Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled (26441 Views)

NDA Kaduna Expels Cadets For Indiscipline / What Are The Departments In NDA? / Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Danpotter(m): 10:32am On Nov 06, 2016
Tongues are now wagging in military circles over the fitness or otherwise of many of the cadets undergoing training course in the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), as well as several others recruited into the armed forces.

The latest revelation followed the death of four cadets who reportedly died in the nations’ premier military institution, early October and three weeks after the resumption of their training.

The NDA, established in the 1960s, runs a five-year course, four of which is purely for academics with little military training, leading to the award of B.Sc. or B.A. honours while the remaining one year is for full military training.

The premier military institution, for the first time since its existence, produced female combatants officers in the Army, Navy and Airforce, last September, while it admitted about 250 cadets this year, including female cadets.

Following the death of the four cadets, 53 others found medically unfit for the rigours involved in the training course were sent packing, even as it has been revealed that politicians were imposing candidates on the foremost military institution.

Informed military sources disclosed to Saturday Tribune that the death of the four cadets in the course of the training caused much anxiety, forcing the military authorities to reassess its selection procedure into the academy.

Saturday Tribune gathered that military board of inquiry recommended a medical re-examination of all the cadets selected and admitted for the 2016 academic year, and discovered that 53 others were not medically fit to be admitted to go through the strenuous course and were thus expelled.

It was further disclosed to Saturday Tribune that the politicians (whose names were not mentioned) are of the habit of insisting on admission of unfit cadets, as against the established norm where physical and medical fitness were parts of the requirement for the admission of would-be cadets.

This alleged imposition of intending cadets, though said to be a common phenomenon since the return of democracy in 1999, has become a source of worry and concern for the military command, it was learnt.

“The elevation of godfatherism has become more worrisome as it is depriving a lot of qualified and medically fit candidates the opportunity to be selected into the armed forces, unlike what obtained up till the early 1980s when admission into military institutions was strictly based on ability to pass all required examinations and medical tests.

“But these days, the situation is different as intending candidates now look for politicians from their areas to submit their names to military authorities, either to be selected into NDA or to be recruited into the military.

“This has led to pressure on those conducting these examinations to succumb to the whims and caprices of the politicians.

“If this situation is not checked, it will destroy the military which is known for its tradition of discipline because such unfit candidates are coming from one politician or the other. The earlier this practice is checked, the better for the country,” the military source said.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/uproar-death-4-cadets-nda-53-others-expelled/

5 Likes

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by maxti: 10:57am On Nov 06, 2016
Too bad!
We do things forgetting we might get hurt in the process

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:26am On Nov 06, 2016
When those qualified are not taken cos of Quotas and Religion factors chiefly promoted by the North against Intelligence and Courage!!

RIP to the dead!

NDA should be for those that qualify and Willing.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by nely(m): 11:48am On Nov 06, 2016
I can't forgive those that screened me out cos of nobody submitted my name, all my life and my dreams were to be in the army but cos i had nobody,nobody selected me, gave up hope and went to the university had to sort myself out even with my good grades, now out of uni, had to sort so that your name will be among those going to service in a favourable state, even in camp people still sort to go to town ot they send you to village, after service, they still expect you to sort or no job for you, one day they would tell me to sort for my life or I will die, Nigerians what is wrong with us?

108 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by caesaraba(m): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
When those qualified are not taken cos of Quotas and Religion factors chiefly promoted by the North against Intelligence and Courage!!

RIP to the dead!

NDA should be for those that qualify and Willing.

I identify as a Christian however I would prefer an army populated largely by Northerners sold on the "One Nigeria" dream than youths from particular regions whose major stock-in-trade is to mass the internet hauling anti-Nigeria rhetorics and exhibiting consistently, traits akin to those of traitors.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by gemale(m): 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2016
If 2 say pple no die, I 4 don tlk ntoor 2 D pple wey dey behind ds magomago. So because u wnt ur godson 2 answer general in d future & award u inflated contracts, u Cldnt check & make sure dt he/she is thoroughly fit or u tnk say NDA na place person go siddon cross leg dey drink malt mixed wt evaporated milk? Nw all dt 1 don end 4 dead body mata. E no beta if d person go normal uni? We r d 1s dt wld kill ourselves in ds coun3. 1 of my padi den 4 skul wey im papa na retired general tell me wetin im papa do am. I'm enta 4 NDA pass d written exam. Im don do all d physical things finish na so e reach make im c Dr. D Dr run tests on top am wey make sense. Yawa start when Dr ask am ques abt im medical history. Na so d guy innocently reveal say im do appendectomy when im small. D Dr tell am straight up say dem no fit take am because d training fit trigger some complications later. Na so d guy vex carry mata reach im papa dey xpct say im papa go use connects epp am. Im shock when im papa tlk no say wetin dem tlk na true. Sharplaly, im papa go arrange hw im go use im jamb enta University. Na until pple start dey act lyk dt guy papa b4 things go improve 4 ds coun3. Abeg make dem also court marshal all those pple 4 d armed forces board wey dey in charge of D nda admission. D army is supposed 2 b a place free 4rm political manipulation. D politicians involved shld also b named & if dey occupy any position in public office b removed & arraigned b4 s court of law. Ds needs 2 stop.

14 Likes

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Coldfaya(m): 7:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
nely:
I can't forgive those that screened me out cos of nobody submitted my name, all my life and my dreams were to be in the army but cos o have nobody,nobody selected me, gave up hope and went to the university had to sort myself out even my my good grades, now out of uni, had to sort so that your name will be among those going to service in a favourable state, even in camp people still sort to go to town ot they send you to.village, after service, they still expect you to sort or no job for you, one day they would tell me tk sort for my life or I will die, Nigerians what is wrong with us?

my brother nothing is new in Nigeria again o. even for party now sef you go need to sort or get connect before them fit serve you plate of rice. everything na connection

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Jamaticulus(m): 7:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
NDA....where connection of the highest esteem reigns
Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by sakalisis(m): 7:36am On Nov 07, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by jiinxed: 7:37am On Nov 07, 2016
Why would a sane individual want to join any of these stuff in nigeria? Na craze?

