Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Space Program Of Congo - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Space Program Of Congo (1701 Views)

Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country / The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) / All Best Wishes To The Chinese Astronauts Of Shenzhou-9 And China Space Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Space Program Of Congo by Horus(m): 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2009
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtZozDcj9qM[/flash]

Space Program of Congo
Re: Space Program Of Congo by Bishopking: 9:10am On Oct 31, 2009
Re: Space Program Of Congo by Ibime(m): 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2009
They need to first worry about getting the Rwandan militias and Lords Resistance army out of their country before worrying about going to space. . . .
Re: Space Program Of Congo by bawomolo(m): 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2009
why are you mistaken an high school project for a space program?
Re: Space Program Of Congo by Horus(m): 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2009
bawomolo:

why are you mistaken an high school project for a space program?

It is clearly mentionned in french in this video by one of the congolese minister that it is the begining of a space program in Gongo. French is my first language so I know what they say. Now if you are still not convinced show this video to a friend who speak french and he will confirm it to you. What I like with Congo is that they project in the future to launch a satellite in space from Congo, and not from china like Nigeria did. Why give your money to china when you can do it yourself?. At least they believe in themselves.
Re: Space Program Of Congo by transformR: 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2009
Thisis the joke of the Century! They have the biggest UN force with Rwandan rebels on the loose and this is what they cme up with? Hilarious!
Re: Space Program Of Congo by mazaje(m): 3:59am On Nov 27, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. . . . .Looks like they were testing short range missiles to me. . . . .
Re: Space Program Of Congo by Kambale: 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2011
@ Ibime

That is an individual funded space program by a space anthousiast. NOT a government program. Besides, the guy is in the early stage of the research.

Bashing an individual African researcher is not humble at all.

This is why Africans don't progress , they take nothing serious nor do they encourage efforts done by brave individuals.
Re: Space Program Of Congo by Kambale: 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2011
I see some people making fun of Congo , but their own countries are nothing special.

Some countries can't even survive without the West's hand outs.
Re: Space Program Of Congo by Sunofgod(m): 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2011
So they are building 'Weapons of Small Destruction'

Its a start,
Re: Space Program Of Congo by shotster50(m): 12:49am On Mar 08, 2011
Kambale:

@ Ibime

That is an individual funded space program by a space anthousiast. NOT a government program. Besides, the guy is in the early stage of the research.

Bashing an individual African researcher is not humble at all.

This is why Africans don't progress , they take nothing serious nor do they encourage efforts done by brave individuals.

Sorry but what is there not to laugh at? Their pathetic attempt is at best laughable.
This doesnt mean I am laughing at the people of Congo though.
Re: Space Program Of Congo by RSA(m): 11:37am On Mar 08, 2011
We did a project like this for our science class when I was in primary,and it was during the aaparheid days when blacks where doing the inferior Bantu education.

I think as Africans we should stop celebrating mediocrity,like having a country with the most corrupt leaders,where service delivery by the goverment is none existence,I mean no roads,public hospital for the masses,schools and other services yet we celebrate being named the most happiest people on planet.
Re: Space Program Of Congo by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2011
^^^
"We"? I don't recall  you being Nigerian. I also don't know about this claim of Nigerians celebrating being named the happiest people on the planet. All I've heard from fellow Nigerians, in real life and on this board is disbelief and mockery of that claim. The thing is that Nigerians in Nigeria are friendly to strangers and to foreigners especially and probably exude happiness and confidence to foreigners just from their disposition, rather than their actual stance on the progress of their country.

I also think the program is pathetically mediocre, however.
Re: Space Program Of Congo by shotster50(m): 1:02am On Mar 09, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

^^^
"We"? I don't recall  you being Nigerian. I also don't know about this claim of Nigerians celebrating being named the happiest people on the planet. All I've heard from fellow Nigerians, in real life and on this board is disbelief and mockery of that claim. The thing is that Nigerians in Nigeria (outside of Lagos) are friendly to strangers and to foreigners especially and probably exude happiness and confidence to foreigners just from their disposition, rather than their actual stance on the progress of their country.

I also think the program is pathetically mediocre, however.

I quite agree with the bolded.   It is even more so when you realise how much funding is needed o execute programmes like this. It is not a coincidence that there few countries with viable Space Programmes.

(1) (Reply)

Is Nelson Mandela Dead? / BREAKING NEWS: Prince William’s Wife Catherine is in labour (Pix) / Saudi Arabia Rejects Seat On UN Security Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.