Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,321 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:28 PM

Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World (16225 Views)

Fear Not, Your Saviour Is Here!! - Joseph Prince / Otem Sapiens: A Historical Account Of The Saviour Of The World From Mind Slavery / Jesus Christ Is Greater Than The Prophets He Is The Saviour. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by aylagos(m): 9:07am On Nov 06, 2016
Jesus Came to Save the World
John 12:44-50

44 And Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me.

45 And whoever sees me sees him who sent me.

46 I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness.

47 If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

49 For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me commandment—what to say and what to speak.

50 And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me.”

Pls read 44,49,50 carefully

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by aylagos(m): 9:16am On Nov 06, 2016
Cc lalsticlala Seun happy sunday
Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by stonemasonn: 9:20am On Nov 06, 2016
I honestly think Jesus's mission to save the world failed miserably or is yet to succeed after 2000 years.

If we can find all his pure teachings then we'll be a step closer to being saved.

I still believe in him though.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by jonbellion(m): 9:30am On Nov 06, 2016
Why don't you guys ever agree on anything naaaaaa
Why do you people have you're own different interpretations. Is God supposed to be the author of confusion. This is what people like me would see and just try and distance myself from religion altogether and then later some of you would say the devil is my father
Agree for Pete's sake

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by aylagos(m): 9:31am On Nov 06, 2016
stonemasonn:
I honestly think Jesus's mission to save the world failed miserably or is yet to succeed after 2000 years.

If we can find all his pure teachings then we'll be a step closer to being saved.

I still believe in him though.
I still believe in too but some christian call him God and that's annoying thing

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by jonbellion(m): 9:33am On Nov 06, 2016
aylagos:
I still believe in too but some christian call him God and that's annoying thing
but wait oo isn't he God the son

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by aylagos(m): 9:35am On Nov 06, 2016
jonbellion:
Why do you people have you're own different interpretations. Is God supposed to be the author of confusion. This is what people like me would see and just try and distance myself from religion altogether and then later some of you would say the devil is my father
Agree for Pete's sake
agree on the truth that is what I stand for
Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by aylagos(m): 9:37am On Nov 06, 2016
jonbellion:
but wait oo isn't he God the son
don't mind them he is son of God some religion leaders are working for satan
Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by stonemasonn: 9:44am On Nov 06, 2016
aylagos:
Jesus has always been misquoted, misrepresented and misunderstood by almost everyone including his closest pals. He was a mystery to even his disciples.

10 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by aylagos(m): 9:56am On Nov 06, 2016
stonemasonn:
Jesus has always been misquoted, misrepresented and misunderstood by almost everyone including his closest pals. He was a mystery to even his disciples.
true

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by omokab: 10:14am On Nov 06, 2016
You mean jesus that don't even know where Nigeria is located when he was alive, don't know south African don't know USA, don't know China and many more came to deliver the world. No wonder he said he was only sent to the loss sheep of Israel. Meaning to only deliver the people of Israel. Though, I believe in him as a muslim but not as a saviour of the whole world.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by stonemasonn: 10:49am On Nov 06, 2016
omokab:
You mean jesus that don't even know where Nigeria is located when he was alive, don't know south African don't know USA, don't know China and many more came to deliver the world. No wonder he said he was only sent to the loss sheep of Israel. Meaning to only deliver the people of Israel. Though, I believe in him as a muslim but not as a saviour of the whole world.
If you understand the meaning of Jesus the savior of the lost sheep of Israel and by extension the world then it shouldn't be hard for you to believe as a Muslim. He might just be saying that he has come to steer us away from eternal damnation to the right path and this is achieved through spread via evangelism, missionary work etc. you don't need to be in everywhere to be spread your teachings you know, just start with a band of followers.

7 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by EyeHateGod: 10:54am On Nov 06, 2016
aylagos:
Cc lalsticlala Seun happy sunday
grin see Bribe

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by Auki: 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
stonemasonn:
If you understand the meaning of Jesus the savior of the lost sheep of Israel and by extension the world then it shouldn't be hard for you to believe as a Muslim. He might just be saying that he has come to steer us away from eternal damnation to the right path and this is achieved through spread via evangelism, missionary work etc. you don't need to be in everywhere to be spread your teachings you know, just start with a band of followers.

Jesus came to preach to worship God alone and associate no partner (s) to God.

Jesus teaching are universal in relevance just like Mosses, Mohammad etc.

Jesus never claimed to be God or son of God or Trinity.

