Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (60030 Views)

Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Jevwe: 1:30am On Nov 14, 2009
My laptop does not shut down and if there is a suden power outage wen using d laptop it freezes.Kindly help plis
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Jevwe: 1:32am On Nov 14, 2009
My laptop does not shut down and if there is a suden power outage wen using d laptop it freezes.Kindly help plis
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Fogman(m): 2:26am On Nov 14, 2009
Hi Deji, i am having charging problem wit my Hp 530 lappy. When charging, the orange lite blinks intermetently. And if it is on while charging, the battery instead reduces. changed d battery and problem stil persist . Also my DVD stop working. cant be detectd. help pls
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2009
Jevwe:

what's make and model, XP or Vista ? How are you shutting down ? for example clicking start and shutdown or using the power button

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 1:36pm On Nov 14, 2009
Fogman:

Hi Deji, i am having charging problem wit my Hp 530 lappy. When charging, the orange lite blinks intermetently. And if it is on while charging, the battery instead reduces. changed d battery and problem stil persist . Also my DVD stop working. cant be detectd. help pls

You are very sure the battery has been changed ? if that the case, I will suggest you swap test the laptop with a different charger and see what happens.

Could be the charger, since battery has been changed. if no joy then on the HP 530 Vista Basic I think you have. Click start and 2 centimetres below

you will seeĀ  a white box that says start search type in there battery utility or typed battery and pay attention to what you have on the list.

There should be a battery utility check. or go to www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm">http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm and follow all instructions

Regarding your DVD drive press down windows logo+ E on your keyboard and see if you have the cd/dvd drive listed. also check device status

in device manager if need help in getting to device manager use google search. if not detected in COMPUTER/MY COMPUTER then follow this

fix. note: This is for advanced users so be careful when making changes .

follow Busayo's advice. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=348228.0

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2009
Fogman:

Do we have any update please ?

Good luck !
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by NetWrks(m): 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2009
Hi Deji,

Thanks for your advice. But I had to buy
another flash because I needed one
urgently.

However, I will still try out your suggestions
when I'm less busy because I need the
information in the previous flash disc

Once again, thanks and I'll get back to you
later.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Whizzkido: 10:11am On Nov 17, 2009
Plz i need ur help my laptop mouse is always hanging i use dell vostro 1000.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by sanctisam(m): 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2009
my hp compaq 6715s restarts wen booting into Xp OS. same thing happens wen i try safe mode and other f9 options. Wen i tried repairing with an xp CD, the system restarted after pressing any key to boot from CD. I hav jst upgraded my bios but yet the same problem occurs. Pls any idea on how I can fix this?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Eeyore(m): 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2009
Please help me out. My laptop screen shakes and quivers so much, it's extremely difficult to capture what's on the screen. I'm using one hand to hold the back as I type this to provide some stability. This started three days ago with a number of vertical lines appearing across the screen at the slightest shake.

And it's a fairly new laptop (HP Pavillion 6730). I bought it brand new early this year.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by cardoso1(m): 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2009
I NEED THE CABLE TO CONNECT EXTERNAL BATTERY TO MY HP COMPAQ 6735s.can someone help get this connector
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by ritaNL: 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2009
My laptop (HP pavillion dv9000) kept telling me to run a setup repair everytime i turned it on . Can someone explain the reasons to me and what can i do to stop it plz ?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by obataala(m): 7:17am On Nov 18, 2009
@deji2009, i have a dell p3xp 256ram.i had bought it fairly used.bluetooth is listed among is listed among the installed devices.am not sure its activated,if not how. Also,my mouse keeps moving across the screen uncontrolably and will end up sticking to the corners.when connected to the mains the led light is not stable it blinks and i cannot tell when charge is complete, the only way is to turn it on and point to battery icon to get the level of charge if 100% which the indicator put to about 3hrs,it does not last more than an hour before it discharges when its being run on battery,sometimes pointing at the battery icon would drop remaining power down significantly.i downloaded a power optimizer but save it only as i have to b sure of what it does.avast anti-virus is installed in it when it caught raila odinga virus which led to it reformating earlier.pls i need help, i hope i have not asked for too much.thanks, i hope to get your reply soon.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by aieromon(m): 2:33pm On Nov 18, 2009
I detected W/32/HLLP.Philis.ini, Sal.Folder.Variant Trojan and Smart Antivirus 2010 adware on my lappie using mwav.Unfortunately,i don't have the full version to enable me delete these worms.They've messed up my Avast Pro 4.8.1356 and Malwarebytes which do not work most of the time.Even when my updated Avast locates them and i try to delete or move to chest,the antivirus on-access protection automatically gets deactivated.
I tried installin' Trojan Remover 6.83 but the bloody thing prevents it from full installation.
Way forward?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Holumighty(m): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2009
I bought a fairly used laptop dat the battery doesnt spend more than 20minute but after 2weeks d battery mark improves to 90minute but the laptop doesnt startup without electric contact. When the battery is charged an with electric touch 4 a seconds it can last 4 90minutes.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Holumighty(m): 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2009
I bought a fairly used laptop dat the battery doesnt spend more than 20minute but after 2weeks d battery mark improves to 90minute but the laptop doesnt startup without electric contact. When the battery is charged an with electric touch 4 a seconds it can last 4 90minutes.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by stevemoj: 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2009
pls my laptop is not charging
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by hushy(m): 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2009
please, i formatted my system and tried installing windows vista which i stopped installing and now switched to windows xp, whenever i put on my system,it always ask me to either select the incomplete vista or the xp and if i am not fast it loads the vista and goes off, so i want to know how to remove the incomplete operating system
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 11:32pm On Nov 18, 2009
Whizzkido:

Plz i need your help my laptop mouse is always hanging i use dell vostro 1000.

