Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

I Need Local Balance Diet - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Need Local Balance Diet (6937 Views)

A Unique Balance Diet Menu For Families / Daily Balance Diet Table For One Yr Old Baby / Please Help With Balance Diet Timetable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Local Balance Diet by DONFASZY(m): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2009
I NEED LOCAL BALANCE DIET

THE WORD LOCAL THERE USED IS FOR FOOD I CAN GET IN LAGOS CITY RESTURANT / MAMA PUT / ROADSIDE?

LITTLE COOKING COS I DONT LIKE COOKING,

CAN ANYONE ADVISE?

LOCAL BALANCE DIET? RICE,BEAN,YAM,ETC, WHY I NEED THIS IS because ALL I EAT IS 95% CARBOHYDRATE

GOD HELP US O,
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by semid4lyfe(m): 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2009
Kai! Laugh wan kill me die. Some mothers do have 'em. Oya, dieticians in the house over to una.
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by cvibe: 4:49pm On Oct 31, 2009
Eat fruits and vegetables!
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by Abeem(m): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2009
In this information age, all we need is access to the Internet, a Computer and few minutes of our time to spare to do some research to get the information we are looking for. Somebody suggested you eat fruit and vegetables; the vegetable he is recommending is not served in many Nigerian restaurants. It is not what we know it to be in Nigeria. Check out this webpage for help: http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_eating_diet.htm
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by vislabraye(m): 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2009
Chai, na wa o.

It is very very easy to get a balanced diet in Lag. Eat lots of fruits and vegetable especially vegetable soup. shikana
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2009
Well, ur lucky fast foods carry enuff health options. You can have salads, with chicken and lave the rice, you can have vegetable soup with garri ( garri has fibre), you can have lots of fruits, beans is also a health y option. You can boil eggs for yourself with brwn bread toasted.hmmm, thats all i can think of now.
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by coolier(f): 8:18pm On Oct 31, 2009
For breakfast try pap and beanballs.
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by Princek12(m): 9:23pm On Oct 31, 2009
You can't mention balanced diet and Naija food in one breath.
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by DisGuy: 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2009
Princek12:

You can't mention balanced diet and Naija food in one breath.

for real! Na so so 'hard' food

eat the hausa diet === milk and soya beans + suya for a month

the problem is many people like to eat heavy stuff thinking it will sustain them for several hours under the sun
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by phuckNL: 11:17pm On Oct 31, 2009
Stop worrying yourself about diets. Cut whatever you eat in half/quarters and spread it out such that you eat like 5 times a day.'
Have you noticed that most in-shape people eat all the time! They eat reasonable portions. It helps your metabolism big time. Here's why it pays to listen attentively during Biology class.
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by vislabraye(m): 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2009
phuck_NL:

Stop worrying yourself about diets. Cut whatever you eat in half/quarters and spread it out such that you eat like 5 times a day.'
Have you noticed that most in-shape people eat all the time! They eat reasonable portions. It helps your metabolism big time. Here's why it pays to listen attentively during Biology class.

i quite agree with you, that's the technique body builders use. But they make sure there's high quantity of protein and vitamin for each meal.
I think getting a balanced diet is not difficult in naija if you have the time and patience. But it's still preferable if you cook them yourself
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by Gamine(f): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2009
Dude

go and eat your vegetables and stop shouting here
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by Nezan(m): 3:03pm On Nov 02, 2009
If to say I be dietitian now wink
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by XKZ(m): 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2009
If you look in your primary four basic science text book you'll see a list of the food classes and examples of each (eg fish is protein).
Then proceed to your mama put and select the appropriate combination.
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by simiad: 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2009
It sounds like you're a guy, so keeping this in mind, here we go,

Breakfast

1 cup Oatmeal (Quaker Oats)
1 Boiled Egg (don't eat the yolk)
1 glass orange juice/1 Medium Grapefruit

Snack
Some carrots (3-4 small ones)
1 Apple

Lunch
1 Serving of coleslaw
Chicken
1 slice of wheat bread

Snack
A handful of groundnuts
water

Dinner
Baked chicken
simple salad i.e. lettuce, cucumber, tomato, corn (whatever you like) - 2 cups
1 cup of brown rice
Water

Try that for starters, let me know if you need more,

General Ideas
- Carrot/Apple/Yogurt salad (check online for recipe, but this is a favorite of mine, if you eat with 2 slices of wheat bread, it'll fill you up)
- Eat more fiber
- I eat yogurt everyday (protein), plus milk products as long as it is low/non fat are pretty healthy)
-- limit white stuff (bread, rice, yam, potatoes). With that being said, if you must eat any of the above, choose potatoes over yam, eat ofada rice (isn't manufactured and takes longer to digest unlike white bread, also has some fiber)
- Eat more protein i.e. beans, chicken, FISH (limit red meat, if you can to none at all or once or less a week)
- Eat lots of veggies and fruit (pick grapefruit, oranges, pears, apples over bananas and pineapple for obvious reasons)
- YOU MUST EXERCISE if you don't already (20 or more minutes of daily walking is perfectly enough)
- Veggies - efo riro w/fish, any naija vegetable soup will do, try not to use palm oil in cooking.
- Avoid vegetable oil - try soybean oil instead
- Boil plaintain instead of frying, trying almost ripe, with efo riro and plenty of fish
- Limit fried food, boil or bake instead - fish, potatoes, chicken, etc.
- Make coleslaw w/as little mayo as possible.

