Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (21624 Views)

Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply / I Hate Nigeria With A Passion / All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by toshacer: 11:29am On Nov 01, 2009
We simply want to know. Maybe some of us also will decide to immigrate and leave Naija as empty as it can be.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Rebarobyn: 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2009
1. Basic infrastructure is luxury in Nigeria. Even though I'll pay for it through my nose abroad, I'd rather have it available at a high cost and manage my usage than suffer from non-availability. do you know how much an average Nigerian spends on fueling generators, buying water, hiring private security and fixing cars due to bad roads?

2. Corruption- nothing gets done the right way, you either have to pay your way through or know someone; nepotism and God-fatherism is appalling, it makes hard-work and honesty look like rubbish.

3. Education - I detest the state of the tertiary education system

Asides these, I love Nigeria, I love being with family & people I share similarities with. I think the cost of living in Nigeria is not so bad and you can survive if you are hard working. I would choose Nigeria over any other country any day.

I don't think there's anything outside Nigeria that is so special, its all overrated. you can work hard in Nigeria and afford all the basic infrastructure that seems "luxurious" and go abroad for vacation.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by toshacer: 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2009
^^^

Lovely post. But some also say the fact that they dont eat burger in Nigeria is enough reason they hate Nigeria, how great is that submission?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Rebarobyn: 12:37pm On Nov 01, 2009
Burgers?? lwkmd, genetically modified steak and chicken that make people obese and prone to health problems? lol, burgers in Nigeria are even healthier and tastier. I have eaten Mr. Biggs' burger a couple of times and I prefer it to McDonalds or KFC burgers, the meat tastes better.

I think its all just black people mentality, we think anything associated with the white man is better. even when life is hard abroad, we prefer to struggle in a white man's country than in our homeland. its just a black man's mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by toshacer: 12:57pm On Nov 01, 2009
^^^ I like you.

Some even say that in Europe/America, they enjoy to shop at Tescos, and all the big shops, but not in Nigeria, in Nigeria, they only have muddy markets to shop in - is that a valid point?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Beaf: 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2009
This thread is very reckless. I feel real pity for you, OP.
How can a "rational" person hate other Nigerians simply because they live abroad? shocked

These are some of your posts;
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=345477.msg4834498#msg4834498
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=345479.msg4834488#msg4834488
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=345743.msg4838582#msg4838582

There are many more. I pray that one day, you too can afford a plane ticket and be enriched by several perspectives.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by toshacer: 1:06pm On Nov 01, 2009
@Beaf

Because I live amongst them and I see their fake life which is entirely different from what they come to NairaLand to write. Who told you I hate them? FYI I have lived abroad for close to ten years, so, dont say what you dont know.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Beaf: 1:11pm On Nov 01, 2009
tosh_acer:

@Beaf

Because I live amongst them and I see their fake life which is entirely different from what they come to NairaLand to write. Who told you I hate them? FYI I have lived abroad for close to ten years, so, dont say what you dont know.

Its the impression I get each time I read any of your posts. If that isn't what you wish to portray, keep away from sweeping statements.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
I hate Nigeria,  sooo much. i would like to rape her endlessly in all manner of nasty dirty ways. and treat her like the slutty LovePeddler she really is.
Steal her purse and bitch-slap her when she complains, then when i need to d.i.c.k one of her friends, i play nice-guy and dump her after she hooks me up with another term in her government. is life not grand
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Jeovy(m): 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2009
God, I LOVE NIGERIA
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by hackney(m): 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2009
I hate Nigeria very much because the level of corruption is SATANIC.
The only solution will be an act of GOD.

(Though nigerians resist it by ousting upright colleagues so they can carry on stealling).

Every single person you come in contact  with irrespective of age or gender is just thinking: how do i con some money off him?
The very worst of them are govt officials or even officials of any kind and these are the custodians of the law.
The reverse is the case so everything is upside down.

If hell is truly on earth as the Hindu believe, then Nigeria is hell indeed.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2009
bad karma, back to sender,
such rubbish and drivel, yuck.
dont need all ur negative energy today.

today is a good day in my only country,and what keeps me awake is how to make it better
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2009
Moaners, complainers and sluggards, waiting for govt to wipe the sh,  t off your ass
proverbs 6:6-11
Go to the ant, you sluggard. Consider it's ways and be wise! It has no commander, overseer or ruler. Yet it stores it's provisions in summer and gathers it's food at harvest.

Proverbs 10:26
As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, So is the lazy man to those who send him

excuses, excuses ,excuses galore
Proverbs 22:13
The lazy man says "There is a lion outside, I shall be slain the streets"

After slaving abroad for your new masters,u'll come home at 60 and this will be your legacy

Proverbs 24:30-31

I went past the field of the sluggard, past the vineyard of the man who lacks judgement. Thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with reeds and the stone wall was in ruins

people still talk abt infrastructure as the means of development go to India are they perfect ? plus  the idea of building industries are all of the old economy,wheter we like it or not no country can compete with China in terms of production so we have to embrace the new economy,ie people like Mark Zuckerberg in their tees and shorts vs  black suits.

