Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? (16662 Views)

Man Shares His First Car Experience In 2002 / Cars Submerged By Flood In Calabar As Man Climbs On Top His Car And Relaxes / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by NemzySeries(m): 1:14am On Nov 08, 2016
18wheeler:
1999 Honda Accord. Got it in 2008 and still being used by wifey. I've done an average journey of 600km weekly for about 1yr 9mths (zaria-shinkafi-zaria). Car has served me well as I've lived in Kaduna, zamfara, Daura, Yola and Maiduguri with it. I even drove it this morning and it feels the same save for some noise in the wheels I suspect worn out bearings. My experience with it.... Thanksgiving.
nice 1......pls i'll b going to zamfara by early nxt year to resume work, aw gud is d place & watz d best medium of getting a care arnd dere?

1 Like

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by macsilver(m): 2:06am On Nov 08, 2016
Volkswagen Bora. Nice car

2 Likes

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by metallisc(m): 4:49am On Nov 08, 2016
ba7man:
Mine was a 2001 Honda Accord (babyboy) manual gear bought in 2011.

The day before, a car splashed water on me on Allen avenue and it the danfo bus on my way back at the end of the day, I spotted the car.

Next day, I bought the car and it was a wonderful experience. It wasn't as fast as the BMW 5 series I had access to in school but the joys of rowing through gears trying not to drop revs was epic.

It was roomy , durable and looked better than the other option I had (pencil light).

A mechanic that was supposed to do the simple job of installation a new battery placed the terminals wrongly and it fried things in the car.

From that moment, it was one electrical problem to the other........ till another mech tried fixing it and smoke started coming out from underneath the dashboard.

It took weeks to rectify all the damage done to its electricals but eventually, I got it sorted..... phew.

I later crashed it in traffic while being careless(After driving it for 2yrs)..... I got home and put it up for sale. The next day, some Hausa guys from Borno came and paid for it immediately....... I spent the money and became a pedestrian again till I bought my current car.

shocked shocked shocked and you didn't suspect anything? bros, your car has been used for suicide bombing somewhere! gbam! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by 0gbeni(m): 6:09am On Nov 08, 2016
my first car was a golf 3 auto. Got it in medical school ..Rough, rugged and incredibly fast,the only issue is the transmission,which has given me serious headaches

Would recommend the car to anybody (manual version though)

3 Likes

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by deebest8(m): 6:54am On Nov 08, 2016
Wow Peugeot 504 I really enjoyed d car den later sold it 55k after abandoned it for 4 yrs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 08, 2016
Mine was a Nissan Bluebird, 2 litre engine with 8 plugs, .

Desperately needed a car to commute when I was in Abj, the Bluebird was the quickest choice, it was reliable spacies and quite heavey for its size.

Had to make some serious modifications to the vehicle as the ECU gave me trouble converted to carburettor reduced plugs to 4.

The vehicle never broke down on the road inspite of its age, had to re ring the engine as I discovered it was consuming too much oil.

It's one of the last Nissan products that was designed with an engine, body and transmission built to last.

Even the body had no rust issues inspite of its age.

Too bad Nissan decided to build flashy cars that are nothing more than glorified lemons, with poor transmissions, fuzzy electricals and aluminum engines that consume oil even when mileage is below 10,000km.

The Bluebird is rare now, as any unit you come across will require serious reconditioning.

I have since moved on to VW and have no regrets. grin

2 Likes

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by Nmanuanu(f): 10:48am On Nov 08, 2016
shortgun:
My 1st love was Mercedes 190E. I still miss her ruggedness.
I almost shade tears d day I sold her.

You don't "shade" tears, you "shed" tears. You are welcome grin

1 Like

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by 18wheeler: 1:49pm On Nov 08, 2016
NemzySeries:

nice 1......pls i'll b going to zamfara by early nxt year to resume work, aw gud is d place & watz d best medium of getting a care arnd dere?
The place is just there. Generally peaceful but not so lively as per social activity. Things may have changed sha because I left in 2009, some 7years now. Cost of living is also relatively low. You can save a lot of money as there aren't many things to spend on except basic needs.
As for getting a car, I will advise you travel to katsina, kano or Kaduna to get one. There you find variety and lower prices. Such privilege is limited in zamfara.
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by zsch: 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2016
captain247:
Am still cruising my first car Toyota Solara SE 2006, though am about selling it but will still buy the same Solara this time will be 2007 model. Am so in love with Solara that if u ask me my 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice of car I will tell you it's Toyota Solara SE.

Nice. Very few people can abide a 2-door car. Has moving things around been an issue?
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by captain247: 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
zsch:

Nice. Very few people can abide a 2-door car. Has moving things around been an issue?

