Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM (1287 Views)

Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger / BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 / Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Are Down Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by henryskywalker2003(m): 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
A lot of ppl have been posting stuff about Telegram. But it seems no one has actually been able to point out genuine reasons why they feel the app is better than others out there like Whatsapp, BBM and Messenger.

Well, here are my own personal reasons why I feel Telegram is much better than the host of others out there....

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by henryskywalker2003(m): 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
1. END TO END ENCRYPTION: Before the likes of Whatsapp, FB and BBM thought of this, Telegram was already at the forefront. It started from the very first day Telegram was launched. It was launched with Security and Privacy as its selling points. This was demonstrated when the likes of Whatsapp and BBM were experience data leaks and server outages due to attacks from hackers.

[b]2. SEAMLESS INTEGRATION ACROSS DEVICES:[/b]Now this can mean a lot of different things to different folks, ranging from unified look across devices to following individual and laid down design languages for the individual platforms. Whichever way you look at it, you are quite correct. On Android, it follows Android's Material Design, on Windows, Metro and also on the iOS too. And each time the app is updated with new features, it is done across board to all the platforms. The only one that doesn't usually get all the new features is the web platform and this brings me to the next feature.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by henryskywalker2003(m): 6:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
3. AVAILABILITY ON WIDE RANGE OF DEVICES: From Android, to Windows, to iOS, (sorry no blackberry), Telegram has native apps for each of these platforms. As you can see, it isn't available on Blackberry, but don't fret. Telegram is also available on the web. But this is a whole other feature so I will reserve it as the next one to talk about.

4. WEB APP: Long before Whatsapp built their stupid web interface (yes, it's quite stupid cos it doesn't work when your phone is offline), telegram built theirs. But this isn't anything like the crap Whatsapp has. No sir, not at all. This is a full featured and standalone web app. You can log in without having to even have the app on your device and chat whether the phone that already have the app is online or not.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by henryskywalker2003(m): 6:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
[b]5. SEAMLESS MESSAGING: [/b]Do you ever wish you could have the same whatsapp or bbm on multiple devices and chat from both devices at once. In that way, you can have one device low on juice or be charging and easily pick up where you left off from a different device without having to jump thru hoops? Well, wish no more folks. With Telegram, you can have one account on multiple devices and chat simultaneously from any of the connected devices. How come you ask? Well, when you log in to multiple devices, each device is synchronized that as messages are coming in, they are being displayed simultaneously on all connected devices. What about the messages you send, you ask me? Well, do you recall I said MESSAGES? That means, messages you send and those sent to you by your contacts, including group messages. That's right. They are all updated in real time as you chat. Speaking of real time updates, the app is so good at what it does that even your drafts are updated across all connected devices. Say for instance, you were typing a message on your phone and you didn't send it and dropped it to go wee wee cool, and on your way back you picked up your tablet and open your telegram, the unsent message will automatically show up in the chat as a draft waiting for you on the different device. So, no need to retype the entire message again just because you moved to a different device. Great, right?