By "New Economy," we understand this to mean a national financial and economic infrastructure characterized chiefly by the predominance of services and technology (i.e., intangible assets), and the abolition of the former infrastructure of physical manufacturing and industrialism (i.e., tangible assets). Hence, the "virtual" economy of computers and electronic commerce replaces the "old" labor-intensive economy involving manufacturing and the movement of physical commodities. Think of it as the ascendancy of the virtual over the real.

This leads us to our next observation of the New Economy—it is global in nature. It is predicated upon the economic interdependence among nations, even those nations that are politically, religiously and ideologically antithetical to one another. In many ways, the New Economy represents a revival of the Tower of Babel, only instead of bricks and mortar, it is bound by a reticular web of technology and transportation. The subsistence and success of this brave new Tower of Babel (which P.Q. Wall styles the "Church of American Technology"wink depends on international cooperation, with the U.S. serving in the role of chief financial facilitator and political mediator among nations. It was created largely by the U.S. and is being held together almost entirely by the U.S.

For those"Nigerians"in the diaspora,please and please keep your negative energy  and bad karma to yourselves.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 02, 2009
just had to repost this post cos all u whiners are a constant source of stress to those who will make a change
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by citizenY(m): 12:29pm On Nov 02, 2009
@ Post,

You have  already opted  out. Why are you worried about us. You should identify with your new abode and enjoy the comfort
of what other people have built.You will realise that if they had also ran away from where you are now the attraction for you
to relocate would not have not have been created.Am sure you feel comfortable anytime they ask you '' how do you like it here?''
or when you have to show residence /work permits if you are not an illegal immigrant.

ANYWAY, ENJOY YOUR STAY BUT DO NOT HATE.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Duduknight(m): 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2009
ehie:

For those"Nigerians"in the diaspora,please and please keep your negative energy  and bad karma to yourselves.

You started well and made good points but why spoil it by painting all Nigerians in diaspora with the the same brush? Is the poster speaking for all nigerians in diaspora?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2009
the funny thing is that just like foreigners, diasporans have no problem in perpetrating abuses of the rule of law etc when they come to nigeria

we hear of people who come to set up companies who employ staff for two months without paying them in the name of 'probation' - and these are people who worked abroad - can they do that over there? can they hire underage househelps abroad? but they do it here.

so many of them have no problem doing business with the government they profess to hate. abegi  tongue
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Duduknight(m): 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2009
@ Poster

Why do you write in a manner suggesting that you speak for most Nigerians in diaspora? Maybe you associate only with those who share your mind-set. If your post were to be accurate, why are many Nigerians returning to work in Nigeria?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by hackney(m): 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2009
The very same Devil's advocates praising Nigeria are the same ones that will cart away all the money when given the chance.
Better pray rather than running your mouth about how you are 'thinking' of making that dump better.
(every second millions are embezzled and wasted by your parents and you are here trying to decieve people that dont know the level of satanism of your corruption into what i dont know.)

God smiled at me and as a result i was born somewhere else!
Deal with it!!

You can go and tell ya'ardua and his friends to carry all the money. I dont care anymore!!!!!!
Its almost 50yrs now of the same genetic rubbish.

The only country that has groups of its indigienes in every corner of the world and you think its a good thing?
Just because the govt cant get anything right. Do you know that babangida's loot if invested can employ 10 sets of graduates of the entire country? (we are talking well paid jobs yielding a decent house, a car and kids in good schools?)

People are here playing on peoples sentiments and emotions just to carry on with evil. (Oh!! its not so bad).
God will judge everybody one day

1 Like

Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2009
@HACKNEY
U HAVE A MIND OF A THIEF
who is talking abt looting?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by hackney(m): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2009
@Ehie
IF NIGERIA IS FULL OF SAINTS LIKE YOU, HOW COME ITS THE DEVILS PLAY GROUND?
YOU ARE TALKING OF NIGERIA AND YOU WONT TALK ABOUT LOOTS? WE NEED TO BE REALISTIC AND MORE SERIOUS.

SO WHAT IS OUR PROBLEM IN NIGERIA THEN IF NOT LOOTING?
MASTER LOOTERS.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by kehindebad(m): 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2009
A considerable number of people made sense, we'll leave those that consistently dont ,to their ways grin
Hate is a really strong word,
Instead of dissipating so much energy "hating", why not try to make a difference.

P.s: Nigeria been "corrupt" is so over rated!!!
Atleast Madoff isnt a Nigerian grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by citizenY(m): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2009
qUOTE FROM hACKNEY

God smiled at me and as a result i was born somewhere else!
Deal with it!!