2 Likes

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Unsad(m): 7:38am On Nov 07, 2016
It's not the first time they're dying. My friend there always tell me gory tales of what goes on in that place. God bless the lost souls.

1 Like

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 7:39am On Nov 07, 2016
Dicke bitchees talking out their jaws....
Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Holluwahsheyi(m): 7:41am On Nov 07, 2016
hmmm
Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 07, 2016
Nawa o
Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 07, 2016
jiinxed:
Why would a sane individual want to join any of these stuff in nigeria? Na craze?

Is it your join? grin

11 Likes

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by swisschris(m): 7:47am On Nov 07, 2016
I am a Us soldier and I'll tell you any day/anytime, Nigerian soldier are mighty but they lack modern equipment and actual combat readiness training. There leadership so far is the worst I've seen, all they do is Bully, torture and ridicule you. Here if the army breaks you, or injure or they're fixing/paying for that. #Nigeriaisnotworthdyingfor #Mightysoldiers #Trainedtokill

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 07, 2016
nely:
I can't forgive those that screened me out cos of nobody submitted my name, all my life and my dreams were to be in the army but cos o have nobody,nobody selected me, gave up hope and went to the university had to sort myself out even my my good grades, now out of uni, had to sort so that your name will be among those going to service in a favourable state, even in camp people still sort to go to town ot they send you to.village, after service, they still expect you to sort or no job for you, one day they would tell me tk sort for my life or I will die, Nigerians what is wrong with us?
Nigeria is a failed state.

2 Likes

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by brostheo(m): 7:49am On Nov 07, 2016
Other developed countries have started using mental and logical training ,we still here using stale physical method

3 Likes

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by jiinxed: 7:49am On Nov 07, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:

Is it your join? grin

11 Likes

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 07, 2016
swisschris:
I am a Us soldier and I'll tell you any day/anytime, Nigerian soldier are mighty but they lack modern equipment and actual combat readiness training. There leadership so far is the worst I've seen, all they do is Bully, torture and ridicule you. Here if the army breaks you, or injure or they're fixing/paying for that. #Nigeriaisnotworthdyingfor #Mightysoldiers #Trainedtokill
#Fact... soldiers in Nigeria see themselves as gods harassin innocent civilians.

7 Likes

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Lokoyen(m): 7:50am On Nov 07, 2016
God fatherism is really killing Nigeria. Until it is completely removed Nigeria won't progress.

1 Like

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Paperwhite(m): 7:54am On Nov 07, 2016
Nigeria is indeed sick in every aspects of it national life.Always sacrificing merit for mediocrity. undecided

1 Like

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 07, 2016
jiinxed:

U wan beat me?...

2 Likes

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by kennyjam: 7:56am On Nov 07, 2016
God Dey see all. RIP to the Dead.
Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Lagusta(m): 7:58am On Nov 07, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by friedcorn: 7:59am On Nov 07, 2016
I dont pity them. Those qualified were booted out person them no get connection, same thing that happened in all government agencies and ministries.

Una neva see anytin

more shall die!

2 Likes

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Aliyullahi(m): 8:00am On Nov 07, 2016
The reason being that those that came in through those our silly politicians would never be disqualified if found unfit by the body. They would never be allowed to undergo rigours of full military training.
What do we even expect when Governors and some kings have access to the NDA form which is always sold to the highest bidder.
I sometimes look at the current military body and shake my head for Nigeria..... undecided

1 Like

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by princealexndre(m): 8:01am On Nov 07, 2016
Bro is in the Nda oh... God help him
Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by bobokunlexzy: 8:02am On Nov 07, 2016
My dear fellow Nigerians, if u truly value ur life, run from any military sch/training ooo. Politricks has infiltrate 9ja military & we all know anything wey our politics dey involved na die o. If u doubt me, go & ask Eedris Abdulkareem "Nigeria jagajaga" crooner.
Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by Christane: 8:05am On Nov 07, 2016
the rich also get expelled and they also die ..the rich also cry ...the rich tink NDA is meant 4 dem nd no slot 4 d common man ..afta al dose yrs wasted dy were expelled ...congratualation to dem al.

2 Likes

Re: Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled by cescky(m): 8:14am On Nov 07, 2016
caesaraba:

I identify as a Christian however I would prefer an army populated largely by Northerners sold on the "One Nigeria" dream than youths from particular regions whose major stock-in-trade is to mass the internet hauling anti-Nigeria rhetorics and exhibiting consistently, traits akin to those of traitors.
Hmm

Well we all now the region forcing their stooges on the army....check other paramilitary them full there

Keep deluding ur self if they call u an ars#e licker it's hurts ...and that is what ur
exhibiting...ur post would have made sense if your commander in Chiefs since 1960 had been non bias, objective and non bigotry .

Ur post is no sense one because the institute called Nigeria is sick and only the healthy can identify sickness a man that has been sick for so long thinks it's normal to be sick ... My brother the wrongness of Nigeria has taken away your natural reasoning and sense of right and wrong away ....what is wrong is wrong and two wrongs can not make right.

U and ur likes are the problem with Nigeria...unfortunately it's the same u that wants one Nigeria which is commendable the sooner u and people of like mind are flushed out the better for the state

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: UNN "Vintage" Damsels Of '60s And '70s. / Hilarious PICTURE Of THOSE days in Primary School / Statistics Of Out Of School Children Per Regions In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.