6. GROUPS CHANNELS AND INVITE LINKS: Whatsapp has its groups, BBM its channels. Ever wondered what will happen if BBM Channel marries Whatsapp's group? Well think no more, the answer is in Telegram. Telegram groups has the huge numbers of participant that BBM was known for back in the days, combined with the ease of Whatsapp's groups. In Telegram, you can create groups with a huge number of participants. When I say huge, I mean 5000 huge. Yeah, that's right guys. 5000 participants, I kid you not. But then again, who on earth creates a group with 5000 participants? That's like f**king crazy. But anyway, the feature is there for anyone that wants to do that. Plus, you can have multiple admins and add ppl without having them as your contacts, simply by sharing an invite link to them. Yeah, you are right, Whatsapp got the idea from Telegram and implemented that recently. Again, unlike Whatsapp but like BBM, Telegram has Channels and but unlike the huge numbers of the group, Telegram decided to respect themselves and reduce the number of participants to a mere unlimited. Now I know you are like, but unlimited is bigger than huge now. Yeah, to some ppl. Cos I personally feel unlimited is just too small. What am I saying sef, Telegram is F**KING CRAZY. What were they thinking?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
henryskywalker2003:
[b]5. SEAMLESS MESSAGING: [/b]Do you ever wish you could have the same whatsapp or bbm on multiple devices and chat from both devices at once. In that way, you can have one device low on juice or be charging and easily pick up where you left off from a different device without having to jump thru hoops? Well, wish no more folks. With Telegram, you can have one account on multiple devices and chat simultaneously from any of the connected devices. How come you ask? Well, when you log in to multiple devices, each device is synchronized that as messages are coming in, they are being displayed simultaneously on all connected devices. What about the messages you send, you ask me? Well, do you recall I said MESSAGES? That means, messages you send and those sent to you by your contacts, including group messages. That's right. They are all updated in real time as you chat. Speaking of real time updates, the app is so good at what it does that even your drafts are updated across all connected devices. Say for instance, you were typing a message on your phone and you didn't send it and dropped it to go wee wee cool, and on your way back you picked up your tablet and open your telegram, the unsent message will automatically show up in the chat as a draft waiting for you on the different device. So, no need to retype the entire message again just because you moved to a different device. Great, right?

6. GROUPS CHANNELS AND INVITE LINKS: Whatsapp has its groups, BBM its channels. Ever wondered what will happen if BBM Channel marries Whatsapp's group? Well think no more, the answer is in Telegram. Telegram groups has the huge numbers of participant that BBM was known for back in the days, combined with the ease of Whatsapp's groups. In Telegram, you can create groups with a huge number of participants. When I say huge, I mean 5000 huge. Yeah, that's right guys. 5000 participants, I kid you not. But then again, who on earth creates a group with 5000 participants? That's like f**king crazy. But anyway, the feature is there for anyone that wants to do that. Plus, you can have multiple admins and add ppl without having them as your contacts, simply by sharing an invite link to them. Yeah, you are right, Whatsapp got the idea from Telegram and implemented that recently. Again, unlike Whatsapp but like BBM, Telegram has Channels and but unlike the huge numbers of the group, Telegram decided to respect themselves and reduce the number of participants to a mere unlimited. Now I know you are like, but unlimited is bigger than huge now. Yeah, to some ppl. Cos I personally feel unlimited is just too small. What am I saying sef, Telegram is F**KING CRAZY. What were they thinking?
Applause
Re: Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by Worksunlimited: 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2016
Zuckerberg go soon buy am...
Re: Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by Davedoz(m): 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
I love TELEGRAM
Re: Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2016
people are just really adamant to change......telegram is better than whatsapp but whatsapp has a large user base,can i use telegram on etisalat social me?
Re: Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by Youngpo413: 3:44am On Nov 07, 2016
Moreover, it works with glo free of charge.
Re: Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by Turks: 6:14am On Nov 07, 2016
I use both apps and they're great! Only that with whatsapp, one has to backup in order not to lose chat history...But with telegram, chat history remains intact paraventure one switches devices; whether or not one backs up..
Re: Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 07, 2016
No, thanks I'm ok with my whatsapp.
Re: Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 07, 2016
Catalin:
No, thanks I'm ok with my whatsapp.
cos your friends are there and you cant convince them to move there right?
Re: Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 07, 2016
TechEnthusiast:

cos your friends are there and you cant convince them to move there right?
Kinda
Re: Reasons Why I Prefer Telegram Over Whatsapp And BBM by 4peace(m): 10:25am On Nov 07, 2016
Nice write up.

You did not mention BOT,stickers etc cool
What i will say is that
If you're somebody that love to receive alert or notification on twitter,Rss,Instagram,Facebook etc in just one app, you need to use telegram.

Using telegram will not harm you using you whatsapp.

Using telegram just make you feel

(1) (Reply)

Nti Tablet (4.4 Kitkat, 1gb Rom, 16 Gb Ram) / How Much Should I Pay For A Used Infinix X551? / Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Officially Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.