Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,870 members, 7,798,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo (7229 Views)

Criticise But Don't Mock Our Anti-Graft War - Lai Mohammed Tells Media / Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage / Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by indomitablesq(m): 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
Dr David Oyedepo, the Bishop of the Living Faith Church worldwide, has appealed to those criticising the school fees charged by Covenant University to desist to avoid incurring the wrath of God.
Oyedepo, in a telecast to a pre-Shiloh 2016 Convention gathering of the church monitored via satellite in Jos on Saturday, said the critics were acting in ignorance and risked incurring the wrath of God.
He said one of such critic smitten with a strange plague of chronic mouth odour over the act only received spiritual pardon following his confession and “my intervention before he was restored to dignity”.
Oyedepo said the issue of school fees paid by students of the university was a godly agenda to meet the demands of raising godly children in an environment conducive for learning.
He said such criticisms were products of ignorance as what students pay could not be compared with what obtained elsewhere that lacked facilities.
“The school fees has Gods approval and is in accordance with the quality of facilities provided by the university in meeting the educational needs of the nation,” he said.
He said the church in its pioneering role in pushing the frontiers of education with excellence had concluded plans to establish offshore universities.
The cleric said a fully automated Bible press by the church had been completed and would be launched soon.
Oyedepo, however, quoting from some verses of the Bible, which include Matthew 24:6-8, 1Peter 2:9, Joel 2:2 and Mal. 4:1, said the current economic meltdown was predicted but that committed Christians would be exempted.
He prayed for resources for parents to always meet the demands of the time and declared the theme of this year’s Shiloh holding between Dec. 6 and Dec. 10 as “My Case is Different”.
The bishop said this year’s annual event of Shiloh would not be advertised as past events as it would be church based.
(nan) .click here for more- http://indomitablesq..com.ng/2016/11/dont-criticise-my-varsity-fees-oyedepo.html

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by KINGwax007(m): 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
This is the most funny shitt av ever read...

Even as a christian, I dey shame

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by phemmyutd(m): 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
why "Wrath of God" because of criticising the schools fees?

Even Jesus was critics during his days and never brought down wrath of God of human, but died for their sins.

It's not a most to send ones children to such school if you can't afford it.

But we all including men of God make critics of every government.

It is well with my Soul

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by CHANNELStv2020: 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2016
NONSENSE

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by APCHaram: 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
Nigerian Churches : The only place someone has his hands in your pocket and wants to stick a dik in you.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by agwom(m): 3:07pm On Nov 05, 2016
Pastors and money sef....my hand no dey o!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by uboma(m): 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
did Oyedepo actually said these?

I am still in shock....

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Lisaflex(f): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2016
wth?!! I'm embarrased on his behalf!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Samlapa: 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2016
na wa ooh!

Anyways, still observing
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by APCHaram: 3:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
The hottest part of hell complete with a vip roped section is reserved for charlatans like this peddler of hope profiteering out of the misery of the poor church goer.

I attended one of his useless franchise branches one Sunday after the persistent coaxing of one of the dumb winners mugus.

I left almost immediately after one hustler claiming pastor mounted the pulpit declaring his so called calling from God was to preach posterity and not piety.

I can not blame him but the fools rushing to his Sunday scam service hoping to better their lives listening to this pagan administer Sunday sermon after parting with their hard earned cash.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Pranxta(m): 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2016
hmmm
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2016
KINGwax007:
This is the most funny shitt av ever read...

Even as a christian, I dey shame

If you are a shame, you have no stake in Christianity.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2016
APCHaram:
The hottest part of hell complete with a vip roped section is reserved for charlatans like this peddler of hope profiteering out of the misery of the poor church goer.

I attended one of his useless franchise branches one Sunday after the persistent coaxing of one of the dumb winners mugus.

I left almost immediately after one hustler claiming pastor mounted the pulpit declaring his so called calling from God was to preach posterity and not piety.

I can not blame him but the fools rushing to his Sunday scam service hoping to better their lives listening to this pagan administer Sunday sermon after parting with their hard earned cash.

