Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat (1799 Views)

Nigerian-American Andre Tyler-Iguodala Wins NBA Final MVP / Picture Of Abedi Pele With Kids Andre And Jordan After 1992 Final with CV!! / Andre Dede Ayew Is BBC African Footballer Of 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by rasputinn(m): 10:26am On Oct 30, 2009
[b]Andre Agassi's shock drug confession[/b]TENNIS legend Andre Agassi, winner of eight Grand Slams, used crystal meth in 1997 and will describe the experience in his forthcoming autobiography.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,1,26271248-12428,00.html

My question is,why confess now?bloody cheat  angry angry angry,I don't care if you're Andre Agassi or Obama,a cheat is a cheat

Are there nairalanders out there who feel as dissappointed as I am in Andre and his very convenient confession?

Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by rasputinn(m): 10:32am On Oct 30, 2009
I wonder is Mrs Agassi,I mean Steffi Graf knew about this and if she did,for how long has she known?if for long,then I won't put it past her to be a drug cheat too.Couples tend to share everything(including drugs),remember CJ Hunter and Marion Jones?

I guess only time will tell
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by rasputinn(m): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2009
Finally one of the few remaining clean sports is being dragged in the mud,thanks Mr Steffi Graf,hope you're proud of your stupid self now angry angry
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by dominique(f): 11:57am On Oct 30, 2009
i dont get it, why would he want to drag the good name in the mud? to sell a book? thats real bad marketing strategy. i think the crystal meth has affected his brains in worse ways than we think and i believe his wifey was also using it with him.
at least he waited till his retirement before coming "clean". . . very smart.
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by dominique(f): 11:59am On Oct 30, 2009
and whats going to happen to all his grand slam titles now that everybody (including the ATP) knows that he's a self confessed junkie.
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by rasputinn(m): 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2009
dominique:

i dont get it, why would he want to drag the good name in the mud? to sell a book? thats real bad marketing strategy. i think the crystal meth has affected his brains in worse ways than we thinkh him and i believe his wifey was also using it with him.
at least he waited till his retirement before coming "clean". . . very smart.

I concur

dominique:

and whats going to happen to all his grand slam titles now that everybody (including the ATP) knows that he's a self confessed junkie.

That's the million-dollar question
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by member67023: 11:32am On Oct 31, 2009
Who knows if Federer or Nadal are not using banned drugs now,

Later they will start confessing as if the are honest people.

In March 09, Gasquet tested positive for cocaine, he explained that he inadvertently consumed the drug after kissing a woman who had consumed it at a party.. Good idea, right?
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by RuuDie(m): 4:49pm On Oct 31, 2009
. . . . . like Christ said "let he without sin cast the first stone"

thumbs up to agassi for coming clean even when he could go to his grave without the truth ever being known.

Come to think of it, was crystal-meth even explicitly on the list of banned / prohibited substances at the time of his taking
we need to be sure before jumping into conclusions sometimes!?
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by chic2pimp(m): 6:00pm On Oct 31, 2009
rasputinn:

Andre Agassi's shock drug confession TENNIS legend Andre Agassi, winner of eight Grand Slams, used crystal meth in 1997 and will describe the experience in his forthcoming autobiography.

rasputinn:

I wonder is Mrs Agassi,I mean Steffi Graf knew about this and if she did,for how long has she known?

How is that possible when the only started see each other in 1999? undecided
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by rasputinn(m): 1:10pm On Nov 01, 2009
chic2pimp:

How is that possible when the only started see each other in 1999? undecided

If you believe the JUNKIE only used the stuff in '97,then you'd believe anything.Even if that were to be so,from 1997 to now is such a long time,why didn't we here it from her that her husband confided in her that he has been on drugs,or you mean to tell me he kept it from her tooI maintain she's not completely innocent.Junkie spouses have a way "winning over" their spouses to the junkie ways.Bobby and Whitney,CJ Hunter and Marion Jones,Andre Agassi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by rasputinn(m): 7:43am On Nov 11, 2009
[size=16pt]Safin blasts "guilty" Agassi [/size]

Tuesday, 10, Nov 2009 04:53

By Michael Younger.

Former world number one Marat Safin believes Andre Agassi should give his tennis titles back after confessing he tested positive for a banned substance during his career and lied about it to the ATP.

The Russian, who plans to retire this month, said in an interview with L'Equipe newspaper on Tuesday that Agassi should "give his titles, his money and his Grand Slam titles back".

"OK, so he feels guilty? Then he should give back his titles, his money and his Grand Slams," Safin said.

"If he's about fair play, he should go all the way. You know, the ATP have a bank account, he can pay them back if he wants to.
"The question is: why has he done that? What's done is done. He wants to sell more books? That's completely stupid.

"I'm not defending the ATP, but what he said puts them in a bad position. The ATP allowed him to win lots of tournaments and lots of money and kept his secret, so why be bad to them? Sometimes you need to know when to shut up."

Agassi wrote in his autobiography "Open" that he used crystal meth in 1997 and failed a drug test - a result he says was thrown out after he lied by saying he "unwittingly" took the substance.

The World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) are said to be currently investigating whether to lay fresh charges against Agassi.

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/sport/tennis/safin-blasts-guilty-agassi-$1339727.htm
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by FBS: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2009
No this is not possible. . .Folks from the "west" don't cheat - Sagamite 2009. grin
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by DrKitaun(m): 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2009
LOL . . .

FBS, ur wahala too much jare . . .

u can imagine how bleeped Sagamite would feel right now that Westerners are even the ones unveiling their own follies of unmitigated cheating at all levels grin
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by No2Atheism(m): 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2009
If Andre Agassi were Black , he would have been exposed a long time ago . . . but to be frank and to give the guy a benefit of a doubt. The question is whether or not the drugs he took are performance enhancing or whether they are just mood changers. . .
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by No2Atheism(m): 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2009
RuuDie:

. . . . . like Christ said "let he without sin cast the first stone"

thumbs up to agassi for coming clean even when he could go to his grave without the truth ever being known.

True talk . . .
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by rasputinn(m): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2009
No2Atheism:

If Andre Agassi were Black , he would have been exposed a long time ago

Of course
Re: Andre Agassi Is A Drug Cheat by rasputinn(m): 9:29am On Nov 13, 2009
No2Atheism:

. . . but to be frank and to give the guy a benefit of a doubt. The question is whether or not the drugs he took are performance enhancing or whether they are just mood changers. . .

shocked shocked shocked This is unbelievable.No sir the drugs are for erection
The dude is a self-confessed cheat,period

(1) (Reply)

Osaze Odemwingie hits back at 'racist' Russian fans / Nba Fan Pass '10 - '11 / Watch Champions League, Premiership and All Sports Channels Live On Your Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.