Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,725 members, 7,802,185 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting (30821 Views)

APC CRISIS: Tinubu Gains Upper Hand, NWC to be Dissolved Next Week / Quit Notice On Igbos: Arewa Youths Make U-turn, Call For Peace Meeting / Amaechi And Wike In Handshake During Peace Meeting On Rivers Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by dre11(m): 5:46am On Nov 08, 2016
By Seye Olumide

‘He may not return to Nigeria until after Ondo polls’

The crisis in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) is taking a turn for the worse. It was learnt that a meeting scheduled for last week Tuesday to resolve the controversy trailing the September 3 governorship primaries in Ondo State won by the former President, Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, did not hold.

A source from the party said he was not aware of any meeting scheduled for last Tuesday, but confirmed the one scheduled for today at the instance of the National Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun.

The Guardian learnt that the National Leader of the APC, Bola Tinubu, who is considered central to the issues, tactically evaded the last Tuesday meeting on the excuse of going abroad for a medical treatment.

Tinubu has been having a running battle with Odigie-Oyegun over the Ondo primaries and had openly called for his removal in a published statement.

Akeredolu, who allegedly got the blessings of some APC leaders led by Odigie-Oyegun and some ministers, won the primaries against Mr. Segun Abraham, the alleged preferred candidate of Tinubu. The situation resulted in the defection of Mr. Olusola Oke, one of the APC governorship aspirants, to the Alliance for Democracy (AD) to pursue his ambition.

As the crisis deepens, there is a rumour that the Abuja caucus is supporting Akeredolu while Tinubu, the Lagos chapter and some stakeholders in the South West zone are backing Oke, a development some people have described as anti-party activity perpetrated by the national leader.

It was learnt that whether the reconciliation meeting was to have been held last week or will hold today, Tinubu is not favourably disposed to attending any meeting with Odigie-Oyegun.

An influential party leader in the South West said: “I am not aware of the last Tuesday meeting but I knew that the national chairman called for a meeting for November 8 and the invitation was extended to some leaders including Chief Bisi Akande and Tinubu. What the agenda is, I don’t know but obviously the national leader is currently in Chicago and may definitely not attend the meeting.”

When The Guardian sought the opinions of some South West APC leaders on the issue, many of them said the crisis was beyond what they would want to get themselves involved in.

One of those approached, however, said : “Did you want me to tell you that some people are involved in anti-party activity when I don’t have any proof? There is a crisis, yes, but it has to do with the leadership of the party. They will resolve it.”

When also asked if Tinubu would return from his medical trip before the election, he retorted, “I am neither Tinubu nor Odigie-Oyegun. You can direct your question to them. I don’t want to get involved.”

Yet another South West member of the party said: “I am not from Lagos or Ondo. It is true I am close to the national leader but that doesn’t mean anything because I belong to the Oyo chapter of APC.”

The Guardian learnt that Tinubu deliberately travelled abroad to avoid going to Ondo to campaign for Akeredolu. “For instance, it would look abnormal if President Muhammadu Buhari goes to Ondo to campaign for Akeredolu and Tinubu fails to follow him. The best bet for him is to stay out of the country until the Ondo election is conducted.”

It was also alleged that some leaders of the Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere are sympathetic to Tinubu over his plight in the APC and by so doing have decided to give their blessings to Oke, whom the national leader is allegedly supporting.

But the National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, Mr. Yinka Odumakin dismissed the insinuation, saying he was not aware of such sympathy.

“I don’t have any interest in the Ondo governorship election outside the fact that the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) candidate, Mr. Eyitayo Jegede was shortchanged and his mandate transferred to Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim under questionable circumstances.”

“That development speaks volume about the kind of shenanigans Nigerians should anticipate in the conduct of the election. I doubt if there is going to be a level playing field for all the candidates to test their popularity before the electorate.”

Odumakin who said he spoke for himself, further denied having any sympathy for the APC. “I don’t belong to their party and Afenifere is not into partisan politics,” he said.

http://m.guardian.ng/news/apc-crisis-deepens-as-tinubu-evades-peace-meeting/

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by jcross19: 5:49am On Nov 08, 2016
Used and dumped!!!!. Buhari is afraid of tinubu and is doing anything to clamp down his wings hope this action won't back fire on apc.

One thing people don't get is that you can't have two captain in the ship , one must go for one but in apc they have more than four captains which will quick bring the disintegration of the party.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by danemenike: 5:56am On Nov 08, 2016
It's alright..... When has the cost of building a house ever reduced? Friends it is time for you to take the leap of faith and start building your dream house... Check my signature for beautiful building/structural design.

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by Teacher1776(m): 5:57am On Nov 08, 2016
I have gone through the APC constitution, and there is no provision there for the office of the National Leader of the party which Tinubu is parading. Where then is the legal backing for this overrated title

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by Florblu(f): 5:58am On Nov 08, 2016
I dunno why Nigeria politics should revolve around Tinubu but then I still love the man.
JAGABAN!!!

