Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,437 members, 7,781,274 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:38 AM

FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board (12387 Views)

Buhari Inaugurates A Committee To Audit Recovered Funds (Photos) / NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees / Osinbajo Inaugurates A National Task Force On Rice And Wheat Production. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by zakim(m): 7:00am On Nov 05, 2016
The Federal Government on Friday inaugurated a 16-man Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) board to facilitate rapid, even and sustainable development of the region.

The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs (MNDA) Uguru Usain Uguru while inaugurating the new board said, the new team are called to serve the nation and not their pocket.

He urged them to work within the law of the nation and to improve on the development of the communities in the region.

While presenting letters of appointment to the appointees in the spirit of service and call to duty he said, the position of this government is to guarantee accountability and transparency.

The member of the board are, Victor Ndoma Egba as the Chairman, Nsima Ekere is to serve as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Adobe Ajenakvwe appointed as Executive Director Projects (Delta State), Mene Derek as the Executive Director Finance, (River State).

Others are members representing different States, Frank Samuel, (Akwa Ibom), Brambaifa Nelson, (Bayelsa), Sylvester Effefiom Nsa, (Cross River), Ogaga Ifowodo, (Delta), Uwuilekhue Saturday (Edo), Harry Iboroma Dabibi, (Rivers).

Bernard Banfa representing the North-Central zone, Yahaya Mohammed, North-East, Mustapha Dansaki, North-West, Mohmoud Isa-Dutse, Federal Ministry of Finance, Abdul-Kareem Kasumi Bayero, Federal Ministry of Environment and Igo Weli representing Oil Producers Trade.

Although unconfirmed reports revealed that the National Assembly rejected representatives from Abia and Ondo States, Daily Trust learnt that nominees from Imo State withdrew his nomination.

The chairman of the newly inaugurated board, Ndoma Egba while appreciating President Muhammadu Buhari for finding them worthy to serve in this capacity said, they are determined to change the story of the Niger Delta.

"We will no longer compete with Local Government but we will go regional, we will be bound by Acts setting us up and other external rules setting up the commission."

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-inaugurates-a-16-man-nddc-board/170217.html

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Unsad(m): 7:01am On Nov 05, 2016
Long overdue. But a good step.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by PapaBrowne(m): 7:19am On Nov 05, 2016
I don't understand this country.

Why are there representatives from the North East, North Central & North West and none from say the South West? Really don't understand why there's always inequity in the current Feds actions

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Zico5(m): 7:53am On Nov 05, 2016
Rapid and sustainable development? This statement got me cracking. The setup for chop I chop. These south south people can and will never work for the sustainance of that region. What is paramount to them is the direct sharing formula of monthly allocation. Ask them where all the money accrued to that region for the past 16 years gone. They know something good can never come out of this. Where is Edwin clark the self acclaimed Gej father. He has gone with the wind when he realized there is no more free money.

4 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 05, 2016

The only times Federal Character wakes up...

12 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Famouson: 7:55am On Nov 05, 2016
TRIBALISM AT ITS PEAK..... "MY OPINION THO"

6 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by anibi9674: 7:57am On Nov 05, 2016
k
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by kingobozy: 7:57am On Nov 05, 2016
This move is long overdue and very commendable. The Niger Delta region has been a hot zone in the past decades and I've always felt the NDDC board need to tinker a way out. Lets see what Victor Ndoma Egba and his newly appointed team can achieved.
#iRepNigerDelta
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Thisis2raw(m): 7:57am On Nov 05, 2016
New slaves

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Princedapace(m): 7:57am On Nov 05, 2016
PapaBrowne:

Why are there representatives from the North East, North Central & North West and none from say the South West? Really don't understand why there's always inequity in the current Feds actions

I'm also waiting for explanation... Else...I go begin my e war .. Becus I don't know what those people are doing there...

11 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by massinola(m): 7:57am On Nov 05, 2016
k
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Osama10(m): 7:58am On Nov 05, 2016
"Bernard Banfa representing the North-Central zone, Yahaya Mohammed, North-East, Mustapha Dansaki, North-West, Mohmoud Isa-Dutse, Federal Ministry of Finance, Abdul-Kareem Kasumi Bayero, Federal Ministry of Environment and Igo Weli representing Oil Producers Trade."

I don't seem to understand what these Northerners are doing in this NDDC Board.

Do we have Southerners in the Boards up North?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by fulfillment2020(m): 7:58am On Nov 05, 2016
No rep from South East and South West but there are reps from far away non oil NE, NW, NC. Northern agenda everywhere.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by RZArecta(m): 7:58am On Nov 05, 2016
Funny seeing northerners in the NDDC board, lets wait for the NEDC whether southerner go smell that board sef grin

Ndi ara

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by tope777(m): 7:58am On Nov 05, 2016
We shall get there by God grace.

