Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Body Itching After Bath - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Body Itching After Bath (4375 Views)

Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? / Living With Aquagenic Priuritus (After-Bath Body Itch) / Body Itching After Bath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Body Itching After Bath by Marymos: 11:58am On Oct 30, 2009
I've been suffering from body itching after taking my bath mostly when i used sponge.The itching will last for about 6 minutes and stop.I was told some time ago that am suffering from pheleria(the spelling may not be correct).I went to a doctor a year ago but he could not provide any solution.Can anybody in the house help me out?I don't know if that is what is affecting my eyes as well.My eyes also itches me but occasionally.
Re: Body Itching After Bath by agathamari(f): 6:55pm On Oct 30, 2009
stop using the sponge, you may be alergic to it. try changing soaps try using a differnt type of sponge/louffa (made from different materials)
Re: Body Itching After Bath by coolier(f): 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2009
Are you female? Are you pregnant?
Re: Body Itching After Bath by Marymos: 10:01am On Nov 02, 2009
@agathamari,thanx for your concern.I was adviced some years ago not to use sponge and whenever i dont use it it doesn't itch me.But on rear occasion even if i don't use sponge my body itches.

@coolier,I'm not pregnant.
Re: Body Itching After Bath by exchange1: 9:08pm On Nov 02, 2009
A salt free diet is the best for itch; you can resume salt after you are cured. Take tomatoes and green gram for lunch and bread and green vegetables for dinner. In case green gram is not available, eat germinated gram.

Itching skin may be covered with a light paste of coconut oil and lime juice. That will destroy the germs that cause the itch. Keep away from members of the family, as itch is contagious.
Re: Body Itching After Bath by agathamari(f): 9:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
Marymos:

@agathamari,thanx for your concern.I was adviced some years ago not to use sponge and whenever i dont use it it doesn't itch me.But on rear occasion even if i don't use sponge my body itches.

@coolier,I'm not pregnant.
have you been tested for dermititis or any skin infections or diabetes? are you drinking enough fluids durring the day, or is your skin really dry? if really bad try an oatmeal or milk (1 cup to a bathtub of water) soak.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Committee Advises Enugu Government On Stricter Enforcement Measures / How Can I Cure Nettle Rashes ("inarun" In Yoruba) / Double Root Coffee - Secret To Male Sexual Activeness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.