Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,214 members, 7,780,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:37 PM

When And Why To Study Computer Science - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / When And Why To Study Computer Science (1630 Views)

Top Universities To Study Computer Engineering In Nigeria / I Study Computer Sciences In A Finnish University. Ask Me Anything / For Computer Science Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When And Why To Study Computer Science by azibit: 8:49am On Nov 10, 2016
I decided to study Computer Science after seeing Chloe O’brian see Jack Bauer through almost any tough situation in the movie 24 using her computer system. So I made up my mind to study computer science to become Chloe O’brian or the very least a better version of her.

I thought that if I got to the university, I would always be coding, programming and doing a lot of the fun stuffs I saw but the university was nothing like that. I moved around with books most of the time and I used the system to read books and not to code the way I thought
So what does the university teach about computer science. You study the fundamental ways in which the computer was built, the essential way of how its components interact and how computers connect. You study how programming languages are created, memory management, operating system, networking and many more but you are not to be a practical and real life implementer just yet.

When should I study computer science? When you want to know how the computer really works. The basic way the computer performs its simple operations. When you want to get more out of the computer than what you are currently offered. These are when you should study computer science.

Study computer science because you want to make the computing world better. You want to make the computer faster. We are all concerned in Computer Science about making the computer faster. That’s all.

But when you are short of these ideas and you want to only become a software developer, a designer, studying computer science especially in your undergraduate does not make you that, working with people in the field and working on practical software would make you that. But studying computer science can only and would surely make this process faster.

Computer scientists would make ideas that are crazy and give it to the practical guys to implement. So choose where you want to go wisely
Thanks for reading

1 Like

Re: When And Why To Study Computer Science by kvngDavid(m): 8:53am On Nov 10, 2016
See if its in Nigeria Universities.forget Computer Science its not cool here
Re: When And Why To Study Computer Science by azibit: 7:11am On Nov 12, 2016
When you believe you have a better way at making the IT world greater than it already is, you should study computer science. Never choose a career if you do not have a great deal of making it greater that it already is. Otherwise, what impact are you adding

Computer Science should help you discover whether or not you are comfortable with the current speed of the world fastest computer or you want something faster

(1) (Reply)

Next Step After Learning The Code? / ... / A UI/UX Designer In Need Of A Role

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.