Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific (1833 Views)

Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation / Why Daddy Freeze Blocks People On Instagram. Examining Reasons / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by plaetton: 4:30pm On Nov 08, 2016
UyiIredi:

The absurd thing is claiming there is alien life. There is absolutely no evidence for this despite decades of intensive search. I find it curious that some atheists are eager to believe in unseen aliens yet won't apply this logic to an invisible God.
Lol.
Your own Bible tells you, screams at you that there exists life outside of Earth, and here you are talking rubbish.

The war in heaven.

Was is supposedly faught on Earth, or were the supposed combatants Humans ?

Use your brain Uyi.

I have advised you to refrain from making absolute statements on matters that you know so little.

Rather, have an open , but critical mind.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by Weah96: 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
SirWere:
Intresting....

However It leads me to ask the question :

If say, there suddenly appeared massive spaceships coming to the solar system and the occupants within are translucent beings who can levitate, heal people, move mountains, and what not......

Will they also be glorified as Gods??

Or will we be wiser

Messi is a God already. So is Magnus Carlsen. The aliens will simply join the list of Gods.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
UyiIredi:

The absurd thing is claiming there is alien life. There is absolutely no evidence for this despite decades of intensive search. I find it curious that some atheists are eager to believe in unseen aliens yet won't apply this logic to an invisible God.
I don't think any one said anything about believing in aliens. He only stated how they would react to aliens if they came, which is a possibility because of how large the universe is.
Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by UyiIredi(m): 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.
Your own Bible tells you, screams at you that there exists life outside of Earth, and here you are talking rubbish.

The war in heaven.

Was is supposedly faught on Earth, or were the supposed combatants Humans ?

Use your brain Uyi.

I have advised you to refrain from making absolute statements on matters that you know so little.

Rather, have an open , but critical mind.

The war in heaven concerns spiritual entities not physical aliens. As such, it can't be used to say the Bible proclaims life outside of earth. BTW, I'm a deist. That said, I repeat, a belief in aliens is absurd.
Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
UyiIredi:

Dude, seriously READ before you reply.

I asked a question about a probable scenario. I believe it started with "IF"; meaning that although it's not currently feasible, imagine.

And for crissake, The search for alien life is less than a 100 years old. The search for God....... Stretching over 2 thousand years.

Amd atheists have searched for Gods... The Gods claimed by different religious sects.... What we found was a child's fantasy.

2 Likes

Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by plaetton: 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2016
UyiIredi:

The war in heaven concerns spiritual entities not physical aliens. As such, it can't be used to say the Bible proclaims life outside of earth. BTW, I'm a deist. That said, I repeat, a belief in aliens is absurd.

Oh geez. cry

I give up.
Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by UyiIredi(m): 5:42pm On Nov 08, 2016
SirWere:

Dude, seriously READ before you reply.

I asked a question about a probable scenario. I believe it started with "IF"; meaning that although it's not currently feasible, imagine.

And for crissake, The search for alien life is less than a 100 years old. The search for God....... Stretching over 2 thousand years.

Amd atheists have searched for Gods... The Gods claimed by different religious sects.... What we found was a child's fantasy.

And people have searched for aliens and seen none. Neither has any approached us. A good basis to dismiss the idea.
Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by UyiIredi(m): 5:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
plaetton:

Oh geez. cry
I give up.

Good. You are amazingly good at bad reasoning.
Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
UyiIredi:

And people have searched for aliens and seen none. Neither has any approached us. A good basis to dismiss the idea.

Dude, hope you read what I wrote
Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by hopefulLandlord: 7:24pm On Nov 08, 2016
Lennycool:

Thanks man. When the explorer asked the chief what he would most want from America(which the chief has gone to and still returned to his underdeveloped village) he said a better boat so he can catch more fish for his village people so their lives will be better. He seems like a really nice guy and in no way deserves eternal torture.

agreed

1 Like

Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by Deicide: 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2016
UyiIredi:

Why Must people Always lie?
Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 13, 2016
Image123:
Make i come back,
@lennycool
There's nothing much to this. It simply proves the point that we(humans) are naturally wired to worship. We were created that way, we find ultimate fulfillment in worship. It's like a fish to swimming or to water. There's that drive, that thirst for God or some form of god(from wood to iron to money to self to attainment or accomplishment to nature). We all have some god, though you should know only God truly and fully satisfies. Something Jesus said about never thirst again.

RaphieMontella , Weah96 , SirWere , sonofluc1fer ,
Stephendamsoho , EyeHateGod , FearGodAndLive Kevoh ,
Johnnydon22 , Akintom , Hardmirror , GRIMMJOE ,
CoolUsername , 1990news , JSoE , Etesam , Audray , Edenoscar ,
DeSepiero , charix , GoodMuyis , jonbellion , menxer seun
hopefulLanlord coldhardtruth itZQuinn winner01 , kingebukasblog
, Richirich713,
scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2
Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 ,
InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano
sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia
Jeromejnr, goodmuyis Gombs. Joeagbaje
Jcross KingEbukasBlog Scholar
analice107 anas09
Sorry, man, but only SLAVES are geared towards worship. Stop being a grovelling, kneeling, bowing, cowtowing soul that does nothing but licks Yahweh's ass. It doesn't portray you in good light!

2 Likes

Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by Image123(m): 10:37am On Nov 16, 2016
joyContraMundum:
Sorry, man, but only SLAVES are geared towards worship. Stop being a grovelling, kneeling, bowing, cowtowing soul that does nothing but licks Yahweh's ass. It doesn't portray you in good light!

Fortunately for us, it's not about me. The point is about the glaring observation of humans all time, all place like the OP's interesting religion suggests.
Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2016
Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
Image123:

Fortunately for us, it's not about me. The point is about the glaring observation of humans all time, all place like the OP's interesting religion suggests.
Errr..... What's your point, exactly? That the fact that most humans have expressed their preference for slavery, being treated like dogs, scum, by their chronically narcissistic cosmic master(s) of (a) Torture "God(s)" due to lack of dignity and self-respect makes it a virtue? It takes a human to fight divine tyranny and reject slavery in all its forms, especially in its most insidious. However, a vegetable can be a Christian (!)
Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by hopefulLandlord: 4:12am On Nov 30, 2016
joyContraMundum:
Errr..... What's your point, exactly? That the fact that most humans have expressed their preference for slavery, being treated like dogs, scum, by their chronically narcissistic cosmic master(s) of (a) Torture "God(s)" due to lack of dignity and self-respect makes it a virtue? It takes a human to fight divine tyranny and reject slavery in all its forms, especially in its most insidious. However, a vegetable can be a Christian (!)

thank you!
Re: Examining Religion: The Interesting Cargo Religions Of The Pacific by hopefulLandlord: 9:51am On Aug 12, 2017
Bump

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Battle.... an interesting Christian true life story / Biblical Proofs: Understanding The Wearing Of Trousers / Where Do We Go When We Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.