*******This is just my own personal diet, nothing professional***

2 Likes

Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by DONFASZY(m): 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2009
simiad:

Breakfast

Snack
1 Apple

Lunch
1 Serving of coleslaw
Chicken
1 slice of wheat bread

Snack
A handful of groundnuts
water

Dinner
Baked chicken
1 cup of brown rice
Water

Try that for starters, let me know if you need more,

General Ideas
- Carrot/Apple/Yogurt salad (check online for recipe, but this is a favorite of mine, if you eat with 2 slices of wheat bread, it'll fill you up)
- Eat more fiber
- I eat yogurt everyday (protein), plus milk products as long as it is low/non fat are pretty healthy)
-- limit white stuff (bread, rice, yam, potatoes). With that being said, if you must eat any of the above, choose potatoes over yam, eat ofada rice (isn't manufactured and takes longer to digest unlike white bread, also has some fiber)
- Eat more protein i.e. beans, chicken, FISH (limit red meat, if you can to none at all or once or less a week)
- Eat lots of veggies and fruit (pick grapefruit, oranges, pears, apples over bananas and pineapple for obvious reasons)
- YOU MUST EXERCISE if you don't already (20 or more minutes of daily walking is perfectly enough)
- Veggies - efo riro w/fish, any naija vegetable soup will do, try not to use palm oil in cooking.
- Avoid vegetable oil - try soybean oil instead
- Boil plaintain instead of frying, trying almost ripe, with efo riro and plenty of fish
- Limit fried food, boil or bake instead - fish, potatoes, chicken, etc.
- Make coleslaw w/as little mayo as possible.

*******This is just my own personal diet, nothing professional***

u have done well bross
this will do
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by LordReed(m): 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2009
simiad:

Breakfast

Snack
1 Apple

Lunch
1 Serving of coleslaw
Chicken
1 slice of wheat bread

Snack
A handful of groundnuts
water

Dinner
Baked chicken
1 cup of brown rice
Water

Sounds like a diet for fashion models.
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by bawomolo(m): 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2009

how i go chop egg without yolk.

419 diet

Snack
A handful of groundnuts
water

see sufferhead

1 Like

Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by DeepSoul(f): 12:03am On Nov 03, 2009
bawomolo:

how i go chop egg without yolk.

[size=8pt]I tried it once mehn and it wasnt easy oh! Esp if you are tryin 2 separate it whn its raw. D thing go just dey draw anyhow[/size]
simiad:

Thats the hard one for me! Cookin soup without palm oil. Is there a safer alternative?

Anyways here's my small contribution:

Drink loads of water. A sprinkle of lime juice in your water wldnt hurt.

Eat unripe plantain rather than the ripe one (contains more carbs cos of the sweetness).

If you think unripe plantain is boring, you could spice it up by making it into a porridge or eating it with peppersoup.

Peppersoup is another good one. Whn you r hungry (esp at night), eat peppersoup with lots of pepper in it, it has a way of making u feel really full for a long time.

Rather than eat garri (high in starch), eat semovita or wheat flour

Replace red meat with fish.

Replace white bread with wheat bread.

Replace butter with salad (with as little dressin as possible)

Eat chicken without the skin.

Eat loads of beans.

As for eating groundnuts, spice it up with a little cucumber and you'd be surprised at how satisfyin d combo is!

And my new favourite - WATERMELON!

** Having said all these, how do I cure my chocolate cake and pizza addictions? grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by ajayi1(m): 2:41am On Nov 04, 2009
Deep Soul:

[size=8pt]I tried it once mehn and it wasnt easy oh! Esp if you are tryin 2 separate it whn its raw. D thing go just dey draw anyhow[/size]
Thats the hard one for me! Cookin soup without palm oil. Is there a safer alternative?

Anyways here's my small contribution:

Drink loads of water. A sprinkle of lime juice in your water wldnt hurt.

Eat unripe plantain rather than the ripe one (contains more carbs cos of the sweetness).

If you think unripe plantain is boring, you could spice it up by making it into a porridge or eating it with peppersoup.

Peppersoup is another good one. Whn you r hungry (esp at night), eat peppersoup with lots of pepper in it, it has a way of making u feel really full for a long time.

Rather than eat garri (high in starch), eat semovita or wheat flour

Replace red meat with fish.

Replace white bread with wheat bread.

Replace butter with salad (with as little dressin as possible)

Eat chicken without the skin.

Eat loads of beans.

As for eating groundnuts, spice it up with a little cucumber and you'd be surprised at how satisfyin d combo is!

And my new favourite - WATERMELON!

** Having said all these, how do I cure my chocolate cake and pizza addictions? grin

This is cool but no vegetable
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by DisGuy: 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2009

how can you eat unripe plantain it is UNRIPE and green yuck!
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by phuckNL: 8:21am On Nov 09, 2009
Why are you guys wasting your time

@Poster

If you are a guy, then your problem is solved.

keep eating what you eat. Just reduce it by a little amount then stop drinking Coke and all those drinks. Stay away from chocolate and ice cream. This alone if done will drop you by 3-5 pounds in a month. If you want better results do this :

Go to the gym and lift weights. LIFT HEAVY. don't listen to all the people that tell you to perform so many reps.
Do bench presses and use weights that you can only lift for a maximum of 5-6 times. Try increase the weights every 4 weeks or so.

You would build more muscle which will ensure a higher metabolism and will turn your body into a fat buster. Trust me, this is the way to go.
Don't waste your time running for 1hr everyday. You will only end up eating more and it easily gets boring.
Re: I Need Local Balance Diet by GTay(m): 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2009
Jollof Rice
Moi-Moi
Fish
Cole-Slaw
Fresh Juice
grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream / Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business / Nigerian Akara Recipe: How To Make Tasty And Crunchy Akara For Breakfast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.