Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks (53151 Views)

Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty / Coca-cola Halts Production As Co2 Shortage Affects Soft Drinks / Nigeria Ranks 4th In Soft Drinks Consumption Globally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by klassykute(m): 8:03am On Nov 07, 2016
kennygee:
After cutting off soft drinks from my diet, I went from a size 12 to a size 8.

And I'm loving my new body.
. I laf u .
lol
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by klassykute(m): 8:04am On Nov 07, 2016
Yewandequeen:
Na wa oooooo
Don't eat this don't drink that, side effect of this and that.

What will be left to be consumed Na?
I know .. DAT WHITE CREAMY SLIMLY MILK
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by ceejay80s(m): 8:06am On Nov 07, 2016
Healinicblog:
Soft drinks etc is one of the most consumed beverages in the Nigeria, second only to water. Here in Nigeria, we consumes upto 57 gallons of soft drinks per person every year as form of refreshment after a hectic day, on the road during a frustrating traffics form of entertsinment and all that, as if it wasn’t full of sugary calories. But what’s happening inside the bodies of soda consumers with each sip?,sugary drinks increase the risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and other chronic conditions. So today Healinic will be discussing more on dangers of soft drinks.. awareness as they say is far better than cure..

Here are the Reasons Why you need to Reduce Soft drinks intake.

1 High Risk of Cancer : There have been many studies that have looked at the links between various types of cancer and fizzy drink consumption,
Drinking just one fizzy drink a day could increase a man’s chance of developing prostate cancer by around 40 per cent, secondly Drinking just one-and-a-half cans a day can increase a girl's breast cancer risk by per cent and lastly Some chemicals that are used to colour soft drinks can cause cancer.

2. They Can Cause Diabetes: Sugar-laden drinks have been proven to increase cases of Type 2 diabetes. A study conducted between 1990 and 2000 estimated that the increased consumption of sugar-sweetened drinks contributed to 130,000 new cases of diabetes.

3. They Can Cause Premature Birth in Women: Pregnant women were warned against drinking diet fizzy drinks after a study taken in Denmark on 60,000 women. Those who drank artificially sweetened soft drinks, whether fizzy or still, were found to be more likely to give birth prematurely. It was thought that the chemicals in the artificial sweetner changed the wombs of the women.

4. They Can Damage the Brain: As well as affecting the body, fizzy drinks have been found to alter the protein levels in the brain, which could lead to hyperactivity.

5. They can Make One Violent: A study carried out on teenagers found a link between drinking fizzy drinks, violence and the likelihood of them carrying a weapon. The researchers found that even teenagers who drank just two cans a week were more aggressive towards their friends and those who drank five or more cans a week were also more likely to have drunk alcohol or smoked at least once in the previous month.

6. Liver Damage : A study from 2009 found that sugary drinks can cause fatty liver disease and drinking just two cans per day could lead to liver damage.

Beverage companies know the haphazard sugar cycle all too well. In the United States, they spend approximately $3.2 billion in marketing each year in an effort to tempt consumers to pick up a liter of brown bubbly sugar with their pizza, or a case of cans for their child’s next birthday party. Those little children have an 80 percent increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes if they become regular soda drinkers. Their future will be one full of kidney problems, reproductive issues, osteoporosis, asthma, and bad teeth with dissolved tooth enamel.

Drink up!

Health Source >> : http://healinic..com.ng/2016/11/6-dangers-of-soft-drinks-read.html#more

I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION SO MANY TIMES AND NO BODY HAS GIVEN ME AN ANSWER, DOES THIS SO CALLED HERB DRINK THESE HAWKERS SELL ALL AROUND LAGOS CALLED ''AGBO JEDI JEDI'' ,DOES IT REALLY REDUCE OR CLEAR SUGAR INTAKE IN THE BODY?

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by omojeesu(m): 8:07am On Nov 07, 2016
Ighoga898:

don't mind these people.. with d way dey re going about these things, soon there will b no safe food left for one to consume ....

I PITY YOU.

YOU HAVE BEEN BOXED IN BY THE INDUSTRY THAT IS ONLY AFTER THEIR PROFIT NOT YOUR HEALTH. THEY EXPLOIT:

- THE POWER OF SUGAR ADDICTION
- PEOPLE'S IGNORANCE and
- RESISTANT TO CORRECTION

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

YOU ARE THE ARCHITECT OF YOUR HEALTH.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by omojeesu(m): 8:09am On Nov 07, 2016
ademoladeji:
I Sha like Coke...
THEY'VE GOT YOU, WHERE THEY WANT YOU: SWIMMING IN THEIR BOTTLE!
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Wolfbrother(m): 8:10am On Nov 07, 2016
omojeesu:

THE PEOPLE YOU QUOTE ARE THE ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE. THERE IS ABUNDANT RESEARCH TO THE CONTRARY IGNORED BY THE REGULATORS FOR REASONS BEST KNOWN TO THEM.

Post credible sources
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by omojeesu(m): 8:10am On Nov 07, 2016
martineverest:
i wonder btw soft drinks and beer,which is worse

NONE IS GOOD FOR YOU!
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by omojeesu(m): 8:15am On Nov 07, 2016
NevetsIbot:
i still drank close to eight bottles of 7up last week. Choi

CONGRATS!

THE DAMAGE IS NOT IMMEDIATE BUT IN SMALL BITS UNTIL MANY YEARS LATER. THEN YOU CANT LINK YOUR DISEASE TO THEIR PRODUCTS AND CANT SUE THEM EITHER. ANYWAY THEY WOULD HAVE MADE THEIR MONEY OUT OF YOUR IGNORANCE, CARELESSNESS AND RESISTANCE TO CORRECTION.

