Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks (53165 Views)

Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty / Coca-cola Halts Production As Co2 Shortage Affects Soft Drinks / Nigeria Ranks 4th In Soft Drinks Consumption Globally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Phranex(m): 11:46pm On Nov 06, 2016
Tiny23:

the thread was closed?

Yes... You nor know
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
Phranex:

Yes... You nor know

I didn't know

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 06, 2016
lefulefu:
Thank god the only liquid i drink is water but then this one they saying soft drinks can cause breast cancer in women... Seems i will switch frm buying soft drink for my girl to buying viju milk for her.

viju milk is hard drink,right?
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 07, 2016
I drink a lot of yogurts so I'm safe
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by sagieramos(m): 12:27am On Nov 07, 2016
Oyiboman69:
Something must kill a man

yes, something must kill a man. but having a feeble health before going to the grave is worst. meanwhile, aspartame (one of the major ingredient in any soft drinks) is factually proven to cause harm with no health benefit. infact, it kills your organs by just injesting it. it is much more better to take kunu or zobo

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Gkemz: 12:37am On Nov 07, 2016
I may agree with other points but i disagree with point number 5 which says it can make one violent. Did it make me violent? Of course not

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Hustlerlomo(m): 2:00am On Nov 07, 2016
UNAPAPA101:
too much of sugar is bad its killed my late mum

So na sugar Kill your mama... Hear urself bros.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by PatAkpos: 4:02am On Nov 07, 2016
Drinking water & consuming natural fruits are the best options for a healthy living but as its a free world, you can choose to sniff cocaine & drink ogogoro; your choice. cool

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Ahmeduana(m): 4:43am On Nov 07, 2016
ademoladeji:
I Sha like Coke...
TILL END OF TIME. i say make i help you complete am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by madjune(m): 4:52am On Nov 07, 2016
aneneGod:
U drink beer na wahala, u take soft drink na quanta. Wetin Una want make we do.

Drink your urine.

It's very nourishing.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by viktor01(m): 5:47am On Nov 07, 2016
Yea, OP is right. I have indeed cut down on my soft drink intake,,not just soft drinks but packet poisons called JUNKS.

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by toprealman: 5:49am On Nov 07, 2016
Adaowerri111:
so water is the only safe liquid abi
not at all. that one too has its own medical significance.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Nobody: 5:59am On Nov 07, 2016
ademoladeji:
I Sha like Coke...
I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Coca-Cola too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Daddykuyt(m): 6:00am On Nov 07, 2016
Abeg make we hear word. Soft drinks na still Water, abi una no dey read una Bible? Where Jesus turn water into wine.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Daddykuyt(m): 6:01am On Nov 07, 2016
Abeg make we hear word. Soft drinks na still Water, abi una no dey read una Bible? Where Jesus turn water into wine. Abeg make una all story for the gods.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by sarz(m): 6:16am On Nov 07, 2016
"They can Make One Violent: A study carried out on teenagers found a link between drinking fizzy drinks, violence and the likelihood of them carrying a weapon. The researchers found that even teenagers who drank just two cans a week were more aggressive towards their friends"

so soft drink ma d high pesin reach dis kin point abi...op u must be joking
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by SweetJoystick(m): 6:27am On Nov 07, 2016
Yewandequeen:
Na wa oooooo
Don't eat this don't drink that, side effect of this and that.

What will be left to be consumed Na?
Sperm
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Ugogenius(m): 6:31am On Nov 07, 2016
Thanks for educating me.
Healinicblog:
Soft drinks etc is one of the most consumed beverages in the Nigeria, second only to water. Here in Nigeria, we consumes upto 57 gallons of soft drinks per person every year as form of refreshment after a hectic day, on the road during a frustrating traffics form of entertsinment and all that, as if it wasn’t full of sugary calories. But what’s happening inside the bodies of soda consumers with each sip?,sugary drinks increase the risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and other chronic conditions. So today Healinic will be discussing more on dangers of soft drinks.. awareness as they say is far better than cure..

