Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,993 members, 7,799,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

How To Stop People From Hacking Your Wifi - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Stop People From Hacking Your Wifi (879 Views)

Boosting Your Wifi Speed And Other Phone Hacks. / How To Detect Devices Connected To Your Wifi Network / How To Stop People From Using Your Hacking Your Wifi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop People From Hacking Your Wifi by timigateng: 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
One of the problems people face is that other people can't keep secrets. Yes, secrets! With my experience as a network engineer for one of the leading internet service providers in Nigeria, I have found out that one of the secrets that people often let out is wifi passwords. You give a colleague a wifi password on trust, he gives it to his crush who works in the same company on trust, and she in turn gives it to another of her colleagues who gives it to the driver who gives it to the chef who gives it to the security guard... It keeps going on and on until the company starts experiencing a very slow network.
So what do you do? Simple! You change the wifi password, and on it goes again. Now you will say
"what if i just log a few people who need internet on there system to work in without letting them know the password?" Just go to their systems and log them in. That way, they cant tell other people what the password is and can't connect their phones and tabs as well. That seems like a smart move until you see the image below.
Read more here: http://www.timigate.com/2016/11/how-to-configure-mac-filtering-on-your.html#more

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Be Web Designer And Or Developer.....read This... / Fargo Pro. L Printer For Sale / How To Extend The Lifespan Of Your PC Battery - FSS Researchers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.