17 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by Slikbae: 12:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
And all atheists agree right? Nobody is forcing you to join religion. You can start by staying away from the religious section.
jonbellion:
Agree for Pete's sake

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by olaolulazio(m): 12:46pm On Nov 06, 2016
Who send am?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by maximunimpact(m): 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
no comment
Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by LordGuru1: 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
hmmm
Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by sekundosekundo: 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
God my gratitude goes to you alone.

17 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by Ayoswit(f): 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2016
ok
Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by karnela: 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by Egoesjane: 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by shalomdaniel: 12:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
Yeah! Jesus Christ is the true saviour of the world

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by jonbellion(m): 12:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
Slikbae:
And all atheists agree right? Nobody is forcing you to join religion. You can start by staying away from the religious section.
lol atheism isn't a religion. The fact that you couldn't answer the simple question I asked on why you guys can't agree on a doctrine shows that you have no clue of what you believe in
Enjoy chasing your own tail grin
Chao
I'm agnostic btw

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by Slikbae: 12:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
Jesus is God!!

This is what happens when you don't study on your own. In Hebrews 1:8 God the father called Jesus God. The bible says all things were created by Him and for Him. Jesus is God in the flesh. Just like man also exists in trinity that is the spirit, soul and body. So also God exsits in trinity (God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit.) If God himself says they are one, who are you to say otherwise??

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by missvera(f): 12:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
Ayamu supportin the motion wink

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by McIroncock: 12:52pm On Nov 06, 2016
Jesus (a Jew) came to save me (Nigerian)

and he died for me?

Na, he died for his mistakes and joblessness.
A 30 year old man who walked into weddings and turned water to wine.. If na you, you go drink?

A 30 year old man who walked around with 12 men, just making noise up and dan the village, even spoiling market one day?

Im village people tire for the matter, carry the guy man hang for cross, u say na my sins im die for? No kill me with laff abeg.

Take a look at a map. You're in a small country off the coast of West Africa. Try to locate Israel on that map and estimate the distance between you and Israel. Think about the number of cultures, governments, people, histories and stories that you'd journey through if you were to trek to Israel by foot. So someone who was killed in one small village there was dying for your sins? I pity you.

You have an African body but a foreign mind. Your God resides in Israel, likes Mount Horeb and you fervently wait and hope for a new Jerusalem.

Are you African in skin or thought? The Bible you believe in wasn't written by yo, for you or to you. If it were, romans 2:9 would be igbo 2:9, 1 Corinthians would be 1 Yoruba...

your mind has been so polluted that you see the crucifixion of a mere carpenter in the cross as salvation for your misdemeanors. The one who proudly professes to be a Gentile, who denies his own history and people so he may suck at the bosom of Abraham?.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by Audray(f): 12:52pm On Nov 06, 2016
I thought god and Jesus were one.The holy trinity blah blah blah .Xtians be confusing themselves upandan.

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by TI1919(m): 12:54pm On Nov 06, 2016
cool
Re: Jesus Christ Is The Saviour Of The World by MuttleyLaff: 12:54pm On Nov 06, 2016
aylagos:
Jesus christ is the saviour of the world not God
5In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very natureb of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father

- Philippians 2:5-11

Technically, your remark is correct, as God gave away that credit of Savior of the world to Jesus, FOR making it possible
Jesus is the facilitator, God the Father is the brain behind the Save the World project

aylagos:
Jesus Came to Save the World
John 12:44-50
44 And Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me.
[size=5pt]45 And whoever sees me sees him who sent me.
46 I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness.
47 If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.[/size]
49 For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me commandment—what to say and what to speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me.”

Pls read 44,49,50 carefully
Please dont be in a haste to answer these, think about the questions carefully aylagos:
1) Is there anything impossible for God to do?
2) Is it impossible for God be in two places at the same time?
(e.g. be in Heaven as God the Father and be on Earth as God the Son, at the same)
3) At what point did God become a Father?

#3 Answer:
Well Abraham did not know God as a Father because God was not a Father then in Abraham's lifetime

God become a Father when God became incarnate in Jesus (i.e. when Jesus was born)
which according to Genesis 1:26, is where man is who the legally allowed to operate on earth

God is bound by His word in Genesis 1:26, and hence God needed a suit, a human being body, in order to legally operate on earth to be the Savior of mankind

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mbaka: One Kobo Of Buhari's Money Has Never Entered My Hand / Time To Worship The African God / Do Catholics Really Worship Mary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.