Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,116 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:12 AM

Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials (5304 Views)

Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja / APC Warns Against Insulting Buhari, Government Officials - Premiumtimes / Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by Oboma1(m): 3:29am On Oct 31, 2009
Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement

Nigeria and South Africa are to sign visa exemption for its government officials as part of efforts aimed at strengthening relations between the two countries next month.

Disclosing this during a dinner at the Parliament of South Africa in Cape Town to mark the end of celebration marking the 10th anniversary of South Africa –Nigeria Bi-National Commission (BNC), Vice President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, said the signing ceremony of the MoU would take place in Abuja when the Vice president of South Africa, Hon. Kgalema Motlanthe, visits Nigeria on November 13, under the auspices of BNC.

He said the BNC, which has had a chequered history, made a significant progress in the last 10 years with 22 out of 33 MoUs signed, stressing that the two countries needed to work together for the development of Africa as the world looked up to the two for solutions to myriad of problems of the African continent.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/31102009/news/news11.html
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by Oboma1(m): 3:31am On Oct 31, 2009
Why not extend it to ordinary citizen, then you will know those that will remain in Nigeria. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by AloyEmeka6: 3:44am On Oct 31, 2009
Oboma1:

Why not extend it to ordinary citizen, then you will know those that will remain in Nigeria. grin grin grin

Why? We don't want south Africans flooding our country in drones. grin grin
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by maedan(f): 4:50am On Oct 31, 2009
Whether visa-free or ticket-free, mbanu tongue(shakes head vigorously) I'm not impressed. That Naija-phobic country?? Count me out angry tongue.
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 31, 2009
"that apartheid country where a fellow south african killed lucky dube thinking he was a nigeria"
na wa o
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by Oboma1(m): 10:32am On Oct 31, 2009
They can give me their passport, but I dont want their free visa. Anyway, there are still some Nigerians that will disappear into that country if that happens. To them, at-all-at-all, na witch!. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by Enjoyment1(f): 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2009
Who even want to go to South Africa? Cotonou visa is better than that of SA. Who wants to be shot!. Afterall, crime there is the highest in the world. Hiv status in that country, can never be rivalled.
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by blackspade(m): 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2009
Sensationalist title. This is [size=16pt]only for government officials[/size], South Africans aren't stupid enough to make their country visa free for ordinary Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2009
Do people really go to South Africa?
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by Czarskit(m): 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2009
. . .SA? Wat happens there? My corpse will rather die. . . tongue
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by cvibe: 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2009
Only government officials? What a story!
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2009
Another cosmetic application on a chequered body called "Nigeria" grin grin
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by Princek12(m): 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2009
OMO IBO:

Do people really go to South Africa?
you must be living on another planet. SA visa is extremely hard to get.
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by semid4lyfe(m): 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2009
Oh, how nice! Now our government officials can loot our money, take it to SA ,buy choice properties & make investments with little or no hindrance (Not that it hindered them in the past anyway).
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by vikiviko(m): 5:14pm On Oct 31, 2009
South Africa still an unsafe place for Nigerians.

Crime rate is doubling every hour .

Methink is better only for government officials.
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by mrperfect(m): 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2009
Why telling us if is not meant for us- although is good we know.
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2009
Its true d news is not for us,cus our govt only think of what they will benefit counting us out.Why didnt they request its extension to us, since SA visa is very tough to get like uk&us
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by joxiri: 6:01pm On Oct 31, 2009
so how d hell is this a visa exepmtion agreement if it is excluded from ordinary citizens, am sure diplomats already have exemptions for diplomats and govt officials
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Why? We don't want south Africans flooding our country in drones. grin grin

u will wait till tomorrow none of those s.africans will trade a foot in nigeria,
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by MustardInc: 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2009
[size=14pt]How is this news?

Nigerian Diplomats have visa-free access to better Countries eg Singapore [LOL][/size]
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by eros(m): 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2009
Can you imagine visa exemption for only govt. officials. Who elected these bastards in the first place or who is the govt.? O' Nigeria my country, when will thou become a safe haven? I weep for my country, becos it is ruled by illiterates and selfish bastards. I rain curses from above upon whoever is signing this agreement.

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by vislabraye(m): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2009
So whats the big deal? I dont see how that wilsolve any problem
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2009
Geezzz!! i am better of in Naija or even Ghana. The are efffinf racist. Even if thier visa is free, i aint steppin ma foot there. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by Nofe: 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2009
w
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by DisGuy: 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2009
these south African are very smart, they know how corrupt nigerian officials are so they are letting them come
without hassle with all our money!!! grin
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by chelseabmw(m): 9:27pm On Oct 31, 2009
Good news, this is a welcome development
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by greateliso(m): 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2009
9ja - S.A
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by hamson4u: 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2009
eros:

Can you imagine visa exemption for only govt. officials. Who elected these bastards in the first place or who is the govt.? O' Nigeria my country, when will thou become a safe haven? I weep for my country, becos it is ruled by illiterates and selfish bastards. I rain curses from above upon whoever is signing this agreement.

God Bless Nigeria
my brother i shared ur view jare. bastards indeed! well, they will all be disgraced like olabode, it's just a matter of time.
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by ndomadu: 10:34pm On Oct 31, 2009
guyz,do not be deceived SA is tighter than naija.Truth be told
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by toideve(m): 10:49pm On Oct 31, 2009
does it mean that they don't allow govt officials into their country before na wa
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by ovo4u(m): 11:42pm On Oct 31, 2009
Please would this bring a constant power supply or Electricity in out Country?
Re: Nigeria, S/Africa To Sign Visa Exemption Agreement for Government Officials by selingel: 12:33am On Nov 01, 2009
It really baffles me the way things are being run in this continent?. Somehow, is South Africa not encouraging Big thieves in Nigeria, to bring their loots to invest in their country?. Even when it is glaring that SA is aiding and encouraging thiefry, how many of the loots have they sent back to this country?. God will save us from these corrupt leaders!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City: From Adversity To Prosperity / “transfer Northern Cps Out Of South-east” – Igbo Leaders Of Thought Demand / Buhari Failed All Military Exams- IBB.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.