Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

I Am In Trouble - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am In Trouble (1493 Views)

Nissan In Trouble? / My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble / Danfo Conductors: 4 Tips On How To Avoid Trouble With Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am In Trouble by surrogatesng: 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
My Mitsubishi montero 2002 ecu(brainbox) just got burnt.My rewire said he will call an expert from ladipo who will use a similar brainbox to mine and do a workaround,the young lad came and said he cant do it.He said the brainbox for my car is 120k and i have to go to the company to program it Is there a way out.Pplease help
Re: I Am In Trouble by oweniwe(m): 10:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
LMAO ....

grin grin grin grin

Buhari see what you have caused...??... angry angry

2002 motor ECU is N120k

Klin detergent don turn N30.

Later, someone will say we should pray for Buhari.

Ara ga gba ndi ara

6 Likes

Re: I Am In Trouble by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
oweniwe:
LMAO ....

grin grin grin grin

Buhari see what you have caused...??... angry angry

2002 motor ECU is N120k

Klin detergent don turn N30.

Later, someone will say we should pray for Buhari.

Ara ga gba ndi ara

go to politics section if you do not have anything technical to contribute.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4374191_img20160928135402_pnge6f250b6886917567f44e668c86eafd5

5 Likes

Re: I Am In Trouble by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:07pm On Nov 10, 2016
surrogatesng:
My Mitsubishi montero 2002 ecu(brainbox) just got burnt.My rewire said he will call an expert from ladipo who will use a similar brainbox to mine and do a workaround,the young lad came and said he cant do it.He said the brainbox for my car is 120k and i have to go to the company to program it Is there a way out.Pplease help

[img]http://media2.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/VruZ22qUYcz_g-rBhR5CZ7mKd2Q=/fit-in/1024x1024/2015/06/10/721/n/1922283/dc88bffe85d84c98_213093-game-of-thrones-tyrion-why-gif/i/Hell-question-your-poor-decisions.gif[/img]
How did it happen?
Re: I Am In Trouble by Autopartz: 6:14am On Nov 11, 2016
Compare the price that young lad gave you with those of registered suppliers of Mitsubishi Montero Engine Brain box/ECU 2002 to buy by visiting the website:

www.autopartz.com (main site)and take the following steps:

Select Mitsubishi(Make); Montero(Model) and then 2002 (Year)

Subsequently, visit the "Brain box/ECU" category under the 'browse categories' column and click on Engine Brain box/ECU

All the suppliers of Engine Brain box for Mitsubishi Montero 2002 registered with us would be displayed.

You can then click on the contact information of any of the suppliers of your choice to get any information you need on brain box.

Note that all suppliers are registered members of the auto parts market associations indicated on the site and their contact information have been verified.

If the price is about same, enquire about their own recommended brain box programmers.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks
www.autopartz.com (Nigeria's premier online auto parts marketplace)

1 Like

Re: I Am In Trouble by surrogatesng: 6:20am On Nov 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

[img]http://media2.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/VruZ22qUYcz_g-rBhR5CZ7mKd2Q=/fit-in/1024x1024/2015/06/10/721/n/1922283/dc88bffe85d84c98_213093-game-of-thrones-tyrion-why-gif/i/Hell-question-your-poor-decisions.gif[/img]
How did it happen?

The battery of my car died as soon as i got to the front of my premises while i was about to open my gate so my car slept outside and i called my rewire to come and check the car where he affirmed i needed to change my car battery.I gave him money to buy the car battery,he later brought the car to my house the next day which i saw that the car was in good condition.

However i noticed that the gear knob was loose and i asked why,he told me when he was driving the car to my house the gear knob went off so i directed him to a mechanic who was able to fix it.

I later in the evening went o pick the car from him only to find out that it was moving very slowly.I asked him and he said perhaps there was no fuel i then had to divert to a gas station to buy more gas but the car kept going slowly and it was even difficult to hear the sound of the engine.

