Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Ladies Know Your Limit - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Know Your Limit (26471 Views)

Why Marry When You Know Your Libido Is Low???? / FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother / Know Your Angels And See How They Can Be Of Help To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by teeghurl(f): 10:25pm On Nov 14, 2016
Smh, that's life for you. The same people you are bursting your as.s for will be the first to rub it in your face. In this life, you owe nobody anything. Help when u can but dnt break your back to satisfy anyone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by LorDBolton(m): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2016
drbolade:
Trust nairalanders with their views and ''yabbings. There are some assumptions you guys are making that are not correct. It takes courage to post a topic like this and want people to learn from your own mistake, if people will do anyway. I am sure some of you shouting ungrateful will say I am bragging if I said I have done this or that for her, but does that one change her status no. A poster claim the topic is gender bias well sorry for that but from experience women are more emotional and being tempt to take up such responsibilities, for instance my sister is the fourth born. Note the only reason while I post this topic is just for people to learn and that is all

Well I've really learnt sha...

You're the first doc i've ever met who's sounded unintelligent.

She shouldn't have played God? Wow! Guess what? Your kids will show u pepper!

No be curse, ingratitude dey ur blood thus whatever you're doing for ur kids today when you're old they'll tell u point blank that even if u didn't send them to school, feed them, protect them they'll still make it in life.

As for acidosis no prizes for guessing you're not exposed @ all, read up on the term adaption. U can even ask google the relationship between adaptation n survival.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by LorDBolton(m): 10:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
teeghurl:
Smh, that's life for you. The same people you are bursting your as.s for will be the first to rub it in your face. In this life, you owe nobody anything. Help when u can but dnt break your back to satisfy anyone

Azzin i'm stupified by this page I had to save it.

I expect it from strangers or friends but family?

The mother failed them to be honest, I keep looking at the moniker to understand how a supposed "doctor" who should be soo knowledgeable post such.

Isn't he / she also trying to play GOD by healing sick patients who could die if he/she messes up?

I smh 4 the Op

6 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by MrImole: 10:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
I may be able to help your sister concerning the HIV treatment, just pray it works for her.

NB: I'm not a fraudster, I'm only touched by your story, I'M NOT ASKING YOU FOR ANY MONEY O.

I may even help you to beg my source to give you "testing" (I pray he agrees)

Cc: Drbolade
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by mayorkyzo: 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
This op is an ungrateful bastard....how would your sister feel if she sees this....thunder go fire u...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
As in.... I don't usually comment but..
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
As in.... I don't usually comment but... Can you imagine the animal!! coming around forming adviser... making mockery of her sister in disguise. It shall never be well with you. Camel!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Emassive(m): 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2016
My sister does this and I always try to tell her she needs to focus on her own home before its too late. She supports so many home including all the family grand children. She even supports me whenever Salaries can't solve backlogged upkeeps. She is a darling but I try to hide it from her so she can face realities of Life yet she does more the next minute. GOD Bless all our Family's Joseph
njiasi30:
Enya cry op BC things re ok with u and ur family now, u now think dat she shouldn't ve done more Dan her limit undecided or probably u would ve been successful one way or d other without her help. She sacrificed 4 d well being of d family and ur thank u is dis... cry How many ppl can do what she did? D kind of sis dat everyone wish to ve. Human being..... May God heal ur sister and restore her back.

Change ur mindset pls undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Phi001(m): 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
Nairalanders are their negative view of things.

Ignoring the underlying and striking at the superficial...

It's cute if you want to help your family but when you go about it the wrong way, you suffer the consequences alone.

Just look at Cookie!

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by aiir2303(m): 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
Acidosis:
Your sister acted f00lishly.

She did all she did because she loved the experiences.. She enjoyed every bit of it.

Pray for your sister, and make her happy. It is normal for any/every-one to cater and help their relatives, whether they make legitimate money or not.

If I make legitimate money, I will provide for my family. If I steal to survive, I will still provide for my family. So what's the issue about again?

This here is total rubbish. What were u saying again. You could not even contribute meaningfully, no wonder it's devoid of likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by aiir2303(m): 11:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
Acidosis:
Your sister acted f00lishly.

She did all she did because she loved the experiences.. She enjoyed every bit of it.

Pray for your sister, and make her happy. It is normal for any/every-one to cater and help their relatives, whether they make legitimate money or not.