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by omojeesu(m): 8:15am On Nov 07, 2016
Wolfbrother:

Post credible sources
mercola.com
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by ceejay80s(m): 8:35am On Nov 07, 2016
stilldan001:
But wait.. whats now the best thing to be drinking

AGBO JEDI JEDI DRINK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Biospnx(m): 9:14am On Nov 07, 2016
Dem no kuku put pepsi pixure
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 07, 2016
omojeesu:

I PITY YOU.

YOU HAVE BEEN BOXED IN BY THE INDUSTRY THAT IS ONLY AFTER THEIR PROFIT NOT YOUR HEALTH. THEY EXPLOIT:

- THE POWER OF SUGAR ADDICTION
- PEOPLE'S IGNORANCE and
- RESISTANT TO CORRECTION

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

YOU ARE THE ARCHITECT OF YOUR HEALTH.

thanks, but all I know is that if u consume soft drinks u die if u don't u die too.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 07, 2016
Tiny23:

viju milk is hard drink,right?
na waoh cheesy...na wich one come be hard milk?.i think viju milk is just milk mixed with water or so i think...ehmm OP we need ur help in dis matter smiley
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by NevetsIbot(m): 9:45am On Nov 07, 2016
omojeesu:

CONGRATS!

THE DAMAGE IS NOT IMMEDIATE BUT IN SMALL BITS UNTIL MANY YEARS LATER. THEN YOU CANT LINK YOUR DISEASE TO THEIR PRODUCTS AND CANT SUE THEM EITHER. ANYWAY THEY WOULD HAVE MADE THEIR MONEY OUT OF YOUR IGNORANCE, CARELESSNESS AND RESISTANCE TO CORRECTION.
lol.. Baba.. When did i drink it, when did the warning come out?

Dumb nigerians always wanna sound smart......... Yu culd clearly see that i was regretting taking that much... Moreover, i only drank that ammount this year.....
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by pamcode(m): 9:46am On Nov 07, 2016
The devil is a liar just a month and some days to christmas and this is coming out. No power can stop me from gulping a crate of soft drinks this yuletide season and New year.
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by omojeesu(m): 9:54am On Nov 07, 2016
Ighoga898:

thanks, but all I know is that if u consume soft drinks u die if u don't u die too.

People need good health even in old age. We should aim at aging gracefully. Sickness can be prevented. Sickness not only affects the sick it affects family members who are taking care of the sick.

Some people are so sick they wish to die but death wont come. Too many of us take our health for granted. We think it will always be there. We do little or nothing to deliberately preserve it. We only act when we break down. Sometimes its too late even when we go to India.

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by omojeesu(m): 9:57am On Nov 07, 2016
NevetsIbot:
lol.. Baba.. When did i drink it, when did the warning come out?

Dumb nigerians always wanna sound smart......... Yu culd clearly see that i was regretting taking that much... Moreover, i only drank that ammount this year.....

ITS GOOD IT WAS ONE TIME INDULGENCE!
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by sagieramos(m): 10:22am On Nov 07, 2016
Brightgem:
leave them. let them keep ingesting sugar, poison, preservatives. Some take coke every single day, later when diabetes or Cancer strike, they will say but no one in my family has this. The cost of illness never jam some pipo.

May be dey never see cancer patient b4, or dey never see person with kidney failure. i can't tell what kills faster between ignorance and negligence

1 Like

Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by glossy6(f): 10:52am On Nov 07, 2016
I take soft drinks once in a blue moon, mostly in traffic but am gonna stop
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by mrtegation99(m): 11:13am On Nov 07, 2016
Whether we drink or not
Man must die
Like if True Share if Yes
Quote if Correct
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Kaybaba5(m): 11:50am On Nov 07, 2016
Only God can save us ooooh
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by QueenEKAMMA(f): 11:58am On Nov 07, 2016
ceospecial:
when God is involved, you will drink this beverages and it wouldn't affect your health. Just add a little exercise to it.
AND DON'T FORGET, ''HEAVEN HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES".
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2016
Adaowerri111:
so water is the only safe liquid abi

Yes oooooooo

Natural food kills not
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2016
Wolfbrother:

At least do small research before posting misleading things like this, dont just copy and paste

1 High Risk of Cancer

FALSE http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20060815/fizzy-drinks-dont-cause-cancers http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/diet-soda/faq-20057855

3. They Can Cause Premature Birth in Women

FALSE, NOT PROVEN http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20100820/study-diet-sodas-may-raise-risk-preterm-delivery#1

4. They Can Damage the Brain

FALSE bruh... just False... seriously false

5. They can Make One Violent

False
thanks for clearifying the issue bro
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Jadapinket: 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2016
My people my people this is awareness ,one thing must kill a man but then caution should be taken for too much of everything we all know is bad.....our health should be paramount ...
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by obontami2: 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2016
Itsmepuffpuff
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by bimsite(f): 11:40am On Nov 08, 2016
Drink water
Re: 6 Dangers Of Soft Drinks by Healinicblog: 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2016
read this >>>> http://healinic..com.ng/2015/05/why-taking-concotions-agbo-is-harmful.html

I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION SO MANY TIMES AND NO BODY HAS GIVEN ME AN ANSWER, DOES THIS SO CALLED HERB DRINK THESE HAWKERS SELL ALL AROUND LAGOS CALLED ''AGBO JEDI JEDI'' ,DOES IT REALLY REDUCE OR CLEAR SUGAR INTAKE IN THE BODY?

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect / Man Selling Expired Yogurt In Kaduna Dealt With (photos) / Lady Shares Free Food To Lagos Residents. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.