Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees (10710 Views)

Two 'high Profile' Boko Haram Commanders Killed In Borno State / Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence / Ozubulu Catholic Church Killing: 3 High-Profile Suspects In Police Net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by ijebuloaded(m): 1:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
Following the release of former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro and former presidential spokesman, Rueben Abati, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has placed a ban on all visits.

EFCC has also stopped all suspects and inmates from making phone calls to their lawyers, family members and loved ones.

Sources told our correspondent on Saturday that the development may not be unconnected to number of solidarity visits to many of the politicians in custody, including Bala Mohammed and Femi Fani-Kayode.

We are Reliably informed that the EFCC management issued the order in a circular from the office of Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu.

Source : http://ijebuloaded.com/news-efcc-ban-phone-calls-visits-high-profile-detainees/

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by Luckylife(m): 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2016
A country where anything can happen !
Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by OlujobaSamuel: 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
yes ooooo, which kind yeye visit be dat, solidarity visit by yeyenatu fifu. i wonder wetin dat clergy go do there. so many prisons filled up, make dem carry solidarity visit go meet those ones

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by Oforleta(m): 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
I'll be back
Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by NevetsIbot(m): 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
yes... Ban it..... IF not they will arrange how to escape without punishment.

14 Likes

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by chinjo(m): 9:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
I weep for this country. Any body who still feels buhari is fighting corruption is standing on a long thing. All these anti corruption bla bla bla is just aimed at diverting the attention of the masses away from the main thing which is the recession they have plunged us into.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by moscobabs(m): 8:43am On Nov 06, 2016
This magun face na real thunderbolt

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 06, 2016
good move

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by Agimor(m): 8:44am On Nov 06, 2016
It's okay they should be subjected solitary confinement.
Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by Kobicove(m): 8:45am On Nov 06, 2016
Long overdue...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by johnaruson(m): 8:46am On Nov 06, 2016
Unconstitutional: Unless on a house arrest or custody af anykind; you can't stop a man on bail or a free man from being visited, receiving or making calls.

18 Likes

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by casttlebarbz(m): 8:48am On Nov 06, 2016
akraym:
Is that so

Solid food
bros abeg make I com join u...I Don miss dis combo

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by ije22: 8:51am On Nov 06, 2016
[quote author=chinjo post=50796659]I weep for this country. Any body who still feels buhari is fighting corruption is standing on a long thing. All these anti corruption bla bla bla is just aimed at diverting the attention of the masses away from the main thing which is the recession they have plunged us into. [/quote do u have brain at all

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by rusher14: 8:52am On Nov 06, 2016
akraym:
Is that so

Solid food

Nice one.
Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 06, 2016
Low profile ones Nkor?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 06, 2016
Agimor:
It's okay they should be subjected solitary confinement.
due to allegations? you are a comedian... efcc is joking until my taxpayers money used for brf's website and borehole are investigated and charged to court.. even if brf is innocent let the criminals behind the debacle be charged to court

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:00am On Nov 06, 2016
EFCC's decision is best known to them.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by tolexy123: 9:06am On Nov 06, 2016
chinjo:
I weep for this country. Any body who still feels buhari is fighting corruption is standing on a long thing. All these anti corruption bla bla bla is just aimed at diverting the attention of the masses away from the main thing which is the recession they have plunged us into.
keep weeping alone, I can help you with an handkerchief. less I forget, u r welcome

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by oyetunder(m): 9:07am On Nov 06, 2016
IRONY of LIFE! Whoever visits a robber caught stealing a motor-cycle is at risk of being detained. Chai! But high profile elites visit those accused of plunging a whole nation into recession with fanfare! O ga o! Nigerian, a country where a thief always win the case against his victim.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by ijebuloaded(m): 9:10am On Nov 06, 2016
chinjo:

What is this one saying

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by ba7man(m): 9:17am On Nov 06, 2016
When they were looting and sharing the money, they didn't sympathize with me.

I have no reason to sympathize with them......

And to those that might say...... "Until I'm affected"...... I'm not a thief and I never will be.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by ERODEDEAST(f): 9:24am On Nov 06, 2016
BLOCKED HEAD PRES-IDIOT. Ruling 9ja like a BANANA REPUBLIC.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by kolado(m): 9:25am On Nov 06, 2016
[b][/b]They are just deceiving themselves. So they can not be visited by their lawyers.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by Papertrail11(m): 10:07am On Nov 06, 2016
[quote author=ije22 post=50805056][/quote]
buhari na cow naow

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by shabakm: 10:55am On Nov 06, 2016
chinjo:
weeping indeed if you like commits suicide. efcc is doing the best thing, why cant you tell those your corrupted brothers to visit prison to know what common peoples are facing there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by EFCC777: 10:57am On Nov 06, 2016
chinjo:
is anyone of those with efcc ur uncle? if not how is it your business. a criminal can be treated anyhow and it doesn't concern you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2016
God bless Magu.
Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by 400billionman: 11:23am On Nov 06, 2016
Confused EFCC..

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by biggy26: 11:30am On Nov 06, 2016
johnaruson:
Unconstitutional: Unless on a house arrest or custody af anykind; you can't stop a man on bail or a free man from being visited, receiving or making calls.

Make dem continue. And people are praising them. Smh! Even lawyer?!! cannot access their client? Hmm. Repentant democrat, I see u. We dey watch u. Continue.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Bans Phone Calls And Visits To High-Profile Detainees by tyav7: 11:37am On Nov 06, 2016
Nigeria shall be great again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Arrest Man For Stealing Bible, Phone From Church / Lagos Taskforce Arrests 71 Miscreants, Impounds 227 Bikes / ​ Man To Clean Court Premises For Punching Friend’s Nose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.