Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,995 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Please Help My Friend Save A Strong Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help My Friend Save A Strong Woman (1233 Views)

My Friend's Wife Keeps Disturbing Me For Money / I Need A Strong Advice Concerning My Sister Who Maltreated My Wife / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Friend Save A Strong Woman by 360xclusive(m): 9:42am On Nov 05, 2016
I know am not the most religious person out here but I believe,we all agree with "GIVE, AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU". (Muslim, Christian, Atheist )

I met Kaycee Israel on a group here on Facebook. From her introduction, I realised she lives in the same city as I do (Abuja) and that she is physically challenged.
Like most of us, she was born healthy and whole. She was full of positive hopes and will power to achieve all of her set goals on life. She attended the University of Abuja (where she studied law). She served as a NYSC member and went to law school at The Nigerian Law school, Bwari and she is certified Barrister!.

In all this period of her life,not for a day did she think that someday....she won't be able to walk on both legs. She and her sister were involved in a fatal motor accident in 2010 that cut off her right leg totally. We can imagine how the family must have been thrown into deep sorrow and confusion at the news and how they struggled financially to save their daughters. To say in last couple of years,they have spent so much on medicals and her upkeep is being modest. It drained them completely.

Last week was her birthday. I went over to her and we talked. I asked what her plans were and she said, "Kate, all I want is a life again. Am tired of just sitting around doing nothing. I can't get a job like this and it looks like everyone except you have given up on me or just tired altogether". Since that day,I have been racking my head for a way out. I called her days back to check up as usual but she wasn't sounding good. I got so worried and went over. Getting there,I met her sewing a skirt for herself with needle and thread (it took all my strength not to cry). Something beyond pain struck me at the sight of such adorable strength in a woman. She then explained to me in details the outcome of the findings from a fashion house I had asked her to inquiry the cost of training.

She needs #150,000 (one hundred and fifty thousand naira) to enroll and buy a sewing machine. I do not have that kind of money at the moment but then, I do have an active data plan and also have quality friends like you,you and yes...you!. Please,let's all come together (sacrifice a pair of jeans or bottle of wine today) to save my friend and give her a life again.

All donations should be made directly into her account EDOZIE K OGECHI .2007287334 UBA.
Phone number - 08095399773

I would be the happiest human alive if you all can help and also tag and share so we can help her. God bless us all.
#HelpMyFriend
#SaveAStrongWoman

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Friend Save A Strong Woman by EfemenaXY: 12:35am On Nov 06, 2016
I'm sorry I don't get you.

She's a law graduate and has served. So what's stopping her from practicing her profession? Does she need her legs or her brain to achieve this?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Friend Save A Strong Woman by Lumpyy(f): 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2016
EfemenaXY:
I'm sorry I don't get you.

She's a law graduate and has served. So what's stopping her from practicing her profession? Does she need her legs or her brain to achieve this?
Wow........sounds a little bit insensitive ma!

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Friend Save A Strong Woman by eyinjuege: 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2016
Lumpyy:

Wow........sounds a little bit insensitive ma!

But its a valid question.

The absence of a limb shouldn't deter her from practicing her profession.

Being physically challenged shouldn't stand as a stumbling block, especially for someone who graduated from law school.

OP, have you explored getting a prosthetic leg for your friend? Maybe any NL member can help with advice on meeting the right people to fit her with one, and probably getting a discounted price.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Friend Save A Strong Woman by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 06, 2016
Has she tried looking for work with her educational background? Due to her condition it's likely she has faced a ton of discrimination with employers when looking for work, so I imagine it hasn't been easy. But she shouldn't give up. She can sew in the time being but should have the bigger vision of getting into her profession, that is, if she really wants to.

She said, "I can't get a job like this...", which makes me wonder if she herself has given up looking for work in her profession. She should stop accommodating the spirit of discouragement in herself. She's educated and a Certified Barrister, as you've said. She needs to start seeing herself as abled, not disabled. You didn't show pictures of her wearing a prosthetic leg. She has not be using a prosthetic leg at all since 2010? If this is the case, she's long overdue for one. Once she gets one, she should use it to go directly to law firms and submit her resume and cover letter. Sooner or later, someone's bound to notice and get in touch. Again, what she wants to do is all up to her. My best wishes.
Re: Please Help My Friend Save A Strong Woman by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
I'm sorry about your friend's condition but she is far better than so many handicaps. She still has two hands and a leg, please encourage her to send her job application to law firms. In the cover letter let her include a brief description of her situation but insist that this will not affect her productivity in any way.

I know a man who lost both hands on n incident, he still works and is doing a great deal for himself and family members. She needs to make use of her qualification as a lawyer, I wish her well.

(1) (Reply)

True Story - How My Wife Made Me Have S*x With A Guy For Cheating On Her / “the Man My Husband First Saw In Our Bedroom Was My Classmate In Primary School" / Can You Employ This Lady As House Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.