You are very lucky. If you are happy where you are, good for you. If you feel so concerned about

Nigeria come over. If not, STAY ON THE FRINGES OF WHEREVER AND  DEAL WITH IT.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by ajayi1(m): 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
Wht question is this? We never hate Nigeria, We ONLY hate the corrupted Elders there, Shikino
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by r231(m): 12:59pm On Nov 02, 2009
here we go again
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by bisiaet: 1:00pm On Nov 02, 2009
Please dear posters and readers I think it is enough of all these sorts of comdemnation of our fathersland for God sake please this is bad how could some even decided to rain curses on their fathersland please enough of these. We all know things are not working at all, in Nigeria condition of things are hell but let just keep on praying and hope for the best to come our way one day. The Europe and America so many are refering to now have they gone to Library to read or made a research what so many of these western countries has gone through before they are what they are today? I alwaye see this as unfair on our fathersland they are country that are praying to even be like Nigeria many wont understand what I am saying but those who had travelled far and wide like me will get this message right all we lack is leadership that is all, what I expect any able Nigeria to say is how do we get a true person to lead Nigeria and this person must be ready for anything and should be ready for the worse because to clean up Nigeria heads will rolls for sure and this is our major obstacle. Well for me I love Nigeria with all passion in me.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by hackney(m): 1:00pm On Nov 02, 2009
Trying to make sense in anything Nigeria is a waste of skill in my opinion.
This is because we know what the out-come will be.
unless we have kids here trying to stretch their mental capacities.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by walata44(m): 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2009
P.s: Nigeria been "corrupt" is so over rated!!!
Atleast Madoff isnt a Nigerian

And where is Madoff? I think people like you need to step out of Nigeria to know that Nigeria is a hell hole. I LOVE NIGERIA BUT NIGERIA DON'T LOVE ME.

1 Like

Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by mrperfect(m): 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2009
Rebarobyn:

1.   Basic infrastructure is luxury in Nigeria. Even though I'll pay for it through my nose abroad, I'd rather have it available at a high cost and manage my usage than suffer from non-availability. do you know how much an average Nigerian spends on fueling generators, buying water, hiring private security and fixing cars due to bad roads?

2.   Corruption- nothing gets done the right way, you either have to pay your way through or know someone; nepotism and God-fatherism is appalling, it makes hard-work and honesty look like rubbish.

3.  Education - I detest the state of the tertiary education system

Asides these, I love Nigeria, I love being with family & people I share similarities with. I think the cost of living in Nigeria is not so bad and you can survive if you are hard working. I would choose Nigeria over any other country any day.

I don't think there's anything outside Nigeria that is so special, its all overrated. you can work hard in Nigeria and afford all the basic infrastructure that seems "luxurious" and go abroad for vacation.
I agree with you.
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by walata44(m): 1:24pm On Nov 02, 2009
@ehie

people still talk abt infrastructure as the means of development go to India are they perfect ? plus the idea of building industries are all of the old economy,wheter we like it or not no country can compete with China in terms of production so we have to embrace the new economy,ie people like Mark Zuckerberg in their tees and shorts vs black suits.

By "New Economy," we understand this to mean a national financial and economic infrastructure characterized chiefly by the predominance of services and technology (i.e., intangible assets), and the abolition of the former infrastructure of physical manufacturing and industrialism (i.e., tangible assets). Hence, the "virtual" economy of computers and electronic commerce replaces the "old" labor-intensive economy involving manufacturing and the movement of physical commodities. Think of it as the ascendancy of the virtual over the real

You are seriously deluded, how are you going to achieve that? By shutting down universities, spend less on schools?
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by neowelsh(m): 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2009
hey u dont say we  angry angry angry  please personalize it sad sad sad the people in a nation will always get the government the deserve, so stop complaining cry cry cry cry God gave as brains so we could be solution providers, why not sit and think on how u can inprove ur life instead of complainin
mrperfect:

I agree with you.

one thing we should put into consideration is dat, even if we should complain from now till the second coming of Jesus, it will change notin, so my brothers and sisters relax and enjoy. if u are a christain, u should know by now dat whatever u say will come to pass, because the power of life and death is in the tongue. therefor use it wise and speak ur way possitively out of this shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
if you believe it will get better, so shall it be for u, but if u believe otherwise, so it will be also. dont forget dat there are some persons enjoyin this country as it is now. u know what, they were once like u and me, but they never alllowed the situation around to pull em down. have fun.  any way sha as am writin dis now, i dey find road to trekk comot for 9ja,  grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! by Beaf: 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2009
Now fools like tosh_acer want to turn the victims against each other. Is is we the victims that have now made the country bad?
[size=14pt]Stop being jealous of those abroad. [/size]

[size=14pt]If no be abroad, will we know Wole Soyinka (shey 9ja sieze im result and threw him in jail), would we know Philip Emeagwali? Have they not come back to better the fuc.king place? There are many others.[/size]

[size=21pt]Fool![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions / Saraki At Tribunal With 81 Senators - TheCable / Prison Warder Attacks The Nation, AIT Reporters (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.