Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Mirror Irony Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mirror Irony Short Story (686 Views)

The Irony Of Life / Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Short Story: "LOVE'S GRIEF" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mirror Irony Short Story by kinwayne(m): 10:05am On Nov 09, 2016
Full Story Written by Kinwayne Aka Chikere. Do not copy!!. Mirror Irony ©

Chikerelance@gmail.com.
Whatsapp/call:08114957127
Re: Mirror Irony Short Story by kinwayne(m): 10:08am On Nov 09, 2016
Episode 1

I stood up from my seat rushing to check the window as I heard the faint sound of a car engine move up the street. It certainly wasn’t Richard. The time was almost 11pm with him no where in sight, The “I was busy at work” excuse is what he’s been using recently.. Like seriously, which responsible married man works till 11pm everyday?.

I picked up my phone for the umpteenth time, Richard’s number was on speed dial, I was about calling him but I hesitated. It had been like this for the past one month. Richard started coming back home as late as 11pm. As if that wasn’t enough, he’s changed. He doesn’t eat my Food anymore, His attitude towards me has been overly different and worse, I don’t see much of him in fact I barely see him anymore and damn, I can’t even remember the last time we uhmm did it. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking, how’s it possible not to see your own husband you’re living in the same house with? I wouldn’t believe it either,but hell that’s what am facing. It’s almost as if he’s avoiding me.

My marriage to Richard was barely a year old. I must confess, it hadn’t always been like this. I always remembered how my relationship with Richard felt at the beginning. He was my sunshine. My day rose and dawned on him. I couldn’t describe the love I felt for him else I’d run mad. What we shared was sacred. It was mutual. The way He loved me I felt he was going to loose it if he lost me too. Everything was more than perfect between us and I couldn’t imagine it any better.

Knock! Knock!

I was so deep in my thoughts, I didn’t even realize Richard had arrived.
Re: Mirror Irony Short Story by kinwayne(m): 10:12am On Nov 09, 2016
Episode 2

“You’re late again! You’re always late Richard!” I shouted as he stepped into the house.

“Is that a way to greet your husband?” Richard barked.

He staggered forward trying to move past me to the bedroom without waiting for a response from me , but I stepped in his front blocking him from going any further.

“We need to talk! Richard” I said, pushing him backwards lightly but he surprised me by falling back into a couch.

“Richard! Are you drunk!” I yelled.

“Drunk? Do I… look like someone… that is drunk… to you?” He stammered, as he tried standing up, only to fall back into the couch again.

The thick smell of booze hit my nose and I could perceive the smell of alcohol filling the whole room.

This was a first. Richard had never come home drunk before, I was beginning to feel terrified with the way things were going.

“Richard darling, please talk to me, What’s the problem?”

“Richard!”

“Richard?!” God! He was already sleeping. I can’t believe he just slept on me.

“Richard! Wake up!” I said, tapping him.

He was far gone. Sleeping like a log of wood.

My heart was throbbing, I felt uneasy. I wanted telling Richard what had been troubling me, what I had done, but I couldn’t bring myself to tell him. I wanted talking to him today but, as usual, he came home late again. The feeling of guilt was killing me. the longer I kept it to myself, the longer I felt I was going to explode and the longer I felt dark and twisty inside of me.

Was he ready to hear me out? Would he forgive me?
Re: Mirror Irony Short Story by kinwayne(m): 10:18am On Nov 09, 2016
Episode 3

"Honey, you know I've got to go to work, am already running late" Richard spoke hurriedly, fiddling with the buttons on his shirt.

It was a week since the last incident of him being drunk. We still hadn't talked about it, I guess it was probably because he had continue avoiding me.

"Baby, I don't know what to think anymore, you don't talk to me again, I can't even..."

"No! No! Not this same talk again, I told you, I've been busy with work, I don't have the time" Richard interrupted, stressing the word "time" like he meant something else.

"Time? Time? I can't believe you just said you don't have time." I yelled, pulling the duvet off my body as I rose up from the bed.

"Baby, I can't remember the last time we had a real conversation, or the last time you ate my food, I can't even remember the last time you touched me" I spoke rather softly. I was angry with him, hell! Who wouldn't be?, but there wasn't the need to take this issue south.

I stood up, picked up a matching tie from the wardrobe, hung it over his neck and helped him knot the tie.

"Look Honey, I know I haven't been around much of recent but I promise, when I get back from work, we'll talk about anything you want to talk about, okay?" Richard muttered absent-minded, putting on his coat as he spoke.

