Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee - Celebrities (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee (80286 Views)

"Tithing Works" Daddy Freeze Diss Pastor Oyedepo And Wife With Throwback Photos / Moesha Boduong Replies Critics Of Her Interview With Cnn’s Amanpour / Banky W Responds To Critics Of His Big Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by mightyleks(m): 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
Na wa o Nigerians. am just immagining what would have become of Elijah if it was this era when he told the POOR WIDOW TO PREPARE THE LAST MEAL IN THE HOUSE FOR HIM TO EAT FIRST.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 8:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
histemple:

When you get home, call your unsuccessful father that, that is if you have one.
lol.... Why does it seem like you're wailing? Wht yu just said doesnt tally with what i said... If yu have to insult someome else to get to me then you're a great coward.

Tho yu have the body,brain of an adult, you use it like a kid.

Now shooo away...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2016
NevetsIbot:
what if i told yu i didn't read a thing yu said... I dropped this topic yday nyt

lool... still my opinion *wink* *wink*
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2016
baddestchic:

lool... still my opinion *wink* *wink*
yeah.. #winks back#. Apology accepted. cheesy.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
histemple:

I see the kind of training you got. No wonder your family is in disarray.
says the brat throwing shades at someones father.

Get lost kid..... You're so immature and its annoying. In a bid to sound smart, you're making an epic fool of yourself
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by oluwatoyinadeol(m): 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2016
Blessograo:

I don't attend winners but like I said a friend told me that beside I'm in China not Nigeria, I wouldn't say it's something i know cos it was something i was told which I stated before. So if it's true or not i don't know.

But I can't confirm it to you that it is not possible. ..sending people out of church in winners chapel, the leadership of the church will have reported such pastor to the Bishop straight
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by oluwatoyinadeol(m): 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2016
dejilg:

go and read 1 Cor 4 : 11

New International Version
To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless.

New Living Translation
Even now we go hungry and thirsty, and we don't have enough clothes to keep warm. We are often beaten and have no home.

English Standard Version
To the present hour we hunger and thirst, we are poorly dressed and buffeted and homeless,

Berean Study Bible
To this very hour we are hungry and thirsty, we are poorly clad, we are brutally treated, we are homeless.

Berean Literal Bible
As far as the present hour, we both hunger and thirst, and are poorly clad, and are buffeted, and wander homeless,

New American Standard Bible
To this present hour we are both hungry and thirsty, and are poorly clothed, and are roughly treated, and are homeless;

King James Bible
Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;

I love this. .my simple question is, is that scriptures referring to an entire life or just for some moment.. .am an interpreter of the scripture and not just a reader
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by safarigirl(f): 1:10am On Nov 07, 2016
judeefcc:
a country with a population of 180 grew to 850 under 10 years lmao , america population is 330million , do you know what is 850mil, a countries polpulation grew by 80% under 10years smh, go and read, shut up and stop saying dull nonsense
don't mind me. It was an error I realised this morning.

Apologies
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by lielbree: 9:08am On Nov 07, 2016
peacesamuel94:

So assuming you were lecturer or a professor in the said school, you mean you will agree to work without pay?
They will I work without pay?
What is the tithe and offering for? undecided
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by lielbree: 9:12am On Nov 07, 2016
peacesamuel94:

It is quite disappointing that this is coming from a Christian, at least you should have verified before pointing accusing fingers,

Bishop Oyedepo is a giver ( I was a beneficiary of his scholarship )and he does not do it to impress people.

In all winners chapel branches, A welfare committee is set up to cater for the needs of the windows, paupers orphans etc in the church.

Apart from material givings, he has created employment opportunities for thousands of Nigerian youths. That he dosen't publicize his generosity does not mean that he does not give. Are you even aware that the first car the ministry ever had was sold and the returns of the sales was given to a window( a member of the church to cater for her needs).

With all due respect, I think it will be hyprocritic to label someone as selfish when you are not even a better giver than he is.
I maintain that what ever he gives as charity is not commiserate with the wealth he has and continues to stockpile.. he can afford to feed all poor in his church every Sunday!
The employment opportunities you are talking about is geared towards profit for his organisation.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by bezimo(m): 9:25am On Nov 07, 2016
If you are not a member of Winners Chapel, please take your misguided opinion on the fees of CU to the gargabe its pretty irrelevant.

