Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria (13369 Views)

Kano: Buhari Visits Oil And Rice Mills, The Biggest In West Africa (Photos) / Opposition Mounts As Nigeria Nears Rice Sufficiency / Anambra Hits Self-sufficiency In Rice Production- Premiumtimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by ceomike(m): 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
The Federal government says it is facilitating the procurement of additional 40 large-scale rice mills to achieve self-sufficiency in rice production by 2018.

Chief Audu Ogbeh, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, disclosed this in Abuja on Thursday at a workshop themed “Big Boost for Agro Diversification and Export.’’

Ogbeh said that the Integrated Rice Mills (IRMs) of the Ministry had increased the rice milling capacity in the country.

He said that the Ministry’s new goal was to attain self-sufficiency in food production and annually export 10 million metric tonnes of food to ECOWAS region and beyond by 2019. According to the minister, the country’s food import bill has further declined from N1.1 trillion in 2009 to N684 billion in 2013.

“Nigeria has huge agricultural potentials with 11 million hectares of arable land but only cultivates 40 per cent; 263 billion cubic metres of water with two of the largest rivers in Africa.

“We have a cheap labour force to support agriculture intensification. We grow our food, feed ourselves and create local and international markets for our farmers and also unlock our enormous potentials in agriculture.

“We can achieve the economic diversification goal of government and surmount the present economic recession.

“I hope with the help of the Pentair, Good Rain, Dayu irrigation, Zhong Zhou Poultry, Jinan and our local companies, we will diversify and get out of recession in no time,’’ Ogbeh said.

Don Ekesiobi, Managing Director, Eurobase Nigeria Limited, the workshop organiser, said his company and the Ministry of Agriculture brought to Nigeria six world leading agro companies for partnership.

Ekesiobi said that the companies would introduce and showcase for adoption, technologies to turn around neglected agro value chain of the country in six months.

Source: http://guardian.ng/news/fg-to-procure-40-rice-mills-for-self-sufficiency/?

5 Likes

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by EgusiSoup: 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
Nigeria is suffering, yet the dullard is producting rice mills undecided

[size=13pt]By the way,
Amaechi, Buhari & Tinubu say they will form parallel government if the 2015 Presidential elections did not goes in their favour.

Compare this to the American Elections in which they are now sending congratulatory messages![/size]

[size=15pt]BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES.[/size]

My name is #EgusiSoup and i just want to made common sense sad

3 Likes

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Young03(m): 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
another story

4 Likes

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Omexonomy: 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2016
Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Omexonomy: 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2016
Dem want telk us another story again

1 Like

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by nigeriafilm(m): 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2016
According to the minister, the country’s food import bill has further declined from N1.1 trillion in 2009 to N684 billion in 2013.

Who else see the above from the minister himself. If you get it indicate lets discuss it

13 Likes

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by joeace2020(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2016
hey guys, check out my beats. Buzz me if you like anyBeats by Joeace
Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by eleojo23: 7:35am On Nov 11, 2016
Nice
Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Bantino(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2016
Good move

Meanwhile, let it not be like the case below

1 Like

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Noblesoul123: 7:36am On Nov 11, 2016
We are waiting. With the sort of stories being thrown about these days, I will only believe when I see

2 Likes

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by slap1(m): 7:36am On Nov 11, 2016
Another future impossible tense. undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Tunmmyzhe: 7:36am On Nov 11, 2016
I stand with Buhari

3 Likes

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by HRich(m): 7:36am On Nov 11, 2016
They are good at saying without doing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 11, 2016
Government of "we will" undecided

6 Likes

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by stevebond007(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2016
Well down! Good innovation this December I am certain rice go cheap!
Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 11, 2016
Yinmu!
Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by hesupamo: 7:38am On Nov 11, 2016
h

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by hotspec(m): 7:38am On Nov 11, 2016

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by oyetunder(m): 7:39am On Nov 11, 2016
Nice and Good! Those who are always expecting evil shall surely not be disappointed. Some people blinded by needless hatred cannot see anything good in others because they themselves have no good inside their lives. Nobody is blind to the fact that a sudden drop in oil revenue would affect Nigeria. Even the so called powerful oil economy like Saudi, kuwait etc are facing it, not to talk of Venezuela which has been thrown to chaos. Expecting Buhari or APC to fail is not an expectation anyone should nurse. Nigerians gave PDP enough chance too. Someone in the Bible once told the prophet of God that even If God should open the windows of heaven, that food abundance was impossible within 24 hours, the man witnessed it, but he never tasted it-people stampeded him to death. So it is not new.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by ishef19: 7:39am On Nov 11, 2016
na real another story
Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by chinex276(m): 7:39am On Nov 11, 2016
govt of " we will".

oya continue willing

3 Likes

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by jeeqaa7(m): 7:39am On Nov 11, 2016
i dont want to hear about you buying it ... i want to see the prices in the market crashing
Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Fuadeiza(m): 7:39am On Nov 11, 2016
if you came here to read comments click "like" grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by EternalBeing: 7:40am On Nov 11, 2016
Good one! "He douted that a bag of barley would be sold for 1 shekel" Doubting is allowed. One day Nigeria would be as great as America, and those that wish Nigeria well shall eat the good of the Land.

Still ON AMERICA'S LATE ELECTION
It is hoped that lessons are learnt and revelations are gotten from this:

9/11 - Twin Tower
11/9 - Trump TRiUMPhs
9/11 - Solomon writes;
Ecclesiastis.9.11

"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all."
Two dates Americans might never forget.

I don't really believe in coincidences,rather I rabidly believe in kismet.
I trust that the spiritual has a great clout on the physical. This is a "proven truth".
Watch out!
GOD HAS A PLAN!

N.B:I'm not a Trumpist but a Christist.

...to be continued...
~ Shalom Daniel ~

1 Like

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 11, 2016
No be FG under Buhari?

Dey dia dey deceive unaself
Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by kings09(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2016
This govt shaa. They get things done in d media while reality sees no effect. Let price of rice drop abeg even if na small, we ll start to de believe.
Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Fuadeiza(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2016
nigeriafilm:
According to the minister, the country’s food import bill has further declined from N1.1 trillion in 2009 to N684 billion in 2013.

Who else see the above from the minister himself. If you get it indicate lets discuss it

Elucidate!! i dont get
Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Strongbest(m): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2016
Nice move......but every time I see news like this, I always wish it has already happened.

I think we need more than we'll soon do this, we'll soon do that in Nigeria right now.

Be here:
www.nairaland.com/1798724

1 Like

Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by fm7070: 7:42am On Nov 11, 2016
This is planning to put the cart before the horse. Planning after taking steps
They is what they should have done and sure the mills are read before banning the importation of rice at all
Now, there will be a problem. Farmers will produce rice in large volume, no mill to process it
What a dumb government who derive pleasure in impoverishing their citizenry with their caricature policies.
Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Ab4all(m): 7:44am On Nov 11, 2016
Seriously, am tired of TO......... from this govt all the time. What has the previous TOs' led us.
HRich:
They are good at saying without doing
Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Mopolchi: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2016
Audi gone and Lai Mohammed are from one party
Re: FG To Procure 40 Rice Mills For Self-sufficiency - Guardian Nigeria by Agimor(m): 7:46am On Nov 11, 2016
Buhari is working Wailers are wailing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Will Continue To Use Made-in-aba Products – COAS / Wike Frustrated Imo-Rivers Boundary Dispute Reconciliatory Efforts - Commission / Nigerians To Learn Modern Mining In Australia - Dele Alake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.