"Oh please, You also promised yesterday, and the day before yesterday" I sighed.

I watched him, I didn't know if the whole "work" thing was just a coax, He was still the Richard I loved, but I couldn't recognize him anymore. Who was I deceiving, my Richard was gone, and I didn't have a shit clue as to if the Richard I once loved was still in there somewhere I hope.

"I slept with George, your best friend" I blurted out, amidst tears.

"What!!!"
Re: Mirror Irony Short Story by kinwayne(m): 10:25am On Nov 09, 2016
Episode 4

"You did what?!!" Richard howled. His eyes shone with confusion and rage. He sounded like he had just been hit by a bus. His face looked like bullshit.

I looked into his eyes trying to read him. Pain? Frustration? Anger? What he felt that moment, I couldn't fathom.

He looked at me deeply, I could sense fear, his eyes, searching, begging me to tell him what I just said now was a lie.

I never wanted things to end up how they did. George was Richard's best friend if not almost a brother. George was a flirt, the kind of guy that would say the sweet things you needed to hear that moment, the kind of guy that would hook up his best friend with a chick and still end up screwing her behind his back. I could continue calling him names, but George was a great listener.

Yes am the devil and am evil but hey, all I wanted was someone to talk to. I was lonely and it was killing me.

"Tell me you're lieing baby, talk to me" Richard begged, holding me on the shoulder. Tears were beginning to form at the back of his eyes.

I just stood there, lost. I was speechless. I couldn't utter a word.

"I was sacked in my office" Richard revealed, whispering, almost as if he had lost his voice.

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I tried honey, I tried but I couldn't tell you as I didn't want us to end up, no, I didn't want you to leave me because I had no job" Richard replied.

I could feel the pain in his voice.

"What do you take me for? It was never about the money!" I sobbed.
Re: Mirror Irony Short Story by kinwayne(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2016
Final episode.

Like they say, it takes two to tangle, but one to untangle, whoever said that.

Richard was working now in a law firm, but that didn't stop him from picking the children everyday from school. Oh yes, I have two kids now with Richard. Two stubborn boys with big heads like their dad's.

I know what you're thinking, how does a messed up couple like us have such a happy ending like this? Oh well, I can't believe it either,it's almost as if am the star of a fairy tale.

I slept with my husband's best friend while my husband lost his job. A relationship couldn't go more worse.

"Baby, am sorry, am so sorry, this is all my fault" Richard cried.

"Am sorry too honey, I didn't know what came over me. I thought you were seeing someone else, I wasn't thinking straight" I pleaded.

"No, it's all my fault. If I had told you about my sack earlier things wouldn't have ended up how they did.. I would never intentionally do anything to come between us. I thought I could handle things myself, am so sorry, please forgive me." Richard begged.

How things became like this wasn't because we weren't talking to each other, or because we weren't seeing each other, No, it was because we weren't listening to each other. We no more wanted to become a part of each other daily life, we didn't make the time to hear how the other fared at work or how the day went. We talked, yes, but We listened to each other no more.

I realized that doing things you think would hurt your partner would only come back to hurt you even more.

Richard forgave me, something I thought men were incapable of doing. Things went back to how they were before he lost his job. We were happy once more. You never truly appreciate what you have until you loose it.

**The End**
**True Life Story**

Chikerelance@gmail.com
Re: Mirror Irony Short Story by kinwayne(m): 10:41am On Nov 09, 2016
The Story is about a couple (newly weds) and the lack of communication between them which almost destroyed their marriage.
It talks about the problems most newly weds face early in their marriage.
Re: Mirror Irony Short Story by kinwayne(m): 10:48am On Nov 09, 2016
Cc Lalasticlala, mynd44, fynestboi... Please move to fp
Re: Mirror Irony Short Story by yorhmienerd(m): 10:50am On Nov 09, 2016
Superb. I love it, But can I forgive like that? That I can't say. . .
Re: Mirror Irony Short Story by Horlorlardaey: 10:56am On Nov 09, 2016
i fink i'm loving this
Re: Mirror Irony Short Story by kinwayne(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Superb. I love it, But can I forgive like that? That I can't say. . .

Of course, everyone can forgive.. It's just a matter of commitment..
Re: Mirror Irony Short Story by SUGARBEE(f): 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
Lalasticlala fynestboi food don done.. This piece is fp worthy. Good work..

(1) (Reply)

The Real Big Deal ( A Short Story By Ifedum). / . / Turns Out Bookstore Workers Have Their Own Very Original Kind Of Humor (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.