Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. (17305 Views)

FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence / Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by repogirl(f): 8:14am On Nov 11, 2016
dangotesmummy:
that one is small na.come to lagos them never park in the middle of the road to strip themselves and fight while causing hold up and then people begin to horn but them no send. If you get down from your car to separate them you're only aggravating matters,they'll face you and begin to fight you. Before you know it it's free for all

Little petty thieves and pick pockets take advantage of the traffic congestion to begin to rob
One time one fool hit my car where I parked waiting for someone, with myself and my kids in it, luckily we were all strapped in.

As I came down to tackle the fool who was claiming his brake failed, one of his friends went to the windows looking into the car but the windows were wined up. I didn't grab that the guy was looking for something to steal until one lady passing by told me to just go cos those guys were shady.

The fool's headlights were broken but my bumper was only mildly scratched, so I left.

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by dangotesmummy: 8:14am On Nov 11, 2016
ariesbull:

Well, that's a story for another day

The curses in Lagos is so much .. what is oloribruku seff?

I just don't get it
someone who's head can never accept prayer.no matter how annoited the pastor is,even if 50 of kumuyi lays hands on his head he will never prosper .that's the literal translation. Other translation means an unfortunate person or someone who's head IS cursed grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by tete7000(m): 8:18am On Nov 11, 2016
Kjnwancaro:
I think Ibadan is the worse place to drive in Nigeria

Ibadan is a paradise. Come to lagos and experience traffic madness. I am talking from experience. Grew up in a part of Ibadan and now live in Lagos. I always miss Ibadan. The two no be the same at all. Lagos is one hell of a place.

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by dangotesmummy: 8:18am On Nov 11, 2016
repogirl:
One time one fool hit my car where I parked waiting for someone, with myself and my kids in it, luckily we were all strapped in.

As I came down to tackle the fool who was claiming his brake failed, one of his friends went to the windows looking into the car but the windows were wined up. I didn't grab that the guy was looking for something to steal until one lady passing by told me to just go cos those guys were shady.

The fool's headlights were broken but my bumper was only mildly scratched, so I left.
YEs that's true. That's another gimick of a Lagos thief.some will even knock the Windows of your door and tell you to wind down that they want to tell you something .that's when you're trapped in hold up.don't mind them o.the moment you wind down they'll threaten you with a gun and before you know it they'll force themselves into your car.they usually do this with women who are driving alone because they know they can't easily do that to their fellow men

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by repogirl(f): 8:20am On Nov 11, 2016
dangotesmummy:
YEs that's true. That's another gimick of a Lagos thief.some will even knock the Windows of your door and tell you to wind down that they want to tell you something .that's when you're trapped in hold up.don't mind them o.the moment you wind down they'll threaten you with a gun and before you know it they'll force themselves into your car.they usually do this with women who are driving alone because they know they can't easily do that to their fellow men
Mine happened in Abuja, I guess they are using Lagos tactics over here now.

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Ninilowo(m): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2016
Oda bii pe werey lele yi sha

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by valmunich(m): 8:23am On Nov 11, 2016
ba7man:
was driving along Ikorodu expressway once leaving Ikorodu at a moderate speed on the outer lane and all of a sudden a car turned from the inner lane to the opposite lane without trafficating.

I slammed my brakes hard that the tires squealed till I stopped just shy of hitting that car alongside.

I wound down my window and was like...... "Madam, what are you.... " she suddenly replied me " Shut up!!! you're stupid!!! fool!!!.... ".

I was in shock at her reaction and ignorance..... I just kept quiet and waved her on.
Lol, i can so relate to what the woman did. I do that sometimes. . Some Drivers can go overboard with their abuses over a small mistake, and that alone can be way demeaning.
So, to be on the safer side and not look like an amateur driver, it's better to pick on the other driver even when you're wrong, that way, we both share the burden of the scathing remarks.
Besides, admitting a fault never solved anything on the Nigerian road.