Not at all the trunk is big enough to contain much items. I actually like it for it security reasons especially in traffic.
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by shortgun(m): 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
Nmanuanu:

ohh, Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by NemzySeries(m): 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2016
18wheeler:

The place is just there. Generally peaceful but not so lively as per social activity. Things may have changed sha because I left in 2009, some 7years now. Cost of living is also relatively low. You can save a lot of money as there aren't many things to spend on except basic needs.
As for getting a car, I will advise you travel to katsina, kano or Kaduna to get one. There you find variety and lower prices. Such privilege is limited in zamfara.
fankz bro.....well appreciated......wat abt getting a car frm sokoto since it appears close to zamfara coupled wit d fact dat itz a border state?
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by Philadelphia: 7:05pm On Nov 08, 2016
Nmanuanu:

I saw that too but didn't know how much. How much did he "shade" them?

1 Like

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by kjhova(m): 10:31pm On Nov 08, 2016
3kay945:

Isn't the 4runner cool? Cos am trying getting one soon.

The 4runner is cool oh and I'm loving it. Please ignore the sad face emoticon in my earlier post as it was Nairaland auto transforming 3 question marks into the ugly sad face!
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by 18wheeler: 7:03am On Nov 09, 2016
NemzySeries:

fankz bro.....well appreciated......wat abt getting a car frm sokoto since it appears close to zamfara coupled wit d fact dat itz a border state?
I have little info on sokoto car market. I know it's border is not as busy as katsina(Jibiya,kongolam) and kano in terms of cars. While there i remember 3 colleagues who went from zamfara to Kano and Kaduna to get their cars. Even mine I got from Kaduna.
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by frrank(m): 9:07am On Nov 10, 2016
nwajesus12:
Got it from SEME, #3.9m

That's nice. Thanks for the response. I love the ride.
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by frrank(m): 9:15am On Nov 10, 2016
nwajesus12:
Got it from SEME, #3.9m

Please, which model is it?
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by frrank(m): 9:16am On Nov 10, 2016
captain247:
Am still cruising my first car Toyota Solara SE 2006, though am about selling it but will still buy the same Solara this time will be 2007 model. Am so in love with Solara that if u ask me my 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice of car I will tell you it's Toyota Solara SE.

Why do you like Solara so much? please kindly share
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by captain247: 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2016
frrank:

Why do you like Solara so much? please kindly share

Am very much comfortable with Solara when driving and even when someone else is driving me, it doesn't give headache of huge mechanical repairs and it flies on the road. It has its own Auto-Security lock Door and it's two door makes police angry most time when I have people seated behind.

1 Like

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by ba7man(m): 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2016
metallisc:

shocked shocked shocked and you didn't suspect anything? bros, your car has been used for suicide bombing somewhere! gbam! grin grin grin
I swear, it crossed my mind......but I just collected the nylon bag of cash and walked home.
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by VeeBabs(m): 12:23pm On Nov 11, 2016
jaz:
Mine was 2008 mitsubushi outlander xls v6. Great suv. Planning to upgrade to 2011 outlander gt

Hi, have you sold your 2008 Outlander yet? I have somebody who's presently looking for that same one (V6, XLS), and might be very well interested in picking it up from you, seeing that you intend to upgrade. Let me know ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by nervorum: 10:59pm On Dec 18, 2016
Mine was a 92 honda civic, blue, manual transmission with alloy rims..great car for me then; enjoyed it as i never had problems with the car, aside worn out tires.. it was stolen in broad day light on 31/5/14 at Wuse zone 4 in front of IGi house. Painful thing was i changed to brand new tires 5 days prior to when it was stolen..i loved that car: DL390ABC, still have the papers, keys and photos.
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by freecharles(m): 1:33am On Dec 19, 2016
ba7man:

The day before, a car splashed water on me on Allen avenue and it the danfo bus on my way back at the end of the day, I spotted the car.

Next day, I bought the car and it was a wonderful experience. It wasn't as fast as the BMW 5 series I had access to in school but the joys of rowing through gears trying not to drop revs was epic.

It was roomy , durable and looked better than the other option I had (pencil light).

A mechanic that was supposed to do the simple job of installation a new battery placed the terminals wrongly and it fried things in the car.

From that moment, it was one electrical problem to the other........ till another mech tried fixing it and smoke started coming out from underneath the dashboard.

It took weeks to rectify all the damage done to its electricals but eventually, I got it sorted..... phew.

I later crashed it in traffic while being careless(After driving it for 2yrs)..... I got home and put it up for sale. The next day, some Hausa guys from Borno came and paid for it immediately....... I spent the money and became a pedestrian again till I bought my current car.

