Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

KINDLY ADVISE, My Caucasian won't eat! - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / KINDLY ADVISE, My Caucasian won't eat! (4752 Views)

Rate My Caucasian / SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies / My Dog Won't Eat Noodles Waste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KINDLY ADVISE, My Caucasian won't eat! by countsparrow: 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
theyongest:
Thanks sir, you've been very helpful. He's better than he was in the morning now. He ate a tiny dish of rice and smoked (he prefers smoked) fish and went out to take a dump. Here's the first poo since he left the clinic in the morning. Slightly brownish, unlike earlier when it was black.

Fingers crossed, please help pray for him.

It is not parvo... If it was, buy now it will be extremely weak considering it has not been on IV fluid and your dog aint vomiting so definitely it aint parvo
Re: KINDLY ADVISE, My Caucasian won't eat! by Caveatemptor(m): 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
@theyongest,
While it is good to be worried about our pets because they are a part of the family,sometimes these ailments are self inflicted.
We keep our pets chained down I'm one spot 24/7/365. It just isn't right. Pets need exercise. At times these ailments come from keeping these guys chained down or locked up in cages.
No form of exercise,no change of enviroment. It's like they are imprisoned.

My advise take your dog on long walks before feeding him/her.
Secondly,you might think of changing the kind of good you are feeding him,in my experience variety is the spice of a doggy dog life.
How would your appetite be if you were fed chicken and rice everyday?
My advice spice up the dogs diet. variety works better with some dogs and always give them multivitamins like indiet or dog food boosters.
Good luck.
Re: KINDLY ADVISE, My Caucasian won't eat! by theyongest: 10:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
Thanks. I do all that, and as young as he is, I take him for little walks. The problem is how to get him to eat now that he's sick. The last he ate was yesterday evening.
Re: KINDLY ADVISE, My Caucasian won't eat! by theyongest: 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
Thanks to everyone who showed concern and gave some help, y'all appreciated.
The boy is recovering quickly, anemia gone, hookworm gone, poo brown, strength 70%, hyperactiveness 50%, appetite 60%.
Yesterday 19th was his third month anniversary and I'm so thankful he's doing fine.
Re: KINDLY ADVISE, My Caucasian won't eat! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
theyongest:
A few days ago, I put this "Disclaimer : whatever you think of my puppy will not in any way affect how much I love him.

Curiosity they say kills the cat, so after so much debate, I've decided to upload pictures of my 11wks old male Caucasian puppy so[b] individuals with superior knowledge about this breed[/b] can on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 least and 10 highest) rate the pureness of the puppy.

Thanks in advance. " up. The feedback was amazing and I really appreciate everyone who took out time to share their thoughts.
However, this boy caught an infection (suddenly went from hyperactive to 'hyperdull", won't even play, looks pale and weak, lost appetite drinks bits of water every 20mins and shits black poo - apparently contains blood). He's been to the clinic and he's received some care; dewormed against hookworm, got antibiotics and iron injections. He's back home and hopefully getting better, would still visit daily for subsequent medications but HE JUST WON'T EAT.
Gave him a food supplement on the recommendation of the vet but I'm still bothered. I know he will heal faster if he eats,but he just licks the gel (Jojo and/or Orlando canned foods), sniffs the rest and look away.
Has anyone experienced this, how long till he bounces back and please, what else can I do?
I suspect the infection came from my (healthy) adult Doberman, should I separate them, and for how long, I don't know, just advice.

Please upload recent pics of your Caucasian. He's really cute.
Re: KINDLY ADVISE, My Caucasian won't eat! by theyongest: 12:47pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lol, thanks for the kind words but he's not looking cute at the moment. He's losing his puppy hair but still doing really fine. I have one from after we returned from walking this morning and another from a few days

Pls don't laugh

Re: KINDLY ADVISE, My Caucasian won't eat! by theyongest: 12:49pm On Dec 26, 2016
He's 4month, 1 week today.
Re: KINDLY ADVISE, My Caucasian won't eat! by theyongest: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
yolanda1122:
If your business is real and you really want to increase sales, consider running some paid adverts on Nairaland, Jiji, OLX, Facebook, etc. You can also Advertise on Google and get impressive results.

Thanks but NO!, no business here
Re: KINDLY ADVISE, My Caucasian won't eat! by lipman1122: 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
No time to write stories in comment today. Just to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance. Ojasweb Digital Solution wishes you all a joyous celebration.
Re: KINDLY ADVISE, My Caucasian won't eat! by BiggSmoke: 1:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
theyongest:

Thanks but NO!, no business here

Why? My friend opened the business Jiji
Re: KINDLY ADVISE, My Caucasian won't eat! by AggroBug: 2:00pm On Jan 19, 2017
BiggSmoke:

Why? My friend opened the business Jiji

There's all kind of good, a lot of business through trade Jiji

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boerboel Puppies Available / Dog Food / How To Take Care Of A German Shepherd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.