Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

How To Make Chrome Warn You Before Closing - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Make Chrome Warn You Before Closing (780 Views)

How Do I Fix This Issue When Browsing With Chrome? / 10 Hidden Features In Google Chrome You Didn't Know About / How To Shut Down Your Laptop By Closing It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Chrome Warn You Before Closing by junero2: 10:38am On Nov 09, 2016
Personally, I don’t like browsers that throw up a warning dialog box when you try to close them with multiple tabs open. But I recently discovered that a lot of people do like this functionality, especially when they have dozens of browser tabs loaded. Unfortunately for those users, Chrome doesn't offer a warning box (even as an advanced option) on Windows.If you want to see a warning before closing Chrome here’s a quick solution. Admittedly, it’s a bit of a hack, but it works.Open the websitePrevent Closeby Germany-based developerMichael Armbruster. This website uses JavaScript to throw up a dialog box that asks you if you’re sure you want to leave that specific website.The idea is to always leave that website tab open in Chrome. Then when you click the big red “X” to close the browser, this site throws up a dialog box asking if you’re sure you want to leave that page. If you clickStaythe browser window will not close, if you clickLeaveChrome shuts down.It’s a neat little trick that uses a method less-than-reputable websites have been using for years. This time around, however, this little piece of JS magic is being usedfor good.To make this as painless as possible, I recommend pinning this website to your browser then moving the tab out of the way. To do that open Prevent Close, and then right-click the tab with your mouse. From the context menu selectPin tab....
see full post hear. http://darotech..com/2016/11/how-to-make-chrome-warn-you-before.html

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Joins The Linux Foundation As A Platinum Member / Get Lots Of Questionable Contacts On Mac, How To Fix? / How Ping Of Death Attack Works?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.