This Allen Avenue sha...That was where someone splashed water on me too smiley I just carry eyes real quick and crossed the road sharparlay make another car no jam me.
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by iboboyswag(m): 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
Honda 2008 black on black..... Got it in 2014 and still serving strong expect for that annoying rattle on the cam
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by Timagex(m): 11:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
captain247:
please tell me more about this car. Thanks
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 27, 2019
captain247:

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by anyibig: 11:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
captain247:

I really love this car.. I plan to buy the sle, v6, non convertible..... Please will really appreciate if you can tell me more about this car. Its going to be my first car though. Thanks
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by captain247: 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2019
anyibig:

I really love this car.. I plan to buy the sle, v6, non convertible..... Please will really appreciate if you can tell me more about this car. Its going to be my first car though. Thanks

The car has very good engine spec but not economical as regards fuel consumption compare to some other type of engines. There is full comfortability and run like jet , best for far journey. It has good security system too with it's auto lock on the doors when gear is moved from park position. Nigeria road is not good for d car unless ur route is good cause of it's low bumper in front. Also most mechanic do not know much about the car so it's best if u do repairs in an automobile shop otherwise they will be fixing your car with that of Toyota Camry parts. The car doesn't give headache at all.
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2019
ba7man:

Why is our story so similar.
You drove baby boy as first same!? Same here.
Was it manual, same here!
Do you derive joy from shifting gear and trying to maintain pace!? Same here!
Did you sell it and spend the money then trekked for 1 year before buying another? Same here!!!
Bros, are you my twin brother!!!? grin

1 Like

Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2019
Just got ma first car this year. Toyota Venza, and its a gift to me after my youth service. Its still working perfectly and in good condition.. Still learning how to drive though. buh gettin perfect by the day...
But you can lie sha!!! What actually prompt you to like when absolutely unnecessary?
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by ba7man(m): 12:07am On Jul 07, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Why is our story so similar.
You drove baby boy as first same!? Same here.
Was it manual, same here!
Do you derive joy from shifting gear and trying to maintain pace!? Same here!
Did you sell it and spend the money then trekked for 1 year before buying another? Same here!!!
Bros, are you my twin brother!!!? grin
grin grin grin I can say we walked in each other's shoes.
Re: Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? by Jhayflamez: 9:17pm On Feb 01, 2021
Josiah1150:
well i dont av a car yet... My daddy first car was a toyota starlet old model... The day that my dad brought the car home we rejoiced and immediately we took d car to church and the car was casted nd binded against every evil will we didnt know that we brought a demonic evil ordained car to our house with us....frm 1 problem to another... This nd that till it get to 1 saturday we were all rejoicing singing nd going to church when we were exactly at central area at abuja suddenly something made us to keep quiet our car's back isle losened and the car stopped on the middle of the highway. i noticed something my daddy's happy face turned into a frowned ugly figure that i hardly understood that he was once my dad he then yelled his lungs out that we should all run out from the car with immediate allacrity and we did just the exact and we were out of hell.... We kept on gazing at our ride... Not longer that few minutes we saw a bullion van charging towards our car lo and behold someone was heavily breathing i turned noticed that it was my daddy... He was sweating profusely his eyes was blood red and it looked watery.. We all waited for the worst to happen when suddenly the driver swerved the bullion van and it dodged our car... I turned to see my monster looking dad smiling and hailing the great driver for his good work... Just then some hausa boys went into the road and halted other moving vehicles... Then we pushed our car to a more safer side of the road... With a great relief my dad called for a mechanic who did a great job ... We went to church gave our testimony and we went home with a joyful heart..... December reached and we were happy that we are going to the village with our first ride...my mom disapproved our going with the car due to this reason 1)poor headlamp even a nokia 1208 torchlight is more brighter............ 2) my father has never drive to the village ... My father said that the devil is controlling my mom he said let us go to the village with the sole aim of making our enemy to cry we then started our journey we hailed our dad that he is already an expert for spending about 2Hours on the 1 way road then we saw two boys waving there hands indicating that we should stop the car in other to help them to their location as they enter we drove off suddenly our car stopped my dad went out opened the bonnet he fixed the problem but closing back the bonnet was war for him if he closes the bonnet the other far end will open he started sweating,,, i began to hear small laughs which then grrew louder i turned to see those helpless boys laughing i wanted to scold them but i stopped and remembered a proverb saying ''if u cant beat them join them'' i immediately joined there choral group i laughed but not aloud i only laugh inside my stomach i took my dad like 20min b4 the bonnet closed we continued our journey after dropping the boys and it became dark my dad switched the headlamps but it was 1 that ignited and there was a great dissapointment in the face of my dad we continue moving until a latest flashy car blinded our eyes with its powerful light immediately my dad lost control and entered a deep pothole the car changed it direction towards a fence my dad swerved the car to the left and thank God all this happened when no car was moving tro and frro the car then sped through a bush then it stopped after a while all the car trafficatory lights where displaying we smelt burning in the car then my dad immediately ran towards the car bonnet he opened it and unplugged the head of the battery then people came to our rescue and they took us to our village with another car the following morning our car just looked like a tattered carton...a towing van came and took our car to a close mechanic site...the mechanics kept calling high prices that my dad couldn't afford so some people known as +baban boular+ came and negotiated a price with my dad for him to sell the condemned car to them he agreed and they did a good job by butchering the car into a fine pieces and the tyre was given to children to roll........ And thats my experience on having a car......

I loved it ��

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Amazing Advantages Of Manual Transmission Vehicles You Never Knew / How Cars Are Stolen, And How You Can Safeguade Yours / Points To Consider When Getting Your First Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.