I went to another rewire who then checked and told me that there was something smelling in the car under the cockpit at the passenger.He investigated further and brought out a brainbox which was badly burnt
Re: I Am In Trouble by mayor2013: 6:27am On Nov 11, 2016
Everybody blow ya trumpet. Para rararara grin grin. Ecu fried nicely. I guess mitsubishi don't have zener diodes installed on their ecu. "Op" sorry about this
Re: I Am In Trouble by oweniwe(m): 7:30am On Nov 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

go to politics section if you do not have anything technical to contribute.

You don't get my point.

Since car parts are imported, the price quoted for the replacement ECU wouldn't be that high if the exchange rate is lower smiley
Re: I Am In Trouble by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:31am On Nov 11, 2016
surrogatesng:

The battery of my car died as soon as i got to the front of my premises while i was about to open my gate so my car slept outside and i called my rewire to come and check the car where he affirmed i needed to change my car battery.I gave him money to buy the car battery,he later brought the car to my house the next day which i saw that the car was in good condition.

However i noticed that the gear knob was loose and i asked why,he told me when he was driving the car to my house the gear knob went off so i directed him to a mechanic who was able to fix it.

I later in the evening went o pick the car from him only to find out that it was moving very slowly.I asked him and he said perhaps there was no fuel i then had to divert to a gas station to buy more gas but the car kept going slowly and it was even difficult to hear the sound of the engine.

I went to another rewire who then checked and told me that there was something smelling in the car under the cockpit at the passenger.He investigated further and brought out a brainbox which was badly burnt

Engine ecus do not get burnt without a cause. I would advice you get to the root of what caused the failure in the first before installing another. Short circuits from sensors like the O2 sensor located on the exhaust could cause the resultant effect of what you are experiencing. You can call this guy in ladipo for your engine ecu, you might get a better deal. 08034270856
Re: I Am In Trouble by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2016
mayor2013:
Everybody blow ya trumpet. Para rararara grin grin. Ecu fried nicely. I guess mitsubishi don't have zener diodes installed on their ecu. "Op" sorry about this

Grow up.
Re: I Am In Trouble by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2016
oweniwe:

You don't get my point.

Since car parts are imported, the price quoted for the replacement ECU wouldn't be that high if the exchange rate is lower smiley

it has very little to do with the economy, and more to do with Availability. The engine ecu for a camry 2001 is still 10-15k today.

1 Like

Re: I Am In Trouble by mayor2013: 10:42am On Nov 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Grow up.

Yes sir grin
Re: I Am In Trouble by oweniwe(m): 10:54am On Nov 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

it has very little to do with the economy, and more to do with Availability. The engine ecu for a camry 2001 is still 10-15k today.

Okay sir smiley
Re: I Am In Trouble by surrogatesng: 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Engine ecus do not get burnt without a cause. I would advice you get to the root of what caused the failure in the first before installing another. Short circuits from sensors like the O2 sensor located on the exhaust could cause the resultant effect of what you are experiencing. You can call this guy in ladipo for your engine ecu, you might get a better deal. 08034270856

Thanks i will call him
Re: I Am In Trouble by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Engine ecus do not get burnt without a cause. I would advice you get to the root of what caused the failure in the first before installing another. Short circuits from sensors like the O2 sensor located on the exhaust could cause the resultant effect of what you are experiencing.
True enough. It just also simply could be the result of improper battery connection causing a short. Many a "rewire" just can't care less about the right sequence in battery cable connection.
Re: I Am In Trouble by fabienjoe: 11:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
Is it just me or how comfortable are you surrendering your car keys to a mechanic to go and fix and bring back to you? And the mechanic in this case turns out to be a Kazeem. I have a feeling this wouldn't have happened with a little more care on your part.
Re: I Am In Trouble by ironheart(m): 1:09am On Nov 12, 2016
OP sorry bro. I feel your pain. Kindly take your time to go down to Ladipo market to check for the ECU. But before you install it, kindly disconnect every wrong connection done by your 'rewire' as the name implies, they do rewire your car for disaster. Too bad you learned the hard way. I have similar experience. My ECU has burnt transistors due to wrong connections though it hasnt failed yet but i will have to get a new one as backup.

One more thing, download your vehicle repair manual. It will help with your diagnostic

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With These Struts? / Swapping Of Tyres And Rims / 2007 Camry Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.