Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,848 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? (17842 Views)

White People Dress As Blacks And Carry Nigerian Flag For Halloween (Pic) / Over 200,000 Lagosians Gathered To Celebrate 2014 Lagos Countdown (photos) / My Message To Nigerians As We Celebrate Independence In The Next Hour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:14am On Nov 02, 2009
also this thread is a pretty lame topic to make FRONT PAGE!
thats like asking why dont nigerians celebrate:
Dia de los muertos
thanksgiving (american one)
Hanukkah
Chinese New Year
St. Patrick's Day (its not an exaclty an american holiday but its on our calender and the irish brought it over)
ect. . .

dinggle:

Halloween are for those who can manage their evil ways, can we manage ours??, If halloween is celebrated in Nigeria, it will be a day of rituals and killings, a day that children go missing etc, noway Nigeria isn't fit for halloween celebration.
for the last time, halloween isnt evil!!
it started as a way to ward off evil. people were scared the dead was going to come back to haunt them, so they dressed up to disguise themsleves, so the REAL demons couldnt tell the real ones from the fake ones.
it didnt start out as worshiping the devil or evil, it started as a way to RID EVIL!
why do nigerians seriously do this? they dont look into another person's culture or anything like that before passing statements, yet when someone judges a culture or something found in nigeria without actually knowing about it, they get angry.
its the same thing, visa versa.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 1:33am On Nov 02, 2009
agabaI23:

I had to ask not the church but the Irish locals who claim to have started it.

Did you read my reply above?
yes i did. it is a very very old celtic holiday it predates christianity and has several similar holidays on every continent
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agabaI23(m): 1:38am On Nov 02, 2009
agathamari:

yes i did. it is a very very old celtic holiday it predates christianity and has several similar holidays on every continent

But you sure know the reason behind the holiday?
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:38am On Nov 02, 2009
agabaI23:

na wa oooo
if that is the problem, go to google, abeg.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by bjmighty(m): 1:48am On Nov 02, 2009
Well for me, i have been attending Halloween parties in the last couple of days and it has been real great and fun galore!!!!!
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 1:49am On Nov 02, 2009
agabaI23:

im f*cking irish for christ sake and its one of the most sacred holidays in celtic tradition.  

your question is like me asking a nigerian if they understand one of thier most important cultural holiday or asking my fellow americans the significe of thanksgiving (the holiday)
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agabaI23(m): 1:51am On Nov 02, 2009
Amaka get off my back with your stupid comments. Do not ever comment on my posts. You are irritating.
bjmighty:

Well for me, i have been attending Halloween parties in the last couple of days and it has been real great and fun galore!!!!!

I had a beautiful party yesterday. Any reason to party is welcome.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agabaI23(m): 1:53am On Nov 02, 2009
agathamari:

im f*cking irish for christ sake and its one of the most sacred holidays in celtic tradition.  

your question is like me asking a nigerian if they understand one of thier most important cultural holiday or asking my fellow americans the significe of thanksgiving (the holiday)
What's the craic?

That question was rhetoric so no fucking reason to fucking swear. And stop fucking swearing here grin
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:53am On Nov 02, 2009
agabaI23:

Amaka get off my back with your stupid comments. Do not ever comment on my posts. You are irritating.

I had a beautiful party yesterday. Any reason to party is welcome.
lmao!!
is that what is biting you?
oooopss!! i commented again, my mistake
grin

agathamari:

nigerian and irish? cool.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 1:57am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

nigerian and irish? cool.
nigerian by marriage only. almost 100% irish (little german and danish in there)

agabaI23:

What's the craic?

That question was rhetoric so no fucking reason to fucking swear. And stop fucking swearing here grin

sorry i must have misunderstood what you were implying. i took it is a how would you know type of thing. my apologies
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:58am On Nov 02, 2009
wait, wait, wait!!
YOURE WHITE?!?!!? shocked shocked shocked shocked
i thought you were half irish or something. undecided
my mistake.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agabaI23(m): 2:00am On Nov 02, 2009
agathamari:

nigerian by marriage only. almost 100% irish (little german and danish in there)
sorry i must have misunderstood what you were implying. i took it is a how would you know type of thing. my apologies
Apologies pocketed!
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 2:01am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

wait, wait, wait!!
YOURE WHITE?!?!!? shocked shocked shocked shocked
i thought you were half irish or something. undecided
my mistake.
thought you knew.  im always getting yelled at for being white on here.  it makes me the devil incarnate to some people here  undecided
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 2:02am On Nov 02, 2009
agabaI23:

Apologies pocketed!
did you have a question or im i just to tired to understand grin
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:06am On Nov 02, 2009
agathamari:

thought you knew. im always getting yelled at for being white on here. it makes me the devil incarnate to some people here undecided
you really get yelled at for being white?
i didnt know that.
lol some nigerians mehn.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 2:08am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

you really get yelled at for being white?
i didnt know that.
lol some nigerians mehn.
sometimes it pisses me off and other times makes me laugh.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:12am On Nov 02, 2009
agathamari:

sometimes it pisses me off and other times makes me laugh.
lol
this WHOLE time i thought you were a nigerian. lol
boy was i wrong.
and then i thought okay maybe she is half nigerian/irish. lol

so how long have you been married? do you think your husband married you only cause you were white and he wanted some papers or something?
lol im just asking cause thats the case most of the time.
you can decline to answer if you wish. lol
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 2:16am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

lol
this WHOLE time i thought you were a nigerian. lol
boy was i wrong.
and then i thought okay maybe she is half nigerian/irish. lol