7 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by Teacher1776(m): 5:58am On Nov 08, 2016
I have gone through the APC constitution, and there is no provision there for the office of the National Leader of the party which Tinubu is parading. Where then is the legal backing for this overrated title?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by Tolexander: 5:59am On Nov 08, 2016
Teacher1776:
I have gone through the APC constitution, and there is no provision there for the office of the National Leader of the party which Tinubu is parading. Where then is the legal backing for this overrated title
Tinubu is not parading any title.

The APC members only felt needing to confer the title on him for his role and sagacity.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:00am On Nov 08, 2016
2019 go intersting die.

To Buhari Fans Who Believes Buhari Won Without Tinubu's Influence:

Remember that Buari was an un-marketable, un-sellable & unelectable mallam to Nigeria and Nigerians till Tinubu came in with his marketing strategy, don't underestimate him, he still has that power & capacity.

77 Likes 12 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by Siberia101: 6:01am On Nov 08, 2016
Good One.

I'm Okay With Anything That Will Bring a Final End To The Devilish Party Called APC.

Tinubu tongue

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by okosodo: 6:05am On Nov 08, 2016
A house that is built on mischief and propganda will be swept away when the wind of conscience comes around

30 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 08, 2016
Ayam coming, let me go ask the owl-eyed man wetin happen, the vex don too much.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by Omexonomy: 6:17am On Nov 08, 2016
The worst and most evil thing to happen to a man who is a the national leader of a so called sophisticated and highly inteligent people is to be use and dump by a dull and dumb man.
Click share if you agree with me
Click like if you disagree with me

58 Likes 28 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by spiritmedium(m): 6:26am On Nov 08, 2016
2019 will be exciting in terms of political alliances

3 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by joeprince23(m): 6:29am On Nov 08, 2016
TINUBU is really playing with fire,i know he is seen as jagaban in SW but make no mistake his influence is largely restricted to the SW, he is about to learn that the hard way... #senatorOlakaNwogu rivers-southeast #PDP

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by sirfee(m): 6:29am On Nov 08, 2016
The beginning of the end

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by Paperwhite(m): 6:33am On Nov 08, 2016
And some Afonjas have continued to play the proverbial ostrich-denying the no love lost relationship between their principal,Buhari & the APC.

12 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by Fedayeen02: 6:38am On Nov 08, 2016
Florblu:
I dunno why Nigeria politics should revolve around Tinubu but then I still love the man.
JAGABAN!!!
Happy Birthday
Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by GenbIoodykiller: 6:39am On Nov 08, 2016
nothing gives me joy seeing hausa zombies and yoruba zombies taking sides grin

guys like fizznation has bluntly made his stand without sending any barga while QuotaSystem made his own by supporting Buhari's candidate against the wishes of yoruba zombies like my beloved modath and the rest grin
while yoruba zombies just sidan dey look cool

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by Paperwhite(m): 6:40am On Nov 08, 2016
Tolexander:
Tinubu is not parading any title.

The APC members only felt needing to confer the title on him for his role and sagacity.
Then that made him the figure head unconstitutional national leader that he was.A used & dumped desperado after helping to install this unimaginable catastrophe of a president on us.I have no pity for him

19 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by chemicalDisease: 6:41am On Nov 08, 2016
Self exile.

Tinubu on the run.
Afonjas and cowardice is like 5 .....

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:41am On Nov 08, 2016
Tinubu Sorry grin

8 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by morbeta(m): 6:55am On Nov 08, 2016
Tinubu should chop chill, cos no man is an island and should stop seeing himself as a tree that makes a forest. His political relevance might hit the rock if he enters thug if war with these Fulani cabal. He should learn from Awolowo and Abiola's political experience and demise in the hands of the north.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by LMAyedun(m): 6:56am On Nov 08, 2016
APC is the biggest scam in Nigeria

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 08, 2016
Tinubu led south west to recession, high exchange rate of Naira and Dollar as well as economic suffering. He made a useless choice.

He has failed the region.

Nonsense.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by googlepikins: 7:17am On Nov 08, 2016
We must probe these companies

20 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 08, 2016
Awon werey 100% , pls answer present when you hear your name!

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by malel1: 7:24am On Nov 08, 2016
Florblu:
JAGABAN!!!

It does not revolve around him, rather some stupid fools and media are over hyping him just for nothing

7 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by policy12: 7:46am On Nov 08, 2016
Hmmm let them shine while time last....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 08, 2016
Tinubu is just wasting his time. BUHARI is in charge

6 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting by acunon: 7:55am On Nov 08, 2016
The fall of APC, is the rise of Nigeria!!!!!!!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Speaks With Dalung On Phone From London Over His Wife's Death / Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening / Tinubu’s 48 Ministers To Gulp N8.6bn In 4yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.