If I make legitimate money, I will provide for my family. If I steal to survive, I will still provide for my family. So what's the issue about again?

This here is total rubbish. What were u saying again. You could not even contribute meaningfully, no wonder it's devoid of likes .what's s the meaning of "she did all she did because she enjoyed the experience " look at your self....

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by OsuGanja(m): 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2016
Latty88:

So what is your point now?

Pointless like .
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Aston02(m): 11:09pm On Nov 14, 2016
I still can't understand why most nairalanders are quick in judging the op. From my own perspective, the op is just trying to caution us to know our boundaries when trying to help others...it shouldn't be the detriment of your own life. Wait...do you think the op is happy with the current state of her sister? From my own view, she's not. In fact, she feels sorry for her and somewhat angry at her for taking her own life for granted in other to save others. Try and read in between the lines...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by aiir2303(m): 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
Yieldings:
She sponsored the second born's wedding, sponsored the third born through university, fed the family. All of these involved a lot of money and all of these greatly outweigh whatever desires she wanted to satisfy.

Intention often precedes action. If we're to question whether her intention was to satisfy her desires or to help her family, I would go with the latter. One way to find out is to ask, "What was she doing with the money she was making?". She was clearly using it to help her family. If she was selfish, she would've kept all the money to herself / used it to take care of herself but this wasn't the case, so I imagine her family's situation was what made her start, not her desires; and it was probably what kept her going - since they were relying on her.

I agree with your point totally. One might not know why she started but certainly one knows what actually "kept her going" using your words

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:23pm On Nov 14, 2016
Some people are just getting emotional about this, which I think is unnecessary.

@OP: Firstly, your mother and the rest of the family FAILED your sister. Your sister also failed herself. Poverty may be very tough, but there is always the proper way to mitigate through such situation.

Your sister followed the illegitimate and immoral route thinking she could achieve fun and help your family escape poverty but only ended up messing up her life.

Your mother and matured siblings (as then was) could not denounce her immoral act and reject proceeds of her action, but enjoyed the goodies that came with prostitution thinking it is well.

Every matured member of your family (as then was) including your mother and your HIV sister destroyed the Lady. It is a shame but a scar is already in the family.

This is a case of a man taking to vices to feed his family. he will end up losing his own life and tarnish the family image.

I trust my family, not even under extreme poverty will my parents accept monies that came from illegitimate source.

Anyway, the deed has been done. Unfortunately, your sister took a decision and will face the consequence. Your family failed her then, but you can remedy it by showing her maximum love.

That's a cross your family will have to bear

@NLders: The Moral lesson is NEVER because of any circumstance take to immorality.

6 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Missmossy(f): 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2016
Eww what exactly is your point?? She obviously doesn't need your pity. What she needs now is your unwavering love and care. She must have had series of regrets by now.

No use crying over spilt milk. Was been a Street walker the only way to fend for you guys?? Anyways the die is cast already. No need judging her because she helped each of you to get where you are. She is still blood.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Cchuks27(m): 11:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
Ungrateful idioot ... You're such a wastee. I pray I never come across such a selfish person as you dumboo

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by fergieboy: 11:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
Acidosis:

I will share in your view if OP can attend to my queries:

- does your sister purchased a car, fine and expensive jewelry, a house, or at least a well furnished apartment for HERSELF?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by crazymommy(f): 11:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Some people are just getting emotional about this, which I think is unnecessary.

@OP: F

Your sister followed the illegitimate and immoral route thinking she could achieve fun and help your family escape poverty but only ended up messing up her life.

Every matured member of your family (as then was) including your mother and your HIV sister destroyed the Lady. It is a shame but a scar is already in the family.

Anyway, the deed has been done. Unfortunately, your sister took a decision and will face the consequence. Your family failed her then, but you can remedy it by showing her maximum love.

@NLders: The Moral lesson is NEVER because of any circumstance take to immorality.
now the fact is the lady might still decide to go through the moral way and become a bricklayer and she breaks her spinal cord while doing the job??so will that stop the op from creating a thread like this??will that stop the ungrateful attitude of the op??pls when we want to make comments we should think from all sides and not just from one lane....

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
-
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Acidosis(m): 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

@OP: Firstly, your mother and the rest of the family FAILED your sister. Your sister also failed herself. Poverty may be very tough, but there is always the proper way to mitigate through such situation.

Your mother and matured siblings (as then was) could not denounce her immoral act and reject proceeds of her action, but enjoyed the goodies that came with prostitution thinking it is well.

