Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,391 members, 7,781,122 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:24 AM

Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract (26521 Views)

Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 / Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People / CCT: Paul Erokoro Blasts FG ‘For Wasting Tribunal’s Time’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 08, 2016
KANO— National Association of Footwear and Accessories Manufacturing and Distribution has accused the Federal Government of violating due process in the award of military contract to clusters of Aba-based cobblers.

Spokesman of the group, Alhaji Muhammad Kabir Haruna, told journalists in Kano, yesterday, that the Ministry of Trade and Commerce, which awarded the contract on behalf of the Federal Government, never called for bidding from the public as stipulated by the relevant laws.

The military had, last month, announced plans to buy 50,000 pairs of military boots produced in Aba in an effort to look inward.

Haruna said: “I don’t know the system they employed to award the military contract to Aba-based cluster of cobblers, but it was glaringly evident that due process was grossly violated by the minister and her officials.”

He described the patronage of unregistered local cobblers as high security risk, adding that it was an open invitation to criminals to acquire security outfit with ease.

He opined that “military footwears are special and if you choose to buy from an open market like Aba, where criminals have equal access, you are simply compromising national security.”

Haruna recalled several meetings with the Minister of State for Trade and Commerce, Aisha Abubakar, before the final decision, stressing that they were left in the cold when it mattered.
He said: “We don’t begrudge patronage of local cobblers, but our concern is that such feat shouldn’t risk national security, especially now that we are confronted with a number of challenges.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/union-blasts-fg-aba-cobblers-military-contract/

3 Likes

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by TheFreeOne: 10:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
Instead of telling / showing us what they have to offer this bad belle idiot is making nonsensical noise.

Anyway Aba cobblers keep it up. If Alhaji Muhammad Kabir Haruna want the contract he should come and take it tongue

269 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by mikolo80: 10:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
I just love the way north de always fight for their own share

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by NaijaMutant(f): 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2016
See the height of jealousy and hatred for the East undecided

The FG abi na Military should come and take back their contract and give to their Northern brothers, Aba boys have been surviving for years without their patronage

I just wish they had an Obiano for a governor, by now they would have been the largest shoe producer in Africa undecided

171 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by NaijaMutant(f): 10:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
mikolo80:
I just love the way north de always fight for their own share
They are First Class citizens after all undecided

All thanks to Afonjas

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 08, 2016
Go and Die Alhaji Muhammad Kabir Haruna Bad Belle.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by perfectwazobia1: 10:20pm On Nov 08, 2016
Rubbish

19 Likes

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by Young03(m): 10:23pm On Nov 08, 2016
Haruna recalled meeting with minister for state and comerce', aisha abubakar

so because she didn't give u d contract or hating

go get life bro
u go wail tire. the deed has been done

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by mikolo80: 10:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
NaijaMutant:

exactly. They defend their rights while others think it is automatic, they don't need to demand anything, it will just happen by itself because it's in the constitution

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by TheFreeOne: 10:32pm On Nov 08, 2016
[s]
NaijaMutant:

[/s]

Nonsense

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by bonechamberlain(m): 10:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
angry mad people, they are indirectly saying ABA cobblers are criminals and threat to national security. Is this not madness. They would prefer the contract be given to boko Haram sympathizers. Nonsense. The contract has come to stay.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by Zaikon(m): 10:35pm On Nov 08, 2016
iranuuiu
abashaaaaa

2 Likes

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by tellwisdom: 10:39pm On Nov 08, 2016
Kano cobblers? from where? Na too much play dey cause this nonsense angry

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by omenka(m): 10:45pm On Nov 08, 2016
First, i really dont care who they give the contract as far as quality stuff is delivered, and i believe the shoe makers in Aba can deliver.

But then, wont those advocates of due process and rule of law take a moment to ponder on the issues raised on the press release? I mean, was there any competitive bidding or was due process indeed followed In the award of the contract, or the advocates now assume all that is inconsequential since it is them benefiting this time.... cheesy

Sweet country Naija, i tell ya. grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by TheFreeOne: 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2016
mikolo80:
exactly. They defend their rights while others think it is automatic, they don't need to demand anything, it will just happen by itself because it's in the constitution

It's a rigged system (in Donald Trump voice) since 1914 amalgamation.

