Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,286 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Why You Should Be Cautious Of Foods And Drinks In This Period - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why You Should Be Cautious Of Foods And Drinks In This Period (565 Views)

Gtbank Food And Drinks Festival 2019 / See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria / Types Of Foods To Avoid If You Have Stomach Ulcers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Be Cautious Of Foods And Drinks In This Period by ascek(m): 12:24pm On Nov 07, 2016
I cannot substantiate what I am about to say with documented evidence, but I know it will be happening in majority of the food processing companies. This is not to say the pharmaceutical industries are left out.
The rising cost of raw materials in Nigeria is enough to suffocate many of these companies to death. I strongly believe that part of the coping mechanism for company survival is to adopt alternatives to the preferred raw materials. I can observe that the cost of raw materials have tripled , yet cost finished products did not double except for products that cannot be manipulated or have alternatives.
I will simply advice people to go organic for now. I refuse to agree that processed foods from our food industries are wholesomely safe for consumption without future consequences.
For sake of patriotism I will say buy your processed foods wisely. lt is not enough to follow the food label, just eat that food with a little expectations of what you see on the food label.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Promo Promo! / Spanish Omelete / 6 Amazing Ice Cream Facts You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.