Does it hangs when loading up into windows or does it happen when on internet ?

Is XP or Vista as this will enable us proffering a solution. Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 11:38pm On Nov 18, 2009
hushy:

please, i formatted my system and tried installing windows vista which i stopped installing and now switched to windows xp, whenever i put on my system,it always ask me to either select the incomplete vista or the xp and if i am not fast it loads the vista and goes off, so i want to know how to remove the incomplete operating system

Basically when you boot up, you were always ask to select either XP or Vista ? is a know issue (Boot ini) and Advanced configuration in

system mainteance. to make life easier for yourself here is a link http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_5022431_cancel-dual-boot.html?cr=1

This will get rid of your secondary partition and leave primary partition which is your main choice XP. Good luck and thanks for enquring
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2009
Jevwe:

Is the fan noisy or overheating, has it been for its yearly healthcheck ?

Pop in to your local PC store and ask for Compress air which is like a can point the nozzle towards your fan air vent to clean dust which may

have accumulated hence better performance . Please do not use a Vacumm cleaner or any other as this can cause static electricity which can killĀ  an

component on your laptop/PC. Good luck and thanks for enquring

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 11:51pm On Nov 18, 2009
stevemoj:

pls my laptop is not charging

@stevemoj. would you kindly provide with more details. e.g. LED light on charger etc just basic stuff

Good luck and thanks for enquring
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 11:53pm On Nov 18, 2009
Holumighty:

http://labnol..com/2006/03/10-tips-to-make-your-laptop-battery.html

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 11:58pm On Nov 18, 2009
aieromon:

I detected W/32/HLLP.Philis.ini, Sal.Folder.Variant Trojan and Smart Antivirus 2010 adware on my lappie using mwav.Unfortunately,i don't have the full version to enable me delete these worms.They've messed up my Avast Pro 4.8.1356 and Malwarebytes which do not work most of the time.Even when my updated Avast locates them and i try to delete or move to chest,the antivirus on-access protection automatically gets deactivated.
I tried installin' Trojan Remover 6.83 but the bloody thing prevents it from full installation.
Way forward?

By the looks of it seems you have 1 or more security software installed hence the deactivation.

Try safe mode if no joy bring up RUN> type in MRT and press enter follow on screen instruction

as have once used this to remove win32/sys virus files. Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 12:12am On Nov 19, 2009
obataala:

@deji2009, i have a dell p3xp 256ram.i had bought it fairly used.bluetooth is listed among is listed among the installed devices.am not sure its activated,if not how. Also,my mouse keeps moving across the screen uncontrolably and will end up sticking to the corners.when connected to the mains the led light is not stable it blinks and i cannot tell when charge is complete, the only way is to turn it on and point to battery icon to get the level of charge if 100% which the indicator put to about 3hrs,it does not last more than an hour before it discharges when its being run on battery,sometimes pointing at the battery icon would drop remaining power down significantly.i downloaded a power optimizer but save it only as i have to b sure of what it does.avast anti-virus is installed in it when it caught raila odinga virus which led to it reformating earlier.pls i need help, i hope i have not asked for too much.thanks, i hope to get your reply soon.

Blutooth issue. can we know make and model please as I wont able to tell on top of my head

for best answers use google to check it out if not. bring up Run ?type in devmgmt.msc

press enter and look for bluetooth or there shouuld be a switch on your laptop/PC

Mouse issue>Make sure your palm>hand is not mistakenly resting on the touchpad as this

can cause it to move. also go to contro panel >hardware and sound>Mouse check to make sure

all settings are correct e.g. pointer precision unticked or best do this trust me should work

you may need external mouse to complete the installation just thought of that all this while

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers and follow on screen instructions

is this a wireless or wired mouse ? if no joy after you installed the above

Then do system restore to turn back the hand of time need helping doing this access google

Battery issues

http://labnol..com/2006/03/10-tips-to-make-your-laptop-battery.html

Good luck and thanks for enquring
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Kaybaba5(m): 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2009
pls my lappy cant install microsoft office, bluetooth installer, nokia pc suite , it says win 32 not supported
i cant really figure wat is happening
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by kruz: 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2009
hi y'all.
i have an acer laptop that just started 'powering down' by itself. it just goes off. when i try to reboot, it doesnt even get past the 'POST'.
pls someone help! this is my 'office'.
thanx.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Kaybaba5(m): 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2009
my laptop has operating system sp1, how can i change it without formatin, is pentium M laptop
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Valto(m): 12:34am On Nov 20, 2009
pc guru in da house pls help meoooooo.my hp latop recently developed a fault of crashing to black screen then it will reboot .note i dont want to format it .i have tried everything to solved the problem from virusremover,malwareremover,spywareremover all of them updated tothe lastest definition,still they cannot detect any single virus.my hp laptop is dualcore-2 320gig 2gig ram. pls help cos it crash any time.it started crashing since i updated windows which it says dat is not genuine,since then i have removed & delected everything 4rm >windows validation exe,genuine exe or other tins dat may caused it but still crashes freguently.secondly the taskbar also blinks/flickering/distortion,even when the pc is booting.pls help .
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Valto(m): 12:42am On Nov 20, 2009
i mean the lower end of the pc screen blinks allways even when booting.waiting 4ur reply .i sent this message 4rm the laptop.before itried to send this message it crashed more than 4 to 5times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale. / Free Proxy List, Web Proxy List, Socks List Download Them As Raw Text Format. / Solid State Drive Vs Sata Hard Drives. Which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.