Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You (47788 Views)

Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You / 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You / Top 10 Facts About Google (no 5 Will Shock You) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Onyejemechimere(m): 2:00pm On Nov 05, 2016
Day by day people put themselves and their family members at Unnecessary risks Just by Carelessly Posting almost 70% of their life privacy , All in the name of showing of , Having Fun , Luxurious Life attitudes..etc

Not Only that its wrong, Some of your status get to fight you later in life, fake accounts are also in abundance, which is why it is vital to keep the information you share to a minimum.

Not here to stop your from your steady and careless posting habits but please refrain from sharing the following

1) HOLIDAY PLANS

A lot of peeps are guilty of this ,some even go to the extent of even telling you who and who in the family are going and who is staying, Informing the public that you are off to Ibadan for new yam festival and would be there for two weeks might also end in dire consequences. as you could be alerting robbers and bad people of the situation at hand. you could post whatever you wanna post on social media especially Facebook, but when it comes to the holiday/vacation/traveling aspect , Just refrain from sharing.

2) WINNING TICKETS

where are my betting and gambling peeps ,Them who cant do without going to Nairabet ,those streets urchins who cant sleep unless their legs greets the floor of the betting houses.. you see guys on Facebook with status like “Guess What i just grabbed 750k from bet9ja, they must surely pay, on my way to the bank with them” ,Well my question to you guys is, “How would you feel after winning your game and then get kidnapped,or on getting home your debtors are already sitting and waiting at home , its not going to end well.
you can as well prevent this by not posting your winning tickets on social media better to keep this to thyself.

3) HOME ADDRESS/CURRENT LOCATION

Most people give out their home address location more than you think , its not as dangerous as posting about your holiday plans but can be used against you. lets say “you get someone angry on Facebook, and maybe forget about it but the person doesn’t , He seeks for retaliation and he seems not to be getting any, and then you post your home address on your status innocently, see you in the hospital if lucky.
current location is as dangerous as getting a matchstick to the petrol station we all know what will happen when its lit , Never disclose where you are at the moment , There are a lot of Risks associated to it which you know and don’t need me to tell you about.

4) BANK DETAILS

Posting details about you Bank account on social networks has no much risks associated to it , But i would advise that you don’t post your bank details publicly on social media. There is no need for it. Anyone who wishes to send money to you should message you privately, Hackers are everywhere and just need a little detail from you and your money is a thing of the past.

5) YOUR RELATIONSHIP / RELATIONSHIP ISSUES

Almost everyone is a student of the above course , Social media has a hand in 48% of ruined relationship . Relationships that have been taking to the social networks don’t last.
Social media is not a place for solving relationship issues Infact it does the opposite, and those who bring their relationship to social networks the networks looking at you like, “Welcome Chioma, so how do you want us to help you ruin your relationship” ??

6) LUXURIOUS LIVING

People who show off their wads of cash , Gold plated items, Mansions , Cars , Expensive cloths etc. on social media should reduce this character to its minimum or refrain totally from doing such. especially celebrities , we all have heard cases of people being held at gunpoint , robbed at home , etc. doing this does not tell people that you are wealthy its just going to give robbers a reason to…..

7) NUDE/EXPLICIT CONTENTS OF YOU

i don’t think any sane person as of this modern era will go on social media to post Their nudes (Naked pictures) , especially someone who wants to build a personality and be respected later in the future.
Even if you think your privacy is strong remember Facebook could be hacked and all those pictures could be leaked to people you don’t want it to be showed to – Your parents and colleagues as examples. i read a short joke on twitter that said ” All this girls posting there nudes online, i hope you know explaining to your parents that your bride price is no more than a bottle of soft drink wont be hard”

8 ) FAMILY ISSUES

Still using this to elaborate more on family privacy as some of it has been said in No 1 . anything family should stay family and has nothing to do with social media. If Your Family plans to buy the university of Nigeria , Good. when you people do that everybody will then know , but posting it before its being bought has a lot of consequences and security risks. some people put their parents at risk on social media without them knowing , Some even go o the extent of dropping their parents location ,“My mum just left for work” ,This does not make you any better instead makes your mum prone to danger..know this.

9) STATEMENTS THAT WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU LATER

I can recall this guy who wrote something about first bank in his second year at school , when he finally graduated 3 years later , he went for an interview and was disqualified because of it , after it was Dug up later.

Doing the Ebola outbreak , a single status from a lady about using salt to cure the dreading ailment, killed people and left the rest seriously unconscious,she was arrested later, the rest is history. The power of social media.

You should mind what you say on social media, they could fight you later. Always speak with caution, accuse with facts and update your status with correct information.

you don’t allow anything to happen to you before you learn from it.
A word is enough for the wise.
And even the wise don’t need a word.

http://otownloaded.com/9-things-you-should-never-share-on-social-media-no-5-will-shock-you/

58 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
Its not good to expose yourself on social media. Its not good for security reasons, it is also an avenue to breed jealousy and envy.

About number 8, It aren't sensible for people to post anything about their family problems and issues on social media. Its so immature and stupid.

Not that am against Nairaland diaries but its very risky talking about your whole life on a forum that almost the whole world read.

Live a life free from social media and be safe.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by mii4u(f): 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
I dislike pple that share so much abt them on social media, sometimes, I just wonder why social media

25 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Onyejemechimere(m): 2:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
Catalin:
Its not good to expose yourself to social media. Its not good for security reasons, it is also an avenue to breed jealousy and envy.

About number 8, It aren't sensible for people to post anything about their family problems and issues on social media. Its so immature and stupid.

Not that am against Nairaland diaries but its very risky talking about your whole life on a forum that almost the whole world read.

you spoke well.
lets get this out for others to read

cc: myndd44,ishilove,obinoscopy,dominique,lalasticlala,freiburger
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Jh0wsef(m): 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
your racist behavior / attitudes angry

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by kennyjam: 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
Many will still ignore these warnings. A dog that will lose will not hear the whistle of the hunter.

