Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen (1735 Views)

Change The Screen Of The Ipad Notes And Battery As Well / Change The Screen Of Your Ipad, Epad And Iphones And Their Batteries / I Was Using My Computer And The Screen Went Blank. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by APCsupporter: 9:10am On Nov 05, 2016
This is the 3rd time I'm having this problem on 2 different computer systems. The problem is when I press the power button the lights on and the fans start running but nothing displays on the screen. I have tried:

Removing dust
Reseating the ram
Ressetting the cmos and even changing the battery

There is no blown capacitor and the motherboard seems to be ok.

Please does anyone know what I should do? I'm thinking of changing the motherboard
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 05, 2016
The light on ur screen may be bad. Put on ur laptop in dark room, point a touch light at the screen and see if you can see anything. If u any display on the screen then you need to replace the screen light.

If not the your VGA is bad. You may need to solder it or reflow your motherboard

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 05, 2016
APCsupporter:
This is the 3rd time I'm having this problem on 2 different computer systems. The problem is when I press the power button the lights on and the fans start running but nothing displays on the screen. I have tried:

Removing dust
Reseating the ram

Please does anyone know what I should do? I'm thinking of changing the motherboard

First of all check if the motherboard is caplocking properly, I'd like to know the model.

if the motherboard caplock well without it blinking then check your flex or screen if not then VGA or bad memory
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by APCsupporter: 9:26am On Nov 05, 2016
udemzy101:

First of all check if the motherboard is caplocking properly, I'd like to know the model.

if the motherboard caplock well without it blinking then check your flex or screen if not then VGA or bad memory

I have checked that already. I think the problem is bad memory. I will check the model later when I open it again and tell you
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by Ribajae(m): 9:42am On Nov 05, 2016
Is d board amd or intel, cos if it is amd then dats a common problem heating d vga would make it start although it would eventually wear of
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by exclusivesam53: 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
Just expose the underside to the sun for 30mins max wink
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
since you are APCsupporter I would suggest you go for deliverance. PDP might be after you. so you won't be able active online any more.
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by APCsupporter: 11:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
WinningSun:
since you are APCsupporter I would suggest you go for deliverance. PDP might be after you. so you won't be able active online any more.

Lolgrin. You might not be far from the truth sha
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by APCsupporter: 11:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
exclusivesam53:
Just expose the underside to the sun for 30mins max wink

Are you sure? Somebody even recommended that I put the motherboard in an oven.
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 06, 2016
APCsupporter:

hahaha oven? u wan bake your motherboard? grin
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by Lexusgs430: 9:36am On Nov 06, 2016
APCsupporter:

Removing dust
Reseating the ram

You have possibly used the FN button and down key, to lower screen Brightness to 0.
Press both combinations, it might shine the light again.....
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by exclusivesam53: 10:30am On Nov 06, 2016
APCsupporter:

do not put it in oven just yet,try the sun, it worked for me before, i discovered it by mistake though, but it works. Or u can just rework it in a pc repair shop for #200,they will use that stick like instrument to scorch the board.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 06, 2016
exclusivesam53:
do not put it in oven just yet,try the sun, it worked for me before, i discovered it by mistake though, but it works. Or u can just rework it in a pc repair shop for #200,they will use that stick like instrument to scorch the board.

the sun will not work effectively well in reboiling.

if you don't have a rework station, use the exhaust of your gen to heat the vga..

when the gen is on, put the vga side close to it and make sure you don't over do it else if you hear paaa, you're on your own grin
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by APCsupporter: 11:12am On Nov 06, 2016
udemzy101:

hahaha oven? u wan bake your motherboard? grin

Yes o. Some said it worked for them. But I will put it under the sun as exclusivesam53 suggested. I personally don't want to put it in an oven because I fear those capacitorsgrin
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by Ribajae(m): 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
APCsupporter:

Yeah, d guys right, just loose your system to only d board itself and voila.... wen its out of it, it should work. Maybe not should sha
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by Junki04(m): 12:08am On Nov 11, 2016
Ribajae:
Is d board amd or intel, cos if it is amd then dats a common problem heating d vga would make it start although it would eventually wear of
Bro, mine is AMD, Acer Emachines, and its having same issue.. what's the best solution, and how much do you think the motherboard goes for?
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by Ribajae(m): 8:08am On Nov 11, 2016
Junki04:

Bro, mine is AMD, Acer Emachines, and its having same issue.. what's the best solution, and how much do you think the motherboard goes for?
well like I said, amd has dat kind of issue,
Wen dat problems starts, it really doesn't stop. U keep on reflowing, heating and d likes till it parks up. I really just avoid buying amd systems unless it's brand new. Hopefully maybe urs just started, u could use about a month interval taking it to an engineers side. Basically just buy an intel motherboard
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by Junki04(m): 8:57am On Nov 11, 2016
Ribajae:

well like I said, amd has dat kind of issue,
Wen dat problems starts, it really doesn't stop. U keep on reflowing, heating and d likes till it parks up. I really just avoid buying amd systems unless it's brand new. Hopefully maybe urs just started, u could use about a month interval taking it to an engineers side. Basically just buy an intel motherboard

Thanks bro, can i get your whatsapp contact? wanna ask you some more. thanks in advance
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by Ribajae(m): 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2016
Junki04:

Thanks bro, can i get your whatsapp contact? wanna ask you some more. thanks in advance

You welcome
Re: Please Help! My Fans Run But Nothing Displays On The Screen by tomzee2(f): 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2016
Bruh am having same issue with mine too so I just want to ask what if I buy Intel motherboard for it is it going to work well

(1) (Reply)

New Jackly Screw Driver Set (NOW SELLING) / Some Laptops Still In Stock / Help Me Open Up Gov Peter Obi's Laptop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.