Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

I Divorced My Nigerian Husband - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Divorced My Nigerian Husband (7227 Views)

The Cry Of A Heartbroken Nigerian Husband In Houston whose wife cheated / How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? / Nigerian Men Feel Intimidate -i Divorced Camerounian Hubby To Marry A Nigerian, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Divorced My Nigerian Husband by phuckNL: 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2009
@Poster
Hate to break it to you but i think you got what you deserved.
Why did you have to indicate that he is a NIGERIAN. Any other man of any other nationality can/will break your heart.
I bet you were also "Inquisitive" when you met him. You probably wanted to try something different and you realised men will always be men. Nigerian, American or Aliens.
Nobody gives a shit if he is Nigerian. You divorced your husband, who is a man, Period.

1 Like

Re: I Divorced My Nigerian Husband by Leilah(f): 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2009
So Sorry to hear about what happened to you. In my case I was married to an AA man and when I was pregnant he left me for another woman! well I went home to Ireland to visit my dying father and was told 'don't bother coming back' that I shoudl find an arab man who would appreciate me. Life can be terrible sometimes.
Re: I Divorced My Nigerian Husband by clintwine(m): 8:34am On Aug 23, 2010
@Poster, don't really understand your post, you said he is a good guy, takes care of the finances and house, but does not know how to show love.
Your post sounds like a dejavu to me.(A woman i met and after talking for hours, i figured out her problem so i would give you the same advice)

When you mean he doesn't know how to love, do you mean he doesn't spend time with you and your kids?
If your kids are complaining about him, is it because he is disciplining them, i didn't like my dad as a kid, i even thought of running away, but when i look back now, am happy he did all that he did, because without it, i wouldn't be where i am.

Sometimes when a man misbehaves, we are quick to judge him ( not saying he was right), but when you search within, are you satisfied you didn't drive him to do it.

Its a known fact that siblings, from the same womb do have serious quarrels, if the can, think about two different people from different cultures brought up thousands miles apart.

How well did you try to learn his culture and compromise on some?
were you the nagging type?

well all these questions might be late now as you have divorced, all i would say is move on
Re: I Divorced My Nigerian Husband by Vindy: 10:15am On Aug 24, 2010
Naija!
Re: I Divorced My Nigerian Husband by 9janews(m): 9:09am On Aug 27, 2010
The best way to show your kids that you care for the family is to love their mother. This is very important. Paying ur bills and finance is not a way to show love he was just taking care of his responsibilities.
Re: I Divorced My Nigerian Husband by HIANA: 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
Wow am so excited that Dr Ikhine the powerful spell caster brought my ex lover back to me within 2 days after leaving me for the past 6 months I was frustrated until I met Dr Ikhine who help me to cast a spell that brought him back and now am so happy and my ex lover has just bought me a brown new car which he has never done before thank you very much Dr Ikhine for what you have done for me contact him on email agbadado@gmail.com and all your problem will be solved once and for all.

Call him for urgent response +2347060552255
Re: I Divorced My Nigerian Husband by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
chrisj2: Poster, you did not indicate in your original when you divorce came through and what sort of punishment legal or otherwise can you give to somene you have already divorced. So the pregnancy with the other woman is not relevant unless you still want him back or dont want him to have babies with others (maybe yet).

So I guess the news of the pregnancy was heard just a few days ago cos you said it was fresh, Either way, you are now divorced, the main issue now is the kids you had together.

Never mind my post (about the village girl), just a distraction and support of what you said about Yorubas and Nigerians and their religion. I am a Nigerian and I have been wary of dealing with Nigerias for a long time - I dont get them even when I grew up in Nigeria. But unlike youself, I will strife to find good Nigerians (there are many in Nigeria not the many hustlers abroad) to interact with and eventually marry.

chrisj2 read tru ur posts.av it in mind that not all gurls are bad.its the bad ones that has given s good ones a bad reputation and even some bad ones became bad as a result of circumstances nd bad xperiences from our so cald men.

dont change who u ar cos of a generalized ideology.just be smart and dnt get carried away.

SCbeauty: u deserve better.do whateva makes u happy nd be positive.i wish u all d best in ur new found love.
Re: I Divorced My Nigerian Husband by Kanwulia: 8:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
Very correct! kiss
NEVER DATE OUTSIDE YOUR CULTURE!
Marriage is tough enough! kiss
Re: I Divorced My Nigerian Husband by KanwuliaJara: 9:13am On Sep 08, 2015
So, the man has moved on and the woman has not?

Rubbbbbish!!!!!!!!! cheesy
Re: I Divorced My Nigerian Husband by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 08, 2015
chrisj2:
funky - you gave good advice but even advice will have been very expensive and might have lead to me being scammed. People in UK get scammed as well. I was not going to marry her on the say so of family but it helps if they monitor things and are supportive. I did say I was going to go to Nigeria to sort things out. I still think i things work out it will be better than trying to find a Nigerian girl in the UK.

Anyway, the issue is not just about this girl but the Nigerian way. And that I why contributed to this thread. Look, I am not religious and will happily sleep with someone who attached - consenting adults and all that.

I have not concluded this girl is a scammer but I dont lend people money and was disappointed she asked. And borrowing money is a Nigerian way - we can be shameless sometimes.

Then there is the issue of religion whch ties to this current thread. Even the religious(so-called born-again) people in Nigeria do some weird stuff

Hold your fire guys. I am not desperate and not quick to judge. When I used village, it is just to say she is from the same tribal and micro-group as myself.

Mr mugu in the UK looking for wife how far?Your Nigeria girl Don chop your pounds finish.dumbass matured fool

1 Like

Re: I Divorced My Nigerian Husband by freecocoa(f): 9:56am On Sep 08, 2015
Wow! See hikacking of thread, I untie my scarf for this chrisj2 o.grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Do You Like The Women You Spend More Money On Than The Once You Do Not. / . / Help Save Baby Light!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.