PS: This is only advisable when there's no physical damage incurred on the other driver's car

3 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by faitheverest(f): 8:23am On Nov 11, 2016
Turks:
Lol...Hurling insults still dey okay...

Have you ever been spat on?
Have you ever had objects thrown at you by the driver?

I've had pure water hurled at me by a driver once... cry
Hahahajhhahhahahaahhaa...sorry bro

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by akpoazaa1(m): 8:26am On Nov 11, 2016
no traffic rules for naija...na our mouth be traffic unless u dont want to go home with your vehicle sound..the one that pains most is when it involves the public transport... even the passengers will join hands with the driver to finish you..

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by faitheverest(f): 8:27am On Nov 11, 2016
You never hear "go park you papa carrr"
If you use this your carton jam my keke eeee,you go see". Bro na range over sport and keke ooo

Ndi aba shaaa

3 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by ba7man(m): 8:31am On Nov 11, 2016
valmunich:

Lol, i can so relate to what the woman did. I do that sometimes. . Some Drivers can go overboard with their abuses over a small mistake, and that alone can be way demeaning.
So, to be on the safer side and not look like an amateur driver, it's better to pick on the other driver even when you're wrong, that way, we both share the burden of the scathing remarks.
Besides, admitting a fault never solved anything on the Nigerian road.

PS: This is only advisable when there's no physical damage incurred on the other driver's car
That's the law of "First attack". Lol.

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by muller101(m): 8:31am On Nov 11, 2016
When driving on nigerian roads. Consider ur self insane cos other road users are mad as well

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by dangotesmummy: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2016
repogirl:
Mine happened in Abuja, I guess they are using Lagos tactics over here now.
grin

If you're stuck in hold up and they come around make sure you're at alert.lock all your doors and if possible press your horn very well to attract attention. They hate horn and noise because they know it will expose them

Make sure you keep an eye on you kids if they're with you in the car

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by omitade01: 8:44am On Nov 11, 2016
I got a bad tire and manage to overtake a sluggish trailer. Unfortunately the tire got worst and the car wasn't moving fast the trailer overtook me and poured in my car like 4litres of urine that had been kept overnight. I nearly cried.

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Vince77(m): 9:08am On Nov 11, 2016
colossus2:

You need to drive in Benin grin

Benin is not that bad compared to other places like Onitsha and some other places pple r mentioning.

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by HomeOfMe(f): 9:09am On Nov 11, 2016
For those street kids that suddenly cross the road in a crowded neighbourhood:aje emere,ti won ba ran e so Li so fun won pe o ba mi nle.

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by timpaker(m): 9:12am On Nov 11, 2016
I got more than i bargained for when I abused a driver at NNPC petrol station in Zone 1, Abuja.

The lady scratched my car while trying to break the queue and was forming British accent for me, I didn't know what came over me and I said

"See as you be like your car, get out joor"

The lady drives a Toyota Corolla 2003 model and has a pint-sized stature.

The lady got out from her car, spoke some words that sounded like and incantation and hurled her phone at my windscreen, giving it a crack.

People just gather dey hold and beg the lady instead of me....

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by chiefobdk(m): 9:15am On Nov 11, 2016
Me. I curse for africa.

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by MrLeno(m): 9:15am On Nov 11, 2016
colossus2:

Gbam!!
Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by ariesbull: 9:16am On Nov 11, 2016
dangotesmummy:
someone who's head can never accept prayer.no matter how annoited the pastor is,even if 50 of kumuyi lays hands on his head he will never prosper .that's the literal translation. Other translation means an unfortunate person or someone who's head IS cursed grin

lol

now i get it. Omo people get curses shaa

LoL

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by ariesbull: 9:19am On Nov 11, 2016
Dont mess with women, I was driving to work around Dopemu ..those that know lagos...A woman bashed me from back...then when I came out to pick my battered bumper...she started shouting.... DONT YOU HAVE A WIFE AT HOME, YOU SHOULD HAVE PITY ON MY LITTLE BABY.