so how long have you been married? do you think your husband married you only cause you were white and he wanted some papers or something?
lol im just asking cause thats the case most of the time.
you can decline to answer if you wish. lol
2 years been in nigeria since.  he told his friends he wanted to marry a white lady ever since jr high and with the way he acted in the beging i think alot of it had to do with papers but since ive been here and he is learning about other countries i think he has relized the grass isnt always greener on the other side
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:21am On Nov 02, 2009
is he one of those Nigerian guys that wanted to marry a white woman as a way to "marry up" or "marry higher in society" ?
if thats the case he has a messed up way of thinking! angry
oh, so you are IN nigeria? hmmm interesting.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by hedges007(m): 2:23am On Nov 02, 2009
People havn't finished celebrating Jesus Christ, someone is here promoting Halloween, enough of gods and evil celebrations. not only Halloween, what of Halogen, Halloween My Ass, Hissssssssssssssssssssssssssss and log out. angry
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 2:26am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

is he one of those Nigerian guys that wanted to marry a white woman as a way to "marry up" or "marry higher in society" ?
if thats the case he has a messed up way of thinking! angry
oh, so you are IN nigeria? hmmm interesting.
 you would be surprised of how he has changed in those 2 years before very chovanistic now much more liberal lol.  
hedges007:

People havn't finished celebrating Jesus Christ, someone is here promoting Halloween, enough of gods and evil celebrations. Halloween My Ass, Hissssssssssssssssssssssssssss and log out. angry
holloween came before jesus i hate to tell you
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by hedges007(m): 2:39am On Nov 02, 2009
Needless to know why u are an arrant advocate of halloween, You forgot that, in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God and the word became flesh and dwelth among us,(which is Jesus Christ) nothing comes before him ok? Hey! pls dont insult my intelligence here, i'm bold enough to say, 'TO HELL WITH HALLOWEEN' u can celebrate it in ur own private room ok/
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 2:45am On Nov 02, 2009
hedges007:

Needless to know why u are an arrant advocate of halloween, You forgot that, in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God and the word became flesh and dwelth among us,(which is Jesus Christ) nothing comes before him ok? Hey! pls dont insult my intelligence here, i'm bold enough to say, 'TO HELL WITH HALLOWEEN' u can celebrate it in your own private room ok/
nothing came before jesus? what about judism which is where chistianity sprang from, that was around 2000 years before jesus. didnt the book claim adam and eve came 8000 years before jesus? but before jesus there was nothing. ok
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by hedges007(m): 3:01am On Nov 02, 2009
So you wanna come up again with another fallacy? Now hear this, chritianity is never a Religion ok? thats is a practical truth, religions were made from Christainity. Obviously u are a polytheist. I need not to waste time here. Perhaps all u want us to do is to wish YOU " hAPPY HALLOWEEN" are u satisfied?
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 3:05am On Nov 02, 2009
hedges007:

So you wanna come up again with another fallacy? Now hear this, chritianity is never a Religion ok? thats is a practical truth, religions were made from Christainity. Obviously u are a polytheist. I need not to waste time here. Perhaps all u want us to do is to wish YOU " hAPPY HALLOWEEN" are u satisfied?
im the one afraid of god and religion.  becaue i understand that christianity is one of thousands of religions.  your the one afraid of what others believe,  and a happy holloween is not what i want from you or anyone i want the damn hypacracy to stop.  if i sat here and said easter was evil because you celebrate a dead guy comming back to life you would barrade me with insults and quotations of the bible but yet its ok for you to do the sasme about another groups religon or cultural beliefs or heratige
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:05am On Nov 02, 2009
agathamari:

you would be surprised of how he has changed in those 2 years before very chovanistic now much more liberal lol.
what exactly do you mean?
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08am On Nov 02, 2009
Click to find out the real meaning of "Halloween"

[flash=400,300]http://media.chick.com/tract_9.swf[/flash]
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by hedges007(m): 3:13am On Nov 02, 2009
Oh my God, who do you refer to as dead Guy, honestly you are still under the influence of too much Ogogoro and paraga you must have taken during ur celebration. perhaps you will soon bite off than you can chew.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 3:14am On Nov 02, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

what exactly do you mean?
said i had to ask permition to cut my hair, sid he would never work for a woman, could say please to a guy but never a girl, would call other girls infront of me, would interupt me and other girls when they would talk
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 3:17am On Nov 02, 2009
hedges007:

People havn't finished celebrating Jesus Christ, someone is here promoting Halloween, enough of gods and evil celebrations. not only Halloween, what of Halogen, Halloween My Ass, Hissssssssssssssssssssssssssss and log out. angry
HOGWASH!!!! We ain't all christian ya know? undecided It's up to the individual to celebrate whatever event they so wish too.
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by agathamari(f): 3:18am On Nov 02, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Click to find out the real meaning of "Halloween"

[flash=400,300]http://media.chick.com/tract_9.swf[/flash]
yeah too bad it says the jack 'o lantern is a druid tradion when it is irish catholic story
hedges007:

Oh my God, who do you refer to as dead Guy, honestly you are still under the influence of too much Ogogoro and paraga you must have taken during your celebration. perhaps you will soon bite off than you can chew.
hello jesus or are you forgeting the who religion is based around him dieing and then being resurected from the dead
Re: Why Don't We Celebrate Halloween In Nigeria? by babaowambe: 3:19am On Nov 02, 2009
the bible says  the devil comes as an angel of light,   making deeply evil things look quite harmless or religious,sadly enough many people are taken unawares, if you really see haloween as it really is you will need no one to tell you to turn to
God, so haloween costumes,pumpkins, trick or treats,  etc. are just a cover, bait or lure to hell so all beware!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Hosts Gulder Ultimate Search XI- 2014 / 50-year-old Spinster Weds In Abuja RCCG (photos) / 4 People Drowned In A River In Benue State Buried Amidst Tears(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.