This is a case of a man taking to vices to fees his family. he will end up losing his own life and tarnish the family image.

I trust my family, not even under extreme poverty will my parents accept monies that came from illegitimate source.

Trust me, not everyone will understand your points. I think the word HIV got them too emotional, thereby distorting a chance for common sense utilization.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
Caracta:
Just when you thought you've seen it all...

OP, I don't get. What limits exactly? And why is it gender-based? If she had held back, you would have been the first to throw stones at her and condemn her for doing really good without helping her siblings. You would have condemned her for eating chicken while you ate ponmo. There is no satisfying humans. No matter how well you try, people would find faults. That's some scary shiiit coming from one's sibling.

And acidosis, sorry, are you OK?
Excuse me, please how is the story gender based?
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Mobsync(m): 11:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
drbolade:
Last weekend we Celebrated mumssie in her 4 bedroom bungalow built by our first born to mark her 70th birthday; nice music, good food, nice wine etc. and I look at some years back when things were extremely difficult. I lost my dad when I was in primary 2 age 7yrs, our first born was in his final year in university.

Things were extremely difficult and that was how my sister comes in a dad figure.I can not mentioned all her good deed towards the family but let me just site some instances.

My sister single handedly sponsor our second born wedding, she sponsor our third born through university and on many occasion she used to feed the family. We used to called her mother Theresa.

Unfortunately some years back she was diagnosed of HIV yeah you heard me right and she became the ghost of her former self. Now to the glory of God everybody is doing fine and I keep thinking who knows if my sister did not try to play god probably everybody would have eventually turn out good though things might even be more difficult then. Though we are still one big happy family despite her status but how i wish...

Ladies please don't play God over your siblings do your best not at your own expense

Sorry to say, but if I understand what you are saying, your sister turned into prostitution to keep the family going and you have this to say.

You are definitely a bad person.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
crazymommy:
now the fact is the lady might still decide to go through the moral way and become a bricklayer and she breaks her spinal cord while doing the job??so will that stop the op from creating a thread like this??will that stop the ungrateful attitude of the op??pls when we want to make comments we should think from all sides and not just from one lane....
Ma'am the OP's family were not the first to experience extreme poverty, and can NEVER be the last.

Nothing justifies immortality and nothing can legitimise it. It would have been better to hustle through the thick and thin for a better future than through an ignoble path that only offers temporal succour.

It is unfortunate that the OP's family watched and merried as their sister was destroying herself. They should forget the past and work towards giving the HIV woman a better life, care and support.

As for the reason behind the thread, it could be that OP is trying to warn us using her family experience. I see no wrong though I think it was unnecessary.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by kullozone(m): 11:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
Aston02:
I still can't understand why most nairalanders are quick in judging the op. From my own perspective, the op is just trying to caution us to know our boundaries when trying to help others...it shouldn't be the detriment of your own life. Wait...do you think the op is happy with the current state of her sister? From my own view, she's not. In fact, she feels sorry for her and somewhat angry at her for taking her own life for granted in other to save others. Try and read in between the lines...

I Tire oh!
Don't even bother explaining anything, they won't take it lightly.
I regret opening this thread, even some i thought smart were the ones who dropped the worst comments. None of them saw the the point of this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:00am On Nov 15, 2016
Acidosis:

Trust me, not everyone will understand your points. I think the word HIV got them too emotional, thereby distorting a chance for common sense utilization.
Exactly! People can be emotional. I think some of them are concluding that OP was an ingrate that is trying to scorn her sister.

But from my understanding, I think OP was only trying to pass a moral message.

BTW The family of the OP and the lady bleeped up big time

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by crazymommy(f): 12:07am On Nov 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Ma'am the OP's family were not the first to experience extreme poverty, and can NEVER be the last.

Nothing justifies immortality and nothing can legitimise it. It would have been better to hustle through the thick and thin for a better future than through an ignoble path that only offers temporal succour.

It is unfortunate that the OP's family watched and merried as their sister was destroying herself. They should forget the past and work towards giving the HIV woman a better life, care and support.