Christianity is a call to preach prosperity. Until you know it, you cannot believe it and until you believe it, it cannot manifest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by APCHaram: 3:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Christianity is a call to preach prosperity. Until you know it, you cannot believe it and until you believe it, it cannot manifest.

This is not Christianity and it will never be.

Oyedopo and his gang of vultures are seeds of satan.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Gozzzy(m): 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
iberiibe na kposhi-kposhi!!!!!! See business men, that don't give a damn about how our Lord Jesus Christ lived his life, not to talk of following after him, and they are busy calling themselves Christians!!! Thank God, judgement will start from the house of God!!!!!! These men are the major reasons, many people desist from going to churches!!! make God help us!!!

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
APCHaram:

This is not Christianity and it will never be.

Oyedopo and his gang of vultures are seeds of satan.

What brought you to that conclusion.

Before you do that, I want to tell you what Jesus told the messengers of John, " the poor have the gospel preach unto them".

Christianity is a message of prosperity. It is lack of understanding that is killing people.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
Lisaflex:
And i'm embarrassed on your behalf.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
The poor have the gospel preached unto them. Was Jesus wrong? No!

Only the truth of the gospel can make the poor rich. But the poor is too wise to accept the wisdom of God. Hence, they remain in poverty and blame the rich.

Fall in line with God's instructions not against it to experience it.

However, no instruction is not without pain.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by JingoOAU(m): 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
I don't wanna believe this cos the sauce is watery

Oyedepo cnt say something like that

I cnt believe it

1 Like

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by uboma(m): 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Are you sure about Christianity being a call to preach prosperity?

what command did Jesus Christ give to his disciples before ascending to the heaven?

Prosperity is being preached in Churches today because it is what gullible fellows like you will love to hear....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by CplusJason: 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2016
Lisaflex:
I'm totally embarrased on your boyfriend behalf.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2016
uboma:

what command did Jesus Christ give to his disciples before ascending to the heaven?

Prosperity is being preached in Churches today because it is what gullible fellows like you will love to hear....

Please can you state the commandment? You disappointed me by not stating it in the first place.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2016
uboma:

Yes, I am too sure that Christianity is a call to preach prosperity. The certainty of this message is as sure as my life.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by SignalTNA: 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
I can't give any scammer Afonja my money in the name of pastor

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by lordcabasa(m): 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
Na wa o!

God Help Us to Know and Believe in You Better than We Honor These Men Of God Amen!
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by uboma(m): 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Please can you state the commandment? You disappointed me by not stating it in the first place.

You can go on to pretend you don't know the instruction Jesus Christ handed down to his disciples, I don't care.

but stop lying that the call for Christianity is to preach prosperity.

will prosperity grant you salvation?

What manner of life did Jesus Christ and his disciples live back then?
Were they materially rich when compared to their contemporaries?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by uboma(m): 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Yes, I am too sure that Christianity is a call to preach prosperity. The certainty of this message is as sure as my life.

then you are a lost soul....

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Annie939(f): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2016
I don't see anything wrong in criticism. nawa for some pastors oooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2016
uboma:

then you are a lost soul....

Listen my friend. Christianity is a call for salvation from sin. Sin is the principal chain holding man. All other chains like sickness, barrenness, poverty etc are just extension of that chain. Once save from that, the rest are easy to shake off.

Listen also, you are not saved to go heaven. You are saved into heaven immediately you are saved. God is looking up to you to manifest heaven where you now live on earth.

I hope this help you.

