Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos (2049 Views)

How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR / 2019 Goal: How Do I Become Skilled In Public Speaking? / How To Start A Career In Public Speaking In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by Deprofessional(m): 10:32am On Nov 11, 2016
Please friends, is there any weekend school in lagos where I can learn the art of Public speaking?

Your kind response will be appreciated.
Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 1:02am On Nov 15, 2016
Get Dale Carnegie's book.. 'effective public speaking'. Don't know of any school though

1 Like

Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by Deprofessional(m): 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2016
JoyceMeyersFan:
Get Dale Carnegie's book.. 'effective public speaking'. Don't know of any school though

Thanks for your response. But is the book that good? where can I find one in Lagos?
Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by JoyceMeyersFan(f): 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
Yes. Any good bookshop that sell motivational books. Check out other Dale Carnegie's books too. Go to Boundary if it's near your location
Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by Dereformer(m): 8:18am On Nov 17, 2016
JoyceMeyersFan:
Yes. Any good bookshop that sell motivational books. Check out other Dale Carnegie's books too. Go to Boundary if it's near your location

Thank you joyce. I will be in Ikeja this Saturday to look for the book.

Do you know of any video on the same subject?
Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by Bishop(m): 9:16am On Nov 17, 2016
the toastmasters Google and You find the one closer to your location
Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by Dereformer(m): 9:50am On Nov 17, 2016
Bishop:
the toastmasters Google and You find the one closer to your location

thanks.
Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by stephencoach(f): 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2019
Deprofessional:
Please friends, is there any weekend school in lagos where I can learn the art of Public speaking?

Yes there is a place where you can take weekend public speaking classes.
It's the Speech Masters Academy -- a public speaking school ran by Stephen Michael (DrMiki).

The Academy provides weekend classes on communication, sales and presentation skills to people in Lagos and Awka. Their classes are practical and very effective. They also offer professional certificate which is strictly based on your performance not attendance.

You can chat DrMiki up on https:///+2347035957197 or call 07035957197. You can also learn more about him on Google by simply typing Stephen Michael DrMiki

Good Luck!

Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by Kayceebae: 5:12pm On Mar 14, 2019
I want to recommend The Speech Masters Academy in Lagos. It's a school run by Dr. Mikki himself.

I think he mostly run private sessions at their centers in Lagos. The sessions are flexible so you chose what you want to learn, when you want to attend class and where you want. He also organizes monthly seminars on public speaking, presentation skills and sales skills.

Dr. Mikki is one coach any student would want to have. He's learned, vast, has a good sense of humor and not judgmental (not religious, or sentimental). His sessions gave me strength, courage and confidence. It gave me clarity and ideas on how to become a stronger communicator as a woman.

You can call him on 07035957197

Or Google him to learn more about him.

Thanks

Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by Ofon1million: 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
Fordax Training Academy in Lagos.

Www.fordax.com.ng/academy

The Public speaking school runs a 4 weeks program on public speaking and presentation skills.
Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by Jamalaliyuman: 2:00pm On Mar 11, 2020
Fordax public speaking school is the best place to be if you want to overcome stage fright, trust me, ive been there and ive gone through the fordax system and it works!!!
Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by Jamalaliyuman: 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by obinneka2020: 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2020
When I attuned the training at Forrdax here in Lagos I had a one on one learning time with the trainers. Due to my work schedule, I couldn’t attend the regular classes so I opted for the one-on-one class with Dr Miki. It was great to be honest and if you have a tight schedule like me, you can opt for a one-on-one class. You can chat with the trainers by clicking on this WhatsApp link https:///2347035957179.
Deprofessional:

Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by VeeBabs(m): 8:24am On May 30, 2021
You can try LiveSpeech Coaching. Google it.

They do private and group training (my company has worked with them in the past).

They're rather expensive, though.
Re: Where To Learn The Art Of Public Speaking In Lagos by fatokunbolu: 1:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
You can become a good public speaker through having a good trainer, making sure you seize every opportunity to make yourself better or simply belonging to a public speaking community and you just might become good enough as public speaker that you'll want to build a career out of it.

You could join a fast growing public speaking community based in Nigeria called SPS (Society of Public Speakers). They organize the SPS Speaker Conference, and big events for speakers to talk, which also would be of help to you. Message ODU'ola, He's a public speaking coach and Head of SPS.

(1) (Reply)

Download A FREE Template And Create A Professional CV / Banks With Lower Interest Rates On Loans For Salary Earners / ENYATA ACADEMY(A Free Remote Software Learning Program)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.