Here are the Reasons Why you need to Reduce Soft drinks intake.

1 High Risk of Cancer : There have been many studies that have looked at the links between various types of cancer and fizzy drink consumption,
Drinking just one fizzy drink a day could increase a man’s chance of developing prostate cancer by around 40 per cent, secondly Drinking just one-and-a-half cans a day can increase a girl's breast cancer risk by per cent and lastly Some chemicals that are used to colour soft drinks can cause cancer.

2. They Can Cause Diabetes: Sugar-laden drinks have been proven to increase cases of Type 2 diabetes. A study conducted between 1990 and 2000 estimated that the increased consumption of sugar-sweetened drinks contributed to 130,000 new cases of diabetes.

3. They Can Cause Premature Birth in Women: Pregnant women were warned against drinking diet fizzy drinks after a study taken in Denmark on 60,000 women. Those who drank artificially sweetened soft drinks, whether fizzy or still, were found to be more likely to give birth prematurely. It was thought that the chemicals in the artificial sweetner changed the wombs of the women.

4. They Can Damage the Brain: As well as affecting the body, fizzy drinks have been found to alter the protein levels in the brain, which could lead to hyperactivity.

5. They can Make One Violent: A study carried out on teenagers found a link between drinking fizzy drinks, violence and the likelihood of them carrying a weapon. The researchers found that even teenagers who drank just two cans a week were more aggressive towards their friends and those who drank five or more cans a week were also more likely to have drunk alcohol or smoked at least once in the previous month.

6. Liver Damage : A study from 2009 found that sugary drinks can cause fatty liver disease and drinking just two cans per day could lead to liver damage.

Beverage companies know the haphazard sugar cycle all too well. In the United States, they spend approximately $3.2 billion in marketing each year in an effort to tempt consumers to pick up a liter of brown bubbly sugar with their pizza, or a case of cans for their child’s next birthday party. Those little children have an 80 percent increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes if they become regular soda drinkers. Their future will be one full of kidney problems, reproductive issues, osteoporosis, asthma, and bad teeth with dissolved tooth enamel.

Drink up!

Health Source >> : http://healinic..com.ng/2016/11/6-dangers-of-soft-drinks-read.html#more
thanks for educating me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Wolfbrother(m): 6:43am On Nov 07, 2016
Healinicblog:

Health Source >> : http://healinic..com.ng/2016/11/6-dangers-of-soft-drinks-read.html#more

At least do small research before posting misleading things like this, dont just copy and paste

1 High Risk of Cancer

FALSE http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20060815/fizzy-drinks-dont-cause-cancers http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/diet-soda/faq-20057855

3. They Can Cause Premature Birth in Women

FALSE, NOT PROVEN http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20100820/study-diet-sodas-may-raise-risk-preterm-delivery#1

4. They Can Damage the Brain

FALSE bruh... just False... seriously false

5. They can Make One Violent

False

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by blueskies(f): 6:57am On Nov 07, 2016
Yea, d op is right. Consistent consumption of soft drinks for a period of time is harmful because of d high quantitiy of sugar as well as the preservatives and additives added. All dese chemicals make them harmful. Infact soft drinks such as diet coke for e.g dat contain artificial sweetners like aspartame, saccharine, acesulfame k are much more sweeter than d normal sugar and so consumin them are much more dangerous also because dey r chemicals(artificials), if consumed consistently with time