6 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by aljazira: 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
10. People telling the world he/she is in Lagos airport on his way to abuja. When he/she gets to abuja, they share their hotel or residential location as if going to abuja is heaven. Stop giving unnecessary info about you on Facebook.

14 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
mii4u:
I dislike pple that share so much abt them on social media, sometimes, I just wonder why social media

Same here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by vicola0281: 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
ur galfrnd pic

4 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by sleemfesh: 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
How did you come about the 48% of all relationship part?
Empty claims and statistics.
Mtchew.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Whizkeey(m): 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
Gels Don't share your giraffe leg, be doing leg like polio patient stop it we don't like it

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Ikpangi: 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
Dem no go free even if u tell them 1 million times cool lipsrsealed cry

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by yetseyi(f): 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
People learn these points the very hard way.

If you talk about it they say what's your own, somethings are not necessary at all. Nairaland is even better you can be anonymous if you want and post the story of your life nobody will notice, you will just be another random poster but on Facebook its not so in fact I feel its the worst place to post things about yourself.

I saw a Facebook friend making posts on her timeline with pictures about every stage of her relationship, right from how he wooed her till their engagement with details and I was so surprised, too much details for the public in my opinion.

People even post their movement schedule on FB shocked with how security is in this country. You see posts likr "just arrived at XYZ", " just left ABC", "On my way to osogbo" and they cant even think that people can trace their movement . You land somewhere, you update on your timeline, you enter plane you update, eat chicken you update, get pregnant you update, achieve something you update, everything about some peoples life is on Facebook and Instagram.

You create unneccessary enemies for yourself, expose yourself to robbers and those who are just looking for people to envy.

Why should someone know everything about you from the social media.

All these exposure is not necessary

11 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Papiikush: 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
How dare you tell me not to show off my winning tickets online? undecided

With the way Chelsea is leading though just wait for the pictures of my betting slip. Chai. grin

#Listing things I want to buy for Christmas tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by nigconnect(m): 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
Noted.....
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by PunterTim(m): 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
Basically why i'm a ghost on social media!

8 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by cooluc(f): 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
Aside the security reasons, Employers might choose to dig around a prospective job applicant by visiting those platforms. It's not wise at all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by moscobabs(m): 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
they won't even answer u op

kids everywhere
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Youngtrice(m): 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
Only people who aren't really exposed to the dangers of life that will post sensitive info online. The dangers are more than you the OP stated sef. You can lose your jobs, visa application and lots more and in the name of being famous on social media.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
Catalin:
Its not good to expose yourself on social media. Its not good for security reasons, it is also an avenue to breed jealousy and envy.

Not that am against Nairaland dairies but its very risky talking about your whole life on a forum that almost the whole world read.

Is a version of "keeping up with the Kardashians". Nairaland girls just expressing their fake selves on diaries...so funny!.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
So what should we na post na
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by prince985(m): 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
immidiately i red number 7...i remember d Mrs. cucumber 2o16

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by martineverest(m): 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
tell that to e-money and emmanuel adebayo

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Ask4Info: 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
TAKE THE BELOW WORDS OF MINE TO THE BACK AND THE BANK MANAGER WILL PAY YOU CASH. EVEN EMEFIELE WILL OPEN THE CBN VAULT FOR YOU

ONLY BROKE PEOPLE GO ONLINE TO DISPLAY THINGS ONLINE AND ONLY SAD PEOPLE TO GO ONLINE TO PRETEND TO BE THE HAPPIEST AND MOST CONTENTED

WHEN YOU ARE BROKE, A FEW DOLLAR BILLS IN YOUR POSSESSION WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SUPER RICH. WHEN YOU BUY A PHONE, SHOE, WRIST WATCH OR ANY OTHER THING YOU FEEL YOU HAVE ARRIVED.

A MAN WHO HAVE ALWAYS HAD BIG DREAMS NO MATTER HIS LEVEL OF SUCCESS WHO GET TO HIS HEAD BECAUSE HE STILL SEES HIMSELF AS A FAILURE.

AS FOR THOSE WHO COME TO SAY THEY ARE HAPPY, THEY ARE ONLY TRYING TO CONSOLE THEMSELVES.

I HAVE LONGED REMOVED EVEN MY ENTIRE EDUCATIONAL STATUS FROM MY SOCIAL MEDIA PEOPLE WILL THINK I NEVER WENT TO SCHOOL.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Ikpangi: 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
Gree oh no b free..interpreters shocked
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Odunharry(m): 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
True.. ..
Add work address too
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by safarigirl(f): 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
And what is so shocking about number 5? undecided

It is only foolish people that go about telling the world who they are shagging at certain points of their lives

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by maxiuc(m): 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
Wwetin I wan post sef for facebook beta phone I no get which location I wan update when I no dey go anywhere. No

3 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Pvin: 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2016
Advice or no Advice, bet wey go cast go sill cast.
There are many things we can learn from dogs like being loyal, protective, caring and loving unconditionally but we choose to learn one thing .... DOG STYLE... This is d important of the other room

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by gotnel: 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2016
You are totally right on this one. Many people have turned social media sites to something else. If they mess up the air, they are going to post it on facebook.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by safarigirl(f): 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
Benita27:
Is a version of "keeping up with the Kardashians". Nairaland girls just expressing their fake selves on diaries...so funny!.
so na only NL girls get diary abi? You must be very active there, reading about other people's fake lives...

You never talk wetin dey pain you

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Data Plans For Different Network Providers / Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp Down. Stay At Home Tonight For Security Reasons. / What Is The Full Meaning Of Glo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.