*check my signature for your 5%.
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by davidif: 8:00am On Nov 05, 2016
And we are back at square one. When would this country learn that you can't run an entire country from the center and that development in this country must also be a bottom up approach?

The way to let the Niger Delta (and all of Nigeria) develop is to completely CEASE allocations and grant them autonomy at the local level. Let the local govts elect their chairman by themselves and let them also raise there own revenue from property taxes (taxes on land, rent, buildings) and mineral rights (if there are any mineral resources there) and determine there own future under the guidance and the oversight from there state govt. Let the local govt build there own schools, roads, electricity grid etc and determine there own agenda instead of depending on the fed govt for everything. Let them vote there own judges, ministers and police commissioners into office and create there own police departments. Let them make there own policies. This is how things work in advanced countries. Yet for some reason Nigerians don't seem to figure this out. Na wa o.

This people don't need an NDDC board or another arm of the fed govt to develop there land. Let them do it themselves. It might not be smooth sailing at first but with full transparency, accountability and under the watchful eyes of their state they would get there.

Talk about repeating the same thing all over again and expecting different results.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by DesChyko: 8:00am On Nov 05, 2016
undecided
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Princedapace(m): 8:00am On Nov 05, 2016
Osama10:
"Bernard Banfa representing the North-Central zone, Yahaya Mohammed, North-East, Mustapha Dansaki, North-West, Mohmoud Isa-Dutse, Federal Ministry of Finance, Abdul-Kareem Kasumi Bayero, Federal Ministry of Environment and Igo Weli representing Oil Producers Trade."

I don't seem to understand what these Northerners are doing in this NDDC Board.

Do we have Southerners in the Boards up North?

I'm waiting for those who know how to explain things about naija...

I don't know wat business northerners have wit oil producing states in Nigeria..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by naptu2: 8:01am On Nov 05, 2016
Bernard Banfa
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by tammie24: 8:01am On Nov 05, 2016
North central

Why do you have North central?

3 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 05, 2016
PapaBrowne:

The act establishing the NDDC requires a member from each geopolitical zone be seated on the board.
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by BackToLife: 8:01am On Nov 05, 2016
Today is the World Nose Day!!! Celebrate your Nose Buddies.

My name is Nosa and I smell something...

Click Like if you have a Big Nose like me, Click Share if you have a small Nose.

Read: https://www.nairaland.com/3370254/guys-kill-killing-relationship-before#49664331

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by DrIkB: 8:02am On Nov 05, 2016
what are northerners and there zones, doing in NDDC...since when did the north join Niger Delta...this is a govt. of zai feiful..of zai north

3 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 05, 2016
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Ikwerreboy(m): 8:04am On Nov 05, 2016
We must revenge.

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by kingobozy: 8:07am On Nov 05, 2016
Princedapace:

I'm also waiting for explanation... Else...I go begin my e war .. Becus I don't know what those people are doing there...

I may not be totally correct but I believe these state are also oil producing and it only fair to include their representatives in the newly formed committee.
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by jeeqaa7(m): 8:07am On Nov 05, 2016
Area!!!
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by toprealman: 8:13am On Nov 05, 2016
fulfillment2020:
No rep from South East and South West but there are reps from far away non oil NE, NW, NC. Northern agenda everywhere.
I hope in the yet to be constituted north central development board....they include everyone from Nigeria too!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by vislabraye(m): 8:14am On Nov 05, 2016
PapaBrowne:

Isn't it funny ?

In fact, this should only be a Niger Delta affair.

5 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by repogirl(f): 8:17am On Nov 05, 2016
No south west reps? Interesting.

6 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by repogirl(f): 8:20am On Nov 05, 2016
kingobozy:

I may not be totally correct but I believe these state are also oil producing and it only fair to include their representatives in the newly formed committee.
which oil is the north central and northern east producing? Why aren't Ondo and Lagos states who supposedly produce some crude oil being represented,if we go by your explanation.

9 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Goddaughter: 8:21am On Nov 05, 2016
This is norther country. So is NDDC they knows that they are now oil producers eeh. Abia and Imo are suppose to be included right? But Northerns right? No problems. After they occupied Government house. Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is just a little time they will vanish away. I rest my case to my future generation children of Almighty God

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EYN Demolition: Zulum Orders Probe, Directs Deputy Governor To Visit The Injured / Resume Of New Ig Md Abubakar / Bomb Blast Near Emir's Palace In Yobe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.