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Revolva(m): 7:12am On Nov 07, 2016
u drink beer dem go complain..you drink liquor na d same complain now soft drink...omo one tin must kill a man
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by LeonMacJames(m): 7:12am On Nov 07, 2016
Adaowerri111:
is like you've not heard of the dangers of drinking water. All this pple should go and sit down, something must kill a man, best way is to consume whatever u are consuming in moderation
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Brightgem(f): 7:25am On Nov 07, 2016
RayRayZicc:
in other words.....i should stop drinking coke? you must be mad
What is you must be mad inside? what u do with the info is ur headache, take it or leave it. Soft drinks especially that coke is addictive, so mayb its the coke that is talking not u. People take their health for granted, your body is the only place u have to live in so take car of it. Pipo follow yourhealthattitude.com for some health posts.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Brightgem(f): 7:30am On Nov 07, 2016
sagieramos:

yes, something must kill a man. but having a feeble health before going to the grave is worst. meanwhile, aspartame (one of the major ingredient in any soft drinks) is factually proven to cause harm with no health benefit. infact, it kills your organs by just injesting it. it is much more better to take kunu or zobo
leave them. let them keep ingesting sugar, poison, preservatives. Some take coke every single day, later when diabetes or Cancer strike, they will say but no one in my family has this. The cost of illness never jam some pipo.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by omojeesu(m): 7:33am On Nov 07, 2016
Adaowerri111:

No, not only water, but also natural fruit juices (not factory produced), natural wine e.g. palm wine.

To be safe these too must be free from germs and chemical contaminants.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by omojeesu(m): 7:39am On Nov 07, 2016
LeonMacJames:
is like you've not heard of the dangers of drinking water. All this pple should go and sit down, something must kill a man, best way is to consume whatever u are consuming in moderation

Right on moderation.

Wrong on 'something must kill a man'. Very wrong attitude. If you don't value your life, your loved ones do.

Your health is the most important resource that makes your survival useful and productive. Take care of it.

Those who sell the products are ONLY after their profit not your health. You are the architect of your health.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by omojeesu(m): 7:46am On Nov 07, 2016
Brightgem:
leave them. let them keep ingesting sugar, poison, preservatives. Some take coke every single day, later when diabetes or Cancer strike, they will say but no one in my family has this. The cost of illness never jam some pipo.

THEY HAVE BEEN CAPTURED BY THEIR TASTE BUDS. AND BECAUSE THE BAD EFFECTS OF THESE JUNK DRINKS (AND FOODS) ARE NOT IMMEDIATE PEOPLE ASSUME IT IS OK TO TAKE THEM. WHILE THEIR PRODUCERS SMILE TO THE BANKS AT EXPENSE OF CONSUMERS' HEALTH AND LIFE.

IGNORANCE AND RESISTANCE TO GOOD CHANGE ALWAYS DESTROY.

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by professore(m): 7:46am On Nov 07, 2016
Tell them
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by omojeesu(m): 7:51am On Nov 07, 2016
Wolfbrother:

At least do small research before posting misleading things like this, dont just copy and paste

1 High Risk of Cancer

FALSE http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20060815/fizzy-drinks-dont-cause-cancers http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/diet-soda/faq-20057855

3. They Can Cause Premature Birth in Women

FALSE, NOT PROVEN http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20100820/study-diet-sodas-may-raise-risk-preterm-delivery#1

4. They Can Damage the Brain

FALSE bruh... just False... seriously false

5. They can Make One Violent

False

THE PEOPLE YOU QUOTE ARE THE ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE. THERE IS ABUNDANT RESEARCH TO THE CONTRARY IGNORED BY THE REGULATORS FOR REASONS BEST KNOWN TO THEM.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by KORLAR(m): 7:51am On Nov 07, 2016
kennygee:
After cutting off soft drinks from my diet, I went from a size 12 to a size 8.

And I'm loving my new body.

Why so cute?
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by omojeesu(m): 7:55am On Nov 07, 2016
tosyne2much:
All I know is that, abstinence from soft drinks is not a determinat of how long you will live on earth. Person wey go live lo g go live long, person wey go get stroke go get stroke

DEAD WRONG!

ITS NOT WHATEVER WILL BE WILL BE.

YOU INFLUENCE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU IN LIFE ULTIMATELY.

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Ribajae(m): 7:59am On Nov 07, 2016
God knows I drink only like half gallon every five years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Housewife’s 1980s Grocery List Goes Viral / What Is This Fruit Called In English? / What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.