Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,733 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions (23324 Views)

Palm Wine In Islam / Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. / Cousin Marriage in Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by shrek4(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
Salam alaikum!

I believe 'warn' in this context means 'scare off'.

Naturally, snakes won't stand human predator. (again, naturally)

A snake won't attack you if it doesn't see u as a threat and they tend to run for their lives if they see a bigger animal. (Except it's a python/boa that can squeeze and swallow you)

Some pythons and cobras would run at the sight of human, because they can't survive the confrontation. Snakes will crawl into your house because they need warmth, this is why u mostly find them in the kitchen or fireplace. Snakes are also fond of curling around human legs or side and at times back, for warmth. But we wake up, frightened and shocked, we put them in defense mode and they strike at that time.

On norms, a snake will never attack you while ur asleep except you roll over it.

This article suggests we scare them off, with sticks, objects long enough to put reasonable distance between you and the serpent. A sane man would know the article didn't suggest you enter some sort of negotiations with it.

I hope this helps.

Ma Salam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by FILEBE(m): 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2016
Beeman1:
Who is dis IPOD bastard must u comment? ewu.

And is this what Islam teaches us?

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by PENMIGHT(m): 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
sampsondeen:
This just doesn't make a single sense to me.

How do I fvcking warn a SNAKE?

Warning a snake ,in this context,isn't to be likened to talking to an Animal ; that which hears not nor comprehend human speeches.

Firstly, this has to do with snakes found in human habitation. Strictly, this has to be a dwelling, such that can be tagged as your own sanctuary.

A snake is hardly found in human dwelling, hence the warning to erring ones of the impending liberation of your house from the dangerous intrusion.

Such snakes ,as found to have wandered into houses, may NOT be reptiles but other beings (jinns and humans) that have the capacity for such transformation.

The warning is issued to avoid being seen as being oppressive.

The Messenger (peace on him) of Allah advised:

"DO NOT HARM,AND DO NOT BE HARMED".

Warning serves as a caution notice.

In real life instances when such snakes are metaphysical, they DISAPPEAR after such stern warning to avoid being killed or stay back and be neutralized with ease , for surely that's more that just a snake but a devil incarnate.

3 Likes

Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by balash(m): 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2016
QuietHammer:

You were the first to quote me. It's either you tell us how to warn a snake or swerve!

I don swerve tey tey.. u should do the same
Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by ayamprecious: 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
Beeman1:
Who is dis IPOD bastard must u comment? ewu.

balash:

If you don't know how, I think you should ask, stop behaving like an illiterate

Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by ayamprecious: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
balash:

If you don't know how, I think you should ask, stop behaving like an illiterate

Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by anibirelawal(m): 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2016
chuose2:
Moslems I no understand una, true true.

Jesus died for Christians.

Moslems die for MOhammed.

Yet Jesus is alive, and mohammed is dead & buried.

Yet some moslems will come and say to leave Jesus that lives to follow the dead Mohammed ?

I beg where is the sense in that

You can ask Google........
but if it is hard for you to comprehend........
You can give up the ghost, after that, you will be with baba God.... then you ask your questions from Baba God ...
hope that will help your curiosity?
Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by jahsharon: 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
chuose2:
Moslems I no understand una, true true.

Jesus died for Christians.

Moslems die for MOhammed.

Yet Jesus is alive, and mohammed is dead & buried.

Yet some moslems will come and say to leave Jesus that lives to follow the dead Mohammed ?

I beg where is the sense in that

Dear wise poster, please tell me where Jesus currently lives. I love to visit him. If you cannot give me his house address then you should be banned for posting false information.
Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by chuose2: 6:34pm On Nov 11, 2016
jahsharon:

Dear wise poster, please tell me where Jesus currently lives. I love to visit him. If you cannot give me his house address then you should be banned for posting false information.

Jesus went to heaven in the full view of His apostles

Acts 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Dont worry bro, no need to tell us about mohammed.

We all know that mohammed is DEAD & BURIED grin grin grin grin
Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by Arjeeni: 11:45pm On Nov 11, 2016
chuose2:

Jesus went to heaven in the full view of His apostles

Acts 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Dont worry bro, no need to tell us about mohammed.

We all know that mohammed is DEAD & BURIED grin grin grin grin

I don't blame you, those who cooked up stories and tag it Bible knew very well that, their followers will be so stupid and moronic to apply common sense and draw conclusion that, they are being brainwashed.

All your citations are nothing but fantasies, an even that has never happened before Jesus and not even after his demise, I have never see any empirical theory drown out of this kind of situation.

And for the snake issue OP need to do more about it the information is not well presented by him because I know couple of Hadith about snakes and in fact know religious creed presented the case elaborated enough like Islam.

Coriyo you need to go and face the problems in your churches, enough for you to think about and let us be in peace.
Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by Nafizzey(m): 9:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
balash:
Praise be to Allah

The Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) enjoined the killing of snakes, and this is general in meaning and applies to all kinds of snakes, in any place. But if the snake is inside the house, it should not be killed until it has been warned three times; that is because of the possibility that it may be a jinn. Then if it appears after that, it may be killed.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) that he heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) address the people from the minbar, saying: “Kill snakes.”

‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar said: After that, I would not leave any snake that I saw but I would kill it.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3299) and Muslim (3233)

Abu Dawood (5249) narrated that Ibn Mas‘ood said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Kill all the snakes, and whoever fears their revenge does not belong to me.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood

Muslim (2233) narrated that Naafi‘ said: One day ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar was was at a ruin of his, when he saw the flash of a small snake. He said: Find this snake and kill it. Abu Lubaabah al-Ansaari said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) forbid killing the small snakes that live in houses, except the short-tailed snake and the one with two stripes, for they are the ones that cause blindness and miscarriages.

And Muslim (2236) narrated that Abu’s-Saa’ib said: We entered upon Abu Sa‘eed al-Khudri, and whilst we were sitting there, we heard a movement beneath the bed. We looked and saw a snake… and he quoted the hadith, in which it says: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “These houses have inhabitants. If you see any of them, ask them to leave for three days. If it goes (all well and good), otherwise kill it, for it is a kaafir.”

Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Some scholars said: It is not essential for snakes to be warned or urged or asked to leave except in Madinah only. Others said that Madinah and other places are the same in that regard, because some snakes are jinn and may be found in Madinah and elsewhere, and whoever among them Allah wills may be Muslim. Maalik said: What I prefer is that the snakes that are found in houses, in Madinah and elsewhere, should be warned for three days, but snakes should not be warned if they are found in the desert.

Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said:

It is preferable that all snakes that are found in houses should be warned, as Maalik said. What is meant by warning is that the person who sees a snake in his house should say: I urge you, O snake, not to appear before us or harm us. End quote.

At-Tamheed (16/263)

Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The scholars are unanimously agreed that it is permissible to kill desert snakes, whether they are small or large, no matter what type they are. End quote.

At-Tamheed (16/28)

So there is nothing wrong with you killing snakes that are outside the house. As for those that are found inside the house, they should not be killed until they have been warned for three days.

With regard to the view that killing the jinn that appear in the form of snakes brings bad luck, this is a false view for which there is no basis.
Great thread, please what about killing of Wall Gecko? in Hausa we call it "Tsaka",!It is commonly seen in homes on wall often. Looks like small lizard in nature.. Is it recommended to kill it? What is the ruling?

As for me I normally try to kill it if I can anytime I see it..

lexiconkabir Empiree
Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
Nafizzey:
Great thread, please what about killing of Wall Gecko? in Hausa we call it "Tsaka",!It is commonly seen in homes on wall often. Looks like small lizard in nature.. Is it recommended to kill it? What is the ruling?

lexiconkabir Empiree

It us recommended in the sunnah to kill wall geckos,

Ibn Maajah (rahimahullaah) narrated in his Sunan from Saa’ibah the slave woman of al-Faakih ibn al-Mugheerah that she entered upon Aa’ishah and saw a spear sitting there in her house. She said, “O Mother of the Believers, what do you do with this?” She said, “We kill these geckos with it, because the Prophet of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) told us that when Ibraheem was thrown into the fire, there was no animal on earth but it tried to extinguish the fire, except for the gecko, which was blowing on the fire (to keep it burning). So the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) commanded that they should be killed.”

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by Nafizzey(m): 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Ibn Maajah (rahimahullaah) narrated in his Sunan from Saa’ibah the slave woman of al-Faakih ibn al-Mugheerah that she entered upon Aa’ishah and saw a spear sitting there in her house. She said, “O Mother of the Believers, what do you do with this?” She said, “We kill these geckos with it, because the Prophet of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) told us that when Ibraheem was thrown into the fire, there was no animal on earth but it tried to extinguish the fire, except for the gecko, which was blowing on the fire (to keep it burning). So the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) commanded that they should be killed.”
Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by Nafizzey(m): 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

What if it a jinn could disguise as it?
Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2016
Nafizzey:
What if it a jinn could disguise as it?

I don't know of any hadeeth giving exception as to when geckos should be killed like that of the snake when we are asked to warn it three times before killing, in otherwords, just kill the gecko.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by balash(m): 10:04pm On Nov 16, 2016
Wal gecko should be killed... wasn't the gecko the one who also used his tail to signify to the enemy when the Prophet was hiding underneath a cave
Re: Killing Of Snakes In Islam.. Views And Conclusions by Empiree: 4:01am On Nov 17, 2016
Nafizzey:

lex.iconkabir Empir.ee
I barely see wall Geiko though. The hadith which says to killed Geiko for it alleged crime thousands of years ago is valid. However, it is not a yardstick to chase it around for this purpose. We shouldn’t hunt it mindlessly but only kill it if it potentially bringing harm. Otherwise, we may be going against countless other ahadith that instruct kindness to animal. There are many types of gecko but what I know is some can bring e-coli with them or other dangerous bacteria. When they roam around in your house, who knows what it has touched. So it is better to kill it {just like I would kill roaches or mice} when it is seen inside your house because it will potentially bringing harm to your body no matter how indirectly. However, since Muslims are not organizing gecko lizard hunting parties, this bring to mind how relevant is this to begin with?. Not once have I been urged to perform this meritorious deed!

Second, whoever decides to kill geiko should do so with one strike to lesser the pain.

Finally, it is sunnah which means if you don’t want to do it then there is no penalty whatsoever. Wallahu Alam

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Qualities A Good Husband Must Have / Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story / Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.