6 Likes

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2016
Abokis still closing small space for peace

9 Likes

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by MyGeneration(m): 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2016
Klo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by Danzakidakura(m): 10:50pm On Nov 08, 2016
a malam is naturally stupid.

17 Likes

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by blackpanda: 10:53pm On Nov 08, 2016
NaijaMutant:
See the height of jealousy and hatred for the East undecided

[b]The FG abi na Military should come and take back their contract and give to their Northern brothers, Aba boys have been surviving for years without their patronage

I just wish they had an Obiano for a governor, by now they would have been the largest shoe producer in Africa undecided[/b]

Easy to say when u produce nothing and have no job.

3 Likes

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by mikolo80: 10:54pm On Nov 08, 2016
TheFreeOne:

It's a rigged system (in Donald Trump voice) since 1914 amalgamation.
how.north isn't absolute majority
Also not single monolithic bloc.
Can be manipulated by intelligent ppl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by mytime24(f): 11:31pm On Nov 08, 2016
one lijeria indeed undecided

3 Likes

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by ChelseaDr(m): 12:09am On Nov 09, 2016
I don't think the contract was awarded to cobblers,..... cobblers are people that repair shoes

9 Likes

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by PaulIdu: 12:22am On Nov 09, 2016
When Aba cobblers were showcasing their work from one exposition to another where was Alhaji Haruna and his band of shoe shiners ..now that food is ready he wants to join the party

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by basilo102: 12:45am On Nov 09, 2016
MyGeneration:

Abeg chill with this unnecesary victim mentality.
The guy is after his interest. And his pocket. The best way to proove him wrong us by not giving uup nd making sure d aba cobblers deliver.
if this Haruna complaints came from igbo man, you will still say he is playing victim, now its coming from a northerner and you went to an igbo comment to still say he played victim. are some of you programmed??

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:00am On Nov 09, 2016
mikolo80:

If igbos do the same things, you hypocrites will call it wailing.
But all you got to write for this show of shame is that they defend their rights.
Tufiakwa.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:03am On Nov 09, 2016
Mr Haruna, for starters, cobblers are shoe repairers, not manufacturers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by LadyExcellency: 2:06am On Nov 09, 2016
The contract was not awarded to clusters of Shoe cobblers rather a reputable registered firm in Nigeria located in Aba hence the contract must have passed through due process of tendering proposal, evaluation, security checks and quality assurance before the award of the contract.

The excerpts from proceedings during 2016 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Forum in Lagos where the information got to the public with scanty details.

The governor added that a firm that has an order to supply up to 50,000 military boots is currently in Aba, where Aba shoemakers are making the production.

“I am happy to announce here that Aba which is the commercial nerve centre of the Abia State and Old Eastern Region of Nigeria, is also the SME capital of Nigeria, where young people are in the business of making shoes, bags and clothes, including the one I am wearing.

“Let me also announce here that a private firm, that has an order to supply 50,000 military boots is currently in Aba, where our shoemakers are in production for the firm”

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by nwasinachi(f): 2:06am On Nov 09, 2016
May u die of jealousy,ndi ara!

10 Likes

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by Sibrah: 2:21am On Nov 09, 2016
NaijaMutant:

And others are . . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by citizenY(m): 2:48am On Nov 09, 2016
Danzakidakura:
a malam is naturally stupid.

@ post... Your real moniker should be... Rago da wutsuyar kare... Quote me anywhere.
Re: Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract by Caseless: 3:00am On Nov 09, 2016
I think when Ikpeazu was busy marketing 'made in aba' products, that old man called Ganduje was busy fighting kwankwaso- I think ikpeazu's effort paid off.
The good news is , a minister from the north shove her own people and gave the contract to aba people(this shows buhari is out for all). At least , this has saved us the pain of having our ears bitten off by the cry of marginalization that would have come from the ipod youths if it had happened otherwise.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ortom To PDP: You Have Treated Wike Badly, Go To Him, Appeal / Osita Okechukwu Replies Tinubu: ‘Osho-Virus’ Behind APC Crisis / We Will Declare Niger Delta Republic On October 1 – Adaka Boro Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.