I wont be suprised if most of the people speaking again Papa here hardly give in church may be maximum #100, if they give oh, yet they have the nonsense temerity to talk about CU fees, that it should be free.

Let us even say.Its through our givings that the World class university was built, but again we are not complaining and we keep celebrating the advancement of the church on all fronts.

Or you want to say.How many Winners are benefitting from the school, Bishop Oyedepo has a foundation that gives scolarship to many serious and indigent students.Just recently at the concluded youth alive conference in August, Bishop mentioned scholarship for all First class students that are members to Masters and PhD respectively. The ignoramus won't hear and talk about this.
How many christian universities are free in the world?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Supercee01(m): 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
Bishop David Oyedepo pays my house rent, children School fees and am a beneficiary of the empowerment programmes and soo on. My kids dont attend any of His School. Yet every year the church pays every of my Bills. I give God all the praise. (By Gods grace we own lands and a house in Lagos state. To God be the glory.)
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by peacesamuel94(m): 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
lielbree:

I maintain that what ever he gives as charity is not commiserate with the wealth he has and continues to stockpile.. he can afford to feed all poor in his church every Sunday!
The employment opportunities you are talking about is geared towards profit for his organisation.

No matter how much we give, we can never give enough, I see your reasoning line, you are thinking that if truly he is giving, why is it that he continues to get richer. And as the Christian you claim to be, you should have known that in the house of God the more we give, the more we have.

It is sad, that you came to the prompt conclusion that he is not giving enough, even when you are not close to him enough to make such assertions. All you do is stand from afar of and castigate.

The poor will always be in the land, The rich will always do their best to give to them, but they should not be blamed for the poverty of the poor.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by peacesamuel94(m): 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2016
[quote author=lielbree post=50832094]
They will I work without pay?
What is the tithe and offering for? undecided[/quote

If Oyedepo had this kind of mentality, then winners chapel would have being history by now?

The tithe and offering is solely meant for
church planting, as well as to cater for the needs of the church as well as to cater for the welfare committee set up by the church.

The school is run by the school fees payed by the students and not from tithe and offerings.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 5:40am On Nov 12, 2016
oluwatoyinadeol:

I love this. .my simple question is, is that scriptures referring to an entire life or just for some moment.. .am an interpreter of the scripture and not just a reader

y don't u go ahead and analyze it? abi sebi u r d interpreter? and mind u be careful cos I will hold u to ur words...
go and and interprete if
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 5:44am On Nov 12, 2016
Supercee01:
Bishop David Oyedepo pays my house rent, children School fees and am a beneficiary of the empowerment programmes and soo on. My kids dont attend any of His School. Yet every year the church pays every of my Bills. I give God all the praise. (By Gods grace we own lands and a house in Lagos state. To God be the glory.)

is this supposed to make sense u mean u own lands and a house and u can't think of how to use it and u need Oyedepo to give u money? wea is thy brain? abi d "lands" is now being used by ur church?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by bitrade: 6:11am On Feb 24, 2017
bezimo:

Are you aware of Bishop David Oyedepo Foundation that has given scholarships to many indigent students who are members of Winners Chapel to Covenant University and Landmark University.He has given scholarships to more than 150 students since inception, if you are ignorant about this, find out more and be guided on your unfounded criticism so you don't attract devine discipline of "chronic mouth odour" like it happened to that foolish guy that was a victim who later begged for prayer of mercy from Bishop.

Below is the application link for this year
http://www.lmu.edu.ng/all-news/11-news/280-david-oyedepo-foundation-announces-scholarship-scheme#.WB5UyHNOnqA

For international applicants the application like is below
http://www.iefa.org/scholarships/2518/David_Oyedepo_Foundation_Scholarships_for_African_Students
pls any news about this year(2017) scholarship? I would love to apply
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by youngpresidooo: 7:07am On Jul 16, 2017
lielbree:
I stand with him

Church schools must be FREE! or govt should impose heavy tax on them!

Mods someone posted Indecency Rick.... something. Please ban him asap.
and you will be the one to pay the lecturers their salary

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Saint Obi Poses With His Daughter, Fans React: 'She Is Future Miss World' / They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake / Omoruyi Loco Efe: Sam Loco's Son And A Fulani Herdsman Meet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.