I just couldnt get it

Lagos can curse sha

timpaker:
I got more than i bargained for when I abused a driver at NNPC petrol station in Zone 1, Abuja.

The lady scratched my car while trying to break the queue and was forming British accent for me, I didn't what came over me and I said

"See as you be like your car, get out joor"

The lady drives a Toyota Corolla 2003 model and has a pint-sized stature.

The lady got out from her car, spoke some words that sounded like and incantation and hurled her phone at my windscreen, giving it a crack.

People just gather dey hold and beg the lady instead of me....

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Alvin007: 9:21am On Nov 11, 2016
repogirl:
I don't curse, I just give them a nasty glare. That says it all. angry

Thats level 1.
Level 2 requires whispering and hissing.
Level 3 is the cursing/abusive stage.
Note: Double promotion is allowed.

3 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by HomeOfMe(f): 9:22am On Nov 11, 2016
Warri is worse than Lagos and ibadan in terms of rough driving and abusive words.

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by LaClickLaBend: 9:22am On Nov 11, 2016
colossus2:
ibadan drivers are lawless and stupid bro. i tell yu

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 11, 2016
Its only when you drive an old vehicle with no air conditioning, or driver in-front of you does something bad or you re in a hurry.

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Alvin007: 9:27am On Nov 11, 2016
tete7000:

Ibadan is a paradise. Come to lagos and experience traffic madness. I am talking from experience. Grew up in a part of Ibadan and now live in Lagos. I always miss Ibadan. The two no be the same at all. Lagos is one hell of a place.

As much as I wouldn't want this to sound like a competition...I would still say this...I used to live in Lagos...practically driven therein, on a daily... I live in Ibadan at the moment...ibadan's worse. Even my friends who live and drive in Lagos..are always scared of visiting Ibadan with their cars.

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Vince77(m): 9:29am On Nov 11, 2016
bugidon:
I av been to most part of nigeria but the only place that I drived peacefully without being cursed or harrassed is in minna niger state, the worst place to drive is in onitsha anambra state

Very true. Drivers there dey kolomental

3 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 11, 2016
elmysterio5:
chai! English is dead...

English isn't dead

You're brain is dead

I will give you $7,000 or donate it to any charity of your choice if you correct my grammatical blunders
Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by DONFAITH: 9:47am On Nov 11, 2016
In agbor here, some road users are very careless.
Then you will hear the word like:
Mumu

Na ur fada u want kill

Idiot, see your head

Who carry give you

Thunder fire you

Ewu (goat)

Anu ofia (bush meat).

And lots of them.

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by brimoknight(m): 9:53am On Nov 11, 2016
That was how I was driving the other day,and this man drove in a T-Junction without checking for oncoming vehicle,I had to brake with a full force.By the grace of God, I was able to swarve pass his car successfully. I never knew the time I uttered the words " WAWA JAKI".
The man had to follow me, I saw him through my mirror and I was like " NA SHIGA UKU" this man is going to beat the hell outta me. I got confidence and pulled over let the worst happen. The man was so huge,Heafty and looking millitary.
He came up to me and said " Yaro na, am so sorry" when I peeped into his car, I saw he was with his family. I felt so guilty insulting him in presence of his family and I also apologized too.

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by agrovick(m): 10:03am On Nov 11, 2016
salvo583:
Drive in Ibadan. A born-again christain will not know when foul words begin to flow from his or her mouth. Those micra's and marwa are something else

Hahaha and Ibadan folks can curse...

Imagine my surprise when I heard a couple of kids playing say to one another 'abi o fe tokula ni' (Do you want to taste death)? Catch fear me that day.

3 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

English isn't dead
You're Your* brain is dead
I will give you $7,000 or donate it to any charity of your choice if you correct my grammatical blunders
AfonjaStinks:

I'm too grown and rich for that

Why would i wanna curse someone out ?? Only kids with no life does do* that

Abeg gimme the money. I've corrected the blunder.

elmysterio5, don't worry. We can share.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How you can process doctor's report for tinted glass / The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving / The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.