If you know live in heaven, that doesn't sound or look like poverty.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by ARIZONA123(m): 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
indomitablesq:
Dr David Oyedepo, the Bishop of the Living Faith Church worldwide, has appealed to those criticising the school fees charged by Covenant University to desist to avoid incurring the wrath of God.
Oyedepo, in a telecast to a pre-Shiloh 2016 Convention gathering of the church monitored via satellite in Jos on Saturday, said the critics were acting in ignorance and risked incurring the wrath of God.
He said one of such critic smitten with a strange plague of chronic mouth odour over the act only received spiritual pardon following his confession and “my intervention before he was restored to dignity”.
Oyedepo said the issue of school fees paid by students of the university was a godly agenda to meet the demands of raising godly children in an environment conducive for learning.
He said such criticisms were products of ignorance as what students pay could not be compared with what obtained elsewhere that lacked facilities.
“The school fees has Gods approval and is in accordance with the quality of facilities provided by the university in meeting the educational needs of the nation,” he said.
He said the church in its pioneering role in pushing the frontiers of education with excellence had concluded plans to establish offshore universities.
The cleric said a fully automated Bible press by the church had been completed and would be launched soon.
Oyedepo, however, quoting from some verses of the Bible, which include Matthew 24:6-8, 1Peter 2:9, Joel 2:2 and Mal. 4:1, said the current economic meltdown was predicted but that committed Christians would be exempted.
He prayed for resources for parents to always meet the demands of the time and declared the theme of this year’s Shiloh holding between Dec. 6 and Dec. 10 as “My Case is Different”.
The bishop said this year’s annual event of Shiloh would not be advertised as past events as it would be church based.
(nan) .click here for more- http://indomitablesq..com.ng/2016/11/dont-criticise-my-varsity-fees-oyedepo.html
. All this yorrrober pastors self. A pastor that will be coming to a sunday service with a private jet while members will be dying in poverty. God punish them

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by KINGwax007(m): 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

If you are a shame, you have no stake in Christianity.
cheesy you shld be ashamed of yourself... You mean to tell me that you believed it was God, who told hi! How much to collect?

Let's see...

OYEDEPO: (on his knees).. My God, the university has been completed, I am here to ask you how much I shld collect for school fees..

HIS GOD: My son, move aside, let me see the suggested fees you have jotted down..

OYEDEPO: (in fear...raises his eyes unto heaven).. Ha, my God, I have not thought aboutna price o. I want you to choose for us..

HIS GOD: [(clears troat)/i].. Oh..Let's see...[i](plays with his beard while thinking)...OK...OK...collect 500K per child.

OYEDEPO: frowns 500 kobo?

HIS GOD: 500 kobo as how na? My son, 500 thousand naira per child na...

OYEDEPO: happy.. Thank you, my God. I am very grateful. suddenly realises something... But em... Father...

HIS GOD: what is it, my child?

OYEDEPO: what about the poor ones in the congregation, Sir? Remember, they also contributed, either small or big, they...

HIS GOD: rises up in anger..thunder strikes and the whole place trembles. OYEDEPO was very scared... Do not question me!!! Do you want me to strike you mouth odour?

OYEDEPO: trembling.. Sorry, my God. I dare not question you...

Light fades...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
uboma:

You can go on to pretend you don't know the instruction Jesus Christ handed down to his disciples, I don't care.

but stop lying that the call for Christianity is to preach prosperity.

will prosperity grant you salvation?

What manner of life did Jesus Christ and his disciples live back then?
Were they materially rich when compared to their contemporaries?

Since you can't say it. Let me help you. Jesus commanded,"go and preach to all creature all the words of this book". It is not some but all.

I made reference to what he told john disciplines," the poor has the message preached unto them". This show that principally the message of the kingdom is for the poor. As it is to the blind. Remember, he that is healthy has no need of a doctor - Jesus..

What is salvation? Freedom from whatever is holding you. If poverty is holding you down, you need salvation. He became poor that you might be rich-this is salvation paying for your poverty with his wealth.

To have asked what manner of life Jesus lived show you don't read your bible. The people of his time called him glutton. Go check out the meaning. He had supper in the best houses in his time. He had a treasurer as a thief and he never felt the impact. When he died, the soldiers could not part his garment because the class was beyond what they were used to.

Bros, recreate your mentality with the word. God can only give you what you believe. As he told Cain, poverty is at the door. Don't let it rule you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zonal Congresses: PDP Seeks To Dislodge APC, Return To Power In 2023 / Nigeria Best Cities Challenge (join Poll Now) / December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.