed quick money. For 10 predictions, 8 were successful. Pretty decent work with MS Excel. I have a simple web version here http://www.autopredict.xyz

By the way E.xcel cannot Predict who you will marry, how many kids you gonna get, etc shocked Excel uses statistics to make predictions. And I am a statistics lover.

Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by JimloveTM(m): 1:03am On Nov 06, 2016
So that's where we end for today till Tuesday. When am online, I will respond to all your comments and questions. Good night! Happy Sunday Early Morning.
Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by JimloveTM(m): 6:39pm On Nov 06, 2016
Happy Sunday all!
Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by soulrib(m): 10:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
....Your new student Mr Jimoh, thank you for having me.
Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by soulrib(m): 10:14pm On Nov 07, 2016
[quote author=JimloveTM post=50774110]Lesson 3: Microsoft E.X.C.E.L Analogy

For Beginners, I will want to describe MS Excel with a School Attendance Register. Do you remember how it looks like? It has spots for marking present or absent against your name. That spot is similar to a cell in E.X.C.E.L. Aside a School attendance register, can anyone name what else you have seen that resembles the sheets of an Excel workbook?

pry/secondary school result sheet(s)
Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by soulrib(m): 10:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
There are 3 Key things to note in my definition. It is a spreadsheet application, you can store, organize, analyze and retrieve back your information anytime the way you put it in or in a more processed manner. For beginners, a Spread Sheet is a bunch of rows & columns arranged intelligently for you to interact with.

I have 2 Questions for you. Define Microsoft EXCEL in the way you understand it, and before now what did you think spreadsheet meant?
I will be eager to hear your responses.

To me Microsoft Excel is a data processing Machine. I used the word "machine" cos it saves time in information/data processing even though is a software.
Spreadsheet, tot was jst a diary or a "planner"
Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by soulrib(m): 10:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
JimloveTM:
Lesson 5: Where is Microsoft EXCEL from?

You might be a novice, an amateur or a pro in this subject but alot of folks don't know Microsoft owns Excel. Some be like: Microsoft is the product, and Excel is the company. I have taken my time to explain below where this "E.X.C.E.L dude" came from and his other brothers and sisters.

In as much as i can claim i am very good with using MS Excel, I am kinda in love with One Note. My favourite office app ever!.
Which of the Office apps from the image below are you very proficient at using and which are you in love with. Share your app crush with me.

Am an average user of MS Word n Powerpoint but I love the latter
Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by soulrib(m): 10:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
JimloveTM:
Lesson 6: Creative Uses of EXCEL? #TkLExcel

Here is a short list of what you can use Excel for. I have done these and more. Check out the list below and add the ones you think i left out obviously and i will tell you if you can do them with MS E.X.C.E.L or not!

To create graphs n charts.
Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by JimloveTM(m): 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hello. For every one following this thread, kindly catch up on Twitter @TeenkLearn or on Facebook at www.fb.com/TeenkLearn. The bots here just won't let me flow.
Re: Teenklearn Free Microsoft Excel Training - Live On Nairaland By Jimoh Okoh by trumpy88: 1:48am On Dec 20, 2016
That's great! Thanks for sharing... here is an overview of excel for beginners that may be useful! http://www.corporatefinanceinstitute.com/excel-definition-overview I'm in Excel nerd grin

(1) (Reply)

Java Exams At Aptech Surulere / I Can Provide Cfa Q-bank And 3 Day Seminiar And 16 Week Online Class / Customer Service Training In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.