As for the reason behind the thread, it could be that OP is trying to warn us using her family experience. I see no wrong though I think it was unnecessary.
no one is justifying immorality here,what am saying is if the op and his family during that time where busy enjoying the money they got from the sister and never warned her or reject the money then the OP does not have any right to judge her or create a thread like this because it is hypocrisy ...and by the way she could have gotten the hiv through any other means..many people that are not even doing prostitution still get infected with hiv...there are so so many ways anyone can become infected...sex is not the only way...and yes i still maintain my stance that the op is ungrateful and a big hypocrite...:
Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by mrjojo: 12:07am On Nov 15, 2016
I know some one that shares similarities with this story.
They lost their parent when they were young and she the first daughter out of 6 children single handedly took care of ALL of me, education and all, at her own detriment.
Well she is 72yrs nw with no kid or husband of her own. She was just too busy working to save her family. Till now she is still assisting children of her siblings with her pension.

I think the lesson is don't be so hell bent on helping at your own detriment simple.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Acidosis(m): 12:09am On Nov 15, 2016
Aston02:

They can't read in between the lines unless they take an anti-emotional pill. It's shameful, and the level of insults melted on her is absolutely unnecessary.

I personal feel she used some words wrongly (e.g. "god", however I perfectly understand the underlying meaning as not everyone has good composition skill). It takes a non-emotional mind to capture the very essence of this thread.

No amount of care, pity or sorrow can be as much as what she (OP) feels right now. Being a Doc is even an advantage and I'm sure she must have done a lot to help her sister (she actually talked about this on page 2/3). Life is all about give and take.

Seeing the level of curses on this thread, it would be very difficult for her to come here again to make her opinions known. A poster even asked her to delete this thread as he found it distasteful and an insult on her sister. One can only imagine the hypocritical mentality of these folks - same folks that come here daily to discuss their cheating wives, husband's weaknesses, mother-in-law troubles, etc.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Excuse me, please how is the story gender based?

[b][/b] LADIES. Know your limit.

Lol... So she became a prostitute to help and the thanks she gets is this? grin And your'e saying if she didn't you all will have still turned out okay... Wow...

So your children will come and tell you that even if you didn't provide food shelter clothing and education, they would have still turned out okay... Crap. Serious crap.

I get the Op is just trying to advice and all... But nah. You don't use someone who worked hard for all of you as an example. Biko. The girl tried. If not for her, they would have been nowhere. Nowhere.

But... This life sha.. You Bleep for them... They will say even if you didn't do it we would have been okay. You don't Bleep for them... Chai!!! Lazy idiot! See how all her younger ones are suffering.

Even if you walk in water they will say Yu no sabi swim... Abg...

1 Like

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by Acidosis(m): 12:21am On Nov 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Exactly! People can be emotional. I think some of them are concluding that OP was an ingrate that is trying to scorn her sister.

But from my understanding, I think OP was only trying to pass a moral message.

BTW The family of the OP and the lady bleeped up big time

OP was simply trying to pass a moral message.

She lost her dad at age 7, how could she have gotten the courage at age 7 to advise her sister?

Somewhere on this thread, she said she sponsored herself through school, maybe Uni (of course, her sister must have helped in her own way).

For her to have come out openly on Nl, I want to believe she never really loved the nature of her sister's job. Perhaps, she never had that courage to talk to her sister. It could also be that she never knew the nature of her sister's job until...

There's more to this issue than mere emotions.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Know Your Limit by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:22am On Nov 15, 2016
crazymommy:
no one is justifying immorality here,what am saying is if the op and his family during that time where busy enjoying the money they got from the sister and never warned her or reject the money then the OP does not have any right to judge her or create a thread like this because it is hypocrisy ...and by the way she could have gotten the hiv through any other means..many people that are not even doing prostitution still get infected with hiv...there are so so many ways anyone can become infected...sex is not the only way...and yes i still maintain my stance that the op is ungrateful and a big hypocrite...:
If you read my first post on thread(that you first quoted), I spelt it clearly that the OP's family INCLUDING her mother and the HIV Sister failed the Lady. Their acceptance of her vice and appreciation of the proceed of her immorality was a direct endorsement of her action.

Secondly, we need no prophet to know that she was into PROSTITUTION, and she contracted her HIV from it. Else, how could a young lady without legitimate income make such sweet money? (as then was).

As for OP, while I blame her family including all matured siblings (as then was), I may not fault her. This is because, she was a kid during that period and in African families the kids have no say. She did mention that she worked to sponsor her schooling. Calling her hypocrite is absolutely inappropriate but it is your right to form your own opinion.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband / Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday / Tell Me Your Dreams. I Interpret All Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.