Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady (2120 Views)

"I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu / “Marriage Not On My Mind”, Ooni Of Ife Debunks Rumour Of Marrying Tope Adesegun / Emir Sanusi Wants To Stop Poor Men From Marrying More Than One Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by kinkonp: 11:23pm On Nov 06, 2016

Yoruba girls will meet your definition of archaic and indigenous women who know how to play their cards well in marriages. You can be sure that they would handle the affairs of your home with wisdom as they seem to have gathered a wealth of experiences before being married.
Since we have talked about the important things to know before marrying an Igbo girl, it would not be fair for us not to check out the same for Yoruba girls. Yoruba girls have interesting cultural background, there are many interesting sides to them.
There are many things you need to know about Yoruba girls if you want to marry them; this would at least prepare your mind as to what to expect in the marriage.
Marriage is a life long journey that you need to prepare for. It is a bit tasking as two different individuals with different orientation and backgrounds are coming together to become a unit. It is definitely not a child’s play.
Coming back to Yoruba girls, they are ladies that would not fall your hand when you take them out to parties. The way they would blend at the party would make you think they were born for that purpose alone. They would never fall your hand as they always find a way of representing one way or the other.

Before we delve into the issue at hand, we know you like Yoruba ladies because of their huge backside. Find below some of the things you should know about Yoruba girls before you go on to marry one:
1. Your Saturdays will be filled with events

Before you get married to a Yoruba girl, you should know that her Saturdays would be booked. There would always one party of the other for her to attend. Even when she does not have valid invitation card, she would find a way to create a bond with the host and give you a reason why she has to be there.
They take it upon themselves to celebrate with people around them. This means you will keep buying asoebi as long as you are married to them.

2. They will kill you with greetings
Its a well know fact that Yoruba girls are so respectful. They would greet you in the morning when they wake up and when you are leaving for work. There is always a greeting for everything they do and they do not ever get tired of it.
Even when they do not like you, they would still do their normal greetings. Once they recognize you have money, they would not stop greeting you till you drop something.

3. You need to have a certain level of hygiene yourself
Before you go on to marry that Yoruba girl, you need to have a certain level of hygiene yourself. This means that you must be someone who cannot tolerate dirt in your immediate environment.
Most Yoruba girls struggle in this area and you have to be ready to encourage them while you upgrade them to your level of cleanliness.

4. They Love To Cook

Yoruba girls are wonderful cooks; they do not mind cooking morning, afternoon and night for you. They would feed you well while you are married to them. You can be sure that they would take care of your children too. They would train them the best way they could and feed them well.

5. They know how well to tie a man down
If you know all you want to do is play, then please know the kind of girls you would choose. Yoruba girls would always find a way to clinch to you once they like you. Before long, they would be carrying your child.
Don’t even bother talking to them about abortion. This means you have gotten yourself a baby mama. Yoruba girls do not mind getting pregnant for you if it means they would get a share of your properties.

6. They are good dressers

Yoruba girls can never get it wrong with their dressing. Please, we are not talking about those ones that have not seen the modern day light. Every tribe has people like these amidst them.
But the modern day Yoruba girls can dress for Africa. They know how to tie their gele so well you would be proud of them there and then.

7. You have to learn how to eat pepper

If you want to marry a Yoruba girl, then you have to be prepared for all the spices that would enter your life. Yoruba people love eating pepper; they would add this to every meal they cook. Even their puff-puff has pepper in it.
If you have ulcer and do not like pepper, you may need to leave special instructions for your wife to be otherwise, she would flood your life with pepper.

http://aimtoget.com/board/Others/7-Basic-Things-You-Should-Know-Before-Marrying-A-Yoruba-Lady.291.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by thesicilian: 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2016
You didn't talk about the juju they'll use on you if you dare step on their toes
Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by padi94(m): 11:37pm On Nov 06, 2016
Tah yoruba women dnt like to cook jare.
They would rather prefer to buy food outside

2 Likes

Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by kinkonp: 11:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
thesicilian:
You didn't talk about the juju they'll use on you if you dare step on their toes

lolz.. u can include it naaaaaa
Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by kinkonp: 11:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
padi94:
Tah yoruba women dnt like to cook jare.
They would rather prefer to buy food outside

hmmmm this is not true ... youruba really like cooking oooooo
Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 07, 2016
☆>÷》¥₩%]} ¥%₩=

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by ojun50(m): 12:20am On Nov 07, 2016
Yoruba girls knw hw to cook? Which food do they hv that they want to cook?

Op no let me vex for u oh bt still yet i love my yoruba girl nd am gettin married to an ijebu girl sha after igbo people too like money.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 07, 2016
ojun50:

Op no let me vex for u oh bt still yet i love my yoruba girl nd am gettin married to an ijebu girl sha after igbo people too like money.
so, you are ibo and you want to marry a Yoruba babe Nd you are doubting her cooking skills shocked. Something is wrong sir.

Op, all this thing up there is individual thingny not tribe things.
Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by holatin(m): 1:53am On Nov 07, 2016
thesicilian:
really tell me more and an your tribe consist of the holy than you women.

yeye dey jog
Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by holatin(m): 1:56am On Nov 07, 2016
ojun50:

really so if you marry DAT ijebu girl na sand you go chop ?

since you claim you don't know the food we have, better think again before marrying the "ijebu" girl, abi na sacrifice you go chop
Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by thesicilian: 5:36am On Nov 07, 2016
holatin:
really tell me more and an your tribe consist of the holy than you women.

yeye dey jog
I wonder why the truth hurts so much...
Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by holatin(m): 6:37am On Nov 07, 2016
thesicilian:
I wonder why the truth hurts so much...
where d truth
Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by orimsamsam(m): 2:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
ojun50:

we're are u from
Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 09, 2016
Yorubas are beautiful too.
Re: 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady by babyfaceafrica: 12:23am On Nov 10, 2016
Nansense post,hasty generalization!!!....rabbish!!!

(1) (Reply)

Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? / House Guests From Hell! / Facts You Don't Know About Kogi West Senatorial District(okun-yorubas)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.