Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Davido’s Mayorkun, Tekno, Falz, Don’t Deserve Headies ‘next Rated’ Award [see Wh - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Davido’s Mayorkun, Tekno, Falz, Don’t Deserve Headies ‘next Rated’ Award [see Wh (873 Views)

This Guy Deserve Mumu Of The Year Award / Where Did "I Deserve Some Accolade" Came From / Igwe2pac Is Mad Again......i Deserve Some Accolades (trending Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Davido’s Mayorkun, Tekno, Falz, Don’t Deserve Headies ‘next Rated’ Award [see Wh by dogzzy(m): 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2016
The annual prestigious Nigerian Music Awards the Headies ‘Next Rated‘ category not fit for Mayorkun, Tekno and Falz.
The Headies Awards 2015 edition was outright born out of controversies. First, it had to be the rescheduling of the event which rightly ought to be held in 2015, to January 1st 2016. Then the infamous tantrum by YBNL leader Olamide when his protege Lil Kesh failed to pick up the coveted ‘Next Rated’ award. A full blown drama ensued when Don Jazzy – who felt slighted by Olamide’s remarks – sensed the need to address sentiments.
The headies fiasco set the turn for the music industry for in 2016. Davido who supposedly was in favour of Lil Kesh grabbing the award made a bold statement which had gone around the media. He threatened to “pull a Kanye” (or Olamide) if his new artiste does not pick up same award.
Fast forward to the present, Davido’s new signee Mayorkun does not deserve the Headies ‘Next Rated’ award. That is just exactly the same way I feel TripleMG Tekno, or even sensational rapper Falz are misfit for the spot.
Don’t shoot me until you’ve read my opinion.
What exactly am I trying to say? Davido earlier this year signed Mayorkun, Dremo to his newly established music imprint DMW. Mayorkun is undersized for the status of Headies ‘Next Rated’. He has in honesty had only one single to his name. Prior to signing with DMW Mayorkun was not on the Nigerian music radar. His run this year is one befitting the ‘Rookie of the Year’ award. Next year might see him clinch the coveted ‘Next Rated’ if he puts up a better performance than what he has done so far this year.
In the case of the golden boy Tekno and Falz both are oversized for the award. I would really consider it that Tekno and Falz are too big for the Headies ‘Next Rated’ award
Click to continue reading:http://www.londonloaded.com.ng/2016/11/davidos-mayorkun-tekno-falz-dont.html?m=1

Re: Davido’s Mayorkun, Tekno, Falz, Don’t Deserve Headies ‘next Rated’ Award [see Wh by HQuadreal: 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hmmm hmmm clear throat.
Re: Davido’s Mayorkun, Tekno, Falz, Don’t Deserve Headies ‘next Rated’ Award [see Wh by johncallidon(m): 12:34pm On Nov 10, 2016
let the debate beginnnnnnn..... (in r Kelly's voice)

(1) (Reply)

See This Church Billboard / American Thieves Vs Nigerian Thieves / Karma! As Bully Gets Beaten For Dragging A Man Across The Street (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.