Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:15 PM

The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins (1881 Views)

Cardi B: I Will Have A Mental Problem If Trump Wins Again / We Would Cripple America If We Moved Back To Africa' - Rapper, The Game / Davido Pictured With Lyn Brown, The Benin Based Artist He Vowed To Sign (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins by Austyno4(m): 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2016
Used to dramatic theatrics even if many of them sounded dead serious, dozens of celebs vowed over the last few months to depart the US if Donald Trump won the White House, saying they’d buy a one way ticket to everywhere from Canada to Jupiter. And perhaps some of them planned on carrying through on their threat: overnight Canada’s immigration website crashed from heavy traffic after it became clear that Trump would win. The question, however, now is how many of these provocateurs will be true to their word, especially in a world in which long-held conventions just got slammed overnight: how many of these so-called starts will make good on their promise? So, for the sake of convenience, here is a list of celebrities who claimed they would move out of the U.S. under a Trump administration, courtesy of the Hill, should anyone decide to hold them accountable.

Actors

Bryan Cranston said he hopes he doesn’t have to pack his bags, but would “definitely move” if Trump won. “Absolutely, I would definitely move,” the “Breaking Bad” star said on “The Bestseller Experiment” podcast. “It’s not real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won’t.
”Samuel L. Jackson slammed trump for running a “hate”-filled campaign and said he would move to South Africa if he wins. “If that motherf---er becomes president, I’m moving my black ass to South Africa,” the movie star quipped to Jimmy Kimmel.
Lena Dunham told Andy Cohen at the Matrix Awards that “I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will. I know a lovely place in Vancouver The star and creator of HBO’s “Girls” has been a vocal advocate for Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee.
Neve Campbell, an actress on the political drama “House of Cards,vowed to move back home to Canada, while “Orange is the New Black” actress Natasha Lyonne said she would hightail it to a mental hospital.* * *

singers

cher tweeted this summer that if Trump gets elected, “I’m moving to Jupiter.
Miley Cyrus wrote in an emotional Instagram post in March that tears were running down her cheek and she was unbelievably scared and sad. “I am moving if he is president,” the young pop star said. “I don’t say things I don’t mean!”
Barbara Streisand, a vocal Clinton supporter, told “60 Minutes” that “I’m either coming to your country if you’ll let me in, or Canada.
”Ne-Yo told TMZ last month that he’d move to Canada and be neighbors with fellow R&B singer Drake if the country elected Trump.* * *

Source: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-09/these-are-celebrities-who-vowed-leave-america-if-trump-wins
Re: The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins by AGUBANZE(m): 6:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
Correct source or you chew ban
Re: The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins by Austyno4(m): 6:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
AGUBANZE:
Correct source or you chew ban
Correct source
Re: The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins by Austyno4(m): 6:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
They should leave already
Re: The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins by ShayGirl(f): 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2016
Smh
Re: The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins by ShayGirl(f): 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2016
Who cares?? undecided undecided
Their leaving wouldn't stop Trump from still being the president or make U.S lack inhabitants..
See free opportunity of enjoying a good country and they r thinking of leaving...where many are dying to have that opportunity and leave this goddam country...Mtscheeeeeew! How I wish they could come settle in naija so they can know how far, probably then, they would know how lucky they r. angry sad angry
Re: The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins by Austyno4(m): 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2016
ShayGirl:
Who cares?? undecided undecided
Their leaving wouldn't stop Trump from still being the president or make U.S lack inhabitants..
See free opportunity of enjoying a good country and they r thinking of leaving...where many are dying to have that opportunity and leave this goddam country...Mtscheeeeeew! How I wish they could come settle in naija so they can know how far, probably then, they would know how lucky they r. angry sad angry

Canada immigration website crashed today, apparently some people seriously wants to leave.
Re: The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins by ShayGirl(f): 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2016
Austyno4:

Canada immigration website crashed today, apparently some people seriously wants to leave.

Hehehe...Goodluck to them then
Re: The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins by Kobicove(m): 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2016
They can move...what are they waiting for?
Re: The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:25pm On Nov 09, 2016
sia would be sad by now
cuz Hilary inspired her to sing the dope - THE GREATEST
finally trump cme get stamina

(1) (Reply)

Mr P Of Psquare Celibrates His Marriage Anniversary (photos) / . / STARBOY: Wizkid Glows In Nice Gucci Wear(see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.